Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think he would have written something for his children before he attempted suicide. Perhaps police found something in plain sight in the garage or car that led them to file for a search warrant under the existing charges. Perhaps there was a short note in the car or in FD's clothing. JMO.

I’m being a smartass here but... NP has said No proof JD is dead/ she’s pulled a “gone girl” scenario. They are technically still married does that mean JD gets to make FD’s medical decisions? Or they would have to prove she wasn’t alive to let someone else make those decisions? Or that by NP supporting someone else making medical decisions for FD he is indeed supporting the argument that JD is no longer with us and blowing up his original Case. I mean how can he support other family coming in to make these decisions when he’s said all along he doesn’t believe her to be dead.
*I hope you all can follow that. I’m not sure I got it out of my head right.
Good one!

Atty. P. would probably argue that she is 'missing and unable to be present and so an alternative family member has been found to deal with the medical matters'.

Good luck here and I hope Fd had some kind of medical arrangements in place or living will.

MOO

I’m being a smartass here but... NP has said No proof JD is dead/ she’s pulled a “gone girl” scenario. They are technically still married does that mean JD gets to make FD’s medical decisions? Or they would have to prove she wasn’t alive to let someone else make those decisions? Or that by NP supporting someone else making medical decisions for FD he is indeed supporting the argument that JD is no longer with us and blowing up his original Case. I mean how can he support other family coming in to make these decisions when he’s said all along he doesn’t believe her to be dead.

Totally got what you are saying....the Dulos family should have to prove that Fd’s wife is dead, so his sister can make medical decisions on his behalf. Any legal entity that determines Rena is allowed to make these decisions should be subject to evidence in the criminal case as further proof that Jennifer is dead.

While the medical staff (and family) likely know the severity and prognosis of FDs CO poisoning, and by all means the CPR and ongoing life support indicates a very poor prognosis, it may still be too soon to tell if he could recover (given the limited bit we know- medical staff have clear idea however).
Here is a case where very severe CO exposure and poisoning in an automobile occurred with the patient in a coma, but after 3 days of hyperbaric treatments, the patient came out of the coma on day 7 and after one month was functioning more or less ok.
There are other cases in the literature too, so it seems that while the prognosis is almost certainly dire, from what we know now it may not be futile.
Once Greek family arrives there will likely be more information eventually.
Coma reversal with cerebral dysfunction recovery after repetitive hyperbaric oxygen therapy for severe carbon monoxide poisoning. - PubMed - NCBI

I worry that when their aged grandmother is no longer able to care for them, FD's family may gain custody of them and access to their considerable trust funds. How will custody of these poor kids be determined? If Jennifer had other family, I would really hope that custody will go to them, if they want it and are capable of it, because thanks to FD, that family has lost enough already. They don't need to lose cntact with Jennifer's kids, and the kids don't need to lose contact with their mother's family.
Unlikely without an international legal fight his family can’t afford . GF has good lawyers who will gain full legal custody and control, and set up a system of guardians of minor children in the event of her death. We have a whole list of guardians written into our will and none of them are hubby’s family or mine. JMO/JME

EFT

Last edited:
Totally got what you are saying....the Dulos family should have to prove that Fd’s wife is dead, so his sister can make medical decisions on his behalf. Any legal entity that determines Rena is allowed to make these decisions should be subject to evidence in the criminal case as further proof that Jennifer is dead.

Really? Would you really want this to be general practice and precedent for all patients?

Yeah, most people who commit suicide don’t leave notes behind (something in the ballpark of 75% from what I can gather).

He seems to have a limited timeframe with which to work, and that doesn’t seem conducive to leaving a note.

It is certainly possible that he wrote one beforehand, but I think that’s unlikely.

Any note would probably continue his pattern of defiance, and be completely self serving. There’s no way this sociopath grew a conscience and did the right thing in regards to both a confession, and providing the location of the body.

So there’s likely no note, and if there is one, it doesn’t help the investigation.
I think his note would say..."I love my children and I miss them very much". moo

Honestly, I don't think the older ones will forgive not being allowed to see him. There is likely no later to see him alive here. Maybe they don't want to, and that is a different story.

I don't recall - was there ever any mention of children being afraid of Dad besides they did NOT want to water ski 12-14 hour days; (no *rational* parent would subject kids to that)...maybe the children enjoyed their supervised visits with him...I would assume the older ones would have had some say in, WE DO NOT want to see Dad and their wishes granted at 14 ish not to see him if they didn't want to..

Truly awful. They lost both parents. They have to live with the horror and evil that resulted in that loss. Probably really feeling stigma and shame.

It’s the worst. And it keep worrying about who will care for them when GF is too old. I’m worried his family will get their hands on those poor kids. And then talk about what a hero their dad is.

This is exactly what I am worried about !

I have to trust that GF has made every effort possible to have Jennifer’s sister made their legal guardian the instant GF passes ( may it be many years from now, please).

I have to harbor great doubts and concerns about FD’s sister and her ability to provide a safe, private life for these children. The children should not not be subject to more infighting and legal manoevering after FD passes.

While the medical staff (and family) likely know the severity and prognosis of FDs CO poisoning, and by all means the CPR and ongoing life support indicates a very poor prognosis, it may still be too soon to tell if he could recover (given the limited bit we know- medical staff have clear idea however).
Here is a case where very severe CO exposure and poisoning in an automobile occurred with the patient in a coma, but after 3 days of hyperbaric treatments, the patient came out of the coma on day 7 and after one month was functioning more or less ok.
There are other cases in the literature too, so it seems that while the prognosis is almost certainly dire, from what we know now it may not be futile.
Once Greek family arrives there will likely be more information eventually.
Coma reversal with cerebral dysfunction recovery after repetitive hyperbaric oxygen therapy for severe carbon monoxide poisoning. - PubMed - NCBI
Thanks, @sleuth66, I had heard of people in similar circumstances as FD's situation recovering to lead relatively normal lives, this is an example. MOO

I haven’t read all posts yet- I am on page 3 of thread 41. So forgive me if this point was discussed.

Regarding whether Fotis intended to be found or not, I have a question.

Isn’t that his car blocking the pass through to the garage doors? If so, it’s parked in a weird place. Why not pull all the through and get closer to doors? Was the car there just to block the way? To keep help out? Slow discovery of the blocked doors by the bond minder (or whatever her role was) ? Maybe she went in the front, couldn’t find him and called for help for fear he ran off into the woods? She would have seen his car still corking the pass, and have assumed he didn’t drive off?

I like the way you think!

Maybe FD is having a Come to Jesus moment somewhere deep in his asleep brain.... if he survives this, maybe he will come through it a different man, for the better.

There's been enough loss.

JMOJMO

YES

I love your logic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members