CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if they were all unanimous I could see where they may wait an hour or so before announcing.
I am only guessing also. But I would think they would spend a few minutes getting to know one another and being glad testimony is all over and then taking a quick vote to see where they all stand. Then I could imagine them making a few jokes about JS and his lawyering skills. I don’t think there would be a verdict, even a fast one before tomorrow.

Wondering the same. Thinking back to the OJ and Casey Anthony debacles. Seemed like they lived in the courtroom.
IDK, this jury has been here a long time. Think they want to do their job and go home. They have to choose foreperson too. And they will be sitting with piles of boxes. But, its a lot and my prayers are with them.

Wondering the same. Thinking back to the OJ and Casey Anthony debacles. Seemed like they lived in the courtroom.
Jurors were sequestered in both of those trials. That is why I am against sequestered juries. If they learn more information from the outside, so be it. I do not believe every juror takes that oath to heart. Maybe I am wrong and I sure don’t believe they would admit it, nor would i ask them.

If they stayed late to get to verdict I would think they would do so because they want to be done. And since they have borne the burden of sitting there for 6 weeks, not able to speak about the case, not able to be on social media, I would think the parties and Judge would find away to come back.

::Conjuring image of this dapper Judge in a paisley, monogrammed smoking jacket and coordinating slippers::

If they stayed late to get to verdict I would think they would do so because they want to be done. And since they have borne the burden of sitting there for 6 weeks, not able to speak about the case, not able to be on social media, I would think the parties and Judge would find away to come back.

::Conjuring image of this dapper Judge in a paisley, monogrammed smoking jacket and coordinating slippers::
So, you are saying Judge would ok them working late and bringing in dinner? But, I thought defence atty folks think quick turnaround from jury means acquittal?

In your experience have you ever seen this happen?

So, you are saying Judge would ok them working late and bringing in dinner? But, I thought defence atty folks think quick turnaround from jury means acquittal?
I think it’s within the judge’s discretion. In Murdaugh the jury was asked if they wanted dinner because they were working late, and they said No. and then all of a sudden jury verdict. Just speculation and having tea!

I'd be upset that my notes would be destroyed. Hopefully they were all told in the beginning.
Relinquishing the notes probably prevents the use on them in a future book or interview or some other use detrimental to the court process.

Can cell phones be brought into the deliberation room in CT? I haven't heard anything about the use of phones outside of the courtroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx