Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With that kind of logic, you put the blame on every abduction or missing person on the parent and/or caregiver. It could and has happened to other people no matter what age they are.

I'm not trying to be argumentative about it, I just can't see it from your view. I might lose a lot more respect here but I'm gonna let one of my skeletons out of the closet.

I was the mother of 2 by the time I was 16. And yes they are my biological children.

If one of my children went missing while in the care of a babysitter, or my ex's girlfriend (I don't care if she was 17 or 30) I would do everything in my power to make sure my children were never left alone with her again.

If one of my children went missing while in the care of a babysitter, or my ex's girlfriend (I don't care if she was 17 or 30) I would do everything in my power to make sure my children were never left alone with her again.

I certainly can understand you feelings, what a horrible thing to have to think about. But I do have 2 questions for you. What if your child went missing under your care or the care of your childs father, or both of you for that matter? You know it has happened time and time again where the child was taken right out of their home while one or both parents were inside the home. How would it be any different? I'm just curious and trying to understand your thoughts :)

Can I ask a question,please?On the local news there,Stormy said CS has a PI.If so,would a private investigator be allowed to speak to the media of information the LE are keeping quiet for a reason?It would not seem right to have info released unless it was approved by LE.They're working a case so,are they allowed to talk?

As long as the PI is not working as an agent along with LE, whatever the PI finds out independently of LE, COULD be shared with the public if that's what he/she feels is necessary. I can't imagine it will work well for LE, and I'm sure as soon as that happens, LE will make sure they understand how they don't appreciate it. Mostly though, seems a PI ends up on NG as another talking cowboy hat.

Well,it seems to me if so many LE Depts are working to bring your child and they're keeping quiet,you would not want your child endangered.This is just turning into this last mess.I understand lawyers and PR and they all should have that,but a PI,I don't think that's right,nor necessary.No way a PI would have the training or experience all the LE involved have and could possibly do more harm than good.I hope LE nips it in the bud real quick.

Well,it seems to me if so many LE Depts are working to bring your child and they're keeping quiet,you would not want your child endangered.This is just turning into this last mess.I understand lawyers and PR and they all should have that,but a PI,I don't think that's right,nor necessary.No way a PI would have the training or experience all the LE involved have and could possibly do more harm than good.I hope LE nips it in the bud real quick.

~bolded by always~

Some PI's actually are retired LE. One group of PI'S is Ex-FBI agents.

http://www.ex-fbi-agents.com/

If this can find Haleigh.....:praying:

<<Her grandmother, Teresa Neves said, "This wedding is for Haleigh. When she comes home, Misty will be Mommy. That's what she wanted when she was here, and when she comes home, that's what she'll have.">>

Doesn't this seem like a pretty heartless thing to say while Crystal is still alive? It's not like Haleigh's mother is deceased, then I could see it.

What kind of relationship did Crystal & Teresa have for her to say this?

<<Her grandmother, Teresa Neves said, "This wedding is for Haleigh. When she comes home, Misty will be Mommy. That's what she wanted when she was here, and when she comes home, that's what she'll have.">>

Doesn't this seem like a pretty heartless thing to say while Crystal is still alive? It's not like Haleigh's mother is deceased, then I could see it.

I've wondered about TN's contribution to this dysfunction myself.

+ Crystal's first response to TN's call about Haleigh missing was to wonder if it was a prank. First utterance. I think that's because she's probably been the recepient of cruel calls about the children in the past.

+ Nancy Grace asks TN if laundry could've been on the floor the night Haleigh went missing. TN could've said yes. Instead, she pauses and then dramatically and "so reluctantly" states that she's sorry to say that laundry was always on the floor. Dig at MC. This may have been true - but why say it ?

+ TN refers to MC's cousin coming into "our" home. He went to the home RC and MC shared, not TN's house.

I think NOBODY is ever getting between TN and her boy. JMOO

+ Crystal's first response to TN's call about Haleigh missing was to wonder if it was a prank. First utterance. I think that's because she's probably been the recepient of cruel calls about the children in the past.

+ Nancy Grace asks TN if laundry could've been on the floor the night Haleigh went missing. TN could've said yes. Instead, she pauses and then dramatically and "so reluctantly" states that she's sorry to say that laundry was always on the floor. Dig at MC. This may have been true - but why say it ?

+ TN refers to MC's cousin coming into "our" home. He went to the home RC and MC shared, not TN's house.

Agreed!!!

I think one of the most valid concerns that CS's attorney can pursue in court is Parental Alienation Syndrome being committed by the Cummings family.

This is becoming more and more prominent in custody arguements- I know of several cases in which judges placed the children with the parent who is better able to cultivate and encourage the children having a good relationship with the other parent.

TN has been in the press more times than I can recall stating that Misty is like a mommy. That Misty will be Haleigh's mommy.

None of this bodes well for exhibiting that the Cummings family is capable of allowing Crystal to be a mother to those children.

Take all of the financial and criminal out of the equation for a moment and consider this. Every child has an ingraned desire to be loved by his or her parents. Thwarting this with actions or words can be very damaging to the psyche of a child.

No respect has been shown by that family to Crystal as the mother of those children. Instead they seem to think you can change mothers like you change shoes. That a wedding to Ronald automatically makes Misty Haleigh's new mommy.

That is not true and it's actually a form of emotional and mental abuse to the child.

Visit here:
http://www.paskids.com/

I do not agree with TN saying that Misty will be mommy. I was kind of horrified about it honestly.

I have a mami that wasn't the best of mothers (to put it mildly) and a step mother. I love my step mother, I think she's one of the greatest human beings on this planet. BUT I have a mami and my step mom will always be either Diane or mama Di. Never mommy.

To me, mommy ( or mami to us Latinos) is one of the most sacred titles you can have. Every mother I know cannot wait until their baby utters that word.

Misty may be step mama, but IMO she is NOT mommy. That's stepping over the line.

I feel it was an extremely heartless and disrespectful thing to say and I lost alot of repect for her when she said this.But my heart does go out to her about Haleigh.Misty will never be Haleigh's mother.Haleigh has a mommy Crystal,that seems to care very much about her little girl.I feel it is very disrespectful and wrong to try and have another woman come in and be Haleigh's mother when she already has a mommy.I'm not causing trouble.It's just how I feel.I pray they find Haleigh and bring her home to her mommy and daddy and her family.

Yea reminds me of how Nancy Grace is always calling Crystal the Bio mom like she has given up Haleigh for adoption or lost her parent rights. UGH

I do not agree with TN saying that Misty will be mommy. I was kind of horrified about it honestly.

I have a mami that wasn't the best of mothers (to put it mildly) and a step mother. I love my step mother, I think she's one of the greatest human beings on this planet. BUT I have a mami and my step mom will always be either Diane or mama Di. Never mommy.

To me, mommy ( or mami to us Latinos) is one of the most sacred titles you can have. Every mother I know cannot wait until their baby utters that word.

Misty may be step mama, but IMO she is NOT mommy. That's stepping over the line.

Tichad I completely agree and I know where your coming from. My step father has been in my life since I was 10 years old. He is an amazing man and he's been a better parent to me than my real father has. He's also treated my children as though they were his own grandchildren. I love him very much & so do my kids BUT he's not my dad and I would never hurt or disrespect my father by calling him dad. I know some people in similar situations do, but I know how hurtful it would be to my dad so I dont. My step father has always been Papa Mike and he's fine with that.

Its not like Crystal died and she's out of their lives or something. IMO its a back handed slap in the face to Crystal on Misty & TN's part.

Actually LE cannot do anything to nip this in the bud. They have had a month to find Haleigh and I imagine the remaining decision-makers (such as they are) have decided to take the search in another direction. Can't say I blame them one bit. Nothing against LE, but PIs can work around some of the obstacles that LE might encounter.

I think the support for Crystal is not just a bias against Ron and Misty.

To me the glaring difference between the Walsh, Smart, Van Damn and Lunsford cases from this one is NOT that they are being treated differently in public opinion because of any bias about their social class or income, etc. In those cases the families gave TRUTHFUL, CONSISTENT, VERIFIABLE and SPECIFIC information about their child, their home, the situation, the clothing, and every other aspect. There were no changing stories, no "oops I found the shirt I swore she had on", the door lock, the blankets, the light, the bathroom, etc. etc. etc.
The public outrage does not come primarily from Misty's age, or the fact that she says she was asleep, or how responsible she was/was not.......If she is old enough and competent enough to be an overnight sitter, a "step-mom", and a wife....then she should darn well be competent enough to tell a consistent story!

I don't know how much time Chrystal spent being Haleigh's mom over the last 5 years. She has been seeing the kids every other weekend, does anyone know how long this visitation has been in place? This is not meant as a dig at Chrystal, I don't know her or her situation well enough to comment, but here's another side to the story.

When my youngest dd was 5, I got engaged. The first words out of her mouth were "Wow! Now I'll have a daddy!" and indeed he has been her daddy since that day. This was not something she had been told by an adult. Kids this age are very aware of social norms and living with your mommy and daddy in this country is still the "norm".

Obviously my dd had a father prior to that day. He lived 10 minutes from us, I was married to him for 12 years. After our divorce he choose not to see our kids, to try and get out of paying child support. I never bad mouthed him, his actions spoke louder than any words I could say. When I remarried all those years ago my kids got the dad they deserved from the beginning. Today only my oldest dd will even speak to her bio-dad. The other 2 call my dh dad and it's a title he earned.

We don't know what the circumstances were in that house, maybe in spite of how it appears to us today, Misty has been a good mom. Until LE says differently I'm trying to give both families the benefit of the doubt.

Children have an incredible ability to spread the love around, have strong ties with multiple adults and all the love they get from everyone around them is exactly how it should be.

I absolutely agree with your last statement, but I have to admit when reading about the laundry problem my first thought was she should have a talk with her son about that! She can't have it both ways. Either Misty behaved in a responsible manner in the home or Ron was the only adult in the home therefore it's his problem.

This post is not in response to any certain post...just me needing to get it out!

Everyone is still a suspect...yes, this is true. However, we have LE telling us that the thing they are trying to do right now is get to the bottom of Misty's inconsistencies...not Crystal's!

Yes, Crystal owes back child support! I personally do not care about that, I mean, she had paid up until she lost her job...right? Lots of people...men and women alike...are behind on their child support and it has nothing to do with not loving or wanting to take care of their children!

She still comes and gets the children on her scheduled visitations...right? This, to me, is very telling in what kind of a mother she was! Women lose custody of their kids everyday and even go on to have other children...that doesn't make them not love the children that they do not have custody of any longer. It just goes to show that in fact life really does go on!

This case has totally overwhelmed and taken over me! There are days when I come on here to read and I have so much to say but I can't...everything but the missing daughter...HALEIGH...hits way too close to home!

As far as Teresa N always referring to Misty as 'Mommy', to me, just shows exactly how *most* ex-in-laws (yes, I know Crystal and Ron were never married) would get a dig in at the ex. It's so funny how so many people are saying that it is Crystal and her side of the family that are doing all the trash talking about Ron and his family when in fact it is going on in both families. Sad, yes.

I cannot fault Crystal for telling media and anyone else who would listen about the abuse and the drugs...I would lay my life out like an open book...and trust me...I'm sure I would be judged, it might hurt to hear certain things being said about me, but at least I would be trying every avenue I could think of to come to a conclusion on what happened to my daughter! One small tip could bring Haleigh home or this case to a close...I would be spewing everything I could think of out of my mouth! What one person finds to be unimportant could possibly be what helps find Haleigh!

Again, this is to no one at all...just my ramblings that I felt like I needed to put out there...;)

And if you were the one watching them at the time and slept through it? Would you feel you could never be left alone with your children again and feel this was just "punishment"?

Those are NOT Misty's kids. Misty was only in the picture for a few months. If this had happened after a longer period of time then yeah....but not in 5 or 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth