CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #5 FOUND DECEASED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I wonder what was in the suspicious package which alerted the person who called it in to the police?

I don't believe it has anything to do with Annie, but it does show someone was taking appropriate precautions. The problem was addressed quickly and could have saved lives.

A nut case off the street is not likely to be the suspect, but a disgruntled former employee could be a possibility. It should have been the second list LE asked for when this case hit high gear into a homicide.

I've been following this case- new to these forums. Like everyone else I've been curious about the identity of the suspect.

I do want to point out that the person mentioned in the other threads(initial Z) is actually a female so she really can't be the suspect. I know this because I read through the dissertations of some of the former lab members and they specifically acknowledged her with the female pronoun.

Therefore I think the whole chain of logic regarding person *advertiser censored* on page 25 of the 3rd or 4th thread originally posted in the comment section of another newspaper site is spurious.

There is however another person with the exact same initials also listed in the Yale directory, however there are no other details regarding this person.

bold is mine

a freakin men!

and welcome to websleuths!!

Since I don't know the actual position of the suspect, it's hard to say. Our animal techs are not listed by name on our website. It lists the veterinarians, facility supervisors, managers only. Those lists on the websites are generally for researchers and students who need help with something. There would be no reason for them to call any of the animal techs. The animal techs take care of the animals, period. You might speak to the tech in your room if you were both there at the same time, but if you actually needed something you would speak to the supervisor. It is very possible the person's name is not on that list at all.

We have a person on duty overnight, but only one for all the facilities. If someone has a problem they call an emergency number and that person will go and help. Animal technicians and building supervisors work 8-4, Some of the managers work until 6 or so, I work til 7-8 very often, and the veterinarians often work quite late. That is small animal- large animal has some differences but I really am not familiar with that.

It just occurred to me- I hope nothing ever happens where I am. Websleuthers will have my name up in lights here before the day is out- LOL.

Thanks. Your response backs up what I just found...that the supervisor has a veterinary building at a different address, on campus maybe? but def a different location than Amistad. I found he has 4 employees underneath him. In what I found last night, though, it's what made me think they had somebody on 8 hour shifts and rotated around the clock. I need to just let this go. I'm tired and need sleep. Hope everyone has a nice night and LabRat thanks so much for your massive input!

LabRat, I found something last night, which is why I am so stuck on this Rodent Services aspect - I found they have shifts of 8 hours and or provide around the clock care if need be. I also found that the supervisor has 4 people that work underneath of him. I will probably take half the day tomorrow trying to find everything now, but I specifically remember that.

One more thing, I thought Amistad was not Bennetts lab. I thought Annie went there to work on her experiments, be it her very own or part of the research teams experiments. So, I wouldn't be referencing a Lab Tech at Bennetts lab...I was referencing a lab tech at the Amistad building. Is it easier to just say the location instead of calling it lab? It seems like "lab" is used so loosely.

And in closing, do you think it could be careful wording by saying "Lab Tech That Works With Animal Testing"? I thought the ground floor of Amistad is where the rodents and animals are housed...at least some of them. I was thinking mice would be kept seperate and contained differently than the primates. I have such an analytical mind and this is flipping killing me. I do think they are using the term lab tech loosely. I'm still searching...not giving up...looking for all lab techs in that area that I can find. I'm trying to find out which lab is directly above the lab Annie was using. Could this person shimmy down (carefully) through the wall? An animal tech person would surely know the ins and outs of that place, just like a lab tech would, considering the length of time and the quiet that surrounds them (if they are housed there like I thought). One would tend to wander and investigae...at least I'd think. Again, thank you for everything.

Let me see if I can get through all your questions.

I will go look at their website again. The supervisor would very likely have more than 4 people under him. Not everyone is listed on our website- only key people- the animal/vet techs not at all. Our small animal techs work one 8 hour shift. Large animal may be different- large animals need more care and attention after surgery for example than rodents do. I am really not so familiar with that as that is not my area.

It is my belief that Annie went to Amistad to work with her mice (I found a video with a reporter confirming that) I also found that Amistad does indeed house animals. Lab is being used very loosely- Bennett's lab is not in Amistad. Amistad was not Annie's lab. The reporters are calling everything a lab.

Yes, mice and primates would be housed seperately. I don't think there would be a need to climb down inside a wall. The animal techs would be able to get into every room in the facility- they need to to be able to do their jobs.

google it and try selecting cache

Thank you very much for that assistance Nursebeeme.:)
I tried to catch up on all the posts in the threads and you all are quite adept with deduction. Makes me feel a bit like a flunkie lol.:banghead:

On another note-
I'm so very sorry Annie that someone felt this was their solution to not being able to have what they wanted.:mad:

Scandi! I :blowkiss: you!

muttley.gif
Whoever thought these little guys would figure out how to get the hostess with the mostest. :Banane22:

Let me see if I can get through all your questions.

I will go look at their website again. The supervisor would very likely have more than 4 people under him. Not everyone is listed on our website- only key people- the animal/vet techs not at all. Our small animal techs work one 8 hour shift. Large animal may be different- large animals need more care and attention after surgery for example than rodents do. I am really not so familiar with that as that is not my area.

It is my belief that Annie went to Amistad to work with her mice (I found a video with a reporter confirming that) I also found that Amistad does indeed house animals. Lab is being used very loosely- Bennett's lab is not in Amistad. Amistad was not Annie's lab. The reporters are calling everything a lab.

Yes, mice and primates would be housed seperately. I don't think there would be a need to climb down inside a wall. The animal techs would be able to get into every room in the facility- they need to to be able to do their jobs.

I checked to see if you responded, and you did, so I logged back on so that I may thank you...again! Bold is mine above...I think one of the reasons Amistad has been referenced as Annie's lab is b/c it's been stated that's where she did her experiments. I thought her lab was at Sterling, but the news reports (including police) have said lab in reference to Amistad. This could be where some confusion sets in. Again, thank you. I'm finally going to sleep...and hopefully I won't dream about any of this!

Sweet dreams everyone. 'Nite.

I think this article does the best job of "humanizing" Annie.

It's well worth the read, IMO

"When those who knew her talk about Annie Le, they do so in superlatives — best student they ever had, most dedicated volunteer, smartest teenager they've ever known.

<snip>

...voted her the female student "Most Likely to be the Next Einstein," according to the class yearbook from 2003, the year she graduated.

<snip>

Teachers who recall her as a top student were so distraught they did not want to talk, said DeVille, who was not at the school during Le's time there but spoke with those who knew her.

<snip>

He said she was class valedictorian, a member of the National Honor Society and knew early on that she wanted a career in medicine.

<snip>

In a yearbook posting, Le said her goal was to become a laboratory pathologist, a career she said would require about 12 years of higher education. She was so dedicated that she spent an hour or two every night applying for scholarships, DeVille said, eventually being awarded more than $160,000.

<snip>

Outside school, Le volunteered at a hospital in a program designed for high school students who want to enter the medical profession. She was named volunteer of the year during her senior year.

She worked alongside doctors at Marshall Medical Center in Placerville to further her interest in pathology, the study of disease, and shared her experiences in her high school science classes.

<snip>

Dr. Gary Martin, director of operations for the hospital's pathology department, said Le was the best student he's ever had in the volunteer program.

He called Le, who was 4-foot-11, "a little stick of dynamite. She was smart, she was vivacious, always cheery, a ton of energy," he recalled.

"It's difficult when you're a supervisor and the student is smarter than you," he said.

Martin said Le also stood out because she was warm and friendly with others. She was brainy but made friends easily and was humble about her accomplishments. Her high school yearbook shows numerous pictures of her with a beaming smile, surrounded by friends.

Thank you very much for that assistance Nursebeeme.:)
I tried to catch up on all the posts in the threads and you all are quite adept with deduction. Makes me feel a bit like a flunkie lol.:banghead:

On another note-
I'm so very sorry Annie that someone felt this was their solution to not being able to have what they wanted.:mad:
no one is a flunkie here amyb! silly! we are all always learning! That is what is the best about websleuths! and welcome to you too!!!! :blowkiss:

I'm going to see if I can dig my trusty old eight ball out of the closet in a minute and see if IT will tell me the name of the person who killed Annie. In keeping with the scheme of things, I expect (if it still has liquid in it) I'll gets "ask again later." And then I'm going to have a window to replace.

Interesting-

Robert Alpern, dean of the Yale School of Medicine, where Le was studying for a Ph.D. in pharmacology, told the Yale Daily News that access to the basement where the body was found is limited to people with Yale magnetic identification cards.

&#8220;I think that it suggests it was someone who could get into that space,&#8221; he told the newspaper. &#8220;It certainly would be extremely difficult for someone from outside of Yale to get into that space. Not impossible, but extremely difficult.&#8221;

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2009/09/14/news/doc4aae5d57ae145175622155.txt

I'm going to see if I can dig my trusty old eight ball out of the closet in a minute and see if IT will tell me the name of the person who killed Annie. In keeping with the scheme of things, I expect (if it still has liquid in it) I'll gets "ask again later." And then I'm going to have a window to replace.
LOL fly! try pouring some Mrs. dash or salt on it.. .that seemed to help a lot around here today!

Hope everyone has a great night! I have to get to bed so I can save half dead people tomorrow.... I truly value and every single one of you here!

Welcome to the newbies! You won't be newbies for long! Jump in with both feet!

Sincere and utter thanks to all the scientists who have posted your brains out on here today trying to explain this culture of research labs that is like a foreign language to most of us!

LOL fly! try pouring some Mrs. dash or salt on it.. .that seemed to help a lot around here today!

Hope everyone has a great night! I have to get to bed so I can save half dead people tomorrow.... I truly value and every single one of you here!

Welcome to the newbies! You won't be newbies for long! Jump in with both feet!

Sincere and utter thanks to all the scientists who have posted your brains out on here today trying to explain this culture of research labs that is like a foreign language to most of us!

Save one for Annie nursebee!!!

Interesting-

Robert Alpern, dean of the Yale School of Medicine, where Le was studying for a Ph.D. in pharmacology, told the Yale Daily News that access to the basement where the body was found is limited to people with Yale magnetic identification cards.

“I think that it suggests it was someone who could get into that space,” he told the newspaper. “It certainly would be extremely difficult for someone from outside of Yale to get into that space. Not impossible, but extremely difficult.”

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2009/09/14/news/doc4aae5d57ae145175622155.txt

Unless the perp forced her down there and made her open the door with her own card...maybe he/she had a gun or knife?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en