Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Website question. How does one quote a message once a thread gets closed? Nothing rolled over to this thread this time.
Will be interesting to know more about the FOIA filed to get the 11 page report about the person who Pattis claimed duped Dulos into talking, recorded it, and wanted to sell that info... perhaps it was an “interview” gone bad?

maybe the only reason it is not in the Daily Mail is because it a poor quality recording... or it could have been for another reason. just does not seem like a criminal act, IMO

How could any juror get past the Albany Avenue spree?
How can anyone explain that away?
Not only the bloody garbage but the ALTERED license plates!
MOO.
I'm laughing just reading this as yet again this week we heard from Atty. P. that he has an explanation for all of this about Albany but that he, "is saving it for trial"!

Yep, won't hold my breath for that one, thank you very much!

I have a feeling that by the time Atty Colangelo is done with the 'drips and drabs' of evidence in this tragic case that the mountain of evidence against Fd, MT and KM will simply be so high, wide and deep underground that when the Judge asks Atty. P. if he wants to interview any witness having ANYTHING to do with Albany Avenue search and evidence recovery, including MIRA that Atty. P. will simply reply:

"Not at this time Your Honor, may I petition the Court for a brief recess please"?!?

As you point out, the Albany evidence is compelling and relevant but I firmly believe that its but one piece of the huge puzzle here and Atty Colangelo is putting these pieces all together one by one and because of the complexity of the narrative that its just taking time to get the puzzle finished.

No worries.

Time (and evidence) is on the side of the Prosecution here IMO and Atty. P. just lost KM who was their main alibi witness.

Just remember that Atty. P. said this week that he wants to see a trial in September. My guess is that the closer that date become, the more continuances we will see being filed by Atty. P.

MOO

MOO.
I'm laughing just reading this as yet again this week we heard from Atty. P. that he has an explanation for all of this about Albany but that he, "is saving it for trial"!

I have a feeling that by the time Atty Colangelo is done with the 'drips and drabs' of evidence in this tragic case that the mountain of evidence against Fd, MT and KM will simply be so high, wide and deep underground that when the Judge asks Atty. P. if he wants to interview any witness having ANYTHING to do with Albany Avenue search and evidence recovery, including MIRA that Atty. P. will simply reply:

"Not at this time Your Honor, may I petition the Court for a brief recess please"?!?

As you point out, the Albany evidence is compelling and relevant but I firmly believe that its but one piece of the huge puzzle here and Atty Colangelo is putting these pieces all together one by one and because of the complexity of the narrative that its just taking time to get the puzzle finished.

No worries.

Time (and evidence) is on the side of the Prosecution here IMO and Atty. P. just lost KM who was their main alibi witness.

Just remember that Atty. P. said this week that he wants to see a trial in September. My guess is that the closer that date become, the more continuances we will see being filed by Atty. P.

MOO

I think KM will plea....he really knows what will happen to him.

I don’t think MT will plea. She thinks she can beat the charges because she believes what lover boy told her. Her mom got off with her issues and is filling MT’s head with wrong info. I do think her lawyer is trying to help her though.
I agree.

Anyways, I would seriously question what kind of a witness wishy washy MT would make. She has told so many stories that she would probably get confused on the stand...and the defense would have a field day with her on cross.

MOO

MOO.

The pictures of the Tacoma enroute from Farmington to Waveny and back again....JFd's Suburban leaving her house....the blood in the garage as you mentioned...the alibi scripts...the conversations with the PG/EE about changing the seats in the Tacoma, cleaning it, threatening the EE about talking to LE, the obvious attempt to keep the Tacoma the weekend of the 24-28th. There's also the strange bucket, Fudge, the missing pillows from the garage and the bloody pillow that was in the trash in Hartford according to Fudge...The DNA and/or blood identified as JFd's, Fd's and MT's...And, LE hasn't shown everything they have, I'm sure.

MOO...IMO

Yes, I believe that he is the weakest link by far.

MT has two things working against her:

She appears to be more involved than KM, and destroyed her value by telling provable lie after provable lie.

Yep.
Lie after lie after lie.
She be goin' down.
From day one, knowing she was on the Albany Avenue trek, I felt she was all in.
Her poor daughter.
MOO.

KM Neighbor speaks to Fox61:
EXCLUSIVE: Neighbors shaken by arrest of Kent Mawhinney

Excellent summary!

One of the many things I find baffling about this Sturbridge Project is that The Savings Bank of Danbury described in its motion that Fd had 'no equity' in the project. Perhaps the 'Friend Loans' are the equity in the deal? IDK. Very curious if those 'Friend Loans' were ever funded!?!?!?

Mmmm.

Construction lending in CT has long been in the doldrums IMO and never really recovered from the time of the financial collapse. Lending standards are conservative so to see a 'no equity' spec development deal from a small bank like The Savings Bank of Danbury or even a multimillion dollar loan deal at People's Bank in Bridgeport really has me scratching my head as to what is going on at each of these lending institutions as both have FDIC insurance I believe!

No money down, dollar and a dream real estate loans went the way of the dodo ages ago and so to see them offered up to the likes of Fd who was in the middle of a contentious divorce with an uncertain financial future, no State taxes filed for 2 years by all accounts, no Federal taxes filed for 2 years by all accounts and ongoing civil litigation is for the most part the trifecta required for a loan denial. YET, we don't see this at all. Nope, we see 2 local banks lending to the tune of nearly $7 million dollars. HOW? WHY? and ON WHAT BASIS?

Frankly, People's Bank in Bridgeport is a repeat player here IMO with Fd as we go back to the 123 Hunter situation with MT, GV and Fd AND SUE MORIN who was deposed about the matter in Family Court and took the 5th.

I do very much wonder what is going on here at both of these banks as based on virtually any lending standard I can imagine for commercial construction lending the Sturbridge project makes zero sense. How was Fd able to remove the contribution of the land from the deal upfront (he paid $1.5 million at auction for the property if I recall) and then fund both hard and soft costs via The Savings Bank of Danbury? WHO was responsible for this loan and I do very much wonder if there was perhaps other connections at play here perhaps at Senior Levels that bear investigation IMO. Even established builders in lower Fairfield County who do beautiful work don't have the ability to do deals with no equity and deals are typically hard costs only too. Little here with this loan or the People's Bank loans makes sense.

I do wonder why we aren't seeing People's Bank entering the litigation fray here either. I find this quite odd given the circumstances and the high probability that their loans are non performing at the moment too. What is also quite interesting is that my recollection is that People's Bank actively uses the firm Pullman & Comley (of which Anne Dranginis (GF atty) is a Partner I believe). So, perhaps Atty Dranginis might pop in and have a chat with one of her colleagues that handles some of the People's Bank legal work as perhaps they aren't aware that they have a non performing loan on their books (BTW I don't believe they don't know, I just don't know why they don't seem to be doing anything via the Courts to protect their position and effect collection).

Its officially a mess and the race to the courthouses in CT to register claims seems to be underway.

What I am interested in finding out is if there was fraudulent activity involved in any of the loans and were loan proceeds used to pay legal fees and/or other creditors? It all seems like a giant 'kite' IMO where Fd was on an ongoing quest for more loan proceeds which would be used to pay other creditors and it just kept rolling until it stopped (or maybe it hasn't stopped!?!). Here is a simple conceptual explanation of this process of kiting: Check kiting Definition | Bankrate.com. Quick visual is that you are taking $ from Peter to pay Paul and on and on.

IMO what Fd did as he didn't have ongoing income is simply borrow more in order to pay interest. At a certain point this was no longer possible which is why the Sturbridge loan interest went unpaid and my guess is that funds that would have been used by Fd to pay interest, taxes etc. were instead used to pay the good folks of Pattisville who were of more immediate importance to Fd.

I wish Atty Weinstein had gotten to the bottom of the legal fee payment questions in Civil Court. I know he made progress but to see all this cash swirling around with basic financial obligations now in default has me believing that the funds were all diverted to paying Pattisville and PI. Too bad the banks weren't quicker to shut it all down IMO (but I have questions as to why they didn't too as this was no exercise in differential equations IMO)!

We see Fd with huge credit card balances (unsecured so far as we know) that oddly have remained 'current' in status. How is this so? We see Fd using other collateral loan options to gain access to sizeable sums? What collateral was used and did it belong to Fd or was it put up by others?

My guess is that JFd saw the beginnings of all these Fd financial games and her attorney and their PI IMO no doubt had it pretty much squared away in advance in terms of understanding it all during the period just prior to her disappearance as the court hearing I believe was originally scheduled for the week or 2 after her disappearance. MONEY AND CUSTODY were clearly at issue way back in May, 2019. Nothing in this regard has changed and its 1/20!

Fd IMO lit himself and FORE on fire and poured on gasoline to bring it all to the ground. I'm still not convinced that we understand why it was all done though?

MOO

(read about Solomon Dweck if you want a primer on a mortgage ponzi scheme.)
wonder if JD and her family's credit was a consideration in the bank's isuance
of loans.

Yep.
Lie after lie after lie.
She be goin' down.
From day one, knowing she was on the Albany Avenue trek, I felt she was all in.
Her poor daughter.
MOO.
Yeah. If she was less involved, I could have seen her pulling a Krystal Kenney (cooperation in exchange for a light sentence).

Even if MT fully cooperated, it appears the facts (her involvement) still call for a lengthy sentence.

She’s going for broke.

I am only finding cursory info on this swamp @sds71 . What are the caves about?
I was looking for wetlands between his house and Tilcon
and I found an article about it. This part stood out.

“A few words of caution: We noticed there was a bit of poison ivy around some of the cages, so try to stay on the main path if you visit during the summer months. Oh, and there's plenty of mosquitos and other flying pests, so plan accordingly.”

This is speculation along with illegal car sales business as people here are trying to understand the large amounts of cash floating around Fd, MT and KM (and possibly others) when Fd hasn't sold a house in 2 years, MT never really has worked and KM is a solo practitioner immigration atty with sizeable alimony, child support and other financial obligations.

The money side of the entire situation in this case has people here largely baffled. So, speculation is ongoing as to the source of funds to keep the trips, restaurant meals, huge credit card bills, cars and property taxes and property maintenance all going. We see MT also start a business (dead animal rugs) and purchase an expensive condo in Vail with her ex (believe it was in range of $600,000 condo). MT I believe was 'paid' roughly $120,000 a year from FORE/FD for her 'role' but its unclear how she could pay for very expensive private school education and new condo and pay for her existing Miami condo (don't think this has been sold yet?) even though she didn't have to pay rent or for a car at 4Jx? We see MT traveling quite a bit too and Fd as well and they allegedly did it for weeks at a time? Atty Weinstein made the very strong case that the lifestyle and the income didn't line up. So, where did the cash to fuel the lifestyle come from?

What were KM, Fd and MT up to and were others involved?

MOO

FWIW, MT was supposedly a part owner of:
Protect your footwear with Seal Shoe Covers
Defend All Your Footwear Against Any Weather. Seal's water-resistant outer shell repels water, mud and snow to keep your cherished shoes clean and dry.

Totally agree with @Jbetty567 on both counts. Never heard of Dead Wood Swamp before but it's worth noting we're talking about two different places in Farmington here (though equally creepy): Dead Wood Swamp is a swamp in Farmington about six miles from 4JX, but the one with the cages and weird crypt-like tunnels is Shade Swamp, also in Farmington and six miles from 4JX but on the other side of Route 10. Shade Swamp was an animal rehab sanctuary in the 1930s but was shut down in the 60s. It's very creepy and you best believe I'll be visiting ASAP.

@Jbetty567 is also spot on about Deercliff being the swankiest, fanciest zip code in the Farmington Valley. There are other luxury developments, especially in Avon, but none as coveted as the homes on the so-called "Mountain" aka Avon Mountain (Deercliff Rd runs along the top of the ridge like a spine). I recently drove to 585 Deercliff then to 4JFX and finally to 80 Mountain Spring and my biggest takeway is these homes are definitely wooded and more secluded than other developments in the area, but the lots are still pretty close to each other.

80 MS, in particular, shocked me with how visible it is to the neighbors. It's farther down the road/mountain from 585 DC and 4FJX and in this kind of basin with five or six big houses looking down on it from the above ridgeline. I'll need to see it with leaf cover, but it looked super exposed today. Way too exposed to dispose of a body.

The most secluded property, by far, is 585 Deercliff. It's set pretty far back from the road and backs up to a big stretch of uninterrupted wood.

^^ all just my two cents, take with a grain of salt, MOO, etc.

Interesting.
But back in the 70's and 80's it wasn't so tony.
His parent's house was typical of the time in Avon and Farmington for new construction.
Harvest gold appliances and bathrooms, laminate kitchen floors and stained wood doors and trim.
New or brown brick fireplaces with rustic mantles.
All very chic at the time.
Deercliff Rd has come along way, baby.
MOO.

Hi, Sleuthing friends,

I have two loosely related thoughts. The relationship is nobody brings up anything for no reason.

Alathea above basically had a lot of the same thoughts I did regarding Pattis’ motivations for bringing up the recording. One additional theory is that what was recorded was bad enough that Pattis was trying to get ahead of it- pushing the victim angle ahead of it being released. That way, some would see headlines and think, “ ho-hum. I already know this. Some paparazzi wannabe bothering Fotis.” It blunts the impact of the next shoe. Oldest mitigation trick in the PR book.....

(my theories only)

also wondered if whatever was taped is somehow so negative it has to be blunted by NP, but in general, if it is negative, it is risky for it to even be mentioned at all, IMO

I think KM will plea....he really knows what will happen to him.

I don’t think MT will plea. She thinks she can beat the charges because she believes what lover boy told her. Her mom got off with her issues and is filling MT’s head with wrong info. I do think her lawyer is trying to help her though.

Can't help but wonder what Mom is thinking?
This isn't fraud.
It's murder.
MOO.

Welcome Jbetty567! You are making Farmington/Avon "come alive" for all of us non locals here! I had no idea that Deercliff was such a desirable location as we saw Fd simply abandon that property and leave it to virtually rot away. Thank you for cluing us in!

What do you think about the possibility of the old Tilcon quarry or somewhere around the Avon Old Farms as a possible place to dispose of the body?

We saw a lot of activity around the ski pond and area Reservoirs too? Can you think of any other locations that might deserve a second look?

Also, do you have a sense of recreational drug use amongst the Farmington/Avon/West Hartford adults? We've long been exploring a possible 'drug angle' here whether its prescription drugs or more recreationally oriented drugs.

The dinner party that Fd/MT oddly threw the night before JFd was murdered has also long been a source of curiosity here. I mean who invites a bunch of friends over the night before you go out and murder someone? It seems that part of the MT alibi was to return something left at the party to the owner of the Avon Storage (*advertiser censored* for short!) on 5/24 and she made one other stop to see a friend per her AW3. Do you have any ideas on who might have been at this night before the murder party at 4Jx? It doesn't seem likely that KM was there but IMO its not totally clear in AW3.

MOO
I believe the dinner party somehow fit into Dulos' plans, but those plans sure backfired when everyone noticed he left the party, using the excuse that he had to go buy more "meat." I am not buying that story line at all. The cellphone data also puts Dulos and KM in communication at that exact time, as well as a stop by Dulos at 80MS while he was away from the party. Something was clearly up. We are going to hear more about this curious party at trial IMO.

When I first read that yesterday, I assumed it was about the former Greek nanny from years ago - the one who ran over Grandma in the car - so that it was in addition to LA (who was the recent nanny at the time of the murder, whom he was already prevented by the court from contacting).

Fd was able to manipulate the former (Greek) nanny when the 'runover' happened, apparently to say whatever Fd wanted her to say - actually, he just talked FOR her, and changed her entire original story.

Wonder if he has tried to contact her - the previous Greek nanny from years ago - recently. It would appear to be so - why else mention it all of a sudden?

if the prosecution wants to make mention of the incident with FD's mother, the defense might want the former nanny to refute any statements that there was something nefarious in that death, IMO

@curiousinct, sometimes I think we have a 'mind meld' going on in terms of curious things that interest us!

I'm just curious about what Fd wrote about in his college essays, don't know why and I do wonder if HE TOLD THE TRUTH TOO. Given the Fd penchant for lying wouldn't it be a kicker if he might have told a fib or 2 to get into Brown? Naughty Naughty if so, as see where that has gotten some folks here into a bit of trouble with the Feds!

Was Fd in a secret society at Brown? Not sure, but I'm curious about whether he had any friends and was he accepted socially? Secret Societies - Ivy League Secret Societies I have my suspicions on all of this but I'm curious if anyone that knew Fd at this time in his life ever comes forward or is Brown simply praying that references to it will eventually drop away when folks refer to Fd?!?!?!?

We know now that Fd is not a psychopath (I'm reserving judgment on this call based on the reviews and cred's of the psychologist and the fact that it appeared he didn't give Fd the entire test that is given to psychopaths) and he is gregarious per his psychologist. But I can't help but think that Fd in his college essay made it ALL about him and maybe possibly water skiing or math? Somehow I don't think he wrote much about a personal contribution or experience involving another human being. Nope. All Fd and all the time!

The Fd Brown connection is interesting as NOT ONE PERSON from that time has stepped forward to speak about Fd. I have this image of attending an alum event and bring up his name and people slinking away and hiding from the person asking the question, even if they were Fd first year bunkie! But, its not just the Brown connections, its the Columbia connections and for that matter ANY FRIENDS. Why no friends? The only kinda friend we see is alcoholic KM who didn't even seem to socialise with FD and MT? What was that all about????

JFd talked in her blogs about how Fd always had to be out and with people. Odd that for a guy who was 'out' and 'with people' that no people have come forward to talk about you in a positive way. Again, very odd to me. I will never forget watching the Fd FB page after the first arrest and how his so called 'friends' immediately defriended him. Its interesting to see who is still left.

JFd has a group of friends around her going back to her days growing up in NY. These folks have stayed connected and JFd made friends along the way as she moved around and raised her family. Friends in NC were involved with filing the police report and they are no doubt the reason the investigation is where it is today into the death of JFd.

Fd has his friends from Greece, Yannis and Andreas and one is now named in AW3. Neither of these lifelong friends have spoken out on behalf of their friend but perhaps its because they are in the crosshairs of US LE? IDK.

Fd seems like something of a social ghost and its odd. Perhaps he didn't ever really connect with people and just viewed them as means to an end. Oops, but I think that was part of the missing page of questions from the psychologist "Are you a Psychopath" test!

MOO
I think it will all come out eventually that many of her friends had reservations about Mr. Fotis. Her biological clock was ticking. She was an easy target. And he wooed and schmoozed her. Swept her off her feet.
He is good at that.
MOO.

No worries.

MOO
Completely with you.
My head starts to spin reading all the other layers of this crime and I am forced to re-center and re-focus.
Ground zero.
Back to the basics.
North end of Hartford.
The beginning of the end.
And if I could get to FUDGE I would give him a huge hug. LOL.
Fudge be da man, along with all those neighbors who can identify Fotis dumping trash in THEIR neighborhood.
How dare he?
MOO.

I'm also reminded of that odd Bristol address on the search warrants, in a modest residential neighborhood - but no house at the address. Bristol is next to New Britain, where Tilcon is HQ'd. They also have a Waterbury location, Waterbury being another place that came up in sleuthing.
Locations | Tilcon Connecticut Inc.
View attachment 227927
Google Maps

Tilcon CT is one of the largest road contractors in the State of CT and has a facility in Farmington, CT

There is another abandoned facility at 232 Colt in Farmington, CT which is a dangerous place and remains private property owned by Tilcon and this used to be a quarry/mine of some sort.

Google Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member