Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #9 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
50/50... kidding at first but the more I thought about it, the more I thought who knows, NP is throwing everything out there and it feels somewhat that he’s trying to play a psychological game (JMO)

The state’s attorney and MT’s are being so quiet I think is very telling while driving NP nuts.

I think one day it’s going to be like...boom and set NP into a major tailspin and I can’t wait!

Back to the single black glove he was wearing in an obviously public way whilst sweeping the front of his property, IMO it feels like a taunt and a subliminal reference to OJs not guilty decision. Again, IMO

I think your first suggestion was right - the public glove display is definitely for a purpose. But I think it will relate to some as yet unseen (by us) cctv that shows him wearing gloves. Maybe the trash can odyssey. “I wear gloves often, Your Honour. I have a dislike of germs.”

If JD had an appointment in NYC at 11am, she’s leaving her home 9:45 am absolute latest, more likely 9:30 latest given her perfectionism even she acknowledges in her blogs, and depending where in NYC her appointment was.
BBM. According to Hartford Courant, investigators believe the attack occurred in a time frame between 8:30 and 10:30am. I'm not sure why they believe that 10:30 would be still feasible. Could they be vague on purpose?
A few other things could help narrow down the time frame. The obvious one would be her cell phone data (e.g. a late call to/from a friend). Also, if the clothes she was wearing for the school run were found in the house that would mean that she wasn't attacked on her way back.
Can anyone estimate how much time would take the perp from the start of the attack till they left NC (likely from Waveny Park)? More than an hour? How much of that time in the house?

Interesting thought - why don't you expect there will be a trial on current charges? That's a new idea to me. Share what you're thinking!

jmo

Yikes I stated that poorly, no new idea

I think those charges will be amended and to be included with additional charges related to murder before we see those current charges alone ever go to trial

And I honestly think that NP is well aware of that likelihood

He's going at this like he's already defending a murder case and I think he's trying to force prosecutors to show their hand

Hopefully the judge will only make the prosecution say that the seized items are relevant to the ongoing missing persons investigation and prosecutors won't be forced to explain why each item is significant

While I'm dying to know what all they have as far as evidence, I am ok knowing that those things need to be held close to the vest until prosecutors are sure they have everything they need to proceed

JMO

On the topic of FD getting from Lapham Road to JD's house on Welles Lane, as a local I'll try to give the group some perspective.

If I had to leave a car on Lapham and get to Welles Lane myself and didn't want anyone involved I'd consider 1) Train from Talmadge Hill to NC Train Station then a Taxi paid in Cash from NCTS to either the bottom of the cul de sac at Welles or to the Winter Club on the corner of Ponus Ridge and Frogtown (quick walk/jog from there to the house); 2) Jog from Lapham via Old Stamford Road to NC Train to Taxi; 3) Jog through Waveny to South Avenue up to Farm Rd to Old Stamford to NC Train to Taxi; 4) Uber/Lyft readily available in NC, with burner phone/Prepaid card.

If he jogged or walked from Lapham Road at that time of day on a Friday when school was in session, there are people driving to Talmadge Hill Train Station for trains to NYC, there are school drop offs at NC High School, Saxe Middle School and East Elementary School very close to Lapham Road and plenty of joggers so tons of people and activity to blend in but the route to her house is very dangerous, particularly in either getting to Ponus Ridge and approaching Wells from the safer direction on Frogtown or getting to Welles on Frogtown from the much more dangerous Weed Street approach. And besides the Country School, West Elementary is just North on Ponus Ridge so again, lots of traffic but people do jog all over town.

As far as a run to JD's house on Welles from Lapham Road, (in case you want to follow via Google maps):

A. The most direct way to run would be to go North to 106 Old Stamford Road up to Richmond Hill Road (has a train crossing that stops traffic and walkers periodically) to Weed Street, quick Right and left on Frogtown. Pretty safe until Frogtown which is super dangerous from that point on to Welles.

B. Crossing at Jelliff Mill from Old Stamford to Ponus Ridge is pretty dangerous but fairly straight with yards to jump into if a car comes flying at you and then is definitely not too bad after that. So that would be Lapham Rd to Old Stamford left to Jelliff Mill, right on Jelliff Mill , Right on Ponus Ridge, Right on Frogtown.

C. The other practical option is same as A but instead of a left on Frogtown stay North until Irwin Park and cross over to Ponus Ridge on Wahackme. If my kids had to do this walk/run, this is the route I'd send them. Then go left on Ponus Ridge, left on Frogtown to Welles.

Hope this isn't too detailed to be of some use.

Red Truck Hypothesis
MOO MOO
He drove in borrowed red truck with altered plates directly to JDs home. Jogging approach would have left him with too many unknown variables: including identification, injury, and most importantly -JD may have seen him approach. If she saw him approach the house, she may have had time to slam garage door, and call 911. I think the red truck was used to get as close to the house a possible and lay in wait. Imagine if he jogged up and garage door was shut? Certainly she wouldn’t open the door to him. With the truck, he could watch her return and close in quickly, pulling in behind her and blocking exit. A natural response from her may have been to get out and see who it was, and since she didn’t recognize the car or plate......
After JD was hurt or worse, he could have put her in red truck, not her car. He would not want evidence of the assault in her car. He could have next drove her car to the park and then jogged to house. Then he would clean and take her and trash in red truck to wherever he placed her. We know what he did w bags. The important part of this hypotheses is that he was guessing he would never be tied to the red truck. All he had to do was store the bags at another home or location until he swapped his truck back. This way JDs car, or his, were never exposed to direct DNA evidence from JD. However he did run the risk of contaminating his truck from the bags, but I think this part was a surprise. If he hadn’t had to clean and then dispose of the bags, the red truck would have been the only possible source of evidence, the simplest plan. He probably washed that truck at the car wash after he removed JD and then stored the bags

Edit:typos

NP is full of it. Grandstanding. Every lawyer does it to some extent.

With the caveats that I am not a criminal lawyer and not licensed in CT - No, the state doesn’t have to share the evidence against FD with the defense yet. They will in the normal course of discovery prior to trial.

What I believe NP is suggesting is that the state is holding exculpatory evidence, meaning evidence that suggests FD is not guilty. The Brady Rule, named after Brady v. Maryland, 373 U.S. 83 (1963), requires the state to disclose materially exculpatory evidence in the its possession to the defense.

I am going to guess the evidence that is being “held” by the state is far from exculpatory and thus not subject to Brady.
Awesome info. Thanks.

jmo

Yikes I stated that poorly, no new idea

I think those charges will be amended and to be included with additional charges related to murder before we see those current charges alone ever go to trial

And I honestly think that NP is well aware of that likelihood

He's going at this like he's already defending a murder case and I think he's trying to force prosecutors to show their hand

Hopefully the judge will only make the prosecution say that the seized items are relevant to the ongoing missing persons investigation and prosecutors won't be forced to explain why each item is significant

While I'm dying to know what all they have as far as evidence, I am ok knowing that those things need to be held close to the vest until prosecutors are sure they have everything they need to proceed

JMO
Okay, got it (and I agree).

jmo

JMO
sbm

I am very curious if they have witnesses, in addition to video, who can testify against him/them regarding their locations at any point during the day. I really want someone to have seen him/them and will be able to be a real-live witness against their wrongdoing. I'll take video/pings, etc. too....but there will be something satisfying about a person saying, "I saw what you did and I stand witness against you."

jmo

edited to clarify: I don't expect a witness to the actual murder - just people who can place him/them at specific locations that day.

Wow, that is very helpful.
By dangerous, do you mean in terms of traffic and getting hit by a car or the danger of being seen? If many people jog along those roads, how likely is it that he would have been noticed?
How long do you think it would take to get from Lapham Road to Welles Lane, at an average jogging pace?
How much distance is there between the dangerous area from Frogtown into Welles? Is it over a mile? Would someone be basically running along the shoulder of a busy highway where there are cars constantly passing by?
The 'dangerous' reference was the traffic. It wouldn't be odd at all to see someone running but obviously someone might recall having seen him, especially if they almost hit him around a turn. It's just over 3 miles so distance wise no issue and he'd probably do it in under a half hour. The dangerous part from Weed to Welles on Frogtown is a little more than a mile. It's a curvy road and people drive too fast and often cross the line around turns. But it's probably a 25-40 mph type road depending on the stretch, far from a highway but well traveled as it's one of only a few East/West crossings in town.

Maybe more of a NP move in his strategic plan(?)
Could be. A poster suggested he was wearing a rubber glove which might explain why similar gloves may have been found in the garbage bags (in his defense) but then someone said it might have been a therapeutic glove that he was wearing recently in view of the media.
So for all we know, maybe he injured his hand while in the process of carrying out the crime. Imo

Personally I think he is pushing for discovery documents, so that he can see what they are up against and come up with a strategy to use against future murder charges.

I don't think he has any thoughts of actually ever going to trial on the current charges as they stand

He knows that he is undoubtedly prepping for a murder trial defense

And yes he is also undoubtedly blowing a lot of hot air in the process

JMO

This is what I think as well. He's at a stand still until he knows what they have against his client.
jmo

The 'dangerous' reference was the traffic. It wouldn't be odd at all to see someone running but obviously someone might recall having seen him, especially if they almost hit him around a turn. It's just over 3 miles so distance wise no issue and he'd probably do it in under a half hour. The dangerous part from Weed to Welles on Frogtown is a little more than a mile. It's a curvy road and people drive too fast and often cross the line around turns. But it's probably a 25-40 mph type road depending on the stretch, far from a highway but well traveled as it's one of only a few East/West crossings in town.
He could have followed the tracks just to the east of Weed St then followed Indian Waters Dr to the end. At that point it is a short walk through the woods to come out behind her house. Maybe 150 yards?

BBM. According to Hartford Courant, investigators believe the attack occurred in a time frame between 8:30 and 10:30am. I'm not sure why they believe that 10:30 would be still feasible. Could they be vague on purpose?
A few other things could help narrow down the time frame. The obvious one would be her cell phone data (e.g. a late call to/from a friend). Also, if the clothes she was wearing for the school run were found in the house that would mean that she wasn't attacked on her way back.
Can anyone estimate how much time would take the perp from the start of the attack till they left NC (likely from Waveny Park)? More than an hour? How much of that time in the house?

I believe the realtor photos of her home show an alarm system control panel on the mudroom side of the door between the garage and the mudroom. Even if not armed, it could have a door sensor that would record when that door was opened and this information could be retrieved from the alarm company files

Could be. A poster suggested he was wearing a rubber glove which might explain why similar gloves may have been found in the garbage bags (in his defense) but then someone said it might have been a therapeutic glove that he was wearing recently in view of the media.
So for all we know, maybe he injured his hand while in the process of carrying out the crime. Imo

Yes. The blood sample found on the kitchen faucet handle doesnt exclude his blood being on it, mixed with hers

I believe the realtor photos of her home show an alarm system control panel on the mudroom side of the door between the garage and the mudroom. Even if not armed, it could have a door sensor that would record when that door was opened and this information could be retrieved from the alarm company files
Alarm companies can monitor when doors are armed and disarmed. They don’t monitor regular door openings when the system is disarmed.

CT is filled with those very narrow, curvy back roads. When each of my 3 sons got their drivers licenses, I was constantly nervous about them driving!

Through-out High School & after, they had friends in neighboring towns (Easton, Ridgefield, Darien, Westport, Fairfield, etc) and all with those scary, dangerous back roads.

It didn’t matter if it were day or night, I worried until they were home. Sadly, they lost a few of their friends on those roads.

ETA: I doubt there are many joggers, including FD, on those roads.

MOO

Last edited:
sbm

I am very curious if they have witnesses, in addition to video, who can testify against him/them regarding their locations at any point during the day. I really want someone to have seen him/them and will be able to be a real-live witness against their wrongdoing. I'll take video/pings, etc. too....but there will be something satisfying about a person saying, "I saw what you did and I stand witness against you."

jmo

edited to clarify: I don't expect a witness to the actual murder - just people who can place him/them at specific locations that day.

Yah

It would be ideal to have a witness that actually saw FD at 69 welles lane that day, but its not absolutely necessary IMO

There are various ways that FD can be placed there, DNA evidence(some they already have) cell data, cctv, traffic cams etc

Whether or not somebody actually saw him enter the residence would likely be a very fortunate slim chance.

I think many of his activities were probably done within the garage with the doors down and with no chance of being seen

IE not any carrying out evidence going back and forth etc

So we are talking about probably only a few small moments that FD would likely be seen and the way the house is situated on that corner lot I think the chances are very slim IMO

Same goes for neighbor surveillance video

I think the best we can hope for if things played out the way I'm now leaning is video of a vehicle approaching JD's home from further down Welles lane.

I think if they had video or eye witness of him actually entering the residence that day we would probably already have murder charges filed, of course thats just my opinion as there could also be various reasons that we have not yet seen charges of murder

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members