CT - Della, 15 & Sterling Jette, 16, fatally shot by mom's bf, also killed, Watertown, 3 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Richrd

Ten Year Member
Reaction score
- Double-Murder Suicide -
- Watertown, Connecticut -
- Tuesday, 3 December 2019 -

Deceased:
Della Jette, 15
&
Sterling Jette, 16

Now-Deceased Shooter:
Paul W. Ferguson, 42

1)) Heavy dot Com:
Della Jette & Sterling Jette: Teens Killed in Watertown Shooting | Heavy.com

2)) Google™ Supplements & Updates:
Paul Ferguson - CT - بحث Google

Our Support to All Domestic Violence
Survivors, and Victims.

[Contribution # 6959
Thread # 488946]

"Ferguson moved into the Watertown home with Della and Sterling Jette and their mother, Danielle Jette, about two weeks ago, police said in a statement. Watertown Police Chief John Gavallas said at a press conference that an argument took place before the shootings. Ferguson shot his girlfriend’s children before barricading himself in his bedroom and fatally shooting himself before police arrived, Gavallas said."

Yet ANOTHER boyfriend/annihilator! SMH:mad::(

Last edited:
Those poor children must have been terrified!

“Ferguson shot Sterling Jette when he tried to intervene, Gavallas said. Sterling was shot in the leg. Ferguson then chased Della onto the back deck of the home and shot her in the chest as Della’s mother called 911, according to Gavallas. Ferguson went back into the home and shot Sterling Jette in the chest, police said. He then went into the master bedroom and fatally shot himself in the head. Ferguson was found dead when officers, Gavallas said.”

ELBVSJlXkAA-ykp

ELBVSJRWsAED2ew
ELBVSJRWoAAje_B

@M_GabrielaMo

A heartbreaking story out of #Watertown, a brother and sister shot and killed in a senseless act of violence. This morning the candles at their makeshift memorial are still burning

Statewide Domestic Violence Hotline Launches Amidst Recent Acts of Violence

Christine Holloway, Janet Avalo-Alvarez and Sterling and Della Jette are tragic examples of recent acts of violence against women and families. The trend is all too common in the state of Connecticut and around the country.

[...]

The Connecticut Coalition Against Domestic Violence says that there are 40,000 victims of domestic violence in Connecticut seeking help each year.

Those staggering statistics led to the launch CT Safe Connect in Glastonbury. The statewide domestic violence hotline offers safe, free and confidential services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

[...]

To contact CT Safe Connect you can call or text (888)774-2900 or head to CTSafeConnect.com.

An argument between a Connecticut teenager and her mother’s boyfriend over his smoking in the house turned deadly after the man shot the 15-year-old and her 16-year-old brother on Tuesday night and then killed himself, according to the Watertown Police Department.

Paul W. Ferguson, 42, was pronounced dead at the scene from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, police said in the news release.

Two Connecticut teens killed by mother’s boyfriend after argument over cigarette smoke, police say

This story is unreal. The loss this woman is feeling... her babies are gone, hurt by who she let into their home. Both her partners fatally shot themselves in the same house just three years apart? What a terrifying situation, it’s all just so much loss I can’t even fathom

“according to police, 41-year-old Danielle Jette has been charged with criminally negligent storage of a firearm, risk of injury to a minor and criminal liability for the acts of another/criminal possession of a firearm.”

Mother of 2 teens shot dead by her boyfriend is arrested over the weapon used in the murder-suicide | Daily Mail Online

Mother of Teens Killed in Apparent Murder-Suicide in Watertown Arrested

I am not sure how justice will be served by punishing this woman for her boyfriend’s crimes.

Last edited:
“according to police, 41-year-old Danielle Jette has been charged with criminally negligent storage of a firearm, risk of injury to a minor and criminal liability for the acts of another/criminal possession of a firearm.”

Mother of 2 teens shot dead by her boyfriend is arrested over the weapon used in the murder-suicide | Daily Mail Online

I am not sure how justice will be served by punishing this woman for her boyfriend’s crimes.
He got the gun out of the safe, other than it may have been unlocked, or he may have found the key/combo, how is this her fault? What are they hoping to accomplish? Is there more here than they’re saying?

“Ferguson then went to the bedroom, came back with a Glock handgun that was kept in a safe and shot Sterling in the leg when he tried to intercede, police said.”

That is Connecticut for you!

I'm from CT originally, this sort of "family arrangement" is far more common in that state (in fact I have a few in my extended family, one which died back in 1995 quite young, age 40's).

Like my dear late mother used to tell me, single parents who have children need to stop worrying about having a new boyfriend or girlfriend or new spouse, and learn to put their children first.

It's even worse when a single parent remarries and leaves the kids from the first marriage out of the will.

It's mind boggling to say the very least.

The original articles stated the boyfriend was a felon prohibited from possessing firearms. You aren’t allowed to have guns in the house (even if they belong to someone else) if you are barred by federal law from owning or possessing guns due to a previous conviction. It even applies to misdemeanor domestic violence. The federal law is 18 USC 922 and it lists the federal gun transfer and ownership rules.

"Ferguson moved into the Watertown home with Della and Sterling Jette and their mother, Danielle Jette, about two weeks ago, police said in a statement. Watertown Police Chief John Gavallas said at a press conference that an argument took place before the shootings. Ferguson shot his girlfriend’s children before barricading himself in his bedroom and fatally shooting himself before police arrived, Gavallas said."

Yet ANOTHER boyfriend/annihilator! SMH:mad::(

WTH good did shooting those girls do him? Was he drugged-up on something? Just plain angry? Did he simply want to hurt Danielle Jette as much as possible? (Not looking for an answer here, of course...)
This poor woman, now having to live with her decision to let Ferguson move in with them. And her arrest -- did she know he was a felon -- and somehow he knew where that firearm was kept. Was it registered to Danielle?
Seems that this type of terror and just plain mean-ness never stops. And the poor LEO's walking into that situation with nothing left to do except to perform their examination, to probably try to calm her as best they could, and to write it up, and arrange to get the bodies out the door. SMH. (No blame on the LEOs implied here whatsoever.)
Just sad all over.

The original articles stated the boyfriend was a felon prohibited from possessing firearms. You aren’t allowed to have guns in the house (even if they belong to someone else) if you are barred by federal law from owning or possessing guns due to a previous conviction. It even applies to misdemeanor domestic violence. The federal law is 18 USC 922 and it lists the federal gun transfer and ownership rules.
Okay, that makes sense and that is a great law to have. However, here is the kicker, for me anyway. Why is it her responsibility to remove the guns to prevent his violence? It is as if this victim shaming/blaming, pushing punishment for his behavior onto her. Perhaps she had no idea that the guns were not allowed to be in his presence. Perhaps the gun safe was locked and not in plain sight, like tucked away in a closet behind other things, thus forgotten or not frequently thought about.

I am not defending her for bringing a criminal into their lives. She most certainly did that with horrifying results. However, I just wonder if she recognized the scope of the law.

I actually had no idea this was a law/rule years ago. There is an offender in my family and I had to drive him somewhere one day. Unbeknownst to me, there was a big hunting knife in the vehicle we were using. It was months later when the vehicle was being cleaned out that it was found. So had we been pulled over, then he would have been arrested but I could have been charged? It seems like an innocent scenario could pull someone into a situation they would have never otherwise put themselves in. JMO

Okay, that makes sense and that is a great law to have. However, here is the kicker, for me anyway. Why is it her responsibility to remove the guns to prevent his violence? It is as if this victim shaming/blaming, pushing punishment for his behavior onto her. Perhaps she had no idea that the guns were not allowed to be in his presence. Perhaps the gun safe was locked and not in plain sight, like tucked away in a closet behind other things, thus forgotten or not frequently thought about.

I am not defending her for bringing a criminal into their lives. She most certainly did that with horrifying results. However, I just wonder if she recognized the scope of the law.

I actually had no idea this was a law/rule years ago. There is an offender in my family and I had to drive him somewhere one day. Unbeknownst to me, there was a big hunting knife in the vehicle we were using. It was months later when the vehicle was being cleaned out that it was found. So had we been pulled over, then he would have been arrested but I could have been charged? It seems like an innocent scenario could pull someone into a situation they would have never otherwise put themselves in. JMO

I think this law is meant to prevent situations like this one. If you are going to welcome a violent felon into your home, you must ensure there are no guns available or you both are violating the law.

With everything, there’s prosecutorial discretion. In your case, it wasn’t a gun and you didn’t knowingly bring it into the vehicle so I’m sure you would not have been responsible. But part of being a gun owner is knowing the rules.

I think this situation is hard. Parents have a responsibility to keep their children safe. If not, who is responsible? Who’s protecting the kids?

Here, I would be more sympathetic if this was a long term relationship and the guy out-of-nowhere snapped. But within 2 weeks of bringing home a felon he attacks your kids? With the gun you gave him access to? It is a tough call. I think there must be more to the story since I totally see how this LOOKS mean and cruel and unnecessary.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back