Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking for it and reread this article in the HC July 7, 2019.

‘I’m not Charles Manson:’ Court transcripts show escalating tension and anger in two-year Dulos divorce
It’s a good one ( even though I haven’t liked anything by DA lately). It has quite a bit of info on the divorce case. Explains events leading up to new visitation order.

www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-news-new-canaan-dulos-divorce-story-20190707-lid5nnayq5fxbdjofnaos7yc3q-story.html%3foutputType=amp

This article is better though,

Accusations of Threats, Lying, Manipulation in Missing New Canaan Woman’s Divorce Case

as it takes you through the first judge’s decisions, and then into Heller. Of course neither specify the visitation schedule. Haha. ( I think @sds71 may have linked it. Or @afitzy )

I did read something here though, which I did not know before. JD had a PI tailing FD!!

If I find the schedule I’ll let you know.
Yes, the JD PI was how the MT/daughter situation was proven in Family Court.

I think in statement analysis, when someone says they’re “not” you should assume they “are.”
Because you ask, “why are they trying to persuade me?”
"I'm not a Crook", famous and historic words
from Richard Nixon during Watergate would lend credence to what you just stated.

Absolutely!

Those yellow busses are the 'little engines that could' of this tragic case!

MOO
For sure! I recall in a radio interview NP said they should "stop behaving like the little engines that could". He went on to say they should bring on murder charges. Is that why you referenced the little engines? How ironic that the little engines do exist! NP is prophetic! MOO!

Ha! I think you’re setting yourself up for a crushing disappointment.

I’d love to be wrong though.

In an ideal world, the judge does absolutely nothing and Fotis walks out a free man, thinking he can continue to thumb his nose at the justice system.

Before he makes it to his car, and in front of reporters, he is arrested for murder.
Did someone say everyone gets sillier after midnight? Haha!

I hope this judge has some guts and says “enough is enough.”

Time and time again, FD has played by his own rules.

If I was a betting man (which I absolutely am), I’d put a lot of money on nothing but a stern warning though.

I have no doubt that “stern warning” will be the extent of the consequences for FD. He will pretend to be innocent of fiddling with the rules of his bail, and inside he will be high five-ing himself for another win.

I have no doubt that “stern warning” will be the extent of the consequences for FD. He will pretend to be innocent of fiddling with the rules of his bail, and inside he will be high five-ing himself for another win.
I hope this judge puts him in the slammer. Enough is enough. We’ll all sleep better knowing that Fotis is trapped in a cage.

Sorry if I wrote the post poorly and caused confusion! I was only referring to Wednesday; he was not allowed to have the children at his home on Wednesdays. The court order has visitation in NC on Wednesday. I’m going to go out on a limb and guess it was written this way because if he picked them up at home, drove to his house, and then returned them, the entire visit would have been in the car. I was clarifying why FD was at JDs house on May 22. I speculated that JD may have had him at the house to make it comfortable for the children. Some had speculated earlier that it was also to celebrate a “naming” day.

And yes, the new order gave him one day in NC and one in Farmington, when he had them for the weekend! But I was only talking about the Wednesday visit!! Sorry.

Edited to add my original post:
The court order gave him supervised visitation IN NC on Wednesdays. He was not allowed to have them at his home. I imagine JD went out of her way to make these visits as easy and “normal” for the children as possible.. Having Dad part of their normal routine is often advised. She probable planned the bbq for their comfort. FD also stated he played basketball with the kids. It sounds like she arranged a nice evening and left to let them share it alone.
JMO, but I don’t think she would have ever left the kids alone with him if she didn’t have to. She could have simply sat in another room in her house.

Never thought about the garage as a place where he could have tried to have her “found” in an apparent suicide with car running. Of course he’s not so bright so he probably wouldn’t realize that if he choked her and then after the fact ran the car the coroner would be able to conclude that she was already dead before the CO2 could have been harmful. But I like this theory. Maybe he didn’t actually have a disposal place planned if he wanted an apparent suicide. Hmm.

If he had half a brain he would have tried to make it look like she hung herself in the garage. Perhaps that was his plan but he did not get the initial strangulation to go as planned and she struggled. If at that point the forensics showed she fought back or had a wound then a quick self inflicted hanging would not support that and he needed to change up his plan on the fly and quickly ended it.

‘I’m not Charles Manson:’ Court transcripts show escalating tension and anger in two-year Dulos divorce
It’s a good one ( even though I haven’t liked anything by DA lately). It has quite a bit of info on the divorce case. Explains events leading up to new visitation order.

www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-news-new-canaan-dulos-divorce-story-20190707-lid5nnayq5fxbdjofnaos7yc3q-story.html%3foutputType=amp

Accusations of Threats, Lying, Manipulation in Missing New Canaan Woman’s Divorce Case

as it takes you through the first judge’s decisions, and then into Heller. Of course neither specify the visitation schedule. Haha. ( I think @sds71 may have linked it. Or @afitzy )

I did read something here though, which I did not know before. JD had a PI tailing FD!!

The visitation schedule (every other weekend; Weds in NC from 4:30-7:30) is in Heller’s 15pp motion awarding temporary custody to GF. I believe that it was Fox61 that posted screenshots of this motion. I believe it was also posted on a reporters Twitter and hopefully someone saved it on here too.

FWIW, I think FD liked that MT was a ski athlete. JD, of necessity, or by nature, had become "Mom," taking care of the kids, being domestic, etc. MT could help him encourage his kids to excel in risky sports which JD was not even convinced were good. ... It takes a cold hearted woman to let their “lover” post a picture of her daughter skiing on a Fotis company website for “his kids” to see . Who does that ? That’s twisted . ....
B/SBM: Good point about the photo of MT's daughter on FD's website.

I just want to point out that JD was an athlete, herself, a nationally ranked squash player even when young. She skiied, snow and water, tho she wasn't as obsessed as he was.

'An athlete in her teens in New York City, she was a nationally ranked junior squash player, her family said.' - from HC article "Chemistry and Calm."

Last edited:
The visitation schedule (every other weekend; Weds in NC from 4:30-7:30) is in Heller’s 15pp motion awarding temporary custody to GF. I believe that it was Fox61 that posted screenshots of this motion. I believe it was also posted on a reporters Twitter and hopefully someone saved it on here too.
Thanks - I saw confirmation about the Weds in NC, but none about the every other weekend visits - so I wondered if we were all just taking that for granted, because "someone" said it. :) . EDIT: I read the motion by Heller (difficult to read as the images were dark, but I think I got most of it) - he was temporarily granted the weekend supervised visits "in a public setting," but I wonder if they were also to be in NC, since the same guy had to supervise them, and it appears he had to pay for that time, including the guy's travel. I still see no reference that he was allowed to have them at his house, in later motions (up until they were suspended).

Last edited:
JMO, but I don’t think she would have ever left the kids alone with him if she didn’t have to. She could have simply sat in another room in her house.
By all accounts he was not allowed in the house.
I would imagine she panicked each time they were with him. Who knows what he filled their heads with? They did have a GAL or someone else to supervise the visits.
How awful he was imposing his will on his kids and even making them lie for him at times.
I don't know how she was able to deal with it and keep some normalcy in their lives.
MOO.

Thanks - the second article discusses how FT let the children take turns driving the Porsche - which someone else had referred to a few days ago - he really DID that.

Still no mention of weekends at FD's. I really wonder if that is just something he said that some are taking as truth. Something he said to make it sound like he was more trusted than he really was.

The 2nd article states that some of the info came FROM HIM, when actually "Heller ruled that Fotis Dulos only be allowed to see the kids “in a public supervised setting and to have telephone access to them by speakerphone, so that the calls may be monitored" - previously. (<-Emphasis by me.) Was this ruling superseded?

His visits required supervision. There was court appointed person there. IME, JD would not been able to demand or required to be present, unless they independently agreed she would join them. IMO the visit at the house was arranged for comfort of the children. I can imagine knowing her children were safe at her home also made JD a little more comfortable with the situation.
During the first two years of my youngest’s life, I would go to hotel and my X would stay at (previously)marital home. He flew in from out of town and did not have a local residence at the time. With crib, baby supplies, kitchen needs, school age kids’ computers, homework, sports... - it was easiest for the kids. Our court order did not stipulate this arrangement, I simply did not want them struggling in a hotel all weekend. I guess I imagine the Wednesday night arrangement to be similar.

Thanks - I saw confirmation about the Weds in NC, but none about the every other weekend visits - so I wondered (and still do, a bit) if we were all just taking that for granted, because "someone" said it. :)
IIRC , and I’ve been reading this for quite a while, the order was Weds in NC, the weekend split, one day NC, one day Farmington. But who knows? I do most my reading late at night!!
@afitzy can you help out here?

Edit: I should really read all the way through before I post!! Thanks @Tink56 I’ll look at that later.
Here’s a link to ct docs, but the order, emergency motion etc from the time period in question 3/1-April are now sealed. http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/CaseDetail/PublicCaseDetail.aspx?DocketNo=FSTFA175016797S

Last edited:
Well, this article says that police "reportedly believe" that the knife found in the garbage was used in the murder.
So has it been clarified or not? Was it just the homeless person who reported that they thought the knife was used in the murder?
Has anyone else indicated that a knife was used besides the guy they interviewed?
Or are reporters just assuming this?
If it's true that the knife was found in the same area and at the same time they found all the other things, such as the carpet in front of the building, it seems likely that it could be the murder weapon, or at least one of the weapons used in the attack.

I also thought it was reported that a man who looked like FD was seen throwing it away, but that could have been the mat I'm thinking of. I thought it was both, though. Imo

The info about the knife was just reported by the HC, not by LE. It was not in any AW. We don't know it to be fact, but it COULD be. It so easy to be swayed by what someone tells a newspaper. Perhaps we just need to go by what LE has said, and wait and see how the rest plays out.

Afitzy made some great posts about this - we discussed the veracity of this issue in the past several posts yesterday - worth a look! :)

By all accounts he was not allowed in the house.
I would imagine she panicked each time they were with him. Who knows what he filled their heads with? They did have a GAL or someone else to supervise the visits.
How awful he was imposing his will on his kids and even making them lie for him at times.
I don't know how she was able to deal with it and keep some normalcy in their lives.
MOO.
The supervisor was Dennis Puebla. Also in the 15pp temporary custody ruling from Heller.
Puebla often supervises in contentious divorce cases- he was also the supervisor for the Tauck children in that divorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty7