Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The defendants have provided substantial information, all of which is based on fraud and lies..." is what this pleading should read. It is interesting that, even now, Dulos is acting like Fore is some huge Fortune 500 with lots and lots of employees, documents, business ,etc. In fact, he was no actual general contractor, he was just playing at being one.

Even in the best of days, this was a penny ante one man show. It wouldn't take a good forensic accountant much time to figure out what Dulos was up to. Companies are routinely required to provide this type of discovery in civil litigation when it is claimed funds were being siphoned off improperly. I am sure LE has already obtained this information anyway, so Dulos is not going to be able to keep it hidden from scrutiny. This is one more in a long line of pleadings designed to delay the inevitable.
Its interesting about the financial records for FORE which are believed to be Quickbooks and FD has been fighting hard to not surrender these records (these were supposedly due to Civil Court by 3/18 I believe). Weinstein recently filed a motion for default in Civil Court due to this issue with the non delivery of Quickbooks files. FD so far as I can see never provided the Quickbook records in Family Court either so far as I can see prior to the JD missing date but it seemed like Family Court was moving in the direction of pursuing these files.

We learned from Family Court testimony (recently published as an exhibit in a motion by Weinstein in Civil Court), that FD was the ONLY person to input information into Quickbooks. Whether this is true IDK but it is what FD said in Family Court and there has never been any evidence that a bookkeeper was involved or the accountant did anything but compile the books of FORE. We also don't know if MT had access to the Quickbooks files and whether she participated in the input of data?

Its unknown if the Quickbooks were kept on the hard drive of FORE computers or were kept in the cloud, or both. Right now, the State is in possession of the FD computers and MacBook, so perhaps Weinstein can somehow make a motion to 'preserve' these pieces of equipment so that no 'accidents' might befall them as even if they are not current they will provide a wealth of historical data prior to the seizure date IMO! Atty Weinstein is also in pursuit of the FORE mortgage/real estate document from Atty. Markowitz but it appears that Atty. Markowitz is doing everything in his power to keep the files from the Civil Court based on his most recent motion.

MOO

Middletown Press article about GF:
Jennifer Dulos’ mother shows strength amid ‘devastating situation’

Quotes from article:
“She’s the most incredible 84-year-old,” said attorney Richard Weinstein, who is representing her in the civil lawsuits. “She’s a wonderful woman, an intelligent person. We should all be like that at 84. The only thing on her mind right now is the welfare of those kids.”

Friends describe Farber as an avid theatergoer, a constant reader, a woman of humor and longtime tennis fan.

As the director of education for Columbia University’s Head Start Program, Farber spearheaded the drive to make sure the children of West Harlem and Washington Heights started school on a level playing field with their middle- and upper-income peers.

She also was an adjunct professor of education at Columbia University’s Teacher’s College and a founding member of CARING, Children At Risk: Intervention for the Next Generation, a psycho-education and arts program that helps teens and families identify their strengths and express their emotions in positive ways.

She continues to be actively involved in the program, friends said.

Farber was born to first-generation immigrants in Newark, N.J. Her mother was a seamstress from Poland, her father an upholsterer from Russia. She graduated Phi Beta Kappa with a bachelor’s degree in English from Douglass College in Brunswick, N.J., after attending high school in Newark.

She received her master’s of education and a master’s of science from Bank Street College of Education in New York City. In 1958, she married Hilliard Farber, who became the youngest senior vice president, heading the bond trading desk, for Chase Manhattan Bank. He founded the Hilliard Farber Company, an inter-dealer brokerage firm in 1975, serving as chairman and chief executive officer until retiring in 2008.

The couple had two daughters, Jennifer and Melissa. The Farbers were known as philanthropists, starting the Gloria and Hilliard Farber Foundation, which supported educational institutions and aided individuals in pursuing their educational goals. They also were benefactors of St. Ann’s School in Brooklyn Heights, where “Hill” as he was affectionately called, served on the board for decades.

The Farbers were married for 58 “joyous” years, friends said, until Hilliard died in January 2017 following a long illness.

Middletown Press article about GF:
Jennifer Dulos’ mother shows strength amid ‘devastating situation’

Quotes from article:
“She’s the most incredible 84-year-old,” said attorney Richard Weinstein, who is representing her in the civil lawsuits. “She’s a wonderful woman, an intelligent person. We should all be like that at 84. The only thing on her mind right now is the welfare of those kids.”

Friends describe Farber as an avid theatergoer, a constant reader, a woman of humor and longtime tennis fan.

As the director of education for Columbia University’s Head Start Program, Farber spearheaded the drive to make sure the children of West Harlem and Washington Heights started school on a level playing field with their middle- and upper-income peers.

She also was an adjunct professor of education at Columbia University’s Teacher’s College and a founding member of CARING, Children At Risk: Intervention for the Next Generation, a psycho-education and arts program that helps teens and families identify their strengths and express their emotions in positive ways.

She continues to be actively involved in the program, friends said.

Farber was born to first-generation immigrants in Newark, N.J. Her mother was a seamstress from Poland, her father an upholsterer from Russia. She graduated Phi Beta Kappa with a bachelor’s degree in English from Douglass College in Brunswick, N.J., after attending high school in Newark.

She received her master’s of education and a master’s of science from Bank Street College of Education in New York City. In 1958, she married Hilliard Farber, who became the youngest senior vice president, heading the bond trading desk, for Chase Manhattan Bank. He founded the Hilliard Farber Company, an inter-dealer brokerage firm in 1975, serving as chairman and chief executive officer until retiring in 2008.

The couple had two daughters, Jennifer and Melissa. The Farbers were known as philanthropists, starting the Gloria and Hilliard Farber Foundation, which supported educational institutions and aided individuals in pursuing their educational goals. They also were benefactors of St. Ann’s School in Brooklyn Heights, where “Hill” as he was affectionately called, served on the board for decades.

The Farbers were married for 58 “joyous” years, friends said, until Hilliard died in January 2017 following a long illness.

Wonderful article! BBM - unlike FD, where HE'S the only thing on HIS mind. MOO!!

Its interesting about the financial records for FORE which are believed to be Quickbooks and FD has been fighting hard to not surrender these records (these were supposedly due to Civil Court by 3/18 I believe). Weinstein recently filed a motion for default in Civil Court due to this issue with the non delivery of Quickbooks files. FD so far as I can see never provided the Quickbook records in Family Court either so far as I can see prior to the JD missing date but it seemed like Family Court was moving in the direction of pursuing these files.

We learned from Family Court testimony (recently published as an exhibit in a motion by Weinstein in Civil Court), that FD was the ONLY person to input information into Quickbooks. Whether this is true IDK but it is what FD said in Family Court and there has never been any evidence that a bookkeeper was involved or the accountant did anything but compile the books of FORE. We also don't know if MT had access to the Quickbooks files and whether she participated in the input of data?

Its unknown if the Quickbooks were kept on the hard drive of FORE computers or were kept in the cloud, or both. Right now, the State is in possession of the FD computers and MacBook, so perhaps Weinstein can somehow make a motion to 'preserve' these pieces of equipment so that no 'accidents' might befall them as even if they are not current they will provide a wealth of historical data prior to the seizure date IMO! Atty Weinstein is also in pursuit of the FORE mortgage/real estate document from Atty. Markowitz but it appears that Atty. Markowitz is doing everything in his power to keep the files from the Civil Court based on his most recent motion.

MOO
Remember it was stated somewhere when LE went to J4X
it appeared that MT was at the computer deleting files?
Gonna go look for that.
MOO.

@hopepforthebest, In general I agree with your statement completely but this issue of surveillance via cameras has been a longstanding one in NC IMO. IMO this is just NC being NC. NC has had folks like Moynihan as First Selectman for many years and if the Town had a Police Chief that had strong views or an independent will that person IMO would not last 2 minutes with the Police Commission/Selectman IMO. Status Quo is something IMO that the Town of NC does well and many people fight hard and at times 'dirty' and 'behind closed doors' to maintain the Status Quo. IMO this is what we are sadly seeing play out here.

The Town has a vested interest in maintaining the view that "we live in a safe town" and 'there is no emergency". Its a place where people leave their keys in their cars (many get stolen) and children walk around freely downtown and walk to school and area parks all the time. Meanwhile people continue to invest in expensive home security systems and increasingly are putting up gates to improve security.

The NCPD Chief simply tells residents to lock their doors and cars and arm their alarms. IMO this is NOT a viable security plan for a Town in this day and age but its what the Town Selectman want and its what they will go to the mat fighting to maintain. Other area towns, such as Greenwich and Darien, do not share the views of NC Town officials on cameras. I'm glad to see Mike Dinan cover the issue in his paper as he has seen this play out over a long period of time and so well knows the history and process this 'discussion' takes every time it is raised. I'm surprised there isn't more outrage by local voters and certainly from the folks that signed the petition. Perhaps we will see some change with the upcoming election in Town, but having watched this play out for many years, I sadly doubt anything will change. There is always a new "Moynihan" in NC!

MOO

The Boston Tea Party changed “taxation without representation.”
I still have a “Jennifer Alert” system, like Amber and Silver in mind. In PMs.

“United We Stand.” The “Moynihans” of the world need to be changed. And “We, the People” can make it happen.

Not to offend anyone here, but to quote NP, let’s “BRING IT ON!” NP didn’t know how he may have helped fulfill her legacy.

Ok. I’ll put my soap box away.

Jeniffer Farber Dulos will have multiple legacies. Maybe when the cameras get installed, NC can re-christen Waverly Park as “Jennifer’s Park.” She is bringing major changes to our world. In DV, family law, police protocols, public security. We must continue her legacy.
IMOO.

Speaking of the bags, what significance is there in MT admitting to being the one to have purchased them in AW2?
@Twistinginthewind, I went back and looked for a reference to MT purchasing bags and could only find this statement about MT and bags in the FD AW2 (will go and search out MT AW2 now but my recollection was that the 2 docs were mirrors of each other):

upload_2019-9-16_17-26-54.png

This paragraph states that MT brought the bags to 80MS so far as I can tell. Did you find another reference about MT buying the bags?

MOO

215.00 09/16/2019 D OBJECTION TO MOTION
Document.gif
newred.gif

Re Forensic Inspection
http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=17740868
If he’s got nothing to hide, what’s the big deal. Besides, he’s got plenty of free time, for now anyway. :cool:

The missing mat was removed from Jennifer's Suburban, not Dulos', and there is no indication that it was anything other than what came with the SUV. Since LE was asking the public to help it find the mat, if it were a specialty mat, that fact would most likely have been included in LE's request for assistance. The mat that came with the vehicle is not the type you are referring to and does not have a lip. A poster here has listed the dimensions of a rear cargo mat on these vehicles.

Mine was not a specialty mat, it came with the car. It was merely an option to have rubber mats, especially in the back area. Very popular with people that I know

In looking for what I posted above I came across this site.
Easy to follow.Good review from early June.
Will post in media thread.
UPDATE - Defense says records of estranged husband of missing Jennifer Dulos will provide an effective alibi
Good link! I've looked extensively for the MT computer files issue and I believe it is to be found from one of the reporters at the scene when the search warrant was executed that made the statement. I have been unable to find the post, not for lack of trying.

Good link! I've looked extensively for the MT computer files issue and I believe it is to be found from one of the reporters at the scene when the search warrant was executed that made the statement. I have been unable to find the post, not for lack of trying.
I realize that now as I reviewed some of your posts from August 1.
The good thing is that going back it refreshes your memory from the beginning.
I had forgotten that someone openly said he was volatile and difficult to get along with.
Also inferred that LE had been called to the house before.
Not exactly those words.
Makes me wonder what the neighbors were thinking all those times the movers arrived and were turned away by his nibs. Doubt that was a quiet exchange and wonder to what end Jennifer suffered at his hands after they left.
He is a short little bully.
Now I am starting to get mad. MOO.

I realize that now as I reviewed some of your posts from August 1.
The good thing is that going back it refreshes your memory from the beginning.
I had forgotten that someone openly said he was volatile and difficult to get along with.
Also inferred that LE had been called to the house before.
Not exactly those words.
Makes me wonder what the neighbors were thinking all those times the movers arrived and were turned away by his nibs. Doubt that was a quiet exchange and wonder to what end Jennifer suffered at his hands after they left.
He is a short little bully.
Now I am starting to get mad. MOO.
Ah yes, our 'petite prince'! No doubt JD suffered while at 4Jx and the ongoing anxiety post 4Jx seemed to be real. There was a quote early on that Farmington Police had been to 4Jx previously. Wonder if it was the move out issues or something else? Odd that zero has been heard from the Farmington Police in all of this coverage although Judge Blawie made reference to very specific police leaks in his most recent gag order ruling and I wondered if this was perhaps referencing Farmington Police?

Yes, going back helps as I did some searching yesterday of very early threads and its incredible how spot on people were early on in this case and how little information actually came directly from LE Press Conferences etc.

Wish we had greater visibility on MT timeline via the ARs, but just too few datapoints to do much else other than make assumptions. But the MT involvement in the Red Truck cleaning at 80MS and the car was assistance rendered to FD via driving him there to me showed she was there every step of the way in this horrific crime with FD. So much of the MT 'alibi' commentary such as the 'purse return', 'party on the 23rd at 4Jx', 'shopping at Stop & Shop' and 'maybe picking my daughter up from school' all look to be part of the infamous 'alibi script' and so are simply lies until proven otherwise by LE.

MOO

Attorney: Audit request by Jennifer Dulos’ mother ‘an extreme burden’ for Fotis Dulos

Murray is also objecting to a review of his client’s finances on the grounds it would take “hundreds” of hours for someone to go through the financial records, which are located at the Farmington home where Fotis Dulos also runs his business.
“Additionally, the request is unduly burdensome and overly broad,” Murray said. “To allow some unspecified person to comb through the records of Defendant Fore Group Inc., located in the home office of Defendant Dulos, for the last three years would be an extreme burden and inconvenience for both the Defendant Fore Group Inc., and Defendant Dulos, even if the plaintiff pays for the examination.”
Murray also said Weinstein has not made the argument to the court that any investigation of the Fore Group’s finances has anything to do with the present case.

“Some showing should be made by the plaintiff before any such examination is allowed,” Murray said.

Ah yes, our 'petite prince'! No doubt JD suffered while at 4Jx and the ongoing anxiety post 4Jx seemed to be real. There was a quote early on that Farmington Police had been to 4Jx previously. Wonder if it was the move out issues or something else? Odd that zero has been heard from the Farmington Police in all of this coverage although Judge Blawie made reference to very specific police leaks in his most recent gag order ruling and I wondered if this was perhaps referencing Farmington Police?

Yes, going back helps as I did some searching yesterday of very early threads and its incredible how spot on people were early on in this case and how little information actually came directly from LE Press Conferences etc.

Wish we had greater visibility on MT timeline via the ARs, but just too few datapoints to do much else other than make assumptions. But the MT involvement in the Red Truck cleaning at 80MS and the car was assistance rendered to FD via driving him there to me showed she was there every step of the way in this horrific crime with FD. So much of the MT 'alibi' commentary such as the 'purse return', 'party on the 23rd at 4Jx', 'shopping at Stop & Shop' and 'maybe picking my daughter up from school' all look to be part of the infamous 'alibi script' and so are simply lies until proven otherwise by LE.

MOO
I know. They are leaving most of her stuff out for a reason, IMO.
Taking it slowly and focusing on the petite prince, as you say.
Her time is coming though I'm not sure she was in BEFORE it went down
I do think she was all in after it.
Remember it came from Norm that she was on video at the grocery store at 10:30? I wonder.
MOO.
PS and I don't take notes.It's all aswirl in my head. So I could be way off. LOL.

MOO

May be a ridiculous question, but do we know if the Quickbooks records ever existed? Maybe no actual entries were ever made-maybe just money in the bank that got moved around with no actual business recordings made in a Quickbooks program.

Attorney: Audit request by Jennifer Dulos’ mother ‘an extreme burden’ for Fotis Dulos

Murray is also objecting to a review of his client’s finances on the grounds it would take “hundreds” of hours for someone to go through the financial records, which are located at the Farmington home where Fotis Dulos also runs his business.
“Additionally, the request is unduly burdensome and overly broad,” Murray said. “To allow some unspecified person to comb through the records of Defendant Fore Group Inc., located in the home office of Defendant Dulos, for the last three years would be an extreme burden and inconvenience for both the Defendant Fore Group Inc., and Defendant Dulos, even if the plaintiff pays for the examination.”
Murray also said Weinstein has not made the argument to the court that any investigation of the Fore Group’s finances has anything to do with the present case.

“Some showing should be made by the plaintiff before any such examination is allowed,” Murray said.
Oh please. He can't possibly be working. His business is at a standstill, IMO. He's got all the time in the world.

@Twistinginthewind, I went back and looked for a reference to MT purchasing bags and could only find this statement about MT and bags in the FD AW2 (will go and search out MT AW2 now but my recollection was that the 2 docs were mirrors of each other):

View attachment 204639

This paragraph states that MT brought the bags to 80MS so far as I can tell. Did you find another reference about MT buying the bags?

MOO
Thanks, aftizy, this is what I was referring to. My vision must have been blurry or my memory fuzzy, because I thought it said MT "bought" the bags, not "brought" them. Either way (if she bought and then brought, or he bought and she brought?). I guess I still have a niggling question about what the significance could be of her admitting to bringing the black bags to the house that items with JD's blood on them were found in the dumping on Albany Avenue the evening of JD's disappearance.

Also, I think it's a huge boon to LE that MT also admitted that it WAS she and FD driving along Albany Avenue the evening of JD's disappearance (even with the caveat that she was on her phone the whole time and had no idea what he was doing), so even if the videos are not 100% clear on identifying them, they have her as a corroborating witness.

Oh, but she's lied to LE before, so I have to hope that LE has a way of sorting out for the jury what were "early lies" and "later true statements" from her when / if she began cooperating / copped a deal.

Just some head scratching about what MT admitted to in AW2, that was all pretty shocking and exciting to me. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper