Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would want the jury to be less affluent, uneducated and more
attuned to blue collar jobs. I wouldn't want astute critical thinking skills more likely with more educated population.
I would want a jury I can persuade, people not accustomed to thinking for themselves. Bridgeport would work, imo. Also
less educated people tend not to listen to current news or be
aware of what's happening around their area.
Bridgeport is surrounded by affluent areas. It would be the same as New Haven or Hartford - very mixed jury pool as far as wealth goes.

Last edited:
Why did MT accompany FD on his trash dumping round in the first place? Her presence wasn't necessary. He could have kept it away from her (reducing the chance of being betrayed later).
Do we know when the bloody trash exchange took place with the
2 trucks? If this stuff was collected in employee's truck, when was
it thrown in FD's truck?

His taking stuff to Hartford is insulting, and I have many blue collar workers in my family who would look at FD freeloading off of JD’s family money in a very poor light.

I hear you on the Hartford dump being 'insulting' but I'm not sure that them going to Hartford was thought of in the way you might be thinking of it. The trip to Hartford might have been necessitated by the fact that their local transfer station was closed and Hartford offered daily pickup. Just a theory on my part but I don't think FD/MT had many trash disposal options at the time of day that they made their trip down Albany.

Most towns (other than large ones) in CT don't have organized town wide trash removal. People arrange for their own trash removal and so garbage trucks are usually around most mornings on their route for customer pick ups. NC people either take their trash to Transfer Station of have private company come and do removal. Farmington looks like it has some organized system of trash removal (link below).

So, if you were in Farmington and needed to get rid of trash you would have to either put it into your own trash and wait for pickup (not a good option for FD IMO!) or perhaps take it to the town transfer station (most towns have place where garbage and recycling can be taken - NC has a very comprehensive garbage/recycling setup http://www.newcanaan.info/content/9490/293/319/873/default.aspxand here is info for Farmington Trash and Recycling | Town of Farmington, CT).

It also appears that Farmington has some kind of organized pickup system (anyone local to explain?) http://www.farmington-ct.org/home/showdocument?id=15491

Hope this helps explain why Hartford might have been only option based on the time of day.

She does whatever FD tells her to? She was suspicious and made him take her along? He needed her for moral support? He thought it would give them time to talk about what to say to authorities? She really is a clueless person? Many possibilities. He must have had a reason for wanting her there with him.

Question for CT Sleuthers: did y’all get a Silver Alert on your phones for JD? We get them in Texas. From hours away even. Sorry if this has been rehashed. I do have a reason for asking.
Nope, I only got one through a news app, not the blaring alarm we get for an Amber Alert.

I would want the jury to be less affluent, uneducated and more
attuned to blue collar jobs. I wouldn't want astute critical thinking skills more likely with more educated population.
I would want a jury I can persuade, people not accustomed to thinking for themselves. Bridgeport would work, imo. Also
less educated people tend not to listen to current news or be
aware of what's happening around their area.
Yikes. I don’t think critical thinking skills are necessarily equated with an education. & I have several degrees myself.

I think he’s tying MT to FD, for two reasons:

To say “there is evidence that shows she wasn’t in the area on the day of the murder. If she’s innocent, he is too.”

He may also be trying to play nice, in an effort to avoid “poking the bear.” She can hurt his client, and he may be concerned about angering her.

If she passed a polygraph, it’s probably because she was being truthful. That’s entirely possible at this point.

I don’t think there’s a chance in hell that his lawyer will allow him to take a polygraph. It can only hurt him.
I wonder what MT's lawyer thinks about Pattis talking about MT's polygraph? Not cool to talk about someone else's client, imo.

(Sorry if this is a duplicate from earlier. Having tech glitches today.)

jmo

I hear you on the Hartford dump being 'insulting' but I'm not sure that them going to Hartford was thought of in the way you might be thinking of it. The trip to Hartford might have been necessitated by the fact that their local transfer station was closed and Hartford offered daily pickup. Just a theory on my part but I don't think FD/MT had many trash disposal options at the time of day that they made their trip down Albany.

Most towns (other than large ones) in CT don't have organized town wide trash removal. People arrange for their own trash removal and so garbage trucks are usually around most mornings on their route for customer pick ups. NC people either take their trash to Transfer Station of have private company come and do removal. Farmington looks like it has some organized system of trash removal (link below).

So, if you were in Farmington and needed to get rid of trash you would have to either put it into your own trash and wait for pickup (not a good option for FD IMO!) or perhaps take it to the town transfer station (most towns have place where garbage and recycling can be taken - NC has a very comprehensive garbage/recycling setup http://www.newcanaan.info/content/9490/293/319/873/default.aspxand here is info for Farmington Trash and Recycling | Town of Farmington, CT).

It also appears that Farmington has some kind of organized pickup system (anyone local to explain?) http://www.farmington-ct.org/home/showdocument?id=15491

Hope this helps explain why Hartford might have been only option based on the time of day.
Perhaps, but the optics would not play well, IMO, and the defense likely won’t go into his disposal thought process.

Your thoughts? Did the employee who has not been named contact LE first or did LE, through investigative methods, find him first? I know it hasn't been stated via MSM either way but i would be personally thrilled if the employee went to LE. It sounds as if he has been quite cooperative.

MOO but I am leaning towards the employee going to LE. Maybe why LE is asking for video. To see if they can see FD in the employees vehicle anywhere so it is not just the employees word against FD.

Do we know when the bloody trash exchange took place with the
2 trucks? If this stuff was collected in employee's truck, when was
it thrown in FD's truck?
No, we just found out today about the switch. All we know for sure is that FD was driving his own vehicle around 7pm (unless they claim it isn't JD and MT on video at all) IMO

I know the area of Hartford he dumped in. It was very deliberate IMO. I swear I heard early on that they had been to Hartford Golf Club (the club definitely had a vigil), which is right down the street from the area they dumped in. There is this weird transition from West Hartford to Hartford where it goes from affluent to VERY poor quite suddenly. The latter is where they dumped everything. I think he knew the area and chose it purposefully.

Source: From CT and used to work at the golf club with someone from that area of Albany Avenue I would drive home sometimes.

You are absolutely correct about this Wilton/So. Norwalk reservoir and there was another case in the 7os I believe when another female was found at the reservoir as well.

For those not from the area here is a link to this beautiful area which is not open to the public BTW. There is street access to the property from Belden Hill Rd I believe and the Water Company employees park their trucks in a small fenced in area just a short distance off the street.

Google Maps
I'm not good with maps, but if this is at the intersection of Old Boston Road and Rt. 106, I know it well, as I tried to Inc it in my running route about five years ago. Decided against it, and my recollection is that it was because the entrance road wasn't really paved, and it was narrow, winding and became a bit steep. Haven't been on the reservoir, but wow, given the seclusion and proximity to JD's house (5 miles, tops), this would make sense. From there he could easily pop onto the Merritt, I-95, or take back roads to I-84.

Or maybe the employee helped drop off JDs car/pick up FD - knowingly or unknowingly a participant?? MOO
good thought but why not come forward right away? the flyer with the stock photo for JD was out fairly quick after she was reported missing. I just don't know about this employee involvement. JMO I think the employee knows nothing and the bags were put in the truck after the employee returned it to FD. Question is - where were those bags during the day? who's vehicle - the employee's? they have it now so maybe they will get trace evidence

She does whatever FD tells her to? She was suspicious and made him take her along? He needed her for moral support? He thought it would give them time to talk about what to say to authorities? She really is a clueless person? Many possibilities. He must have had a reason for wanting her there with him.

Question for CT Sleuthers: did y’all get a Silver Alert on your phones for JD? We get them in Texas. From hours away even. Sorry if this has been rehashed. I do have a reason for asking.
Yes, Silver alert was received as was town alert via email. But it was the holiday weekend and many in the area were away or not focused on the news. We've had chats earlier in the threads and heard from people in other area towns and some said they had heard about the missing persons report while others said they had no clue. Memorial Day was very quiet in NC IMO.

Last edited:
IF (big if) this is the only part she was involved in, she genuinely might not have known. Who knows how domineering and eccentric he was.
I think these type men have their radar out for women they can control. Women who they can convince that they walk on water.
I'm starting to think MT is another one of those who does what she's told. He says jump, she says how high?

The only information the police have asked for has to do with her black Chevy Tahoe. I’m guessing there isn’t a ton of camera footage between Waveny Park near where her car was found OR they wanted anyone who might have parked near where her car was dumped to let them know if they noticed anything. Like say a male jogger?

A friend of mine spoke to LE bc she noticed an FD lookalike in Waveny / Lapham Road that day in the 10:30/11 timeframe

I really think New Haven might be the best choice for both sides, and maybe Hartford. The cities themselves are poor, but they both have towns within their judicial district that are wealthy.
I agree, I think New Haven would be a good choice. Also, Pattis has his office in New Haven, so may be more beneficial for him. I live in the area and know the surrounding towns would offer quite a diverse pool of potential jurors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
issy565