Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fotis Dulos’ former attorney arrested at gunpoint in Jennifer Dulos case

Jan 7, 2020

TOLLAND — A South Windsor lawyer was arrested at gunpoint Tuesday afternoon in connection with the Jennifer Dulos disappearance, according to a source close to the case.

Kent Douglas Mawhinney, a former lawyer for Fotis Dulos, was detained at gunpoint during a traffic stop in Tolland late Tuesday afternoon.

Mawhinney, who represented Fotis Dulos in the $2.5 million lawsuits filed by his mother-in-law, is expected to be charged with conspiracy to commit murder in the case.
[..]
Mawhinney had previously been charged with violating a protective order in his own divorce. He was accused of having Fotis Dulos contact his estranged wife on his behalf, according to an arrest warrant from last year.

Thank God, Arrested and charged! Finally. I had to take a break from Webslueths, because of the stress of justice moving so slow, FD and his entourage of idiots. I was going to have permanent dents in my forehead, from hitting my head against the desk. Thank you to all who hung in there and rode the ever turning wave of FD and NP bull****. Thank God for Jennifer's family and friends. As the details are revealed, I'm certain one of our theories of how FD and his side, plus now his former attorney, killed and disposed of poor Jennifer, will be revealed. Sadly, a great day.

Graphic warning.

I was thinking about that as well about the body in the back of EE truck. I do wonder if sadly JFd was alive and restrained such that she couldn't move in the back of the truck (possibly reason for addition of kidnapping charge).

If you zip tie arms, legs and then use a long zip tie around neck and torso - similar idea to hog tie... I'm not sure movement would have been possible. Also, if wounds and blood loss were such that was estimated by the ME, its likely that JFd might not have been fully conscious either.

Tragic and unbelievably cruel IMO. Absolutely heartbreaking.

MOO
And a zip tie super tight through her poor mouth would have rendered her speechless IMO

Jan 7, 2020

TOLLAND — A South Windsor lawyer was arrested at gunpoint Tuesday afternoon in connection with the Jennifer Dulos disappearance, according to a source close to the case.

Kent Douglas Mawhinney, a former lawyer for Fotis Dulos, was detained at gunpoint during a traffic stop in Tolland late Tuesday afternoon.

Mawhinney, who represented Fotis Dulos in the $2.5 million lawsuits filed by his mother-in-law, is expected to be charged with conspiracy to commit murder in the case.
[..]
Mawhinney had previously been charged with violating a protective order in his own divorce. He was accused of having Fotis Dulos contact his estranged wife on his behalf, according to an arrest warrant from last year.
Can not make this stuff up! Incredible.

I’m banking on the DA to have all his ducks in a row . We’ve been waiting 8 long months for this day to come . I wouldn’t put it past ponytail to look for a way to create a mistrial . His client looks incredibly guilty at this point. He’ll prob ask for a change of venue as well . I know we all are up to our ears in the facts of this case but just how many people are clueless ? I wonder .
NP took the Chesire suspect who had no means to pay. Now he is taking FD. Given the status of his finances as stated in AW#3, I simply don't see how he can keep paying lawyers. I keep hoping NP walks away because he sees the turned inside out pocket of a broke man, but maybe he is hoping on a book deal proceed or something. FD is a loser extraordinaire and it seems all will soon tire of him - lawyers, Greek benefactors, anyone who knows him must surely know by now he has NOTHING TO OFFER.

Jan 7, 2020

[..]
"What seems to be the problem, officer?"

Dave Altimari‏ @davealtimari
Almeida telling police that there were two camping pillows missing from the garage area. A homeless man found a similar bloody pillow in an Albany Avenue garbage can where Dulos was seen dropping a trash bag.

12:33 PM - 7 Jan 2020

A statement from nanny Lauren Almeida in which she notices that there's 10 rolls of paper towels missing from the pantry of Jennifer's New Canaan home.

A couple of things stick out in the new arrest warrant for Dulos - the unique bicycle that apparently missing which would explain how he got from Waveny Park to Jennifer's house. There is surveillance showing a man in a hoody not identifiable riding bike on Weed Street on May 24.

Thank God, Arrested and charged! Finally. I had to take a break from Webslueths, because of the stress of justice moving so slow, FD and his entourage of idiots. I was going to have permanent dents in my forehead, from hitting my head against the desk. Thank you to all who hung in there and rode the ever turning wave of FD and NP bull****. Thank God for Jennifer's family and friends. As the details are revealed, I'm certain one of our theories of how FD and his side, plus now his former attorney, killed and disposed of poor Jennifer, will be revealed. Sadly, a great day.
Me too...had to take a break was so disappointed they had not found her body or arrested FD and MT. I kept praying for JD, and hoping her children would never have to live with this monster again. Thank goodness for her awesome mom. Mom's are great! Keep up the great sleuth working I think it helps LE find new leads...let's hope a conviction sticks. Life with no parole sounds about right.

Details are creeping out about additional 'motive' issues - $2 million trust fund set up for the 5 children - IMO this explains why the children and picking them up in NC were so critical to the Fd plans. I do wonder if Fd planned to bring MT along with her daughter (not mentioned in her AW.....):

View attachment 224466
And let’s not forget Js trust throwing off $400k annually - he may have thought he would be the natural successor trustee or beneficiary - generally when we draw up a trust for a married person who is the sole beneficiary there is a provision for the spouse and parent of minor children to draw on the funds to support these same children
JMO

JFd was to drive the Range Rover to NY but it was in NC.

10 rolls of paper towels missing from Welles per LA.

When I was in high school we always knew to replace the toilet paper when we had parties. If the parents come home and there’s no toilet paper, they would know. Fotis is not as smart as a high schooler.

I think it is possible that the only thing MT really cares about is her daughter and I am thinking FD has something he is threatening to expose if she doesn't stay the course with the planned false story lines and not giving up information. She is willing to go jail for her child sake...... otherwise it makes no sense not to come clean....

It seems to me that if a woman truly cares about her daughter:
  • She doesn't have an affair with a married man who is living with his wife and 5 kids (and she was married to someone else when she started with FD) .
  • She doesn't interfere in that marriage and visitation.
  • She doesn't help him/conspire to commit murder of said wife.
  • She doesn't help clean up after the murder.
  • She doesn't lie after having helped him commit murder - instead, if she cared about her daughter, she would tell everything so she won't spend most of her daughter's important years in prison.
No, it does not appear that MT cares about her daughter. She cared about the potential to obtain money from the Farber family, that's what she cared about.

So you don’t have to be religious to understand this but we know JD was Jewish. Today is the 7th. KM, MT and FD were all arrested today. She’s been declared dead by means of murder and kidnapping.

What I am about to post may give some of you the chills.

Number 7 is considered to be the number of the spiritual perfection because it is a symbol of God's work. Maybe you didn't know but number 7 was the most sacred number to the Hebrews. As we have already said, this number is a symbol of the perfect world, completeness and heaven.

Ex
NP took the Chesire suspect who had no means to pay. Now he is taking FD. Given the status of his finances as stated in AW#3, I simply don't see how he can keep paying lawyers. I keep hoping NP walks away because he sees the turned inside out pocket of a broke man, but maybe he is hoping on a book deal proceed or something. FD is a loser extraordinaire and it seems all will soon tire of him - lawyers, Greek benefactors, anyone who knows him must surely know by now he has NOTHING TO OFFER.
Except NP is just as egotistical as FD . Wants to save face at all costs . Shady lawyer tactics are no doubt one of his specialties . I know I’m jaded but I’ve been watching the series “How to get away with murder “ I know it’s fiction but you know what they say about truth .

IMO meticulous preparation every step of the way. Still leaves some strategic gaps IMO. But the narrative is being filled in and the premeditation is now IMO crystal clear by Fd and MT. Still haven't seen AW for KM to ascertain his role as the Fd AW3 alludes to KM presence at 4Jx on day of disappearance.

Anyone else surprised by EE cellphone being allegedly wiped by Fd?

We'd guessed that a phone had been used by Fd but I guess we will have to wait for trial to hear more.
Very surprised. Didn't know FD was that tech savvy. Love that LE sniffed it out.
MOO.

It seems to me that if a woman truly cares about her daughter:
  • She doesn't have an affair with a married man who is living with his wife and 5 kids (and she was married to someone else when she started with FD) .
  • She doesn't interfere in that marriage and visitation.
  • She doesn't help him/conspire to commit murder of said wife.
  • She doesn't help clean up after the murder.
  • She doesn't lie after having helped him commit murder - instead, if she cared about her daughter, she would tell everything so she won't spend most of her daughter's important years in prison.
Agreed .... I don’t think she cares one bit about anyone but herself . Not even Loverboy.

The skanky little putz got a cash advance from a company based in Utah...bawahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
Can you say 'write off'! Unless he posted collateral for the loan, I do wonder if they will collect a thing. I do also wonder if he was posting JFd assets as collateral for all these 'payday' kinds of loans too?

That arrest warrant tells more than what is on its face. MT was in on it from the beginning, and most certainly helped destroy and dispose of poor Jennifer's body. The crooked lawyer was the fake alibi-and he knew about Dulos' plans (and could have stopped them) from the beginning, too. He will definitely be chirping soon.

The kidnapping charge coupled with warrant's analysis re those zip ties is simply, heartbreaking. One can only hope Jennifer was not conscious during whatever atrocity Dulos inflicted.

While so many have been waiting for this day, it comes with great anger that a woman, who did EVERYTHING right, was still unable to get the protection she needed! She knew, she told, she acted, and he still murdered her. How could that have happened?

What a very, very sad but very, very necessary day. Condolences and love to Farber family.
THIS.

Yes, it was. Jennifer's family is very wealthy. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but they should have paid him off to get rid of him. (If at all possible with this nutcase).

My grandfather, who was a wealthy man, told Mom something I always remembered - "The cheapest way of solving a problem is with money." Of course, he lived in a corrupt country where no one believed in the courts nor the police. I felt Jennifer's family's decision to solve this through the courts prompted the crime. He might have left with $10 million or so, and their daughter would still be alive.

Of course, given FD's criminal nature, I can't assume this is true.
I disagree. He would have kept coming back for more. I think a lot of the dragging out was him trying to get more money out of them. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required