Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly.

The polygraph "Pattis Lie" was cited by Judge Blawie specifically in the Gag Order document he prepared. He repeated that lie for weeks.

MOO
Even if it's normal for attorneys to lie, I still think it isn't right and it's unethical.
BBM:
"...the Supreme Court ruled that lawyers may not elicit what they know to be a false answer from their clients. True, lawyers regained much of their wiggle room by narrowing what is considered “eliciting.” But, still, there is some limit on what lawyers can do when it comes to bearing false witness.

Why not consider strengthening these rules a bit in the interest of justice and the community? For instance, how about prohibiting lawyers from pleading a client not guilty when they know he is guilty, and similarly, prohibiting lawyers from challenging the other side’s veracity when they know they are telling the truth?

Nobody questions the need to protect the rights of the defendant. But these rights do not include allowing those who are guilty to walk because they have as lawyers the best fiction writers money can buy. The press would do well, when lawyers make outrageous statements, to add: Remember, lawyers feel free to lie when it serves those who pay them."

Should There Be Rules Against Lawyers Lying and Stretching the Truth? | HuffPost

Did a bit of digging today on the potential consequences of MORTGAGE FRAUD given what we have learned from the Family Court testimony on the financial statements FD/FORE submitted to Farmington Bank/Peoples Bank and the Family Court. Wonder if this 'financial statement confusion' was why Famington Bank/Peoples Bank Loan Officer Sue Morin involked her 5th Amendment right when questioned in Family Court?

Which statements of FD regarding the financial statements of FD/FORE in court were correct, if ANY?

Here’s Everything You Need to Know About the Risks of Mortgage Fraud

Quotes from article:
"Mortgage fraud occurs when a potential homebuyer, seller, or lender lies or omits key information that leads to a mortgage loan approval or terms that the applicant wouldn't normally qualify to receive".

"More formally, the FBI defines mortgage fraud as any "misstatement, misrepresentation, or omission in relation to a mortgage loan which is then relied upon by a lender."

"Mortgage fraud is a serious offense and can lead to prosecution and jail time for convicted offenders. Under U.S. federal and state laws, mortgage fraud can result in up to 30 years in federal prison, and up to $1 million in fines."

This is laughable:
"The forensic investigation requested...is highly unlikely to lead to any discovery of admissible evidence."
"The Motion is simply another attempt by the plaintiff to harass both defendants during this ongoing process"

and ps, that lawyer has a really cheap/bad website.
my opinion only

I was curious, so I looked it up. WM is "The Person Behind The Curtain"? LOL. It's very generic and only one page. I second your opinion. MOO!

I hope you don't have it!

I'm a big believer in Zanfel as it actually washes off the urushiol oil that is stuck on your skin.
Kind of pricey but well worth it.

It seems to start making you feel better almost immediately though you'll still need something for the itching.

Apple Cider Vinegar (with "The Mother") helps with that.

Won't it be great if the Poison Ivy Urushiol oil is on some of the towels left in the garbage cans and on the various car seats and/or steering wheels? Not exactly evidence but certainly telling about FD's activities.

So goes The Sunday Night WS Poison Ivy Dialogues, my itchy friends.

This is all so great! Thanks, wise people! I don’t think I have it; I think I was just feeling itchy reading about it! :)

Reading this, I wondered if I had ever followed anybody.

Upon checking, I found I had at one time followed three attorneys, an Insider on a case that I was following, our wonderful poster who has all those robots downstairs to help her, and two people who I highly respected as to their information when they posted. I guess I had done that all at one point when I learned about following people, but I have never come back to look at it and the results. I'll have to do that now LOL. If I recall correctly, I private messaged each to tell them why I was following them so they didn't freak out. I think I did all that during the Watts case when everything was moving so fast and I just wanted to look at certain people's posts to keep up.

I don’t think there’s anything sinister about following someone; it’s really a compliment! I never think about it but there’s bound to be much to learn from you guys who are truly amazing at what you do here and I really am just on this thread. Here and there I looked at others but this one just always has spoken to my heart. It’s just a little weird when someone suddenly joins, suddenly follows you (and I have no idea how I even noticed it!), and then when you look back, the person is gone, like all in the same day. It was probably just a “wrong number” or the person realized that I know nothing of interest! I DO worry a little about those of you who live nearby and go to these places so please be careful! MOO.

Boxers wear gloves. This was a cat fight. Have you ever heard when 2 women fight, the fight is way uglier than any man to man fight?
Open wound. Walking through poison ivy. Does that get into blood? Or is poison ivy a skin contact only medical issue?

How did I miss or forget that FD was a boxer? Maybe I have poison ivy in my brain because him being a boxer is rather unusual, I think. MOO.

Speaking of the bags, what significance is there in MT admitting to being the one to have purchased them in AW2?
If those bags were purchased in the afternoon of the 24th, she had to have purchased them at Dulos' request. LE knows where and when those bags were purchased, so will be able to pin MT about this point. How she came to make that purchase is something LE surely wants to know.

@hopepforthebest, In general I agree with your statement completely but this issue of surveillance via cameras has been a longstanding one in NC IMO. IMO this is just NC being NC. NC has had folks like Moynihan as First Selectman for many years and if the Town had a Police Chief that had strong views or an independent will that person IMO would not last 2 minutes with the Police Commission/Selectman IMO. Status Quo is something IMO that the Town of NC does well and many people fight hard and at times 'dirty' and 'behind closed doors' to maintain the Status Quo. IMO this is what we are sadly seeing play out here.

The Town has a vested interest in maintaining the view that "we live in a safe town" and 'there is no emergency". Its a place where people leave their keys in their cars (many get stolen) and children walk around freely downtown and walk to school and area parks all the time. Meanwhile people continue to invest in expensive home security systems and increasingly are putting up gates to improve security.

The NCPD Chief simply tells residents to lock their doors and cars and arm their alarms. IMO this is NOT a viable security plan for a Town in this day and age but its what the Town Selectman want and its what they will go to the mat fighting to maintain. Other area towns, such as Greenwich and Darien, do not share the views of NC Town officials on cameras. I'm glad to see Mike Dinan cover the issue in his paper as he has seen this play out over a long period of time and so well knows the history and process this 'discussion' takes every time it is raised. I'm surprised there isn't more outrage by local voters and certainly from the folks that signed the petition. Perhaps we will see some change with the upcoming election in Town, but having watched this play out for many years, I sadly doubt anything will change. There is always a new "Moynihan" in NC!

MOO

I was thinking about this today while I was driving and wondered if it wasn’t what you just said—that in some views (logical fallacies, here we come!), having cameras implies that cameras are needed because there might be crimes occurring and if crimes might be occurring then the illusion of safety is at risk, and then people feel more at risk with cameras than without—even if that’s not at all true. It’s also possible that more crimes do get reported with cameras as evidence. Even if not, others may insist that something is done about the perhaps nonexistent crime wave (because of the logical fallacy that if we want cameras, it must mean we have crime—) and then someone else might be on the hot seat, and so it goes. I’m not saying that’s what going on there; just thinking how these things go in some places. It hit the fan here in a similar way when the new school building was constructed with locked doors and people had to be buzzed in to another locked area and then let in. People were used to coming in and out as they liked and it felt like a personal affront to people here, many of whom never lock their doors. So I can understand even if it’s not how I feel. MOO.

Even if it's normal for attorneys to lie, I still think it isn't right and it's unethical.
BBM:
"...the Supreme Court ruled that lawyers may not elicit what they know to be a false answer from their clients. True, lawyers regained much of their wiggle room by narrowing what is considered “eliciting.” But, still, there is some limit on what lawyers can do when it comes to bearing false witness.

Why not consider strengthening these rules a bit in the interest of justice and the community? For instance, how about prohibiting lawyers from pleading a client not guilty when they know he is guilty, and similarly, prohibiting lawyers from challenging the other side’s veracity when they know they are telling the truth?

Nobody questions the need to protect the rights of the defendant. But these rights do not include allowing those who are guilty to walk because they have as lawyers the best fiction writers money can buy. The press would do well, when lawyers make outrageous statements, to add: Remember, lawyers feel free to lie when it serves those who pay them."

Should There Be Rules Against Lawyers Lying and Stretching the Truth? | HuffPost
Having practiced for some time in litigation, albeit civil, I actual find that most good lawyers do not perpetuate lies like Pattis does. Doing so reduces any credibility you have with judges, juries and opponents and really serves no purpose in the end. I’m not a Connecticut lawyer (have practiced in MA, RI and IL) but I have to think most of the bar in CT consider him a hack.

Thanks for posting this.
This raises my hackles.

She said he had them on a “dangerous and excessive” training regimen that would sometimes go from morning to night. She said he once threw a ski against a rock and broke it when the children refused to train. “We are all terrified to disobey my husband,” she wrote in an affidavit. On another occasion, Jennifer Dulos said her husband was outraged when she planned other activities for a day he felt the children should be on the water. “He got within inches of my face and berated me,” she wrote

I live around farms and I know barns and even nice horse stables catch fire and I know it was investigated but this stuff makes me wonder again about the horses! Did they rebuild that stable? Not that we would know but I don’t recall hearing anything about the kids riding after that. Obviously, not on those poor horses but anywhere. They may have, of course. MOO.

Mine was not a specialty mat, it came with the car. It was merely an option to have rubber mats, especially in the back area. Very popular with people that I know
I was basing my view on the reference to Dulos being id'ed as having left the mat leaning against a building on Albany Avenue. I can't recall if there was a specific reference to the mat being rolled up or not. Most Suburbans have the carpet mats as standard equipment and, of course this was Jennifer's Suburban, so she was not hauling construction materials.

I thought you were referencing the plastic mats that are quite rigid and do not absorb liquid, the kind that are more like a second barrier. I don't think he could have used that type of mat as I had envisioned. I also wonder if he could have left that type of mat against the wall as described. The answer is in the video/photographs of Albany Avenue; not sure if that particular one was ever released. Otherwise, this is another wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper