GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to close the loop on the issues raised by Horn in his recent batch of motions on the issue of evidence testing. In rewatching the expert testimony again I do wonder how much Horn understands about testing process, procedures and protocols? He did say that he had a DNA and testing advisor even though he didn't present his own witness on the topic.

The reason I'm asking about his level of knowledge on the topic is that on at least 4 occasions rewatching the testimony in cases where he questioned experts he was told that preservation of evidence, particularly in cases of small sample size, is important and that in some cases it was most important to preserve evidence for DNA testing.

In rewatching the testimony of the blood and DNA experts it seemed clear that the State Lab did the very best they could with the evidence provided to them, particularly in cases where the sample size was small (ie. faucet at Welles). Given also that a good portion of the evidence was removed from trash cans (even though it was mostly bagged) also made it quite a miracle that as much confirmatory testing was possible as was seen at trial imo.

I'm just putting this summary table back into the thread from the MT AA that provides the results in an easy to refer to format as the trial testimony makes following the testing path of a particular item of evidence a bit challenging. I do think that Horn played very much on the challenges associated with the jury following the path of testing when he made claims about excessive reliance at trial on presumptive testing with either no confirmatory testing or inconclusive test results and his classic claim of the, "State wasting time on presenting all this evidence with inconclusive test results".

Here is the summary table which I found helpful to try and make the test results clearer:

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 18.28.53.png
The other thing that becomes clear and which has been talked about alot here is the fact that the conspirators must have worn gloves and most likely either stacked them or changed them frequently. LE did find the Husky gloves and I believe Kitchen gloves but I do wonder where perhaps other gloves or surgical nitrile or latex gloves might have ended up?

I think it was seeing the MT DNA on the bag opening that convinced me that there is no way that MT did not see what was going into those bags that were tossed on Albany Avenue. I do very much wonder if she held the bags open as FD placed in the items? I do very much wonder what she might have thought seeing the JF bloody bra and shirt as they were placed into the bag? Picturing the process that FD and MT might have had in place to 'bag up' the evidence leads me to believe that the process was well thought out and preplanned as absent few errors that LE found where FD and MT DNA was found, they did protect against DNA transfer effectively imo. So, IDK if they covered themselves up in suits and wore masks or came up with some other protective gear but overall it was fairly effective imo. The idea of MT holding the bags open for FD and then taping them up absolutely imo gives lie to the claim of MT and Horn that she was 'just going with FD for a latte and croissant'. I also now question whether MT being on the phone almost constantly while on the Albany trip wasn't just another ploy to make it appear that she had no idea what FD was doing too?

MOO

Last edited:
I did not notice any change in MT's eyewear today (remote hearing) from the previous Court appearances...

View attachment 490538

View attachment 490539

MT Images
You are right! I don’t think I’ve ever seen her full frontal without a hair curtain!

I wanted to close the loop on the issues raised by Horn in his recent batch of motions on the issue of evidence testing. In rewatching the expert testimony again I do wonder how much Horn understands about testing process, procedures and protocols? He did say that he had a DNA and testing advisor even though he didn't present his own witness on the topic.

The reason I'm asking about his level of knowledge on the topic is that on at least 4 occasions rewatching the testimony in cases where he questioned experts he was told that preservation of evidence, particularly in cases of small sample size, is important and that in some cases it was most important to preserve evidence for DNA testing.

In rewatching the testimony of the blood and DNA experts it seemed clear that the State Lab did the very best they could with the evidence provided to them, particularly in cases where the sample size was small (ie. faucet at Welles). Given also that a good portion of the evidence was removed from trash cans (even though it was mostly bagged) also made it quite a miracle that as much confirmatory testing was possible as was seen at trial imo.

I'm just putting this summary table back into the thread from the MT AA that provides the results in an easy to refer to format as the trial testimony makes following the testing path of a particular item of evidence a bit challenging. I do think that Horn played very much on the challenges associated with the jury following the path of testing when he made claims about excessive reliance at trial on presumptive testing with either no confirmatory testing or inconclusive test results and his classic claim of the, "State wasting time on presenting all this evidence with inconclusive test results".

Here is the summary table which I found helpful to try and make the test results clearer:

View attachment 490553
The other thing that becomes clear and which has been talked about alot here is the fact that the conspirators must have worn gloves and most likely either stacked them or changed them frequently. LE did find the Husky gloves and I believe Kitchen gloves but I do wonder where perhaps other gloves or surgical nitrile or latex gloves might have ended up?

I think it was seeing the MT DNA on the bag opening that convinced me that there is no way that MT did not see what was going into those bags that were tossed on Albany Avenue. I do very much wonder if she held the bags open as FD placed in the items? I do very much wonder what she might have thought seeing the JF bloody bra and shirt as they were placed into the bag? Picturing the process that FD and MT might have had in place to 'bag up' the evidence leads me to believe that the process was well thought out and preplanned as absent few errors that LE found where FD and MT DNA was found, they did protect against DNA transfer effectively imo. So, IDK if they covered themselves up in suits and wore masks or came up with some other protective gear but overall it was fairly effective imo. The idea of MT holding the bags open for FD and then taping them up absolutely imo gives lie to the claim of MT and Horn that she was 'just going with FD for a latte and croissant'. I also now question whether MT being on the phone almost constantly while on the Albany trip wasn't just another ploy to make it appear that she had no idea what FD was doing too?

MOO
Michelle described cleaning with those “short” latex gloves, not long ones like kitchen gloves. DNA, imo came from wrist / forearm contact with the bags.
Same w FD on kitchen sink at 4JC.
It was the exposed area above the glove which shed the dna.
FD must have had latex gloves on Albany during the drops, think he disposed and washed up at Starbucks.
Am reminded to from that list, MT had more dna on bags than did FD. Very telling.

Yes, I'm with you on all of this @Seattle1.

But what bothered me greatly listening to him was that he was not censured at the trial when he used the phrase "JUNK SCIENCE" in front of the jury on rinse and repeat to describe presumptive testing. State didn't object and Judge imo could have reprimanded him and had that phrase striken from the record as well but he didn't. Judge did respond brilliantly by going into excruciating detail for the Jury as to what exactly presumptive testing was and why it was used by LE but if Judge hadn't done that then the Jury might have believed total BS from Horn imo.

How many jurors had ever had exposure to the topic of presumptive and confirmatory testing or crime scene investigation etc. Sure people watch shows on TV dealing with crime but to go into KM and luminol etc. isn't something in most people's experience. So, in trial we had a so called 'authority figure' or someone who the Jury wouldn't suspect to be lying to them saying over and over "Junk Science". I simply think this is wrong and it could have had a catastrophic effect too if just one person on that Jury had an innate distrust of law enforcement or the State.

The Horn statements during the trial were often cynically designed to potentially sway the Jury, but what I found wrong about it was that he did it most frequently simply using 'misstatements' aka LIES. Presumptive testing isn't "Junk Science" but he was allowed to make such a statement unquestioned by anyone and in front of the jury and I don't think that should have been allowed.

The "Junk Science" statement is just one of many others that happened at trial courtesy of Horn.

I'm glad the Jury saw through it, but what happened if they hadn't or there were 1-2 jurors that believed it and it hung the jury? This behaviour imo was cynical and planned to deceive or trip up jurors and shouldn't have been permitted to pass unquestioned and it should have been removed from the record.

MOO
Didn’t Jose Baez cry “junk science” over & over in the Casey Anthony trial? Think it was about the decomp in the trunk of her car. Another tragic case but in that one the guilty one walked. :(.
Moo

Judge White and Horn Horning.

I think Judge White facial expression speaks for us all here listening to the Horn request to allow MT to bask in the Miami sun while awaiting sentencing.

While Horn appears as if he has been a 10 day bender....or blunt blowin as Lil Wayne says...

MOO

View attachment 490484View attachment 490485
He does look like he’s been through the mill.

I can only hope, as I frost my chocolate croissant, that all his gyrating, thrusting, unpreparing, objecting without objection, testifying without questions, paper shuffling and legal side-stepping contribute directly to a hard stop on appeal. He had every professional courtesy and then some.

That sweatshirt, I could have spit teeth. It comes into his possession. Hello. He agrees to stipulate. Hello. He brings it up in court. Hell to the no.

He so wanted to paint a sweatshirt in any other color than the idiot pedaler wore.

Dress FD however you like he still had a black heart. But honestly, how many different ways did Schoenhorn try to backdoor that? His motion to retry will fall flat.

JMO
Megnut, Seattle and Afitzy, you all blow me away with your superb commentaries. So informative, concise, heartfelt and humorous to boot!
Thank you for hard work here.

@lucegirl, great suggestion.

I'm halfway through a bottle of delightful riesling after a long day in the salt mines but so incensed about today's proceedings that another bottle might be needed.....

Who in their right mind would ask for client release to Miami following conviction for six counts in CT, including conspiracy murder?

Who in their right mind would hold on to a Venezuelan expired passport for 2 years and not return it to the Court as originally requested?

Answer options: (A) Horn, (B) Horn and (C) A + B.

Insanity

View attachment 490486
Na zdrowie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads