Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@davealtimari

Weinstein focusing on some of the travel that Dulos went on. Like a sailing trip to St. Thomas with an old Brown friend who had invested money in the Fore Group. Dulos claims it was business expense. Weinstein points out the potential investor actually lives in Rhode Island.
Nice bringing up MM

1. Zinnia Maldonado‏Verified account @ZinniaDee_TV 5m5 minutes ago
    Weinstein says 2007 Chevy Surburban was used by Almeida to transport the children while babysitting, the same vehicle is listed under the Fore Group, asks #FotisDulos if he kept track of milage used for babysitting, Dulos says no @FOX61News

2. Zinnia Maldonado‏Verified account @ZinniaDee_TV 9m9 minutes ago
    Weinstein brings up #FotisDulos multiple trips to Miami for “business purposes yet #MichelleTroconis family also lives in Miami” asks did he keep track of time he spent “jet skiing” and time spent on “business” meetings with investors for reimbursement purposes @FOX61News

I have to admit to being surprised that FD made no attempt to document business related calls/meetings etc. while traveling, especially as in his deposition he had previously admitted to not making any business related efforts in Miami and CO on those trips. I would guess that the IRS or CT Dept of Revenue would have a field day with the books and records at FORE/FD, but I'm not sure FD cares much. There doesn't appear to have been any attempt made by FD/FORE to comply with Federal IRS and State regulations, even at the most basic level based on what we have heard about today in Court. Not surprised, but if you are going to run a sham such as this you would think that the records might be a bit more convincing? Perhaps he thought he would never get caught or that the situation would never reach the level of a trial in Civil Court? The trial though doesn't seem to be stopping his inability to tell the truth which actually is probably the sad precursor of things we will see in the Criminal Cases IMO. MOO
I think it's due to his arrogance - he had a graduate degree in Finance IIRC. He never thought he would be caught is my guess
JMO

1. Zinnia Maldonado‏Verified account @ZinniaDee_TV 5m5 minutes ago
    Weinstein says 2007 Chevy Surburban was used by Almeida to transport the children while babysitting, the same vehicle is listed under the Fore Group, asks #FotisDulos if he kept track of milage used for babysitting, Dulos says no @FOX61News

2. Zinnia Maldonado‏Verified account @ZinniaDee_TV 9m9 minutes ago
    Weinstein brings up #FotisDulos multiple trips to Miami for “business purposes yet #MichelleTroconis family also lives in Miami” asks did he keep track of time he spent “jet skiing” and time spent on “business” meetings with investors for reimbursement purposes @FOX61News

I have to admit to being surprised that FD made no attempt to document business related calls/meetings etc. while traveling, especially as in his deposition he had previously admitted to not making any business related efforts in Miami and CO on those trips. I would guess that the IRS or CT Dept of Revenue would have a field day with the books and records at FORE/FD, but I'm not sure FD cares much. There doesn't appear to have been any attempt made by FD/FORE to comply with Federal IRS and State regulations, even at the most basic level based on what we have heard about today in Court. Not surprised, but if you are going to run a sham such as this you would think that the records might be a bit more convincing? Perhaps he thought he would never get caught or that the situation would never reach the level of a trial in Civil Court? The trial though doesn't seem to be stopping his inability to tell the truth which actually is probably the sad precursor of things we will see in the Criminal Cases IMO. MOO
DBM - the double posting is back..need to remember to clear my reply box..

Yes, you are probably correct.

I'm waiting to see if we will hear anything about FD/FORE payments to his 'sister' for architectural services since FORE started and also how much FD might have sent to Greece to support the "Greek Family"!

The more Atty Weinstein asks FD the clearer it becomes that we are looking at someone with zero business ethics and integrity on a good day. Its odd that FD through his actions in his personal and business financial lives has simply made this process so easy for Atty Weinstein too. Its simply like watching a personal financial train wreck. The sad thing is that the money is probably long gone and will prove inaccessible. I very much hope this isn't the case but FD/FORE has been working on this financial train wreck since 2010 AT LEAST and so had a huge jump on Atty Weinstein and any State or Federal authorities too.

MOO

Yes, you are probably correct.

I'm waiting to see if we will hear anything about FD/FORE payments to his 'sister' for architectural services since FORE started and also how much FD might have sent to Greece to support the "Greek Family"!

The more Atty Weinstein asks FD the clearer it becomes that we are looking at someone with zero business ethics and integrity on a good day. Its odd that FD through his actions in his personal and business financial lives has simply made this process so easy for Atty Weinstein too. Its simply like watching a personal financial train wreck. The sad thing is that the money is probably long gone and will prove inaccessible. I very much hope this isn't the case but FD/FORE has been working on this financial train wreck since 2010 AT LEAST and so had a huge jump on Atty Weinstein and any State or Federal authorities too.

MOO
His assets may include the properties that don't hold mortgages - wonder if he deeded them to anyone over the years? If she gets a monetary judgment I would think they could be taken from him? I would like to see him left with nothing... IMO

@SabinaKuriakose

Weinstein:”Did you keep track of how many hours you spent sunbathing versus how many hours you spent discussing...investments?”
Dulos: “No.”
Farber’s family attny attacking Dulos on business travel expenses
@WTNH

As FD if he kept track of hours taking showers with women not his wife ...
As opposed to talking investments.

I think my friend said it was $14,000 this year. Or not. MOO.
Per "Smart Assets" website...
A gift tax is imposed by the IRS if you transfer money or property to another person without receiving at least equal value in return. This could apply to parents giving money to their children, the gifting of property such as a house or a car, or any other transfer.

Whether or not the tax applies is dependent on a few factors, primarily the value of the gift. If the amount stays below the gift tax exclusion, you won’t have to worry about any tax. There are both annual and lifetime exemption amounts. The annual gift tax exclusion for 2019 is $15,000, and the lifetime exclusion is $11.4 million.

I have a question about charging of business expenses...can anybody claim that expenses are for the purpose of business, if they own a company, or do you have to show some sort of recent success that can be related to these expenses. For example, must FD show that he has obtained some recent investors, or some completed agreements to build for some person or entity? I don’t think he has “built” anything in the 2+ years since Jennifer left him, and maybe not anything since before his father-in-law died, with the exception of the house in New Canaan where EE was working on May 24th of this year. The charges he is claiming to be business expenses (all of the travel for himself, MT, and daughter, as well as everything else) don’t seem to be associated with much of anything actually happening in his business. Does the IRS care about something like this?
Yes, the IRS cares about documentation very much which is why there are guidelines issued for documenting corporate travel by most corporations. Its serious business to all involved, except perhaps FD.

I believe in his deposition FD said that on his trips with MT that he was looking for investors (so you would have to document who you met with, where you met, how long you met and what was discussed) and thinking of setting up a company in Miami.

Frankly all these comments were very vague and nothing relating to specifics was ever disclosed.

The thing about all this is that if FD worked for a subsidiary of E&Y (global accting firm) then he would be WELL AWARE of what was required for business entertainment and travel documentation as these firms need to be able to bill clients etc. as well as keep their own books and records.

My guess is that FD knew what was required but because his books and records weren't subject to audit and his banks didn't require audited statements either that he simply didn't care to follow the guidelines.

Situation at FORE with the books and records looks to have been a total farce IMO.

MOO

@MarissaAlter

Farber/Dulos civil trial is over. Both sides will file briefs instead of making closing arguments.
@News12CT

@davealtimari

Civil trial ends. Judge offered both parties a chance to do oral arguments now but Dulos’ attorney requested written briefs instead. Both sides must submit briefs by Dec. 21 to Judge Noble who will decide the case.

Yes, the IRS cares about documentation very much which is why there are guidelines issued for documenting corporate travel by most corporations. Its serious business to all involved, except perhaps FD.

I believe in his deposition FD said that on his trips with MT that he was looking for investors (so you would have to document who you met with, where you met, how long you met and what was discussed) and thinking of setting up a company in Miami.

Frankly all these comments were very vague and nothing relating to specifics was ever disclosed.

The thing about all this is that if FD worked for a subsidiary of E&Y (global accting firm) then he would be WELL AWARE of what was required for business entertainment and travel documentation as these firms need to be able to bill clients etc. as well as keep their own books and records.

My guess is that FD knew what was required but because his books and records weren't subject to audit and his banks didn't require audited statements either that he simply didn't care to follow the guidelines.

Situation at FORE with the books and records looks to have been a total farce IMO.

MOO
I sincerely hope the IRS and State become involved with him, the FG and MT. I am assisting in an IRS audit of an estate and gift tax return - it is astounding the amount of documentation to be provided going back a number of years - including copies of canceled checks (not printouts - actual checks if the bank retains them and if not, there has to be an affidavit saying so). Every penny of every transaction/asset/expense has to be documented.

IMO

@MarissaAlter

Farber/Dulos civil trial is over. Both sides will file briefs instead of making closing arguments.
@News12CT

@davealtimari

Civil trial ends. Judge offered both parties a chance to do oral arguments now but Dulos’ attorney requested written briefs instead. Both sides must submit briefs by Dec. 21 to Judge Noble who will decide the case.
Thanks to you and @aftizy - I think I caught most of them and posted to the media thread. Well done!

Does anyone else wish that the Judge in today's case had simply picked up the phone on his bench and made 2 phone calls?

First call to the IRS and Second call to CT Dept of Revenue!

All Judge would have had to say is that he had all the paperwork prepared and FD was ready to be picked up and held in detention pending resolution of 15 years of financial shenanigans.

Today's testimony proved to me that FD believes that rules are simply made for other people. Its unfortunate and quite sad IMO that GF and Atty Weinstein had to go through this process to recover monies that were given in good faith to FD/FORE over the years.

FD made a mockery IMO of any/all IRS record keeping requirements and so I hope the Judge sees the situation for what it quite clearly was IMO.

MOO

I am surprised that this trial is over, with all of the attendant financial issues. What ever happened to the small number of questions that Noble said MT was going to have to answer? Weren’t they supposed to be related to this case? Did she answer them, or did Weinstein Ultimately not bother, since the ones that Noble required her to answer, weren’t helpful?

No where near $2.2 million and perhaps that is what FD is banking on.

With a Loan, FD owes the Full amount to the HF Estate but he would only pay a fraction of the full amount, in gift taxes. There could also be Interest owed, on the gift taxes since the gift tax has never been paid.

IMO.
The tax on a $1 million dollar gift would be: $285,714. FD saying the gift is $2.5 million - I am estimating (math is not my friend) the tax to be $714,285. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKseeker