Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A child's real mother can deal with almost anything so long as she can hold her live child in her arms, and I believe Crystal has shown this by TRYING to get counseling for JR.

My opinion only

Yes as long as there is breath there is hope for recovery.

A prayer for Crystal at this moment:
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Hang in there Crystal. My heart and prayers are with you at this time, lady.

I can't imagine being in Crystal's shoes, watching Nancy Grace the last two nights.

Here, she thought TM and Equusearch might help find her daughter. Then, she sees RC and MC try to blame TM.

I would have been angry and terrified to see them pushing TM and Equusearch away ...

She did the right thing releasing a statement in support of TM and the organization.

She & Marie will have their say on Nancy G tonight, I'm sure. (I don't mean that in a bad way)

I hope they are honest and don't hold anything back and Miss Nancy had better treat Crystal with just as much padding as she did Ronald. I expected tough questions from Nancy and I was disappointed.

Another report on Crystal's support of TES:

The Sheffield/Griffis families appreciate the dedication of Tim Miller to the
truth and to the search for HaLeigh. As a family, they have made a donation to
Texas EquuSearch in the name of HaLeigh Cummings and they ask others to do the
same.

"I still wake up every morning wondering if someone will call and tell me that
HaLeigh has been found and that she wants to see me. All I want is HaLeigh
back home. I would like to thank Tim Miller for trying to help find my
daughter," says Crystal Sheffield.

Marie Griffis agrees and says, "We have been looking for HaLeigh for over six
months and we need all of the help we can get. All we want is the truth. Thank
you Mr. Miller for helping to find out the truth about HaLeigh."
<snipped>

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS116804+02-Sep-2009+PRN20090902

I can't imagine being in Crystal's shoes, watching Nancy Grace the last two nights.

Here, she thought TM and Equusearch might help find her daughter. Then, she sees RC and MC try to blame TM.

I would have been angry and terrified to see them pushing TM and Equusearch away ...

She did the right thing releasing a statement in support of TM and the organization.

Hi, This will be an unpopular comment to make but I have always thought it and said nothing.

I'm just watching NG and have to agree with her. It could well be little Haleigh never had a chance. Part of that comes from how I read Crystal. She shows no emotion, her voice is almost monotone, her words really say nothing.

She has heard things like the partying of Misty right before Haleigh went missing. She has had a placid convo with her on the phone but said she couldn't or would not be able to even ask Misty if she knew anything about the abduction, the changing sleeping arrangement stories and only knew an about time that Haleigh got out of school each day. What is with her?

I know stress can make people act unlike they normally do. But her reactions are not at all what I would expect from the mother of a missing child.

It could be too that she has been advised by her counsel to be demure and low key in interviews. Sorry. I don't think she is involved in any way. But where is her heart, her strength for Haleigh. I don't see it coming across at all. xox

Another report on Crystal's support of TES:

The Sheffield/Griffis families appreciate the dedication of Tim Miller to the
truth and to the search for HaLeigh. As a family, they have made a donation to
Texas EquuSearch in the name of HaLeigh Cummings and they ask others to do the
same. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?u=13831

"I still wake up every morning wondering if someone will call and tell me that
HaLeigh has been found and that she wants to see me. All I want is HaLeigh
back home. I would like to thank Tim Miller for trying to help find my
daughter," says Crystal Sheffield.

Marie Griffis agrees and says, "We have been looking for HaLeigh for over six
months
and we need all of the help we can get. All we want is the truth. Thank
you Mr. Miller for helping to find out the truth about HaLeigh."
<snipped>

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS116804+02-Sep-2009+PRN20090902
I do so wish they would tell us where they have been looking and when those searches took place. I honestly have not heard of one search orchestrated by this side and yet they were the ones diligently raising money for searches at the HBC. It would be great to hear from them about the searches so we can put those on the list as areas being "cleared". Maybe they can give a list to Tim.

I hope they are honest and don't hold anything back and Miss Nancy had better treat Crystal with just as much padding as she did Ronald. I expected tough questions from Nancy and I was disappointed.

Yes Elle, I wish she had asked tougher questions. But Nancy's reaction to Crystal's comments made me wonder if she was thinking, as she slowly shook her bowed head, . .unbelievable, and this is little Haleigh's mother. That said so much to me, enough to get out of bed and come post what I thought. xox

ETA: I should have read all the comments before posting but feel better seeing other posters having similar thoughts.

When I think of a 'lost' child somewhere out there in this huge wide world, I would think those closest to the child, the parents, should be as vociferous as possible in letting the public know all about her - continually. Children are helpless anyway to fend for themselves. They need a loud and loving voice to help them be found. I have seen that over and over here at WS.

I am worried about Crystal. Although she has had time to brace herself for bad news, no amount of bracing can prepare a mother for the worst. She seems fragile and I just don't know if she can survive mentally if Haleigh is dead. At least she has support where she is.

Grace I would not wish this position on my worst enemy, although I have none of which I am aware. I am sure that CS has been counseled on the statistical probability that Haleigh is no longer alive, it is something she has to have thought about - poor dear. She hasn't had such a great life either, has she.

The not knowing - I could just cry for all of them. All of the families of the missing are in my heart and prayers tonight.

I wonder what caused the change of heart with the Sheffields/Griffis about TM. They were not happy he was coming to search originally now they are singing his praises and requesting people donate to his organization in Haleighs name. Donations to TES is a good thing, I am just wondering what they learned that caused them to make such a quick about face with regards to TES.

I wonder what caused the change of heart with the Sheffields/Griffis about TM. They were not happy he was coming to search originally now they are singing his praises and requesting people donate to his organization in Haleighs name. Donations to TES is a good thing, I am just wondering what they learned that caused them to make such a quick about face with regards to TES.
Three guesses. Not that you would need them or anything.

It is very obvious to me it is because they made Misty look bad and now are going after Ronald. As with anything or anyone that goes against Ronald...they will jump right on that bandwagon. When Ronald was getting along well with Tim, they did not want anything to do with TES or TM even if it meant he was going to bring Haleigh home.

Do you have a link that said Sheffields/Griffs were not happy about Tim Miller
ever, I must miss that one.

A free-for-all bashing of Crystal because she did not tear into people the way NG, chum-seeker wanted.........well, allrighty then. I'm more impressed with Crystal and Marie's grace under fire than I am with the opportunistic bullying it allows others.

Crystal never blamed Ronald for not knowing when Haleigh got off the bus. Crystal said "I don't know." Crystal didn't lie about anything. She'd been told Misty was partying. She'd been told all the different stories about where the children were sleeping. She'd been told a lot of things. All have turned out to be lies. To state "I don't know what her involvement is but I sure do suspect her" seems a reasonable answer.

To have Nancy Grace use her show and victimize Crystal ONE MORE TIME (just like a lot of posters on WS seem to love to do) regarding the fact that she was not an active part of her children's lives unless they were in her physical care, is unconscionable. To state her children just never had a chance, bowing her head to elicit just such comments as I've read about Crystal since the show ended is to verbally punch her in the face one more time telling her she just wasn't good enough and if she had been, none of this would have happened.

Let's put it where it belongs: Ronald was sleeping with a minor who does drugs. This doped up hazed up teenybopper can't tell the truth and Ron marries her to sheild her. ASK THEM WHERE HALEIGH IS.

A free-for-all bashing of Crystal because she did not tear into people the way NG, chum-seeker wanted.........well, allrighty then. I'm more impressed with Crystal and Marie's grace under fire than I am with the opportunistic bullying it allows others.

Crystal never blamed Ronald for not knowing when Haleigh got off the bus. Crystal said "I don't know." Crystal didn't lie about anything. She'd been told Misty was partying. She'd been told all the different stories about where the children were sleeping. She'd been told a lot of things. All have turned out to be lies. To state "I don't know what her involvement is but I sure do suspect her" seems a reasonable answer.

To have Nancy Grace use her show and victimize Crystal ONE MORE TIME (just like a lot of posters on WS seem to love to do) regarding the fact that she was not an active part of her children's lives unless they were in her physical care, is unconscionable. To state her children just never had a chance, bowing her head to elicit just such comments as I've read about Crystal since the show ended is to verbally punch her in the face one more time telling her she just wasn't good enough and if she had been, none of this would have happened.

Let's put it where it belongs: Ronald was sleeping with a minor who does drugs. This doped up hazed up teenybopper can't tell the truth and Ron marries her to sheild her. ASK THEM WHERE HALEIGH IS.

Could not have said it better.

I thought we were not suppose to name call on these threads?

My power went off...I missed the 8pm NG, I read all the comments online...then I watched the 10pm...

Poor Cyrstal, woe is me....this has been going on for 7 months. NG asked her simple questions and the responses came across nonchalant....NG was getting frustrated, as she always does...

If this were my child....I would do my best to find out EXACTLY what happened the 48 hours prior to the disappearance..... I would have acted more forceful.....I WOULD know every minute of what happened....the discrepancies.... Crystal is the MOM......does not matter if she was not with her.

NG was blown away she could not even answer basic questions.....If CS is/was still in shock....MG should have opened her mouth forcefully....on National TV and DEMANDED THE TRUTH from all parties.............

the 3 day binge....she should have told her WHAT SHE BELIEVED AND WHY..and not allow NG to bully her...She has been on the show before and should not have been surprised.

as for NG being easy on RC...I do not think so....look at the guest she had on talking about a decomposed HaLeigh.... a lot of people forgot that....

I really do feel sorry for Crystal.....she had nothing to do with the disappearance of her DAUGHTER..... NG was NG....and when she folded her arms and said SHE NEVER HAD A CHANCE? Oh, how true...

I haven't seen anyone victimizing Crystal here, just stating their opinions as you do.

Crystal is not a liar. Can't say that about Ron and Misty. You can see how battered she is. She doesn't not have the skills to handle the media. She will learn, she has to crawl before she can walk. I am overwhelmed with her honesty; boy, RC must have really loved pushing her around....taking the kids from her...how sad! I wrote me letter to NG and she is going to get some documents that she should have been familiar with all along. Whether she reads them or not is another thing.

Is Bill O'Reilly covering this case? I don't have Fox but will get it if he is. He put up a sting all the way to the supreme court with that cretin and his family who took precious Jessica Lunsford. He was livid that they didn't prosecute the others along with couey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper