Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #7 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you on the Hartford dump being 'insulting' but I'm not sure that them going to Hartford was thought of in the way you might be thinking of it. The trip to Hartford might have been necessitated by the fact that their local transfer station was closed and Hartford offered daily pickup. Just a theory on my part but I don't think FD/MT had many trash disposal options at the time of day that they made their trip down Albany.

Most towns (other than large ones) in CT don't have organized town wide trash removal. People arrange for their own trash removal and so garbage trucks are usually around most mornings on their route for customer pick ups. NC people either take their trash to Transfer Station of have private company come and do removal. Farmington looks like it has some organized system of trash removal (link below).

So, if you were in Farmington and needed to get rid of trash you would have to either put it into your own trash and wait for pickup (not a good option for FD IMO!) or perhaps take it to the town transfer station (most towns have place where garb
age and recycling can be taken - NC has a very comprehensive garbage/recycling setup http://www.newcanaan.info/content/9490/293/319/873/default.aspxand here is info for Farmington Trash and Recycling | Town of Farmington, CT).

It also appears that Farmington has some kind of organized pickup system (anyone local to explain?) http://www.farmington-ct.org/home/showdocument?id=15491

Hope this helps explain why Hartford might have been only option based on the time of day.

Yes, and businesses/buildings and apartment buildings have commercial accounts with carting services which are much better to dispose at given the sheer volume and lack of personalized dumping into a truck. Usually larger receptacles are dumped by automation with less chance of the materials being scrutinized or spilled.

In my experience in a small CT town, the trash team does look to make sure they are not dumping heavy or hazardous materials b/c I pay only for household waste.

Indeed, why? makes no sense unless FD had an ulterior motive and she truly did not know what was going on that day - I doubt it, but it is possible IMO

If my SO took me on an evidence dump giving me some lame excuse why he was throwing bags in 30 some locations and I was goofy enough not to question this, as soon as his ex came up missing I would think, "oh heck no, you are not getting me involved in your crazy ****" and I would say, "gotta go buy some cigs, be back soon". Then I would hightail it (with my daughter mind you) to the police station and tell them everything he did for the last week to make sure he was locked up tight!

good thought but why not come forward right away? the flyer with the stock photo for JD was out fairly quick after she was reported missing. I just don't know about this employee involvement. JMO I think the employee knows nothing and the bags were put in the truck after the employee returned it to FD. Question is - where were those bags during the day? who's vehicle - the employee's? they have it now so maybe they will get trace evidence
My hunch at this point (subject to change as we learn more info) is that the employee was used as a dupe. My guess is that the employee was unaware that FD intended to murder his wife and use the employee's vehicle to avoid detection (or to put blame on the employee!).

My question is whether the employee's vehicle was used to transport the body.

Today's info does get at the "third party" question that was lingering. I think this addresses that weird feeling that a third person was involved....yet also wasn't involved.

Truth is coming out. Not finished yet.

jmo, subject to change

Honestly? I think their sexes would play a roll. I hope this doesn’t sound horrible, but she’s a woman and a mom. No issue if she’s a working mom, but if she’s home with the kids, and her family could help her do that? Good for her. I think they’d see FD as a pretty boy, mooching off his wife. JMO. Obv can only speak for my personal beliefs regarding what folks in my hometown would think. & Obv very generalized.
Totally get your POV! But CT is a state with extremes of weath and education and this no doubt would show up in the jury pool. Its interesting but on paper Fairfield County is by all accounts affluent but within the County the food banks are actively used by an ever increasing population that cannot afford necessities and there are many children that go to school hungry each day and many lack basic necessities. The area deals with issues like homelessness, crime, DV shelters, food banks, elder abuse etc. no different from large cities but just in lower numbers and hidden behind the veneer IMO of relative affluence.

No way, IMO, could he drive back to Farmington that Friday holiday afternoon, drive back to N C, and then make it back to Hartford, etc. in that time frame. Also, though I've proposed he disposed of the body local to N C, why not ditch the bags of o evidence at the same time? Struggling here, as we all are..

Yah I don't think there was likely a return trip, I think FD likely had loaded things into the fore employees vehicle when he was still at the NC home before dumping JD vehicle

JMO

I wonder what MT's lawyer thinks about Pattis talking about MT's polygraph? Not cool to talk about someone else's client, imo.

jmo
SBM.

I think they are happy that the polygraph is out as it lends credibility to her not being involved. Despite saying that Bowman wouldn't take his call, both of these lawyers will be dogged in defending their client and will work together whenever it is a benefit. IMO.

ITA. Some of the smartest people I know are also socially inept with no common sense. Education =\= Intelligence.
I've had the opportunity to work with some extremely intelligent people. I remember one very bright engineer who would wear two different socks to work routinely - it could be two different color dress socks or one brown dress sock and one white athletic sock! As long as he had on two socks, he was good.

Yes, they searched that property early on - I will find the link
ETA: link
https://nypost.com/2019/05/31/searc...icut-mom-jennifer-dulos-moves-to-westchester/
snipped
A week after JD disappeared, cops spread their search across state lines to a house in Pound Ridge in Westchester County owned by her parents — while Connecticut state police began scouring the Upper Albany area of Hartford on Friday afternoon, according to the Hartford Courant.

The Hartford location is outside Farmington, where JD's estranged husband, FD, lives
I was thinking Vista, NY, near Ridgefield, CT, and more on the way home for FD, vs. Pound Ridge/Bedford, which takes you a bit more about out of the way (again, I am not a map person...strictly personal experience, mileage might vary).

Think its in but double check on sillybilly content as I believe this was answered in prior thread. I'm on my phone so searching is next to impossible or I'd help.
Police Searching New Car Of Interest In Missing Jennifer Dulos' Case
snipped

Meanwhile, the FBI was spotted at Russell Speeder’s Car Opens a New Window. Wash in Avon Thursday to inquire about a “strong vehicle of interest; the primary vehicle of interest,” according to the source.
yes- it was approved (thanks for the search tip - you'd think I would know that by now)

Pattis oversharing MT's info is bazaar to me. I can't help but think he's trying to send her a message or something. I would like to know who told him that she passed the lie detector test too?

Bowman is a good enough attorney to nip that right in the bud if he felt Pattis was sharing something he shouldn't. Bowman has his client's interest at heart. I think Bowman's office shared info. Remember Pattis said Bowman didn't take his call but he didn't say he didn't talk to anyone else. And, that was before the Stamford hearing. Now they have both plead not guilty and their lawyers will want any evidence they can get--either from the other defense team or the state.

Pattis oversharing MT's info is bazaar to me. I can't help but think he's trying to send her a message or something. I would like to know who told him that she passed the lie detector test too?
It seems likely that Pattis is well liked within some of the LE
community there based on the video of the parking lot LE attendants shaking hands with him and seemingly welcoming him to court the other day. I was surprised to see this. He's a schmoozer.

Yes, and businesses/buildings and apartment buildings have commercial accounts with carting services which are much better to dispose at given the sheer volume and lack of personalized dumping into a truck. Usually larger receptacles are dumped by automation with less chance of the materials being scrutinized or spilled.

In my experience in a small CT town, the trash team does look to make sure they are not dumping heavy or hazardous materials b/c I pay only for household waste.
Illegal use of others trash dumpsters is a big issue and so now most corporate dumpsters and town dumpsters have camera coverage 24/7. Locally its rare to see a dumpster that doesn't have a camera attached to it. Transfer stations most likely have cameras too to capture people trying to access the location after hours.

Norm Pattis, the high-profile and controversial attorney hired last week to represent Fotis Dulos, told a Connecticut radio station on Thursday that Troconis has passed a polygraph and has an alibi the day Jennifer Dulos went missing.

“My understanding is the result of her speaking to the police has ruled her out as a participant in any foul play in New Canaan,” Pattis told WPLR’s Chaz and AJ. “And my understanding is she’s taken a polygraph exam on the question of whether she had any knowledge of any foul play or disposal of evidence, and she’s satisfied police in that polygraph exam and she provided an alibi.”

Pattis said Troconis’ cooperation has helped Fotis Dulos.

“I think she’s not given them anything of value,” he said. “What she’s given us is tremendous things of value and that is she wasn’t aware of any foul play.”

A message seeking comment was left with Troconis’ lawyer Thursday.

Since Fotis Dulos has been released on bail and is back home, the media has been clamoring this week to cover his every move — from the grocery store, to a morning jog and a visit to a Hartford probation office.
Fotis Dulos’ truck in New Canaan day Jennifer Dulos went missing — but he wasn’t driving

ETA: Hmmm.... Sounds like Pattis statement to radio station is more PR/Spin than definitive evidence. MOO

I agree and my guess at this early date is that Pattis will try to skew jury more urban vs suburban but this is speculation on my part. This could mean New Haven too might fall into the mix. Danbury is diverse both ethnically as well as socio-economically IMO but Pattis not want to risk too many suburban jurors IMO. Curious to see how this situation evolves as many factors come into play. We will see the 'two CTs' in action I'm sure with the disparity between weath, education etc. played out in jury selection process depending on which city ends up being the trial location. Pattis knows the state well (as does the State's atty) so it will be battled is my guess.
This is such a good post and aptly describes the state.
In response to your early post where Pattis stated MT passed a poly, it also said that she told LE she didn't know what was in the bags. That puts her in the truck. Pattis then goes on to say he DOESN"T know if FD was in the truck. He hasn't seen the videos. How can he have it both ways?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member