GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say today's questions don't bode well for the defense.

I did find the Judge's explanation outside the jury confusing and circular.

Let me explain analogously.

Years ago I met a man from Africa. Not sure if it was unique to him or universal, a translation confusion-- but, after I would ask him a question, he'd respond. Like this:

Me: would you like me to x?
Him: yes, I would like you to, no.
I never knew which he meant!

Judge, same. In the first part it sounded Ike you have to physically touch a thing to be charged with tampering and then later, only be party to it.

I was just relieved that his last words to the jury will be the ones likely to stick their landing -- you don't have to touch it.

Now, however, I think I understand the charges better: they're attached to specific events.

Tampering: she touched the keys, in an attempt to keep PG from them. Guilty of tampering.

Conspiracy to tampering: FD mailed the license plates to the city of sewer. MT was an accessory. Whether she touched them directly or not. Guilty of conspiracy to tampering.

JMO
I sensed that Judge was thinking out loud and was trying to figure out how specific to be to the jury while still answering their question. Tricky balance. Its facinating to see this play out live. So glad its being streamed.

MOO

I just had a thought.

We do think MT touched the mailer. To hand it to FD.

I think she thought it might've had her fingerprints on it iirc.

Then there's the choreographed dive for her gumsticky fingers...

What if that was a half truth?

What if there WAS something on her fingers, more odious than sidewalk filth?

There was very little DNA on anything these two touched. Might they have employed counter measures????

I don't know what but like, say, petroleum jelly. If she lubed up her fingers to prevent transfer of DNA and/or fingerprints, she would want to wipe that off. On a hard surface not within the vehicle itself.

Now I want to send that mailer back for more testing! But of course it was recovered from a churning cesspool of liquid. So many layers of tampering!

MOO

I sensed that Judge was thinking out loud and was trying to figure out how specific to be to the jury while still answering their question. Tricky balance. Its facinating to see this play out live. So glad its being streamed.
He also has to make sure he is answering very specifically within the statute and language of the law. If he misspeaks, it opens the door for appeals/mistrial, etc etc.

M infotainment system has been recalled.

Now your telling me that my beds STILL won't make themselves when that's resolved?

----------

That aside, I don't see this as a generational thing. Attitudes to murder and its cover-up are not evolving IMO. One thing that is is an expectation of privacy- younger people might be wondering where the rest of the digital info is. But other than that- I don't see generation impacting deliberation.

MOO
I just had an updated version (which they suggested). I thought it was free and they charged me $300+! So stupid of me. I don't even understand what I had from the start.
Appreciate generational impact/non-impact in deliberation.

No. It isn’t evidence. It’s all on them now insofar as marshalling the evidence. Even if it were a possibility - they would have to play both sides. Right? Would you suffer through the Horn, just to get to the 59 Coincidences?
One question.
Are they able to view the 3 Interviews in the deliberation room?
This is a hard one.

If the Jury wants testimony read back or replayed, it has to be in open court with defendant and counsel present. Usually has to be the entire testimony, direct and cross. How it is handled procedurally, if at all, is in Judge’s discretion. Most states have a Jury Instruction that accompanies the read back.

Now - the tapes weren’t testimony. They were exhibits - admitted in full. It was not MT on the stand under oath subject to cross. So I think yes - they can have them.

How are we feeling about verdict by end of day today? My bet of by 3pm EST is cutting it close!!!! lol
Don't see it. Much to complicated and the top charge will take time imo. But, perhaps they took a day 1 vote and are done with conspiracy? Who knows? Jury's and horse races have much in common imo!
MOO

As far as a replay of Closing Arguments - it’s not usually granted by the Judge because it’s not evidence. The Court has discretion, and there are cases where such a request was granted. But this is high risk for successful appeals, so a court would only allow under compelling circumstances IMO.

I think I saw an SOS earlier … how may I be of assistance this fine day of thumb twiddling?
@lucegirl you got the SOS and answered it...it was the closing statements as evidence. I thought they weren't evidence but I'm not an atty so didn't want anyone misled which was the reason for the SOS. Did you see the last jury note? Interesting and solid question imo. Facinating to watch this process play out live.

Ive fired up my new rocketship iPad so am almost done with Horn closing. How did you make it through last 10 min? its all over the place and so hard to get through...I've slowed down but am still struggling with it. I haven't had a single complete sentence in 30 mins of closing....any suggestions as I'd like to get this done while I can so if folks want to review it they can...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay