GUILTY CT - Aaden Moreno, 7 mos, thrown from bridge, Middletown, 5 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
At least the father didn't succeed in killing himself-now he can face the music. I don't know how he could do this to a baby-suicidal or not

I wish there was more that can be done to protect women and children in these situations.

The sad thing in this case is the judge didnt even grant the RO.

Just wish there was more protection that could be given once it is known the woman and child is scared of husband or boyfriend.

It is horrible to think of the fear and not having any real help to prevent things like this. Moving out of state and hiding is not a great option most of the time due to cost and also since whatever remaining support family is typically in the same town so its not like the woman can just pick up and move somewhere to hide.

Just wish there was more that could be done to stop this senseless crime. It happens way too often. Its always the same type of story. Some idiot gets mad and gets revenge in his mind and either hurts the women or like this case the child or both.

There has got to be something new that can be developed to help protect people.

So sad

i know first hand that happens because it happened to my husband. his ex wife filed a TRO as a tool to gain full temp custody until the hearing. only thing is, in my county there are two family courts, one for regular ppl and one for domestic violence and if your case starts off w a TRO guess where your case ends up? and those judges and custody evaluators are all biased because they are used to dealing w abusers all day. my husband never laid a finger on his ex and has no history of DV but all she had to do was cry "im scared!" and she got the TRO (which was dismissed at court wothout cause but too late, his case was at DV family court)

it is tragic when this happens :( poor little guy. my heart breaks for this little baby.

I know there is a lot of talk locally about this judge being a disgrace, but I am not ready to blame the judge. We don't know what kind of evidence the mother had to back up her claims, and anyone can take someone to court for anything they want - legitimate or not. It wouldn't be the first time a woman tried to get back at a man by falsely accusing them of being abusive. Sadly, in this case, her claims appear to be true, but we don't know what happened in court. It will be interesting to see if the reason for the denial of the RO comes out.

You can read a full transcript of the RO hearing here - obtained fron WFSB News:

http://www.wfsb.com/story/29488950/body-of-missing-7-month-old-found-in-east-haddam

Reading through this, I can understand why the judge made the decision he did. They seem like 2 very immature people who had a relationship that went sour.

ETA: Changed link. The direct link to the document wasn't working. This link will take you to a news article with a link to the court documents embedded in it.

idk it seemed to me as if she had a reason. My husband's ex wife said she was "Scared" because he had a criminal history, no threats noted at all. his criminal history was over 15 years old and she was fine being married to him for ten years.

You can read a full transcript of the RO hearing here - obtained fron WFSB News:

http://www.wfsb.com/story/29488950/body-of-missing-7-month-old-found-in-east-haddam

Reading through this, I can understand why the judge made the decision he did. They seem like 2 very immature people who had a relationship that went sour.

ETA: Changed link. The direct link to the document wasn't working. This link will take you to a news article with a link to the court documents embedded in it.

Omg. The poor mother. The text conversation between her and the sperm donor is horrific. What he did is abuse. He murdered the baby to hurt her. I hope he goes to jail for the rest of his life.

I keep reading that he had an RO? So there was one that existed before the one that was denied?

I am unclear on the RO timeline. She filed for one, which was granted on a temporary basis until the court hearing a couple weeks later - when a permanent RO was denied.

However, TM was charged with violating an RO in addition to murder, so I am confused about what RO was in effect on July 5th...

I keep reading that he had an RO? So there was one that existed before the one that was denied?

She was granted a temporary order by a different judge, but permanent one was denied. Temporary order was granted on June 17th. Permanent was denied on June 29th by Judge Pinkus.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
username_not_found
Back