GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Red is 5, orange is 4. Those in protective custody wear yellow.
I personally haven’t seen black and white here in CT ever. Now back in the 70s down south on the chain gangs for sure!!
Black and white stripes apparently still alive and well in Austin, Texas, just last year, IIRC. (Photo of Kaitlin Armstrong in court, Austin Texas.

1710475650415.png)

Black and white stripes apparently still alive and well in Austin, Texas, just last year, IIRC. (Photo of Kaitlin Armstrong in court, Austin Texas.

View attachment 490609)
There ya go! Now that’s stylin’! Even this lady here, she kills her boyfriend’s ex and now her life is over too. What an idiot!

Yes! Working in 100 degree heat while the guard sat on his horse, rifle in hand. Ahhh, the good old days.

Cool Hand Luke... loved Newman in that! :)

Megnut, Seattle and Afitzy, you all blow me away with your superb commentaries. So informative, concise, heartfelt and humorous to boot!
Thank you for hard work here.

I second that!! Thanks guys! :D

Today marks a beautiful milestone! Another lovely expression of love and gratitude by CarrieLuft and no follow up, social media pollution from MT!

This day was long in coming.

Jennifer shines brightly.

I'm sure Jennifer would be very proud of her best friend, her mom, and her children! They have conducted themselves with grace and dignity through this horrific event. This reflects on Jennifer as the mother she was blessed with, the children she raised, and the friend she chose. May she rest in peace!

Is it true that the state in which you commit a crime, is the state you will do your time?

Yes, but there are exceptions: Convicted inmates that come to mind include Chris Watts who Colorado DOC transferred to Wisconsin, Letecia Stauch was also moved out of Colorado (I think to KS), and Billy Wagner Jr was moved from OH to RI.

Although authorities seldom discuss transfers, I think most states have adopted statutes to provide for the transfer, and more recently, notification to the victim and/or victim's family of the transfer.

Although I'm not familiar specifically with CT, I know WA law provides the Governor with the authority:

RCW 72.68.010

Transfer of incarcerated individuals.

(1) Whenever in its judgment the best interests of the state or the welfare of any incarcerated individual confined in any penal institution will be better served by his or her transfer to another institution or to a foreign country of which the incarcerated individual is a citizen or national, the secretary may effect such transfer consistent with applicable federal laws and treaties.....

ETA: Appears CT recently enacted revised law (effective Feb 2024) to notify victims of inmate transfers.

Patch report that MT was wearing orange. Thought with the conspiracy murder conviction she would be RED…..

I learned recently that CT is only one of six US States with a unified prison system housing pretrial detainees and convicted inmates together-- in this case, at York CI (Niantic, CT).

I wonder if they are allowed to dress them differently to designate status or if civil rights advocates have intervened here!

I wonder how that works when you’re in the slammer. Is there a doctor who could prescribe eye drops?
From the FAQ, seems her own eyedrops would have been confiscated but this requirement might be addressed during the medical screening:

16. I am going to be incarcerated. What can I bring to a correctional facility with me?

Money- Any cash will be taken from you and placed in your inmate account. It may then be used to purchase items from commissary.

Clothing- The clothing you are wearing upon admission will be exchanged for a uniform. Underwear, bedding and towels are also provided.

Shoes- Suitable footwear may be retained. Sneakers or shoes must be black, white, or black and white. Shoes and boots can not contain any metal support structure.

Eyeglasses- You will be allowed to retain your eyeglasses if they meet safety and security requirements. Inmates who wear contact lenses will be allowed to retain them until the inmate can be seen by an optometrist, who will determine if there is a medical need for the contacts, or if glasses can be ordered. Health services staff will provide cleaning/soaking solution and a container.

Hygiene items- These will initially be provided for you and will continue to be provided if you are indigent. Otherwise you will be required to purchase them from commissary.

Medication- Any medication in your possession will be confiscated. Upon admission offenders are given a medical screening. Appropriate medication will be provided. In coming offenders may bring a letter from their doctor, on letterhead, listing their current prescriptions.

All incoming property is subject to inspection and rejection. (See also Administrative Directive 6.10 Inmate Property).

Thanks @Cloudydiamond -
Once again Carrie Luft shows us how it’s done with grace. She talks of accountability and the necessity of moving on and not getting stuck in time.
I agree with her that MT has a lot more info she could share. Fingers crossed MT or Kent
Finally spill the beans. The location of JFDs body would go a long way to helping with the “ ambiguous loss” she touches upon that all JFDs loved ones must feel.
From the article :
“ Luft believes Troconis knows more than she revealed during her three interviews with police in the months after the disappearance in 2019.
"I suspect she definitely has a volume of information that she hasn't shared," Luft said.
The trial was validating and the outcome a "great relief," Luft said. "But for the kids and everyone who loved and lost Jennifer, we've already had to move on," she said. "We've had to live our daily lives without her."
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members