CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the info about Prof Bennett - very glad to hear he has been cleared.

Pharmacology Department chair Joseph Schlessinger said he first learned of Le’s disappearance from her faculty advisor Anton Bennett, an assistant professor in the pharmacology department. A 2007 graduate of the University of Rochester, Le is studying for a Ph.D. in pharmacology and molecular medicine.

Schlessinger said that Bennett e-mailed him yesterday around noon informing him that Le had not come in to work and that no one knew where she was. Police confiscated all of Le’s materials from the Anton Bennet Lab in the Sterling Hall Department of Pharmacology, where she worked.

http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/city-news/2009/09/09/medical-student-goes-missing/

I don't think Bennett was cleared. It was Schlessinger that was cleared wasn't it? Maybe I've got it backwards. lol.

A professor who suddenly canceled a class Le was to attend around the time she went missing was questioned Friday, but had a rock-solid alibi and is not considered a suspect, a law enforcement source said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...isappearance_say_case_wide.html#ixzz0QxLll4T7

Sorry, but right now rock-solid alibis and phrases of not considered a suspect mean nothing to me. Unless he was in front of an entire classroom of people and didn't leave all morning after 10:00am when she was seen on the video last...in my opinion...he is still a suspect. Sources also are saying the clothes belong to Annie, but we haven't seen that in print yet...have we?

Cops discovered bride-to-be Annie Le's blood-stained clothes stuffed in the ceiling of the building at 10 Amistad St. in New Haven, the source said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...isappearance_say_case_wide.html#ixzz0QxMjM0R6

Were her lab and office both in Sterling? She swiped into the building at 10AM- did she ever actually reach her lab?

I believe her office is in Sterling and lab is at Armistad, although some media is calling both places "labs". Argh!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...nt_annie_les_disappearance_say_case_wide.html

clothes found have been identified as those belonging to Annie Le.

The source said investigators are looking at various scenarios, including:

A burglary gone bad - the lab where Le was last seen is full of valuable equipment.
Kidnapping - Le's mother owns nail salons in California and has access to cash.

From Emma's link

...A professor who suddenly canceled a class Le was to attend around the time she went missing was questioned Friday, but had a rock-solid alibi and is not considered a suspect, a law enforcement source said.

Were her lab and office both in Sterling? She swiped into the building at 10AM- did she ever actually reach her lab?
It is my understanding they were not in the same building, but two blocks apart. I honestly don't see that she has a purse with her or anything except the large book and papers. (Probably why she didn't bother taking those things)

BBM.
I find this a bit strange - why would an assistant prof who had a grad student working under him notify the department chair that the student was missing? I can imagine in my institution there would be grumbling that the TA didn't turn up, and maybe there would be phone calls to her home or to other students who might know where she is, but an email to the department head? A little over the top? Especially so soon after the supposed time of disappearance?

Yep, how would Bennet know that Annie wasn't just off somewhere and would have made it to her class? Why would Bennett notify the department chair but not campus security and LE?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbCG4qnhAZs"]YouTube - Bloody clothing, no body, found at Yale[/ame]

:angel:

where did she study over the summer?
you know the parents (of the girl stabbed to death at yale, none caught, kinda the apear disapear thing going on) is big with molecular biology. the parents aparently sent everyone on a witch hunt of a professor who claims wha tthey said is lies

father of her was thomas jovin

Yep, how would Bennet know that Annie wasn't just off somewhere and would have made it to her class? Why would Bennett notify the department chair but not campus security and LE?
It would help to know what time the class was scheduled to meet.

Anyone except me feel like it is strange that LE just now found those clothes in the ceiling of the lab?! She has been missing since Tuesday! WTH?! :waitasec:

Have we seen the full text of that email yet? And has the exact time it was sent mentioned anywhere?

I'm jumping in the case way behind. I have read all 4 pages of the new tread and a few of the last thread.

I'm wondering if this lab had a bio hazard dump? Maybe she was placed in a bio hazard trash or in a regular trash chute. i don't think she went out of that building walking on her two feet. I also believe this had to be someone with clearance to get in that lab. To know the alarm the person would've had to have been in that lab at some point. Wonder if there may have been someone who was kicked off the lab team? Or maybe someone who thought she being a women should never have beat him out in getting a spot on the team.

I think this one is going to come back to someone either on the team, or someone who thought they deserved a spot on that team.

I have a few things to add, not the least of which is that 10 Amistad houses Yale's Stem Cell research facility.

The research they do in that building is very sensitive. The entire building, each floor, each lab, is high security. Built in 2007, it’s a state of the art stem-cell research facility with all security trimmings - a modern fortress. I’ve not been in THIS building , but I’ve been in these labs before. They are targets for mischief from anti-stem-cell groups (and they know it); so the buildings are built like Fort Knox. Entrances and egresses guarded. EXTREME surveillance. Building has security clearance. Parking has security clearance. Each floor has security clearance, each lab has security clearance. In fact, a fire drill there is probably a big fat rehearsed event. The staff undergoes security & protocol training. On and on.

http://www.imakenews.com/cure/e_article000932833.cfm?x=b11,0,w

Annie worked in Anton Bennett’s lab. Based on what I’m gleaning from the literature, Anton Bennett lab does cellular metabolism research. Don’t know if this means he uses stem cells, but to anyone interested in sabatoge, it would matter only that the Bennett lab is in the stem-cell building.

Here’s Bennett’s Yale bio:
http://info.med.yale.edu/pharm/faculty/index.php?bioID=3
Here’s some Bennett lab research. There’s more on line.
http://opa.yale.edu/news/article.aspx?id=1760

Another thing that is so troublesome to me - her office, where she left her purse, cell, credit cards, etc, is no where near the lab building. It's 2 blocks away. I know people who do this work. It's a bit weird, to go to the lab to do lab work without your purse.

Also, she was holding a book in the video, had her security card. She was looking at the book. I think she needed an answer about something and went to the lab to talk to someone. Or, I think she was asked to come over with an answer or a reference book by someone in the lab. I just have the feeling she wasn't expecting to stay in the lab building very long.

Call me crazy, but do we need to think along such lines as: Did someone trick her into letting them into Bennett's lab?

I have some other thoughts/info. I'll post again later.

This one has my attention. I think we might see some further intrigue...:waitasec:

I believe her office is in Sterling and lab is at Armistad, although some media is calling both places "labs". Argh!

Yeah- I've read all the newspaper articles I could find, but it's just not clear to me. All the labs I've worked in, graduate students usually have bench space in the lab, and might share an office with several other students. Space is generally pretty tight. I'm wondering if she ever actually made it to the lab- it seems that someone would have seen her.

I highly doubt "Dan" really knows Annie's fiance. If you click on the link that his name goes to, it is not a real page. That hardly confirms that he's half Chinese.

People like "John Smith" are what is wrong with this world. Ugh.

Sure "dan" gave a fake weblink, but if you look at it it's "dan widawsky" - who seems to be the brother of jonathan (I had a link but them my computer froze.... not going to try it again!)

A professor who suddenly canceled a class Le was to attend around the time she went missing was questioned Friday, but had a rock-solid alibi and is not considered a suspect, a law enforcement source said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...isappearance_say_case_wide.html#ixzz0QxLll4T7

Sorry, but right now rock-solid alibis and phrases of not considered a suspect mean nothing to me. Unless he was in front of an entire classroom of people and didn't leave all morning after 10:00am when she was seen on the video last...in my opinion...he is still a suspect. Sources also are saying the clothes belong to Annie, but we haven't seen that in print yet...have we?

Cops discovered bride-to-be Annie Le's blood-stained clothes stuffed in the ceiling of the building at 10 Amistad St. in New Haven, the source said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...isappearance_say_case_wide.html#ixzz0QxMjM0R6

hmmm that is not in quotes from the LE. I'm taking it with a grain of salt. As most media get it wrong.

I thought the lab was @ 10 Armistad (is this not the Street name and Bennett's lab location?) - the same place she swiped in at 10 a.m., and where the alarm was sounded, and now where bloody clothes were found. Her purse, etc. was left in her office in Sterling Hall on Cedar Street. I don't understand where the job comes into play other than this class he cancelled before the fact that she was missing.

I'm not sure but didn't she leave her office in Sterling to go to the lab in Armistad to perform some experiments? Maybe the lab at Armistad is better equipped for the type of experiments she needed to do?

Have we seen the full text of that email yet? And has the exact time it was sent mentioned anywhere?
I haven't seen it yet and all I have seen mentioned was "around noon". We know the alarm went off at 12:40pm tho.

It would help to know what time the class was scheduled to meet.

Anyone except me feel like it is strange that LE just now found those clothes in the ceiling of the lab?! She has been missing since Tuesday! WTH?! :waitasec:

The class time would be a help. Hey, does Yale website have their instructors class schedules listed?

About the clothing...I keep thinking how long it took LE to find Eridania.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove