CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #3 BODY FOUND

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Belief, the world is a scary place. They are not even safe at a prestigious university such as Yale anymore. :(

No University is safe they just want people to think they are.They set up a false sense of security so parents send their children to these schools and they rake in a fortune but spend very little on actual safety.They are always in the most ghetto like area very high crime this way they do not have high taxes and its all about profits.My daughter went to Seton Hall They had entrance gate where a guard had to lift gate to get in or so I thought , but at other end of campus you just drove in no gate no guard nothing. They had a young woman murdered from Yale in 1998 never caught her killer.They are there to make money they may feel bad but that only lasts till they see if registration of new students are down.If I were her parents and groom to be I would get a very good lawyer and sue the pants off them then just maybe they would improve security measures to protect these young woman and man .

The two people are the nerds in the pic in the quote part of my post. You have to click on the individual labs on the left to see each of their pages.

Oooh ok I got it. Yeah it's weird because my husband has a doctorate from Yale, and he isn't a nerd at ALL! Lol.

There are multiple ways to deflesh, all of them pretty horrible. Since it is totally unlikely a perp would believe doing this would have rendered her unidentifiable at Yale (which would be the usual motive in criminal defleshing) - how many female grad students would be missing there? - then, yes, I think it is likely the perp meant to deflesh the body to make it lighter and stow her until they could move her again to a hiding place, where the fact she was (visually) unidentifiable would actually help.

Otherwise, it might be someone who has no idea these machines are used in this way, and s/he did this as a way to hide the body or defile it.

Also, I shudder to ask this, but do we know she was dead when placed in the autoclave?

This is all speculation here only- there is no indication anywhere in the reports that this is even a possibility. I fervently hope it stays that way.

Bennet is her professor who cancelled the class he also started there in 1998 when another student was murdered

i wonder if that process kills everything so no DNA can't be discovered? Since it's like a washing machine maybe she fought someone close to and they pushed her in?? i wonder if the student that failed the lie det. test is one of her lab partners?

In theory, yes, it could destroy DNA evidence. It is designed to kill bacteria AND spores from fungus with pressure and heat. This would also make the cells that contain DNA die and rupture, degredating the DNA. That is what is used to resteralize surgical instruments in hospitals, dental offices, doctors offices, etc. HOWEVER, since I have never autoclaved a human body, I cannot say 100% it would, but I have a very strong feeling that since they sterilize surgical equipment this way, thereby erradicating infectious diseases, it would also erradicate any possible DNA evidence.

Oooh ok I got it. Yeah it's weird because my husband has a doctorate from Yale, and he isn't a nerd at ALL! Lol.

But that's just it- he's got the doctorate! He's recovered from the ordeal by now- LOL.

I don't notice the doctoral students as looking particularly nerdy- they do tend to look tired, though.

I went to graduate school for 7 years, and we all looked dusty, musty, and slightly oily from start to finish.
It's weird, but the less presentable one was, the more respected, in general.
The students I saw at the Yale labs, though, looked more like they'd never heard of fashion, and that includes the professors in charge.
Not that the cornrowed guy couldn't be working in one of the labs at Yale, but he'd definitely be a standout.

Thanks for the laugh and fond memories. I love learning and will be a student for life.

No University is safe they just want people to think they are.They set up a false sense of security so parents send their children to these schools and they rake in a fortune but spend very little on actual safety.They are always in the most ghetto like area very high crime this way they do not have high taxes and its all about profits.My daughter went to Seton Hall They had entrance gate where a guard had to lift gate to get in or so I thought , but at other end of campus you just drove in no gate no guard nothing. They had a young woman murdered from Yale in 1998 never caught her killer.They are there to make money they may feel bad but that only lasts till they see if registration of new students are down.If I were her parents and groom to be I would get a very good lawyer and sue the pants off them then just maybe they would improve security measures to protect these young woman and man .

Bolded by me.........that was 11 years ago!
Maybe we should sleuth and see if there is a connection between the 2 murders?????
and other unsolved murders in the area of YALE.......pattern? JMOO

Before the announcement of the body:

" Sunday, September 13, 2009 5:00 p.m. (Four Hours Before the Body Find Press Conference)
Police: Clothes seized in lab are not what Le was wearing
BY PAUL NEEDHAM and ESTHER ZUCKERMAN

The bloody clothes seized from a ceiling at 10 Amistad St. on Saturday are not what Annie Le MED '13 was wearing when she entered that facility Tuesday, a source within the Yale Police Department said today.

The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation, added that the blood on the material could be either human blood or animal blood; many animal experiments are conducted in the research facility, he said, and so officials are currently analyzing the blood to determine its origins.

Aside from this development, it has been a mostly quiet afternoon at 10 Amistad St.'

http://www.yaledailynews.com/crosscampus/

I am hoping it is the suspect's shirt and he may have had her blood on it and hid it there and just had a t-shirt on or something when he walked out. Now they need to re-rack the tape and see if someone had different clothing on when they entered and when they left.

No one would stuff clothing up in a ceiling if the reason was benign.

imo

This is all speculation here only- there is no indication anywhere in the reports that this is even a possibility. I fervently hope it stays that way.
(nurse ducks rotten vegetables).. I am not thinking an autoclave was involved in the commission of the crime... just moo.... if it was involved at all I think it was as an escape hatch (moo again.. yes, I have a sister that is a cow LOL)

Bolded by me.........that was 11 years ago!
Maybe we should sleuth and see if there is a connection between the 2 murders?????
and other unsolved murders in the area of YALE.......pattern? JMOO
in thread one or two I posted the case information

SLIDESHOW: Police find what they believe is the body of Yale graduate student and bride-to-be Annie Le hidden inside the wall of a university building.
http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/us/2009/09/12/yale-graduate-student-disappears

:angel:

I just logged on after our guest's left tonight. My heart sank when reading about Annie. I was really hoping and praying that she would show up safe somehow. Now, only hope that whomever harmed her will be brought to justice.

:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member