GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know the answer to all of your questions, though there were at least 5 Marshall’s in the courtroom everyday throughout the trial. Once they knew there was a verdict, it was clear to me that the doubled the usual amount
One time I heard a defense attorney say she always knows when her client is going to be convicted by the number of LE in the room when they are called back for a verdict. It makes sense that LE would be alerted to a guilty verdict so they can beef up security in case a defendant goes crazy

It would be highly ironic if KM pleas and gets a shorter sentence and had been more hands on in the conspiracy.
MT would be the one who stood behind her man and got sc@@@ed by virtue of trying to protect FD with the alibi script. There is a hubris that she exhibits as she seemed to think that she was smarter than a bevy of detectives. Continually hedging her words and bets.

I hope km spills on where Jennifer is for some sort of deal. I hope one day Jennifer's family can finally lay her to rest. Those super5 deserve that much jmoo

I apologize that I am a little early!

Here’s to Jennifer Farber and may her light continue to shine in her beautiful children.

Cheers to today’s verdict and justice served.

Cheers to all those that made it happen! It took more than a village.

Cheers to all of you and let’s stick together for KM’s case.

Thank you all! Bottoms up!!!!
Slainte!

I noticed JS asked MT for her watch and electronics right before she was cuffed. Also, anyone else notice that when MT’s father listed all of those he “forgave” the mom shook her head no when he said he forgave the prosecutors?

Just watching Lawyer Lee recap - and she added an interesting point to the Surety Bond issue.

I explained earlier that the Bondsman operates under an agreement with a Surety who underwrites the entire bail amount (minus 7-10% fee born by the bond seeker) of the financial assurance to the Court.

This is all State regulated. Bondsmen must be licensed to transact business at the Court and held to certain standards. The Sureties are subject to financial regulations (including exposure to fraud torts for running afoul is said regulations). In other words - if you are unfortunate enough to be a consumer of a significant Surety Bond - well the State has you covered if you get scammed.

So - according to Lawyer Lee - the MT Family Bondsman did not have enough security with their Surety to cover $6M. This is not surprising because it’s not on the regular to see a $6M bail. Think of it like “credit” - the Bondsman and Surety have a pre-existing business agreement, and there is an umbrella of $X amount pre approved for the Bondsman to work with where X is NOT $6M, and not even close.

So - securing the bond is going to take even more time. It could be the burden falls to the family to pay a higher than usual non refundable fee in order to cause the Surety to assume the excess risk posed by a $6M and/or other terms - but MT being bonded out is not going to be routine.

It would be highly ironic if KM pleas and gets a shorter sentence and had been more hands on in the conspiracy.
MT would be the one who stood behind her man and got sc@@@ed by virtue of trying to protect FD with the alibi script. There is a hubris that she exhibits as she seemed to think that she was smarter than a bevy of detectives. Continually hedging her words and bets.
Yes, and she did a little too much gambling, she doubled down on her lies and lost.

Notice how her family and friends never even utter Fotis’ name. Nope, they know that his family knows too much and wouldn’t dare. Just like KM.

Two criminals down, one to go.
Moo

Last edited:
Oh my! Would that not be a kicker?
WHY?

Is this worth listening to?
I'm sorry but her voice grates on me along with all her thank yous.
MOO
No, don't think this one imo is worth a listen. She was expecting a split verdict and was surprised to see conviction on all 6 counts. The questions asked and answered weren't all that interesting either imo. Check out @lucegirl last post for their take on Lawyer Lee tonight as they also updated with Lawyer Lee comment explaining the bond in a bit more depth. IMO save your time as I think the @lucegirl post above cover the most impt info from the podcast. MOO

One time I heard a defense attorney say she always knows when her client is going to be convicted by the number of LE in the room when they are called back for a verdict. It makes sense that LE would be alerted to a guilty verdict so they can beef up security in case a defendant goes crazy
Frightening, but I guess they have to be prepared for crazed family members in denial. I was surprised they hand cuffed and chained her though. I wonder if the Horn prepared her for that possibility.

IMO, they must have moved the date to the 21st to give the newly chosen poor sap attorney time to organize something of a defense for her. JS blurted out a name while on the court steps today post verdict, but I missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd