Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If, and it is a big if, FD had a decent lawyer on the divorce case which is now nonexistent, but some maneuvers might be used in the civil case, FD would be playing the financial game differently. IMO.

The last two and one half years I’ve watched a psychologist friend and ex husband play a similar financial game where he has played every game imaginable in not turning in documents. He has gone from a multi millionaire to now filing bankruptcy! So he says, ha ha! Without financial documents, who knows? Is there a school rich men go to on how to play the court system while staying out of jail or not paying huge fines?

Why do the judges let them get by with this? The IRS is on this other case too. It is out of my comprehension why this is permitted. It seems to drive the women crazier as they have the major role in caring for the children, never knowing what the father is planning behind her back, or calls at the last minute that he can’t take kiddos for his weekend, etc. in these cases where one person is responsible for not cooperating, the judge should give one time frame. If it is missed, the judge will settle it! Stop this BS that is going on..!

The courts don’t seem to want to settle it and move on-no idea why this is. My cynical side thinks it is to keep the money train rolling for the lawyers. There is a lot of money in keeping these things from being settled. But somehow, I don’t think that is it. I just cannot understand how so many judges let guys like FD and their lawyers run circles around them-why do they lose control of their courtrooms?

I wonder most about bringing the cell phones to Albany. When, if ever, did they realize, whoops! Shouldn't have done THAT!

I have to wonder, in this day and age of cameras everywhere, would FD had been more successful if he had just showed up through the woods,
There would have been cameras there somewhere IMO. I don't see how FD uses that transfer station without leaving some sort of evidentiary trail. MOO!
I agree, but I would have to think

The interviewer started the interview by referring to JD in the past tense too...I wonder if this was intentional to see if FD would follow.

Just rewatched Fotis’ Dateline interview, and just wanted to bring forward.

I think I’ve got them verbatim:

Jennifer was always a very beautiful person and she continues to be...

She was a great mother. I think she was an excellent mother...and I hope she continues to be an excellent mother.”

If she’s “alive,” you’d damn well better to use the correct tenses pal. Gotta admit though, he was pretty slick in seamlessly catching and correcting himself.

And there’s more. His quote at 0.45 in this clip:

“.....and I’m still hoping that it (corrects himself) she’s going to show up.”

NBC News Exclusive: Interview with husband of missing Connecticut woman

I don't see how FD could have used a transfer station in any town. The are mostly primarily stops for specific items, electronics, textiles, recyclable items, unwanted small appliances etc. They have bins around the perimeter of a large pull in area and you pull your car next to or near the bin you want to off load to. In my town, you carry the items into a trailer. They are wide open areas. Very difficult to mask a wrapped up body carried to a bin. Besides, all the transfer areas that have been mentioned on this thread have rather stringent residency requirements and attendants to be sure the rule are adhered to. The attendants check your license for residency and check for a permit sticker. Tough to get past. Plus, cameras are present to prevent abuse.
But, most of all, everything is out in the open, he would have been seen and remembered and whatever bin would he have put her, unwanted appliance?
I think he had the altered plates on the red pick up and put her body in a commercial dumpster in a minority neighborhood in Waterbury or New Britain.
Then he repeated the pattern with the bloody rags etc. on Albany Ave. later the same day.
He could have done this well within the timeline because those cities are on the way up I-84 back to Farmington.
I also think that is why LE stopped their discussion of his whereabouts etc. at the intersection of I-84 and 8. That is either not a finished timeline for them or it is and it comes out in the murder warrent. MOO MOO MOO

I have to wonder, in this day and age of cameras everywhere, would FD had been more successful if he had just showed up through the woods,

I agree, but I would have to think

The interviewer started the interview by referring to JD in the past tense too...I wonder if this was intentional to see if FD would follow.

I thought the same thing about the cameras.

And yes, when FD originally used past tense then immediately corrected himself, the interviewer said “you use present tense”....I was thinking, he just corrected himself.

As far as the whole past tense thing goes, that in itself is not an definitive indicator of guilt, as I have seen people use past tense in other cases and then the MP was found alive. But in this case, imo, it seems hinky, moo.

What I’m wondering is why did he agree to do the interview in the first place? Did he think his charm and cool demeanor was going to win people over? Likely a classic narcissist, moo.

Another thing I noted, and paraphrasing as I don’t have the exact quote handy, was when he was asked if he was innocent and said yes but then immediately went into a “I can’t talk about it bc my attorney...”

It blows my mind, all these men, Watts, Peterson, Frazee...it just never ends, not to mention the infinite number of other cases out there.

I know my input is likely not anything new to in anyone here who has been following this case closely. Just wanted to share a few thoughts after the Dateline. IMO it seems there is quite a bit of evidence against him and I would anticipate a conviction.

His attorney now...his attempts to refute things on the Dateline were not effective, imo. Even if one refutes all the evidence, how do you (for one) explain the license plates?

This seems to be a no brainer, moo.

Last edited:
Thursday, Sept. 12th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ am ET) – CT – Jennifer Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan) – only for *Fotis Dulos (51) arrested (6/2/19), charged (6/1/19) & arraigned (6/3/19) with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence & hindering prosecution. Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond (6/12/19). Bond conditions on any bond release. Must be posted at courthouse, passport must be surrendered & must submit to GPS monitoring.
*Arrested & charged (9/4/19) with tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from work colleague. $500K bond. Posted bond (9/4/19).
6/3/19: Arraignment hearing. Prosecutor tells judge that State expects more charges to be filed in this case. 6/12/19: Bond hearing. Posted bond with conditions. Next pretrial hearing on 8/2.
7/16/19 Update: Fotis’s defense team is planning on filing a motion to discovery of Jennifer’s medical records, as well as a motion to dismiss, by early next week.
7/18/19 Update: FD is being sued by a HVAC company. He’s due on court 8/5.
8/2/19 Update: Hearing postponed to 8/9.
8/9/19 Update: Court to hear arguments on 5 motions, incl. defense motion to dismiss charges, Defense attorney Pattis request for Jennifer Dulos’ medical records, says records could prove his theory that Jennifer Dulos was despondent when she went missingn on May 24. Judge Blawie denies Pattis motion, but left it open if Pattis develops more info down the line. Motion to return personal items seized in investigation. STATE: Chevy Suburban and Jeep Cherokee may be returned. PATTIS: Why not electronic items? State isn’t telling us what they’re still doing with items. 4th amendment uses “reasonable” for a reason. Judge says return of cars (not Ford Raptor) but nothing else (no phones or hard drives which had been requested by Pattis). Judge Blawie also has denied removal of ankle bracelet to wrist bracelet because he is afraid that it won’t keep proper tabs on Dulos. Judge Blawie says FD precluded from contact with Troconis. Pattis will appeal gag order to Supreme Court. Judge said he’ll consider arguments, more briefs before ruling on the gag order motion request by prosecutors. Briefs due by 8/19. DA says Fotus has tried to contact his children thru a 3rd party. Judge says he does not want relatives of Fotis Dulos to try and facilitate a meeting or conversation between Fotis & the Dulos children. Bail restrictions prohibit him from contacting his children. Judge brings up motion to dismiss. Colangelo says he’ll file objection by next court date, which he says will be 9/13.
9/4/19 Update: Dulos was arrested on Wednesday (9/4/19) afternoon for the second time in connection with the case. He was charged for tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from a work colleague on the same day his wife, Jennifer, disappeared that was later found to contain traces of her blood. Dulos was released on Wednesday after posting a $500K bond hours after he was taken into custody. His lawyer, Norm Pattis, said Dulos planned to plead not guilty at an arraignment scheduled next Thursday, 9/12.
*Michelle Tronconis (44) – Motions hearing from 7/18 continued to 9/20.

I’m at my usual countless pages behind, and typically try to catch up before posting, but since you directly address your post personally to me, I’m going to jump right in. To others desperately trying to keep up,I apologize in advance if some of my thoughts are repetitive!! I know everyone only has so much time to read and contribute to this forum each day!

My theory is just a theory; a suggestion of a way to analyze the information we have in order to reach a conclusion. I am not sure what you mean by whether or not I put it here in “good faith”? I made the suggestion as a way to fill in an equation that I felt was not adding up. My intentions were as honest as everyone else on WS who is throwing out suggestions, theories or hypotheses in trying to ‘solve’ this murder. Also like most WSers, I have no first person knowledge or personal involvement in this issue! I have nothing to gain or lose in the outcome of this case, and therefore would not intentionally post anything meant to deceive or falsely direct free thinking!

I’m more than a little taken aback by your suggestion that I may be. If you read my previous posts, I have been clear about my process of flow chart thinking and my approach to analysis.

That said, I’m really more taken aback by your statement, “I also am certain Pattis is doing a fist pump as he reads it”, in regard to my post! I don’t know where to start...Do you really imagine NP is sitting around keeping abreast of WS??? I mean, it takes quite a bit of time to get through these pages. You actually think between filing ridiculously superfluous motions, grandstanding on whatever air time he can find, shuffling between clients and meetings, spending his time on his couch, and just thinking deeply in general, he is now “fist pumping” over my post? Like he’s digging through countless blogs to come up with that one idea, one morsel from someone so far removed from the case that it’s going to be the “yes” moment he’s looking for? I sincerely doubt my theory is the gem for which he has been searching. I’m sorry, but to me that’s almost laughable.

I’m going to go out on a very short limb here to say, if I’ve thought it, guaranteed NP or his minions have thought it. And I’m going to also propose quite strongly, that my suggestions about anger felt by MT are most likely correct, as they’re realistic emotions experienced someone in her position. I said previously exactly what I meant, the equation doesn’t add up TO ME. I suggested, in order for FD to potentially trade a divorce action for a murder charge , there had to be a catalyst- rage. I suggested that catalyst may be found in the other person 100 % directly involved in FDs life; the person who had completely turned her life upside down to be with him, and the person FD and NP would absolutely be trying to manipulate the most.

I think you’re incorrect in assuming FD would simply move on from MT if she was making “demands”. You’re forgetting my major premise, ‘follow the money’. It seems apparent, MT is drenched in the shenanigans of FORE and who knows what else. She may have not been so easily dumped. She knows a lot. There is that peaty bank loan for one. MT also put a lot on the line to finally end up at JC. And she put her child there with her. In my estimation, as the holiday weekend loomed, the first with 5 additional children taking their father’s time, MT was a little out of sorts. I will go back to my original question. Where were MT and her child supposed to spend the weekend? Do you know?

I think it’s more important to examine the “good faith” offered by MT in this scenario than me; the “good faith” she has exhibited since meeting a married father of five through the violent disappearance of his wife; the “ good faith” she has exhibited by lying through the investigation. IMO NP is fist pumping over her inability to be honest, not my ability to ‘add’. IMO AB is rueing the day he met MT and FD. IMO both FD and MT are thick as thieves. IMO JD deserved much better. May she Rest In Peace.

MOO

Dear @Chicago54

I am sorry; I re-read my post and it was very wrong to imply that your opinion may have been in bad faith.

I should have known better. I was reacting to your post as if you said, “Michelle is the real murderer here, not Fotis.” But that was a misread on my part.

Perhaps I should have turned off my flashlight and turned down my blankie earlier.

Please accept my apology @Chicago54

Humbly, Ruminations

Oh, gracious, I undoubtedly sounded sanctimonious when I shouldn’t have and didn’t mean to when I wrote that. It’s a life passion and daily effort of mine and STILL I screw up! Ack! On timeout, I’m sure I was headed there recently so I put myself in timeout preemptively especially because I wasn’t even repentant; I should probably head back to that “sad face” corner now as a result! MOO.

I’ve been on timeout before (on another thread) for being argumentative...maybe more than once! I’m trying to behave, but at least on this thread, it isn’t difficult.

Dear @Chicago54

I am sorry; I re-read my post and it was very wrong to imply that your opinion may have been in bad faith.

I should have known better. I was reacting to your post as if you said, “Michelle is the real murderer here, not Fotis.” But that was a misread on my part.

Perhaps I should have turned off my flashlight and turned down my blankie earlier.

Please accept my apology @Chicago54

Humbly, Ruminations
Thank you, @Ruminations. I appreciate it. I know we all share the same sorrow for Jennifer, her children, her family and friends. I know our hearts cry out for all those responsible to be punished. I know the amount of unnecessary pain already felt and the amount of pain Jennifer’s children have yet to feel makes this conversation more than difficult.
I sincerely hope our dialogue aids in helping DV victims in the future.

It seems to drive the women crazier as they have the major role in caring for the children, never knowing what the father is planning behind her back, or calls at the last minute that he can’t take kiddos for his weekend
Calls at the last minute to not take the kids on their weekend is a DV Abuser tactic to maintain control over the woman’s schedule.

That transcript was very, very revealing. What a weasel. He will never be able to take the stand in his criminal trial IMO because he would make a terrible witness. The jury would hate him. All his aggression, evasion, and arrogance jumps off the page in those few segments of his testimony. That kind of approach may work in family court; in a criminal trial, no way. A very interesting glimpse into Mr. Dulos' personality and his desire for an 'amicable' divorce.

He was also cooking the books. One set for the banks, the other for the family court judge. I bet LE has every transcript from every hearing.
And, IMO, this is just the tip of the iceberg around his financial shenanigans. Much more lies beneath. MOO!

Interesting article from SA about how FD could have gotten from Lapham to Welles with an interactive map of the options:

Jennifer Dulos disappearance: The route Fotis Dulos could have taken from Waveny to Welles Lane

Quotes from article:
"How Fotis Dulos allegedly arrived at his wife’s house at 69 Welles Lane, about three-and-a-half miles away from where police say the Tacoma was parked, remains unclear. The belief is that he either walked, ran or rode a bike to the home, sources close to the investigation said".

"The most likely routes for Fotis Dulos, 52, however, would have taken him down highly trafficked and narrow streets, like Old Stamford Road and Weed Street, which are particularly busy at that time of the day".

"On foot, the quickest route would’ve been down Old Stamford Road to Weed Street, where he could’ve turned on to Indian Waters Drive, a private road ending in a cul-de-sac. From here, he could have cut across woods into the Welles Lane property’s backyard in a total of about 40 minutes".

"The second-quickest route would have been from Old Stamford Road, down Jeliff Mill Road, to Spring Water Lane, which ends about a third of a mile short of Jennifer Dulos’ backyard. This trip, however, would’ve taken close to 50 minutes while walking".

"On Wednesday, around the time Fotis Dulos would have allegedly been walking in the area on May 24, parents and their children could be seen waiting at the end of their driveways for school buses".

"Police have not said whether anyone saw Fotis Dulos along any of these routes that morning or if he was captured on residential security systems along the way. But, based on the latest arrest warrants, police believe he was in New Canaan the morning his wife vanished".
Great Post! !

I'm a bit confused. On the Internet news today it said FD will be in court Thursday and Friday? Also that MT will be in court Wednesday? Yesterday? Next week? This was posted as 1 hour ago. Can someone clarify please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyuglybefore