Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends how bad the brain damage was.

I have a friend in Lyme whose brother was diabetic and did not take his condition seriously enough and ended up in a coma for months. In that state the body is still on auto pilot but the brain is not functioning cognitively. If he is in a coma who would make a decision to pull the plug? His family in Greece?
I suppose it would be his family in Greece, as those are his next of kin.

That’s the way I think this ends. I just wish I could be the one to do it.

Really though, for the courts to give someone with his history bond...dumb. He had all the red flags for something like this and now look at the consequences, the emergency response, the money, everyone's time...when it all could have been prevented. CT needs change. This case hopefully changes a lot fo things. GEEZ!!!! My opinion only.

What a sad and sordid end. If he didn't have a pulse for 30 minutes, he's done, and will never have to answer for his brutality. Now they can just prosecute MT and KM and the children will bear the scars for life. A family that could have had everything, he did indeed have a beautiful life, and he destroyed it. Why?? It will never make sense. They could have had an amicable divorce but he was too malicious to be civilized, too greedy to give up all the money he felt he was entitled to spend on himself and his mistress. He created his own hell but worse, he created hell for os many innocent victims. NP also has shame and blood on his hands. He'll blather on with righteous indignation when he is part of the problem.

Police said officers responded to the house for a well-being check because he was late for his court appearance.

When officers arrived on the scene, Dulos was seen sitting in his car with obvious signs of medical distress. Officers forced entry and performed life-saving measures.

The paramedics were spotted giving him CPR outside of his garage.

Farmington police said this was an attempted suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning.

Fotis Dulos in critical condition after attempted suicide

Police say Fotis Dulos in critical condition after sources say he attempted suicide
really good info here by the HC IMO- he didn’t have a pulse and then after 30 minutes of CPR he had one - that’s a really long time isn’t it?

If true, he’s a vegetable.

CPR maintains a level of oxygen to the brain, and can be given over a long period of time.

I think the damage would primarily be from the time he stopped breathing to the time he was administered CPR. He would be "lucky" if this time was only 5 minutes or less.

On the bright side, I would imagine he will never be the same, if he survives.

What Happens After A Lack of Oxygen to the Brain?
  • Between 30-180 seconds of oxygen deprivation, you may lose consciousness.
  • At the one-minute mark, brain cells begin dying.
  • At three minutes, neurons suffer more extensive damage, and lasting brain damage becomes more likely.
  • At five minutes, death becomes imminent.
  • At 10 minutes, even if the brain remains alive, a coma and lasting brain damage are almost inevitable.
  • At 15 minutes, survival becomes nearly impossible.

Police say Fotis Dulos in critical condition after sources say he attempted suicide
really good info here by the HC IMO- he didn’t have a pulse and then after 30 minutes of CPR he had one - that’s a really long time isn’t it?
My nephew is a casualty of the fentanyl epidemic and experienced something similar. He OD’d and had no pulse when first responders arrived. They worked on him for 30 minutes and he recovered a weak pulse on the way to the ER. It was enough to keep him alive for several more days but ultimately he had to be removed from life support.

Not sure about the physiology of it but something about that period of time without oxygen often leads to swelling at the brain stem and a likely permanent vegetative state. So the family chose to pull his plug. Thank goodness, at the end, most of his organs were salvageable. He is gone but three other lives were saved or improved. (Silver linings and all that...) Not sure if the same is true for those with CO poisoning.

MOO.

https://www.wfsb.com/news/fotis-dulos-suspect-in-estranged-wife-s-murder-has-died/article_48a736a4-41da-11ea-b138-4347593ff276.htm

Saw this coming from a mile away

Dunno if the GPS is that sensitive as to feet, but the computer on board with the vehicle (if new model) would show when the car was turned on. MOO

Question for y'all. While vehicle / model / year is the one shown pulled out?

I'm wondering if his newest accessory had something to show pulse... like an iwatch but attached to his gps monitor.... I think that feature would make sense, cuz if pulse stops, either something is wrong with the suspect or they have cut the bracelet off. I hope this is something that comes standard on that model.

@kassijackson_

A LifeStar helicopter carrying Fotis Dulos leaves UConn Health Center Saturday afternoon in Farmington, as Dulos is airlifted to the Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx for their hyperbaric chamber, as he is in critical condition and being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.
EPZZJJtXUAEZBOa

It depends how bad the brain damage was.

I have a friend in Lyme whose brother was diabetic and did not take his condition seriously enough and ended up in a coma for months. In that state the body is still on auto pilot but the brain is not functioning cognitively. If he is in a coma who would make a decision to pull the plug? His family in Greece?

Rena would be next of kin. Unless he had legally established someone else as medical poa she is the one who would make decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxmia2020