Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this does make sense now.

Well it is obviously someone who is familiar with using an autoclave and knows the building well. Student or professor. Hope they arrest the responsible party soon...cannot imagine what her family and fiance are going through...

I believe her fiance is half-Chinese.

A lot of Asians would fixate on the white, though. It's kind of like how a lot of white people here in the South get upset when they see a white girl going out with a light-skinned black man. They don't care that he's part-white. They just get upset about the black portion of his ancestry.

Thanks Labrat - I didn't think the monster would put Annie anywhere near her lab. Was there construction going on in that building? Who would know about utility cables running between floors? TIA

Either someone who worked in maintenance in the building or someone who had been thinking about how to commit this crime for a while.

I just went through the home pages of all the labs in the pathology department, many of which have pictures of the people working there. Frankly, these two would fit right in. The cornrowed guy in the pic looked much more groomed and fashionable any of the lab guys pictured.
See for yourself: http://www.yalepath.org/research_labs/index.htm

That link took me to the homepage. What two people are you talking about?

I'm so very sorry for Annie's family and her fiance'. What should have been one of the happiest days in their lives has turned into a nightmare that will never go away.
My sincerest condolences to all of them. May they one day find peace and justice for Annie.

I think we have learned alot from this case. These perps use everything available to them and aren't afraid to commit their a crimes in place like this with 75 cameras around. I am quite anxious to hear the motive for this horrible crime.

Here's a Wall Chase that will have a false wall panel to access/ conceal the HVAC refrigerant line.

d0620737.jpg

Looking down into a Chase Wall:
5ba234d5.jpg

Human Remains Found in Search for Missing Yale Student
Sunday, September 13, 2009
<snipped>
Police in Connecticut on Sunday said they found what they believe is the body of a Yale University graduate student and bride-to-be hidden inside the wall of a university building where she was last seen five days before.

New Haven Assistant Police Chief Peter Reichard said officials presumed the body was that of doctoral student Annie Le, although they had not yet positively identified it. Le has been the focus of a massive police search since Tuesday.

Le, 24, of Placerville, Calif., was to be married Sunday in Syosset, N.Y., on Long Island's north shore. New Haven police said they have contacted her family and have assumed control of the investigation, which is now being treated as a homicide.

State police found the body at around 5 p.m. Sunday in an area of the building that houses utility cables that run between floors.

SLIDESHOW: Police find what they believe is the body of Yale graduate student and bride-to-be Annie Le hidden inside the wall of a university building.
http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/us/2009/09/12/yale-graduate-student-disappears

Article:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,549765,00.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Body thought to be missing Yale graduate student Annie Le found stuffed inside wall at college lab
Sunday, September 13th 2009, 9:33 PM
<snipped>
Police found a body thought to be missing Yale graduate student Annie Le stuffed inside a wall in her lab Sunday night.

The body was found at the lab on Amistad St. in New Haven on what would have been the pharmacology student's wedding night.

"We are assuming it is her at this time, and are treating this as a homicide case," said New Haven Police Assistant Chief Peter Reichard.

"I feel so badly for Jonathan," said Cantor Sandra Sherry, of Temple Beth El in Huntington, who would have led the wedding service. "This really makes a mark on your whole life."

Le had been missing for five days. Her parents arrived in New Haven on Sunday.

The North Ritz Club in Syosset, L.I. was empty and dark Sunday. Some 160 guests should have been there to celebrate with Le and Widawsky.

"I'm so upset that there was no wedding today," said Lucille Mayer, a neighbor and family friend of the Widawsky's in Huntington, L.I.

"It was a lovely day for one, and now it's just sad."

Le and Widawsky, a grad student at Columbia, started dating as freshmen at the University of Rochester.

Students prayed for Le Sunday morning at Yale's University Church, where the Rev. Ian Buckner Oliver offered a moment of silence "for Annie, and her family, who have arrived here in New Haven, for her fiance, on this, what would have been their wedding day."

The couple had planned to fly to Greece for their honeymoon.

Officers and others are on the scene at the Yale Medical Building at 10 Amistad in New Haven where Annie Le was last seen on Tuesday.
alg_yale_medical_center.jpg

Rest In Peace Annie!
7032.gif

Annie Le pictured with her fiance Jonathan Widawsky. They were to marry Sunday, September 13.
amd_annie_le_widawsky.jpg

Article:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/200..._student_annie_le_stuffed_inside_a_wall_.html

:angel:

Before the announcement of the body:

" Sunday, September 13, 2009 5:00 p.m. (Four Hours Before the Body Find Press Conference)
Police: Clothes seized in lab are not what Le was wearing
BY PAUL NEEDHAM and ESTHER ZUCKERMAN

The bloody clothes seized from a ceiling at 10 Amistad St. on Saturday are not what Annie Le MED '13 was wearing when she entered that facility Tuesday, a source within the Yale Police Department said today.

The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation, added that the blood on the material could be either human blood or animal blood; many animal experiments are conducted in the research facility, he said, and so officials are currently analyzing the blood to determine its origins.

Aside from this development, it has been a mostly quiet afternoon at 10 Amistad St.'

http://www.yaledailynews.com/crosscampus/

Cornrow guy pic was on NY Daily News site. But now it is gone. There is no reporting anywhere about who he is or whether he was questioned. I'm going to spend my time on other angles...like Schlesinger.

Police discovered the body in the basement Sunday afternoon, said Yale University President Richard Levin in a statement to the campus community

As per CNN

Now, I will grant you that grad students can get a bit... musty... at times.

But they do tend look better in early first term than later, though, especially if they are first years. It does take a while before a grad student falls apart.

(And I'm not joking here.)

I went to graduate school for 7 years, and we all looked dusty, musty, and slightly oily from start to finish.
It's weird, but the less presentable one was, the more respected, in general.
The students I saw at the Yale labs, though, looked more like they'd never heard of fashion, and that includes the professors in charge.
Not that the cornrowed guy couldn't be working in one of the labs at Yale, but he'd definitely be a standout.

Thanks Labrat - I didn't think the monster would put Annie anywhere near her lab. Was there construction going on in that building? Who would know about utility cables running between floors? TIA

Facilities staff definitely- the people who keep the building running. I guess it would depend on how obvious this area was- maybe there were visible access panels?

That link took me to the homepage. What two people are you talking about?

The two people are the nerds in the pic in the quote part of my post. You have to click on the individual labs on the left to see each of their pages.

Re: two photos from Saturday morning:
A poster has referenced someone being "led out of the building" on Amistad at that time, which would mean that person had access to the building.

I realize it could have been referring to the State's Attorney in his casual weekend dress, but I do wonder if, instead, it refers to the black guy with the cornrows.

That comment would imply that the guy with the cornrows has sufficient affiliation with Yale to be allowed into the Amistad building even on a weekend, therefore probably a student or faculty member or administrator or - I suppose now that I think about it more -- a member of the maintenance staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!