CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #3 BODY FOUND

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bennet is her professor who cancelled the class he also started there in 1998 when another student was murdered

I believe that Annie's Tuesday afternoon class, where she was a TA, was to be taught by a Dr. Robek. Tuesday, Sept. 8, was to be the first class of this "course" on pathology and some have reported that the entire "course" was cancelled due to a lack of enrollment for the semester. What Bennett's role in this case, if any, is totally unclear and, I believe, not under suspicion.

Comments?

I believe either Schlesinger or the class's professor, Robek, actually canceled the class.
bump

last thread someone did the research on the class and which prof's class it was that was cancelled... iirc it was not bennett's... (dang it photographic memory! kick in now! Okay.. .it is refusing to so I guess I should go back and dig it up now! Dang that menopause which has plaugued me since the age of 21! Curse the chemo I had at age 15.. that is a whole 'nother OT lol)

Was Bennett at YALE 11 years ago in 1998?
What classes did the other murdered girl take?
Is her case here in WS to look at?

Her name is Suzanne Jovin She was stabbed to death 1998

her advisor - Anton Benett. Yale Prof/PhD

Annie worked in the Bennet Lab.

on his stuff.

A note on BENNETT. His name is in the newspapers a lot. That's only becuase Schlesinger said he got an email from him. We have not heard word one from Bennett.

No University is safe they just want people to think they are.They set up a false sense of security so parents send their children to these schools and they rake in a fortune but spend very little on actual safety.They are always in the most ghetto like area very high crime this way they do not have high taxes and its all about profits.My daughter went to Seton Hall They had entrance gate where a guard had to lift gate to get in or so I thought , but at other end of campus you just drove in no gate no guard nothing. They had a young woman murdered from Yale in 1998 never caught her killer.They are there to make money they may feel bad but that only lasts till they see if registration of new students are down.If I were her parents and groom to be I would get a very good lawyer and sue the pants off them then just maybe they would improve security measures to protect these young woman and man .

Yale was founded in New Haven before the ghetto was. In 1701. I don't think they built it in the ghetto on purpose.

Puff,
That is certainly true that we have not heard an "official statement" to the media from Bennett or anyone (including family and fiance' for that matter). Than again, everything thus far.. until tonight LE decided to trump them, Yale PAO has been man handling everything and anything released to the media including Yale staff members who have been contacted by media...

I am sure Yale has extended those tight reigns to their faculty and staff as well.

Just a thought...

I believe that Annie's Tuesday afternoon class, where she was a TA, was to be taught by a Dr. Robek. Tuesday, Sept. 8, was to be the first class of this "course" on pathology and some have reported that the entire "course" was cancelled due to a lack of enrollment for the semester. What Bennett's role in this case, if any, is totally unclear and, I believe, not under suspicion.

Comments?

The only thing suspicious about Bennett was that he emailed Schlesinger that Annie wasn't around as early as noon, even though her purse was in her office and she'd been there in the morning. He didn't cancel the class -- how could he since it wasn't his class and he wasn't an administrator? I really don't think we know anything at this time that makes Bennett suspicious really.
Think of all the possibilities for suspects in this case considering all the jealousy of grad school and the attractiveness of the victim.

I am hoping it is the suspect's shirt and he may have had her blood on it and hid it there and just had a t-shirt on or something when he walked out. Now they need to re-rack the tape and see if someone had different clothing on when they entered and when they left.

No one would stuff clothing up in a ceiling if the reason was benign.

imo
Good thinking about the different clothing!!!
Another thought, what if the killer is another woman?

A note on BENNETT. His name is in the newspapers a lot. That's only becuase Schlesinger said he got an email from him. We have not heard word one from Bennett.

Yes, we have:

Bennett, for his part, said he was first contacted by police late Tuesday after Le’s roommate reported her missing.

He emphasized that his eight-person laboratory team, of which Le is a member, works closely together and, as such, her colleagues noticed her absence quickly.

“There was certainly immediate concern about her whereabouts,” Bennett said. “And they grew over the course of the day,” especially after she missed a pathology class for which she is a teaching assistant.

Bennett described Le as an extremely diligent and well-organized student. He added that she was always aware of her surroundings and took appropriate precautions when leaving the lab late at night.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,548904,00.html

Is that a polite way of saying I'm arrogant? ;)

Oh no, not at all! I was feeling badly about ever mentioning an autoclave in the first place- I'm having trouble with the very idea in relation to Annie and I just didn't want anyone to think any of the speculation was actually confirmed.

this is a poster at www.truecrimereport.com

webtraveler said: psychic reading alert:
I'm getting that she had a stalker who didn't want her to get married. She knew him and thought he was a nice person, a little odd - but had no idea that he could be dangerous.
He felt he was losing her. He's been caught on video entering and exiting the building. He either has been or will be interviewed. He will be caught. He has pictures of her on his cell phone and printed out. He kept a lock of her hair as a souvenir. I'm also picking up that he is not a US born citizen. He is a student, dark hair, dark eyes, he's thin, not very tall - 5'6" to 5'8". He's mentally/emotionally unbalanced (possibly dealing with schizophrenia), but isn't on medication - although he needs to be. He thought she was sending him secret messages telepathically. He approached her about her upcoming wedding - expecting her to have called it off to be with him - that's what his delusions told him she would do.
He doesn't feel bad about killing her - he thinks she "made him do it". He's scared sh**less. He knows he killed her and that it's not a good thing to get caught. He's still fairly functional in society - generally speaking.
As for her body - cadaver dogs will find her. I'm picking up on something to do with chemicals, but it's not making sense. She's stuffed in a plastic container - a barrel shape.
Her body will be found and he will be arrested.
Posted 09/13/2009 at 07:52:21 PM

The professor cancelled his class suddenly and a few hours later she was reported missing.

He did it!

Makes the most sense. If she was headed to the lab for his class then he would have been the likely one there. If it was someone else random like a student or janitor then they may have just taken off quickly after the crime leaving the body at the scene but, the professor would be directly linked to that spot so he would have felt the need to hide the body.

Cornrow guy pic was on NY Daily News site. But now it is gone. There is no reporting anywhere about who he is or whether he was questioned. I'm going to spend my time on other angles...like Schlesinger.

What a dizzy day don't you think Puffster? From our discussions this morning, learning so many things here with scientific procedures and equip, false walls and ethnic traditions just to name a few.

Then waiting for the presser and the news is so discouraging. At least she is here in the now for her family and the man she loved.

You were great Puffster, as was every poster here, everyone contributing their thoughts as things were brought up. That's Websleuths for you where posters almost always work together to learn everything they can in a joint effort.

I just wish we could have had Annie found alive. She was taken way before her time. Her death is a great loss to the betterment of us all.

Now for her Justice, and I hope it will be swift and sure! xox

Bennet is her professor who cancelled the class he also started there in 1998 when another student was murdered

Where do you get that Bennett canceled the class?

I'M REALLY UP TO DATE ON BENNETT AND SCHLESSINGER

All we know is that there have been media reports that a class was canceled. we don't know whose class it is. we don't even know that a class was canceled. media also reports that the proffesor whose class it was has been questioned. some have SPECULATED it is Robek's 2p pathology class.

Her name is Suzanne Jovin She was stabbed to death 1998

found it when I googled..........
Suzanne Jovin, 21, was a senior at Yale
stabbed Suzanne 17 times
affluent neighborhood in New Haven
Susan knew her killer
no belongings taken

but she was off campus........
a certain professor was questioned but no proof.........
the professor is not mentioned on news just this article.......
not Bennet either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member