GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #68

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking out loud -

My guess MT is looking at a minimum 20 years in jail.
If I am in her shoes I know for a FACT nobody is coming to save me.
They all told MT no problem you will not be convicted - no worries starting with Fotis, Momma T. Pappa etc.
Her best bet I think is now to come clean. They cannot charge her with anything else correct?
Remember the Dave Altimari tweet (below) and article in the Courant when Kent allegedly said that he was asked to be part of the alibi by Fotis and Michelle the day before the murder?
I honestly think that MT knows enough about Kent's involvement to sink his a--.
I think she could leverage that info for a nice low security prison in a more suitable location for her than East Lyme CT etc. I don't know if MT has it in her bc I don't see her as the most intellectual, street smart yes, but she has some tea to spill and I think it could improve her position and sentence.
In one of her infamous three interviews she mentions how she is not very fond of Kent - so bury him and lets get closer to finding what happened to the body of JFD.
Just my two cents

Dave Altimari
@davealtimari
An updated version; Kent Mawhinney has told state police that Fotis Dulos and Michelle Troconis told him the day before Jennifer Farber Dulos disappeared that they were going to kill her and that they wanted him to be part of their alibi.

Last edited:
I went back and listened to the exact words of JS after the prosecutor requested her bail be revoked.

He stated: "As far as I know, Connecticut does not have a no-bond rule until sentences and appeal so that would not even be within the purview of the court..."

I suppose the "as far as I know" was his attachment to the lie - that surely this seasoned judge would know without research.
Okay - I’ll take this one on one more time.

In CT, a defendant is entitled to bail pre-trial (which can be revoked if a defendant violates it). It’s not discretionary.

After a guilty verdict and before sentencing, and/or on appeal from the verdict, bail is discretionary.

He appears to be in artfully saying “the State’s request is not supportable under CT law because there is nothing in the law that says she can’t have bail before sentencing (aka the ear splitting “a no-bond rule” word salad).

Well that is true - the law doesn’t say she can’t have bail. So that isn’t an untruth.

But via slight of the hand he tries to imply that the coralary is also true - she is entitled to bail before sentencing if the law doesn’t prohibited it out right. And he doesn’t actually say this part out loud.

But the common law (Judge made) is very clear that whether or not to grant bail before sentencing or pending appeal is within the judge’s discretion. So the absence of a “no-bond rule” is a red herring because she may get bail, or she may not.

He adds on the bit about “not within the purview of this court” which gets closer to saying the false equivalent out loud. Ugh just typing this is hurting my brain.

Ultimately his argument is moot because the Judge granted bail (not because he had to but because he could).

I think CL will probably give a victim impact statement at MT’s sentencing. She has probably already started working on it. Who else do you think may?

Do you think anyone on MT’s side will speak (if allowed)? Who would you guess?
The Troconis family is really dramatic - I’m thinking a chorus of sisters, mama kneeling on rice praying and Papi just wiping a tear.

Says it all!
It doesn’t say how many are allowed. Here is the information for victim impact statements in CT.

Oh, my! The bullet point “change in your life as a result of the crime” and the following bullet point “your opinion as to the appropriate sentence….” I could submit a statement because of how much time, tears and research I have done in this case since 2019! Never mind the tears! In reality, I have no attachment to this compared to Jennifer’s family. They are who matters! Jennifer’s memory is what matters! The health and well being of Jennifer’s children, family and friends is what matters! Thank you so much, fellow websluthers for keeping Jennifer’s story alive and true! Thank you law enforcement in New Canaan , Farmington and Hartford! Thank you jury! I’m sure Jennifer would be in awe, though I know she would have done the same for others! Here’s lifting my glass of Diet Coke to an AMAZING Mom - who fought with her life - and lost her life - for her Family. God Bless!

Thinking out loud -

They all told MT no problem you will not be convicted - no worries starting with Fotis, Momma T. Pappa etc.
Her best bet I think is now to come clean. They cannot charge her with anything else correct?
Remember the Dave Altimari tweet (below) and article in the Courant when Kent allegedly said that he was asked to be part of the alibi by Fotis and Michelle the day before the murder?
I think she could leverage that info for a nice low security prison in a more suitable location for her than East Lyme CT etc. I don't know if MT has it in her bc I don't see her as the most intellectual, street smart yes, but she has some tea to spill and I think it could improve her position and sentence.
In one of her infamous three interviews she mentions how she is not very fond of Kent - so bury him and lets get closer to finding what happened to the body of JFD.
Just my two cents

Dave Altimari
@davealtimari
An updated version; Kent Mawhinney has told state police that Fotis Dulos and Michelle Troconis told him the day before Jennifer Farber Dulos disappeared that they were going to kill her and that they wanted him to be part of their alibi.

When did FD tell MT “no problem you will not be convicted”?

During this trial, I was also engaged in watching the trial of Adam Montgomery. Similar cases involving murder and cover-up by accomplices.

IMO, MT made the most critical mistake of NOT TAKING A PLEA DEAL. MT chose to keep the truth hidden, stand by and "stick with the plan", and rolled the dice on the 'No body, no perp, no case' deal after FD offed himself.

Kayla Montgomery..in the other case, chose to work out a Plea Deal. She testified on the stand against her husband. She told the horrific truth, including self incrimination... while wearing Orange. She is soon to be out of prison for her horrendous part in the murder. Her reputation is forever tainted, but she will be free .

Michi ( and family ) didn't think this through. And it cost her.

MOO

He adds on the bit about “not within the purview of this court” which gets closer to saying the false equivalent out loud. Ugh just typing this is hurting my brain.

Ultimately his argument is moot because the Judge granted bail (not because he had to but because he could).
I appreciate your patience with us in unraveling this word salad of an argument by JS!

Somehow I'm thinking it won't be JS. IMO, he's lucky to still be walking. Mama T. may feel he was ineffective and done let her beloved, innocent daughter down.If I were him I'd fade into the background, right quick.
I wonder if the appeal will be handled by Atty Frost who is dealing with the Contempt hearing. If you look at his CV, he seems to have appellate and supreme court experience in CT.

When did FD tell MT “no problem you will not be convicted”?

As mentioned I was thinking out loud - a bit of consciousness streaming lol - sorry to confuse you
Listen to her interviews - she constantly tells LE - Fotis says there is nothing to worry about - everything will be fine -

She never used the words that Fotis told me I would not be convicted but put two and two together - He told her there was nothing to worry abut it was going to blow over. ( ie - no arrest no convction)

She then got arressted. And now convicted.
I think Shoe told her he was getting her off - also her family - I mean look at all their reactions to the verdict.
She is almost fifty years old - maybe its a good time for her to start thinking about her own future and not leave it to others.

JMO

Thinking out loud -

Just my two cents

Dave Altimari
@davealtimari

Perhaps this will be a good opportunity to learn whether or not MT listens to her attorney, JLS, to remain silent-- while he's filing Motions for a new trial and petitioning the appellate court.

Depending on what she can truly offer up on KM, I hope she shows up (with her Spanish interpreter) ready for proffer!

Thinking out loud -

Just my two cents

Dave Altimari
@davealtimari
I miss Dave Altimari and the information he would share.

I remember his last tweet as he was leaving the Courant.

In CT, a defendant is entitled to bail pre-trial (which can be revoked if a defendant violates it). It’s not discretionary.

After a guilty verdict and before sentencing, and/or on appeal from the verdict, bail is discretionary.

He appears to be in artfully saying “the State’s request is not supportable under CT law because there is nothing in the law that says she can’t have bail before sentencing (aka the ear splitting “a no-bond rule” word salad).

Well that is true - the law doesn’t say she can’t have bail. So that isn’t an untruth.

But via slight of the hand he tries to imply that the coralary is also true - she is entitled to bail before sentencing if the law doesn’t prohibited it out right. And he doesn’t actually say this part out loud.

But the common law (Judge made) is very clear that whether or not to grant bail before sentencing or pending appeal is within the judge’s discretion. So the absence of a “no-bond rule” is a red herring because she may get bail, or she may not.

So many red herrings….
So many word salads….
Simply exhausting but thanks for sorting this out as I couldn’t twist my feeble brain around his argument.
I think Judge R wanted to simply tell him to sit down!
Moo

Perhaps this will be a good opportunity to learn whether or not MT listens to her attorney, JLS, to remain silent-- while he's filing Motions for a new trial and petitioning the appellate court.

Depending on what she can truly offer up on KM, I hope she shows up (with her Spanish interpreter) ready for proffer!
It’s unclear whether Horn will be her attorney going forward as his last press stmt was vague on the issue imo.

MT had a new attorney attorney frost for the contempt charge. Nobody knows if he is a one off engagement for the contempt hearing or whether he will handle appeal.

Stay tuned.
Moo

During this trial, I was also engaged in watching the trial of Adam Montgomery. Similar cases involving murder and cover-up by accomplices.

IMO, MT made the most critical mistake of NOT TAKING A PLEA DEAL. MT chose to keep the truth hidden, stand by and "stick with the plan", and rolled the dice on the 'No body, no perp, no case' deal after FD offed himself.

Kayla Montgomery..in the other case, chose to work out a Plea Deal. She testified on the stand against her husband. She told the horrific truth, including self incrimination... while wearing Orange. She is soon to be out of prison for her horrendous part in the murder. Her reputation is forever tainted, but she will be free .

Michi ( and family ) didn't think this through. And it cost her.

MOO
….and both were no body recovered before trial, but fortunately both trials both of the defendants were convicted.

Agree though, MT should have stayed with Bowman, told the truth and got some kind of deal.

As mentioned I was thinking out loud - a bit of consciousness streaming lol - sorry to confuse you
Listen to her interviews - she constantly tells LE - Fotis says there is nothing to worry about - everything will be fine -

She never used the words that Fotis told me I would not be convicted but put two and two together - He told her there was nothing to worry abut it was going to blow over. ( ie - no arrest no convction)

She then got arressted. And now convicted.
I think Shoe told her he was getting her off - also her family - I mean look at all their reactions to the verdict.
She is almost fifty years old - maybe its a good time for her to start thinking about her own future and not leave it to others.

JMO

Right and they really did think she was going to win. Her demeanour when she walked in the morning of the verdict was that of assurance. It was different from her daily tension throughout. She appeared almost lighthearted as did her family.

It looked like she thought she just had to bite the bullet and plow through the trial and when it was over it would all be resolved. ‘Oh good I made it. I dutifully met the judicial expectations and the worst is behind me’ kinda thing.

Still Pondering and processing the verdict. Lindy Orso and other prominent Defense Attorneys shocked by the verdict stated they did not believe the Prosecution was convincing enough to eliminate unreasonable doubt. I wholeheartedly believe they were. Michelle could have smelled a rat during the early morning of May 24, let alone later in the day, grabbed her daughter and gotten far away from Fotis. She could have reached out and told police something suspicious is going on with my live in boyfriend and now it is reported his ex wife and mother of 5 children is missing. No, she was completely devoted to sticking by Fotis physically and psychologically in those early days. Even declined attending her daughter’s school play on evening of 5/24 after the Hartford garbage drop and Starbucks fake out.
I never doubted there would be a guilty verdict on all counts as the States’s evidence and witness testimonies were so factually impeccable. I do truly honor this jury for their intense intelligence, strength, patience and perseverance fighting through these long weeks of the trial for the truth. The strong, confident voices of their foreman and each of the other 5 jurors when polled saying “Guilty” was powerful, impactful and will stick with me forever. I do believe MT strode into court arrogantly that morning trusting her attorneys who assured her “We’ve got this!” #justiceforjennifer

That's unheard of here (I'm in Georgia.) EVERYONE has security cameras, even houses in the $100-150,000 range. I'm outside of ATL and even Amazon deliveries are not safe without surveillance cameras.
I thought there was a security system, but it was off. I have to go back to the beginning of thread where we discussed this a lot…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michavery