CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #7 FOUND DECEASED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be totally wrong but we know the following:
1) Ray and his fiance were self-proclaimed "animal lovers", and working in the animal care part of Yale's research facility may mean that they wanted to ensure the animals' wellbeing
2) Annie dissected cats in high school which is pretty atypical as far as I know, and her research heavily relied on the use of animals (rodents, albeit, but animals nonetheless)

Is it not feasible that Annie asked Ray to provide her with a larger animal, like a cat, and since 95% of animals at Yale are rodents, this would be an unusual request. Having a cat himself, this could have infuriated him and they could have gotten into a scuffle with the fiance encouraging him.

I should put a disclaimer though that I'm a vegan and truly hope this is not true since it would bring a bad name to all of us mentally stable animal lovers out there...

At first I thought winter gloves. But another poster said it looks likes she's got a cast on her right hand. Good guess, as the left hand doesn't look so bulky.

I thought it looked like a glove.. like a utility glove.. one step up from the brown jersey kind but not a canvas type... I also thought she was carrying a wadded up lab coat and I was wrong there so...

Has it been determined what Annie is holding? Initially, I thought she was transporting a cumbersome research book. It's not a cat is it? I noticed there is a high school (I think) pic, in this same photo gallery, of her dissecting a cat, and her research involves animals; though I wouldn't expect her to be freely carrying a lab animal outdoors.

This pic registered on the hinky meter for me as well. Since she left all her belongings behind, it seems she wasn't planning to be away for long. Had she been telephoned from the lab and asked to bring over this particular item as a ploy? Did the girl at the door hand it to her and she is jostling to balance it? Is the girl at the door wearing animal handling gloves?

i cannot see anything but a cat in her hands there - it looks 99.9% like a cat.

1) Ray and his fiance were self-proclaimed "animal lovers", and working in the animal care part of Yale's research facility may mean that they wanted to ensure the animals' wellbeing
2) Annie dissected cats in high school which is pretty atypical as far as I know, and her research heavily relied on the use of animals (rodents, albeit, but animals nonetheless)

Is it not feasible that Annie asked Ray to provide her with a larger animal, like a cat, and since 95% of animals at Yale are rodents, this would be an unusual request. Having a cat himself, this could have infuriated him and they could have gotten into a scuffle with the fiance encouraging him.

I should put a disclaimer though that I'm a vegan and truly hope this is not true since it would bring a bad name to all of us mentally stable animal lovers out there...

No, this is a stretch.

First cat dissection in high school is not atypical.
Second he worked in an animal research facility. If ordering a cat would infuriate him, what he would be seeing on a daily basis would drive him crazy.

Animal research is not pretty. He worked there!

No, this is a stretch.

First cat dissection in high school is not atypical.
Second he worked in an animal research facility. If ordering a cat would infuriate him, what he would be seeing on a daily basis would drive him crazy.

Animal research is not pretty. He worked there!

I think it's undeniable that something did ultimately drive him crazy..

Gosh, I suppose it is possible but wonder why she would need a different kind of animal if she used mice all the time. Even to carrying mice over to Sterling. Do you mean to disect a cat who had eaten a mouse? Ewwwww :eek:

WELCOME Tanya, It is good to have you here ;}

Oh, dear. Annie dissecting a cat in HS would not necessarily be atypical at all- it may have been an AP Bio class, considering her aptitude and interests. Annie was not the only researcher using animals in that facility. Are you making an implication here?

No, it is not feasible that she would ask Ray for a cat. I just don't have the energy or patience to go through it all again, but animal research is very highly regulated and controlled. If the protocol she was working under specified mice, she would not ask for a cat, she would not need a cat, she would never be given a cat, and she would know that. Any change in animal use would require the approval of a new protocol, which would not involve Ray in any way.

She has a point! Look at us, all 7 threads of speculation.... It is kind of too much.

Except after Sunday when the body was found, she could have stopped reading the internet, watching tv and any other media reporting on this case.

~snipped~
~snipped

I really don't think dissecting cats in high school is that atypical. I know myself and many, many other classmates before and after me did in Bio, AP Bio, and anatomy/physiology...in both high school and community college. JMO

Goodnight Friends, My eyes are bulging out and I need a soft feather pillow. lol

I am feeling good tonight as we have learned who this POI is and learned quite a bit of new info. That is progress, inch by inch, even tho we have a long way to go to see Justice for Annie.

I hold my thoughts with her family and loved ones. God Bless them and anyone else tonight who find themselves in a similar situation. I am sure there are many more out there. xox

Hi SuzieQ, I wonder if that is her in pic #9? It looks like the guy resembles Ray, but I could be wrong about that. xox

sorry but doesn't look like him at all to me

In the pic of her going in it looks like she is cradling something heavy (looks cat shaped with the distortion of the photo)-do we know for sure it was a binder? Just doesn't look like how you would hold a heavy binder-mind you she is probably adjusting it to get ready to get through the door

Does anyone think the fire alarm was a diversion, so that Le's body could be moved from one room to another (under the facade of moving animals)?

Does anyone think the fire alarm was a diversion, so that Le's body could be moved from one room to another (under the facade of moving animals)?

Quite possibly
I hear they were quite a common occurrence
And could have been the steam like people were saying
I wonder if she herself could have triggered it in a call for help -do they have the alarm switches in the lab where you break the glass to set them off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PixelP