Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #12 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think he saw or knew a spot on way home to dump body. and maybe cause he got spooked, left the other bagsin red truck, and took truck home. unlloaded those bags into his garage. takes red truck back to other house and walks back home as the cell records indicate. worker comes home around5, drops off his car. MT comes over, he now has heard jd is reported missing, loads bags in his truck and wants to get rid of that asap so figures hartford is best solution.
BBM. It has been speculated multiple times on these threads that he did not want the body and the other evidence be found together. He wanted to make it look like she disappeared from the park. He also needed to get rid of the number plates at a different location. Maybe they were still attached to his employee's truck when he dumped JD's body, although it remains unknown on which vehicle and when they were used.

MT mother may have well told her daughter what she thought about the scenario BUT... it is MT that makes decisions. She is an adult and we can’t hold her mother accountable for her decisions as an adult.
I agree totally.

Except that MT’s mother posted bond for MT and so because of it, MT’s mother IS now making the decisions for MT.

Or else.....

MOO

Last edited:
On one of the other websites, there’s a video that someone took when they drove by Jennifer’s house on Welles Ln.

The lawn and shrubs were overgrown and the house looked “empty” - the whole place looked eerie and uncared for. Especially with the other well manicured yards and well taken cared for homes surrounding it.

It’s a very sad sight to see. I wish grandma could hire a landscaper to keep up the yard.

Did the house & yard look the same when you drove by, @Genieeasy ?
@peace9274 , I'm surprised that the house hasn't been kept up. It's a rental, so the owner will eventually want to sell or rent it out.

Jennifer Dulos case: Flamboyant ‘high-wire act’ the norm for Pattis

Pattis’ flamboyant style and bombastic allegations regarding the victim, whose disappearance has sparked a five-week, two-state search involving hundreds of police man hours, have given some defense attorneys and domestic violence advocates pause.

“He’s floating theories out there and he’s making comments on evidence and he knows the government can’t respond,” Westport attorney Elliot Warren said. “That’s his style. He’ll be broadcasting his client’s innocence right up until the last minute.”

But New Canaan Attorney Matthew Maddox pointed out that Pattis is simply pulling together a vigorous defense, which nowadays, includes playing directly to social media rather than letting the court record speak for itself.

Thank you for posting these @peace9274 !

Perhaps it’s an optical illusion or my imagination, but to me the last photo you posted appears to look like the center window of the third floor (attic?) is broken out in parts and/or the blinds are askew.

It could mean nothing, but I’m just wondering.

I’m wondering whether FD had gained entry to this house before in his wetsuit, searching through whatever he could find, removing things or taking notes of the locations of things he might want himself or his sub to later remove, etc. He may have moved or removed something very minor — perhaps even several times before — or gotten someone to do this for him — in hopes of convincing Jennifer or those around her or professionals she make have consulted about this — that she was losing her mind, being absurd, seeming or sounding paranoid.

It might at the least very much have scared and unsettled here, but at the worst it could have been actually working such as perhaps suggestions of this in the draft GAL report. If FD was in on this, he may have done it to destabilize JD and hope that if she made claims of this type to mental health professionals, they might thing she was losing it a little bit rather than suspected it likelihood she was in real immediate danger and that FD was trying to drag her underwater and drown her — if she could do the dirty work for him by coming unglued by all the stress of everything he was up to , that would have made it much easier on him to take the money and the kids.

He may also have been, while they cohabitated and even following that, trying to actually poison her with some product or medication tampering. For sure it seemed likely he had her under surveillance for a long while — perhaps from he very beginning — but like KD, JD just wasn’t dying quite fast enough for FD and he got really tired of waiting.

Especially as the money was drying up and the discovery noose was tightening in the divorce and the debt/loan cases.

He’s such a planner, so calculating, I can certainly imagine him doing reconnaissance missions and trial runs/practice caging the location and her schedule long before (and possibly even after).
Interesting point about attempted poisoning, @CarefullyTaught , particularly given the former NCCS teacher's comments about being concerned about JD's increasingly frail appearance. Also, noting this creepy timing: Claus von Bulow, accused of trying to kill wife and later cleared, dies at 92

Sometime is in my mind about FD's expectations for the weekend. He was to see or have the children on Saturday. Was he infuriated that he would need to pick them up in NY or ?? One of the kids could have sent a text to him in the morning saying they were going to Grandma's house. He might have learned the same way that JD had a morning appointment. This is all MOO but I've tried to picture scenarios that might infuriate him and cause him to act recklessly.

IMO, there was no one thing that infuriated him leading to commit this crime. It was a done deal because of an accumulation of circumstances. There was no "final straw" so to speak. No incident that sent him into a rage and he just couldn't control himself. This was twirling in his head for a very long time. It was going to happen. Just a matter of when. I can't believe how stupid MT and FD were to bring their cell phones to Hartford. What were they thinking? I also go along with the thoughts others have expressed that MT and FD are one and the same personality.

IMO, there was no one thing that infuriated him leading to commit this crime. It was a done deal because of an accumulation of circumstances. There was no "final straw" so to speak. No incident that sent him into a rage and he just couldn't control himself. This was twirling in his head for a very long time. It was going to happen. Just a matter of when. I can't believe how stupid MT and FD were to bring their cell phones to Hartford. What were they thinking? I also go along with the thoughts others have expressed that MT and FD are one and the same personality.
most 'abusers' are driven by and operate by maintaining "Power and Control". These two attributes are the overriding behaviors
that domestic violence advisers see over and over with these type men.
FD was losing his grip on JD and his children and the pocketbook
that kept his enterprise afloat. He had lived in a state of fury ever since JD took the kids and left him.

MOO is that the battle lines were drawn in 2017. She predicted
this outcome, she knew what he was capable of but she tried
her best to prevent it. What she tried just wasn't enough.
Sometimes the legal system and doing things by the books doesn't
protect one against a barbaric, violent person. He would have always found a way to get her short of her having armed guards
around her and the children 24/7.
He was on a mission and wouldn't stop til he succeeded.

Somewhat O/T but worth a glance IMO in that there may be parallels here to the below linked case of Joan Robinson Hill (with which many of you may be already familiar from the “Blood and Money” book and movie):

There are many similarities (and some updates) — including the wealthy father-in-law loaning money to his daughter’s spouse for home purchase, the man’s affairs, his history of deception but evasion of responsibility, evidence of more than one suspicious homicide and homicide attempt/s, likely implication of knowing and/or patsy accomplices, professional incompetence, selfishness/ narcissism, frivolous and excessive spending of other’s money, insensitivity to his own kids . . . Etc.

Perhaps most chilling of all IMO is what appears possibly (likely?) the husband ultimately faking his own murder on the eve of trial for the purpose of evading justice for the prior murder of one spouse and the attempted murder of another. And, finally, the wrenching irony of likely the most culpable defendant evading accountability to establish a new high life and identity, while possibly minor accessories to his evasion get nabbed and rot in prison.

I still believe that in the JD case in discussion on this immediate WS thread as concerns FD, before all is told, we may well find there is more than just one homicide victim involved in his crime/s.

Joan Robinson Hill - Wikipedia

Somewhat O/T but worth a glance IMO in that there may be parallels here to the below linked case of Joan Robinson Hill (with which many of you may be already familiar from the “Blood and Money” book and movie):

There are many similarities (and some updates) — including the wealthy father-in-law loaning money to his daughter’s spouse for home purchase, the man’s affairs, his history of deception but evasion of responsibility, evidence of more than one suspicious homicide and homicide attempt/s, likely implication of knowing and/or patsy accomplices, professional incompetence, selfishness/ narcissism, frivolous and excessive spending of other’s money, insensitivity to his own kids . . . Etc.

Perhaps most chilling of all IMO is what appears possibly (likely?) the husband ultimately faking his own murder on the eve of trial for the purpose of evading justice for the prior murder of one spouse and the attempted murder of another. And, finally, the wrenching irony of likely the most culpable defendant evading accountability to establish a new high life and identity, while possibly minor accessories to his evasion get nabbed and rot in prison.

I still believe that in the JD case in discussion on this immediate WS thread as concerns FD, before all is told, we may well find there is more than just one homicide victim involved in his crime/s.

Joan Robinson Hill - Wikipedia
.... regarding possibly more homicide victim(s) in FD's past:
As far as we in US know, his past behavior in Greece is a total
unknown. did he and parents pack up and leave due to some
unsavory activities in his home country?
Was he a perp in his younger years and escaped punishment?
Was his family and he running away from this unsavory reputation? Was this a 'fresh start' for him?

So much we don't know about his history. We know alcohol and drugs can play a role in a percentage of abusive marriages, was this the case here? Did his momma suffer abuse within his
family? Greek men, in general, are known to be domineering and
controlling since this is pretty much accepted in their culture.
Did JD not understand this or did her abuse escalate during her marriage?
So many questions and it would take interviewing many people
in JD's and FD's life to get even a small window on her life and his history.

Last edited:
Was his family and he running away from this unsavory reputation? Was this a 'fresh start' for him?

So much we don't know about his history. We know alcohol and drugs can play a role in a percentage of abusive marriages, was this the case here? Did his momma suffer abuse within his

My first marriage was to an Italian born in Italy and raised here since the age of 8 but lived in a place where the Italian community was close knit. Italian businesses, churches, worked in factories together and socialized within their own group. I am sure JD may have been aware of the domineering stereotype of Greek men, but can all of them be like that? The ex's brother is nothing like him. Things DO get worse the longer a relationship continues. And remember, JD and FD were married less than a year after reconnecting. Likely only saw his good side. What happens is this: Any slight they may feel, remains forever in their minds. They never let go of it. If there are 2 possible interpretations of events, they will always go to the one where you have deliberately crossed them. Eventually, if you are riding in the car on a sunny day, they argue over if the sky is blue. Then, the silent treatment and you are not even sure why. And the contempt they have for you is astounding. Now, of course there are non-Greek and non-Italians who are even worse than what I've described but I'm convinced that culture did play a role in the formation of the ex's personality. I love Italian food and culture but I would NEVER date one again unless his family had been here more than just a generation and hadn't been living in an insular community of immigrants. No way, no how.

Do Greek men make good marriage partners? A reflection

haha, see the part about " no traditional Greek husband would be caught with a broom in his hand," because it's woman's work.
So is this part of NP's 're-making' of FD's image to show the jurors
he's not above doing womanly housework? Mr. Nice Guy?

Also much written here about young Greek boys are raised to be spoiled,
arrogant and proud. Parents in Greece value sons over daughters.
Females have little respect in this Patriarchal culture.
Also it's acceptable in their culture to be 'two-timers' or 22 timers
meaning extra-marital girlfriends are the norm. And wives just have to accept it if you want a Greek husband.

Interesting article.

Last edited:
Is this GF Atty ? Sorry , just reading through threads after all day painting.
No, GF is all good on the legal front. Believe this is one of FD atty's that tried to resign having the request denied because they didn't include all the information that the court wanted in their motion paperwork. If you recall FD civil atty and divorce atty have attempted to resign as his counsel. This all has to be approved by the appropriate court.

FD's Mother's death is suspicious IMO.

Two 'Accidents' within days of each other?

'Falling' down the stairs and then 'Ran Over' but the Nanny who Only spoke Greek and FD had to be her Interpreter?

Nanny said through her 'Interpreter' that she did not realize she had ran over FD's Mother but yet, the one child in the vehicle was screaming because his Grandmother had been 'Ran Over'?

When Anyone in a car, has just driven Over someone, there is Absolutely no chance that they do not know they have ran Over something as big as a person.

FD's Mother was actually Ran Over, not just bumped with the vehicle.

Why did FD make such a 'Big Deal' about the fact that he was in Italy at the time of his mother being 'Ran Over'?

'If'' it was an 'Accident', why does it matter where FD was?

The understanding is that FD may have had his mother cremated.

Was this to 'cover up' the crimes, yes Crimes, with an 'S'?

Does anyone know how FD's father died?

It has been reported that JD's father died of Natural Causes.

Are we sure about the 'Natural Causes'?

HF may have had enough of FD and him 'begging' for money to fund his 'Hobby' and HF told FD that he would no longer be FD's Bank.

FD's Sister and her family still live in Greece and the sister's daughter is who has been seen out and about with FD in the past few weeks.

I believe that JD saw him coming and she was still in the car which she was driving, the suburban. And when she saw him/accomplice she slammed the door to try closing it. I believe it was FD because of the bruised up nail I noticed on his index finger.
Good catch. He also could have hit it while he was banging around metal.

OMG, where did you read this and can you bring the quote in here?
She alleged in court papers her estranged husband -- an American and Turkish citizen who was raised in Greece and Turkey -- had applied for passports for him and their children. He told her he was scheduled to have an interview at the Greek consulate where he was set to get the passports in June 2017, according to her court filing.
He had also booked a trip to Greece for him and their children for the following month, she said in court papers. She said the trip plans did not include her.

Missing Connecticut woman's blood found on items dumped in trash receptacles, authorities say - CNN

Do Greek men make good marriage partners? A reflection

haha, see the part about " no traditional Greek husband would be caught with a broom in his hand," because it's woman's work.
So is this part of NP's 're-making' of FD's image to show the jurors
he's not above doing womanly housework? Mr. Nice Guy?

Also much written here about young Greek boys are raised to be spoiled,
arrogant and proud. Parents in Greece value sons over daughters.
Females have little respect in this Patriarchal culture.
Also it's acceptable in their culture to be 'two-timers' or 22 timers
meaning extra-marital girlfriends are the norm. And wives just have to accept it if you want a Greek husband.

Interesting article.
Good one!

Loved this quote:

"The third definition I have to address before I even attempt to answer the question has to do with what it means to be “a good marriage partner.” By that, I mean someone who is respectful, genuinely loves and cares for his family, is not insane or unreasonable, is gainfully employed and can cover his responsibilities. A good marriage partner does not physically or emotionally abuse his mate or his children; is not involved in criminal behavior; does not cheat. He spends time to develop a relationship with his family and does not take them for granted. A good marriage partner can be said to be a person of integrity, honor, with ‘philotimo’. Someone who does right by family, country, and God".

No checks on any of these for FD that I can see? Anyone seeing it differently????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meganreinert