Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he does, there will be more delay, delay, delay tactics. I bet you are right though. Now....will he say he is broke and want a public defender?
I really wonder if a PD might not do a better job than Pattis & Crew? It seems like Pattis is off to a rocky start so far. FD finding an alibi looks like a longshot too at this point IMO.

I really wonder if Pattis will stick around if murder charges are filed? Trying a murder case is hugely expensive and I'm not sure he has the $$$ to float it pro bono and its unlikely FD can get the money from FORE anytime soon either.

I also wonder if the alibi never comes together for FD, will Pattis stick around for murder charges?
MOO

Concerning the cell phones...I worked in a professional capacity (I am not LE) with a police chief of a town that shares a common border with the town of Farmington. It was explained to me that he had done well in his career and was very wealthy because he had created lethal and pretty much unstoppable cell phone cracking technology that was also capable of retrieving any deleted/scrubbed info. Apparently he patented it and sold it to LE departments all over the world. Living here I have seen how friendly LE is with each other and the sharing of technology and information they do. I can't imagine a town so close (or even NC or state police) wouldn't have this or at least have benefited from his creation.

Last edited:
I'm not saying that it should not have been noted for the record. She would have had a termination letter from the health plan. This divorce was headed for a trial, not a settlement, IMO. All evidence would be presented at that time. I just get the sense that if JD lawyer had not tried to play the game with a High Conflict Personality that things would have progressed much faster. MOO
IMO if her lawyer had not vigorously represented JD, FD would have trampled all over her rights. There can be no doubt FD should never have been given custody of those children. They were entitled to receive financial support from their father and it was his moral obligation to pay it. I do not think JD or her lawyer did a single thing wrong in standing up to FD. He murdered his wife because he is a malignant narcissist, who was going to "win" at any cost That is 100% on him..

Finally I could get back here! Using Safari made only this site redirect to those “You have won” sites so I started using Chrome on my phone. Problem solved. I guess that won’t happen to all but in case it does, FYI. Blocking all cookies won’t work as the site requires them. I’ll report this so mods will know.
Safari browser is junk. Chrome is the best, IMHO.

If he does, there will be more delay, delay, delay tactics. I bet you are right though. Now....will he say he is broke and want a public defender?

Speaking of broke, how is FD paying the $500k bond?! Since he only paid x% of total. Is there a payment schedule like a mortgage? I can’t imagine how he would be covering that expense on top of everything else.

Speaking of broke, how is FD paying the $500k bond?! Since he only paid x% of total. Is there a payment schedule like a mortgage? I can’t imagine how he would be covering that expense on top of everything else.
You only have to post the bond as security for skipping town basically. So you pay the premium % to bonding co., and they post the bond and if you do try to flee, the court would call on the bond for the $ and you would then owe the bonding company $500k. It’s a little like insurance but not quite. It’s called suretyship in the law. Bottom line is he only pays the full amount if he fails to show up for a hearing etc.

Pattis again in yesterday's hearing brought up the issue of FD phone being taken and not returned by NCPD on the 25th. It sounds like Pattis plans to attempt to get the FD iPhoneX excluded and all fruits from the phone excluded as well.

Judge said he wouldn't comment on the issue and that No Case Norm has to send in a motion on the issue and Colangelo would have to prepare a response.

Language from arrest warrant on the FD phone. Could this be an issue for the State's case?

phone.png

@Tink56, I sucked it up and went back and rewatched this section again because I wasn't sure what I had said was correct.

Glad I did because I was incorrect before on what I responded (will try to delete my prior post as its wrong). Sent message off to Mod to delete post 1446 as it is wrong. Sorry to all and to @Tink56-my bad!

Think its at the 35 min mark on the video:

No Case Norm tells the Judge that FD is going to be deposed in the GF civil case. No news here. No Case Norm then says that he will draft a motion outlining a request for FD to attend the deposition of MT in the civil case. This would mean that FD would be sitting in the conference room with MT while she gives her deposition on the civil case and this would violate the current no contact order so would have to be approved by the court. Colangelo jumped on this and said he would review it but if he couldn't agree then he would ask the Judge for a hearing. But I wonder what Atty Bowman is going to think of this issue as well as he is the one that fought to get the MT no contact order. Not sure what is going on here? Seems like pure intimidation from Pattis and FD on the surface, but what else could be going on? Ideas?????

Sorry for any confusion about this! I totally missed the part about FD physically sitting in on the MT deposition. Curious to see how this gets resolved.

MOO
Thanks for taking the time to watch the end again....I'll try again tomorrow, but I trust your summary. :)

Oh, my....NP doesn't seem to respect for the judicial system. The co-defendant has been forbidden to make contact with the other at the behest of her lawyer and the judge gave an order to that effect.

Obviously FD wants MT to know what story they should be telling about the finances of Fore Group. What a joke. How can NP suggest these things with a straight face???? :mad:

Note after you do the below you will have to log into WS again with name and password. It’s the only way to get rid of “the you won”. These “you won” get attached to our sites so tell the admins, and also to your backups when you download from iTunes, always down load your back ups from Cloud. Apple told me that. The below works.

You have to clear all cookies....that will get rid of those irritating “you won”. Go to settings, scroll down to Safari, click on Safari, scroll to Clear History and Website Data, click on it.

You lose the cookies but you get rid of the I won and also all the cookies you don’t want.

Sorry this is off topic.

Thanks! I had tried those things but somehow still was having those issues so I tried Chrome and no more issues plus I love Chrome! How weird that I’d never done that before to check on what I was told long ago, that Chrome won’t work on iPhones! This is far better! Thanks!!!

Totally see this!

I mean FD doesn't even really have to have a convo with MT as he has No Case Norm as his very public go between! No contact order between the 2 of the lovebirds is meaningless too IMO with all the Pattis chatter too. I don't get why Bowman hasn't complained on behalf of his client!?! I also don't get why the Judge didn't gag Pattis from talking about MT at the same time he issued the no contact order as between the Pattis patter and PT2/Atty Smith showing up in full threatening scowling mode to lurk at the last MT hearing with the message to MT that, "we are watching you"! I think it would take an idiot to not feel threatened and frankly under siege from these clowns.

I think FD was perhaps inspired to 'play cupid' with the lovelorn KM based on the inspiration he had received from Pattis!! Who would have thought that No Case Norm is a romantic at heart!?! Do I believe this? Nope. My guess is Pattis told FD to get his alibi in order and the debacle that followed with KM wife was the result as part of some convoluted tit for tat deal between the 2 dads in divorce hell.

The other tip off I thought to the fact that there could just be something to the testimony of KM STBX was how quickly and viciously Pattis responded to discredit the female victim (his comments came out in the press the same day the story on the testimony hit the papers!). This victim shaming/blaming could have just been a reflexive motion from Pattis as he is always quick to blame/shame the victim, particularly if they are female or criticizing him, but I don't think so in this case! I think this KM case has to be watched closely because there is something there and I am curious if FD will ever show up for deposition?

All this with KM/STBX got me thinking that could we potentially have a plan between KM and FD to remove themselves from divorce hell by removing each others wives? Bit out there perhaps but stranger things have happened. IDK. Pure speculation sure but that testimony from KM STBX sure was painting a clear picture as to what she thought was going on and the suggested makeup trip to Greece between KM/STBX by FD was the cherry on top of the sundae that this was not some virtuous move by FD!

Big MOO!

I definitely think they teamed up against their "enemies".

FD contacted KM's STBX before Jennifer went missing, probably wanted KM to be indebted to him so he could use him for an alibi. Not that I doubt he and Norm are both just hopeless romantics.....NP probably shakes his hair out and sees Flavio (?) in the mirror.

MOO

Regarding FD's relatives caring for the children:

JD had complained of their lax supervision and how they had trouble finding one of the children under the relative's watch. IIRC the event took place at the pond and was there another instance at 4JC?

Regarding FD's relatives caring for the children:

JD had complained of their lax supervision and how they had trouble finding one of the children under the relative's watch. IIRC the event took place at the pond and was there another instance at 4JC?

Didn’t FD claim that JD lost one of the children in another country, and police got involved in finding the child? I wonder if that was in response to the above charge by JD? Seems like that is what FD always does when he or someone working on his behalf does something wrong.

Jennifer Dulos disappearance: 3 CT cases where suspicion also fell on husband
*The most obvious parallel to the Dulos case — with divergent outcomes — is that of Durst and Crafts, with the absence of a body found thus far.
*In each of the cases, suspicion fell on the women’s spouses due to mainly circumstantial evidence — another similarity to the Dulos case.
*But investigators found that Connie Dabate’s Fitbit kept tracking her movements for about an hour after the time her husband said she was murdered. Her Facebook account also showed she had posted on her profile while at home nearly 45 minutes after her husband said she was killed
*wonder if Jen had a Fitbit

Didn’t FD claim that JD lost one of the children in another country, and police got involved in finding the child? I wonder if that was in response to the above charge by JD? Seems like that is what FD always does when he or someone working on his behalf does something wrong.
Yes, I remember that too. I can't remember if he complained that she didn't involve the police or because she did.

It is never poor FD's fault! Poor, poor FD.

MOO

Pattis again in yesterday's hearing brought up the issue of FD phone being taken and not returned by NCPD on the 25th. It sounds like Pattis plans to attempt to get the FD iPhoneX excluded and all fruits from the phone excluded as well.

Judge said he wouldn't comment on the issue and that No Case Norm has to send in a motion on the issue and Colangelo would have to prepare a response.

Language from arrest warrant on the FD phone. Could this be an issue for the State's case?

View attachment 197936
MOO
Like most of you, if not all, I believe FD planned his attack on JD. I also believe he is meticulous, charming, intelligent and devious. I’ve said before & I’ll say it again, the answers we are seeking are in the moves FD has made vs the ones he has not.

From his calculated positioning of his phone during the day of the attack, through the dumping of the bags and the still altered license plates, until he walked into that police station, every single solitary move was planned and has a meaning. Once JD was known to be missing, FD HAD to talk to the authorities. Normal decency required his ‘concern and attention’ to the seriousness of the situation. He may have been going through a contentious divorce with JD, but she still was the mother of his children. To not meet with those looking for her during those urgent first moments would have made him look bad publicly, like a callous “monster”- or even guilty. So, FD mimicked the proper emotion and movements he knew were required of him. But IMO, he also used the moment for part of his meticulously calculated plan.

Remember FD’s little kitchen interview? (Now stick with me here, I’m going to push the envelope on how many layers of deviousness and pre-planning we can believe.) FD flat out told everyone, that he KNEW he would be a suspect in JDs disappearance. But don’t forget, we are analyzing the situation with the ‘given’ that FD killed JD. So when he says that, he is saying he knew he would be looked at, WHILE he was planning the murder. Every step he made took that into consideration. Now back to the visit to the Police Station. Here’s how he used that moment for HIS plan: yes, it fulfilled his need to look like a concerned dad, but it also gave him time to screw up LE and any future arrest and court case. When he went to the meeting, he TOOK his phone with him, he GAVE it to them. He knew darn well they were not going to hand it back to him. He was sure to ask for it back before he left, again knowing they weren’t going to give it back, so later he could claim, as NP put it, the police “stole” it. All I have to say is Appeal, appeal, appeal. Or at the very least, all evidence from it, or leading from evidence found on it-thrown out. Very telling is the fact , as the warrant notes, FD did not cooperate with the investigation. He only went to the police department to fulfill his plan; he looked like an anguished dad and he set the grounds for evidence to be thrown out and , if needed, an appeal.
Keep in mind, as you consider my meandering flow chart of backwards steps, it has now come to light, FDs closest buddy during this time of planning, was an attorney. ( no offense to all you other great attorneys out there!!)
MOO MOO

Indeed he did. Has been saying since day one that LE had no warrant to confiscate his phone. That it was essentially a theft. However, FD allegedly handed it over willingly. Need the legal eagles to weigh in on this.
Yes, I saw FD's raised eyebrows. Clearly he doesn't understand, nor doesn't care that his siblings can't talk to his children. I even question how close they are to his children? GF has it all in hand, IMO. Smart woman with smart lawyers and armed guards. An elderly, grieving mother with money and moxie and the fortitude to carry on. God bless her. MOO.
Police can seize a phone without a warrant, but must obtain a court order to search it, which is precisely what LE did in this case. This was a good search. Funny thing about NP's claim, though. He has been saying the call on that phone to Greece the morning JD disappeared establishes FD's innocence. If the contents of those calls are so favorable to NP's client why is he trying to suppress the evidence found on the phone? Defendants typically do not try to suppress evidence that is favorable to their case.

Last edited:
Police can seize a phone without a warrant, but must obtain a court order to search it, which is precisely what LE did in this case. This was a good search. Funny thing about NP's claim, though. He has been saying the call on that phone to Greece the morning JD disappeared establish FD's innocence. If the contents of those calls are so favorable to NP's client why is he trying to suppress the evidence found on the phone. Defendants typically do not try to suppress evidence that is favorable to their case.
Yeah and his voluntary handing it over also supports the police on this. He consented to their possessing it. And then they got an appropriate warrant to actually search it, which is proper procedure.

MOO
Like most of you, if not all, I believe FD planned his attack on JD. I also believe he is meticulous, charming, intelligent and devious. I’ve said before & I’ll say it again, the answers we are seeking are in the moves FD has made vs the ones he has not.

From his calculated positioning of his phone during the day of the attack, through the dumping of the bags and the still altered license plates, until he walked into that police station, every single solitary move was planned and has a meaning. Once JD was known to be missing, FD HAD to talk to the authorities. Normal decency required his ‘concern and attention’ to the seriousness of the situation. He may have been going through a contentious divorce with JD, but she still was the mother of his children. To not meet with those looking for her during those urgent first moments would have made him look bad publicly, like a callous “monster”- or even guilty. So, FD mimicked the proper emotion and movements he knew were required of him. But IMO, he also used the moment for part of his meticulously calculated plan.

Remember FD’s little kitchen interview? (Now stick with me here, I’m going to push the envelope on how many layers of deviousness and pre-planning we can believe.) FD flat out told everyone, that he KNEW he would be a suspect in JDs disappearance. But don’t forget, we are analyzing the situation with the ‘given’ that FD killed JD. So when he says that, he is saying he knew he would be looked at, WHILE he was planning the murder. Every step he made took that into consideration. Now back to the visit to the Police Station. Here’s how he used that moment for HIS plan: yes, it fulfilled his need to look like a concerned dad, but it also gave him time to screw up LE and any future arrest and court case. When he went to the meeting, he TOOK his phone with him, he GAVE it to them. He knew darn well they were not going to hand it back to him. He was sure to ask for it back before he left, again knowing they weren’t going to give it back, so later he could claim, as NP put it, the police “stole” it. All I have to say is Appeal, appeal, appeal. Or at the very least, all evidence from it, or leading from evidence found on it-thrown out. Very telling is the fact , as the warrant notes, FD did not cooperate with the investigation. He only went to the police department to fulfill his plan; he looked like an anguished dad and he set the grounds for evidence to be thrown out and , if needed, an appeal.
Keep in mind, as you consider my meandering flow chart of backwards steps, it has now come to light, FDs closest buddy during this time of planning, was an attorney. ( no offense to all you other great attorneys out there!!)
MOO MOO

Legally speaking...FD set up a "Fruit from the Forbidden Tree" defense, eh? UGLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member