GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge Alex V. Hernandez will preside over the hearing. Judge Randolph and Troconis' attorneys, Felsen and Schoenhorn, have recused themselves from the hearing. The attorneys said it would be “inappropriate” for them to represent Troconis, who has hired attorney Robert Frost for the proceeding.
State statute indicates that if a judge finds her in contempt, she could be fined up to $100, face up to six months in custody or both.

IMO, they must have moved the date to the 21st to give the newly chosen poor sap attorney time to organize something of a defense for her. JS blurted out a name while on the court steps today post verdict, but I missed it.
Attorney Frost
Link:

Judge Alex V. Hernandez will preside over the hearing. Judge Randolph and Troconis' attorneys, Felsen and Schoenhorn, have recused themselves from the hearing. The attorneys said it would be “inappropriate” for them to represent Troconis, who has hired attorney Robert Frost for the proceeding.
State statute indicates that if a judge finds her in contempt, she could be fined up to $100, face up to six months in custody or both.

Do we know if Jon Schoenhorn and Audrey Felsen were included in the investigation of the discredited report and do we know if they received Summons themselves to appear or be charged with Contempt?

Only person on the Defence team that claimed to have discredited full report was Schoenhorn. Per usual Audrey Felsen was vague and only claimed at trial to have seen 4 pages of the report.

I have to say I find this entire situation disturbing as MT could very well have gotten the report in digital form from one of her attorneys,

Also, will the State do anything to retrieve the copy of the report that Schoenhorn has in his possession as its a sealed document and has very specific requirements as imposed by Judge Heller.

Honestly I think if the States Attorneys send someone from CSP to Schoenhorns office to pick up the MT Venezuela passport they should also pick up the discredited report and either return it to Judge Heller or simply shred it.

The idea of unsecured full copies of reports is something that in the case of this particular document make me very uncomfortable on behalf of the Victims.

MOO

Is the 21st just for MT contempt hearing? Does anyone know if there are any others facing contempt charges at this point?
Nope, no clue if the lawyers are part of the contempt. I think they should be at a minimum fully investigated by CSP and State for the fact that their client did this on their watch.
MOO

I found that YouTube’s “true crime rocket science” (or “tcrs”) covered this trial. I found him during the Watts case and love him. I haven’t heard his verdict segment…just caught a small part, but he clearly feels like we do, and really is like no other podcaster. Maybe y’all might find him interesting too.
SO HAPPY!
moo

I am fast for my soft, warm bed --

But something struck me just now. MT is getting credit in the media for sobbing in court. There was no sobbing. Hunched over. One photo, I questioned if there wasn't a touch of duper's delight.

Convict #whatever is playing her family! She has used them for five years to spread nicey nice, and now she's acting the part of a poor, crushed soul. So they feel sorry for her. So they put up more money so she can do as she's always done -- stay for free in someone else's house -- hairbnb paid for by daddy -- and can send her minions to bring her lattes and croissants. That's what that display was for. The getmepoutofhere act.

I hope her family gets it right. For once. Tough love. Leave her be. She is where she deserves to be.

You think she'd care if $420k was spent to spring her thongy bum? Think she'd care if it was taken out of her daughter's mouth, future, security? I think MT is a planet of one.

I hope they could get her out, they just don't.

Let her live with what she did. Behind bars.

For good.

JMO

I found that YouTube’s “true crime rocket science” (or “tcrs”) covered this trial. I found him during the Watts case and love him. I haven’t heard his verdict segment…just caught a small part, but he clearly feels like we do, and really is like no other podcaster. Maybe y’all might find him interesting too.
SO HAPPY!
moo
Thanks for recommendation.

I'll take months for 6, Alex.

Starting whatever day she posts bail, if that -- God forbid -- happens.

This is real, Dolly.

Game's up.

JMO

I am fast for my soft, warm bed --

But something struck me just now. MT is getting credit in the media for sobbing in court. There was no sobbing. Hunched over. One photo, I questioned if there wasn't a touch of duper's delight.

Convict #whatever is playing her family! She has used them for five years to spread nicey nice, and now she's acting the part of a poor, crushed soul. So they feel sorry for her. So they put up more money so she can do as she's always done -- stay for free in someone else's house -- hairbnb paid for by daddy -- and can send her minions to bring her lattes and croissants. That's what that display was for. The getmepoutofhere act.

I hope her family gets it right. For once. Tough love. Leave her be. She is where she deserves to be.

You think she'd care if $420k was spent to spring her thongy bum? Think she'd care if it was taken out of her daughter's mouth, future, security? I think MT is a planet of one.

I hope they could get her out, they just don't.

Let her live with what she did. Behind bars.

For good.

JMO
Hard to disagree with any of this.

But, what I'm not understanding about this bond situation is that if it can be paid for, that the $420,000 is simply a fee for the bond and is non refundable.

But, what period does this bond cover?

Does this bond just cover from when its issued until sentencing on May 31st or does it cover her until the appeal is heard and decided which could be a few years? Wouldn't it make sense to go to jail sooner rather than later to at least get some credit for time served as it seems unlikely the entire conviction of all 6 counts will be overturned.

I think what confused me is that at the Sentencing Hearing it sounded like there was another possibility for bond (is this a new bond and the old bond goes away?) but it also sounded like at Sentencing Judge R could revoke bond and remand her to prison.

I thought I understood this but I obviously don't.

Will send an SOS to @lucegirl who is probably sipping a well deserved glass of wine after a very long week.

I'm simply too tired to think of this anymore today but will check in tomorrow.

MOO

Question - news outlets were reporting 'verdict reached' before the live was back up & Judge R read the note on the record. It 'appeared' as though he was reading it for the first time with the crinkling. Does the Court Marshal who was originally passed the note give a brief 'gist' of the content to the Judge/Attorneys beforehand? To allow time for everyone/the correct parties to get back? How did we know it wasn't another question, or a hung jury? By the time the cameras were back on we already have 5 plus Court Marshals in view suggesting they knew there would be a verdict or mistrial vs. a question. Just curious about the process if anyone is aware
EXCELLENT Question!

Question - news outlets were reporting 'verdict reached' before the live was back up & Judge R read the note on the record. It 'appeared' as though he was reading it for the first time with the crinkling. Does the Court Marshal who was originally passed the note give a brief 'gist' of the content to the Judge/Attorneys beforehand? To allow time for everyone/the correct parties to get back? How did we know it wasn't another question, or a hung jury? By the time the cameras were back on we already have 5 plus Court Marshals in view suggesting they knew there would be a verdict or mistrial vs. a question. Just curious about the process if anyone is aware
I thought the Judge was supposed to be first person to read any note from Jury?

Is this incorrect and note is first read by Court Marshall before being given to Judge R?
MOO

I can't remember who gave the advice that you could sign up for Verdict alerts from L&C but thank you!! Worked perfectly.
I thought I signed up for google alerts. Never heard a thing. It was when I saw an email from “Patch” (which happens to be where Jennifer Farber posted her blog), that I saw the verdict! It’s 9:42 PM and I am still not caught up with postings. After almost 5 years of following this case here, I am SOO grateful for this jury and prosecutors! I really was feeling awful last evening - I was so doubtful at what I thought was the right verdict. Please jury, accept my apologies!

I thought the Judge was supposed to be first person to read any note from Jury?

Is this incorrect and note is first read by Court Marshall before being given to Judge R?
MOO
Total guess but marshals secure the courtroom. I would imagine they are told by the foreman the nature of the request. Question. Verdict. Maybe something that distinguishes between gridlock and unanimous verdict. That would give security time to prepare the courtroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd