Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, DM is sensationalist, but also gets info other outlets don't always get...

"'He is completely reliant on life support.' Fotis Dulos' family members are flying in from Greece as they're urged to say their goodbyes..."

While this isn't remotely surprising information, it's the first I've seen it reported as such in MSM.

Fotis Dulos on life support after suicide attempt and family urged to say last goodbyes | Daily Mail Online
Replying to myself with the bullet points from the story:
  • Fotis Dulos' family have been urged to come to the hospital to say their goodbyes following his suicide attempt on Tuesday, DailyMail.com has learned
  • Dulos attempted to kill himself by carbon monoxide poisoning at his home in Farmington, Connecticut while awaiting trial for the murder of his wife Jennifer
  • Jennifer's body has not been found since she went missing in May 2019
  • Dulos, 52, was airlifted to Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx and is 'completely reliant on life support,' a source said
  • At one point, Dulos was legally dead before being revived
  • 'Doctors said brain damage is inevitable because of the amount of time he was unresponsive,' the source added
  • In the slim chance that he pulls through, the father-of-five is likely to be severely brain-damaged and not in a position to stand trial
  • Dulos' relatives from his native Greece are now flying into the US

Rena Dulos, his sister who lives in their native Greece, is his closest living adult relative, and is traveling to New York with his niece Angelika after relatives got on the first flight available after being told Dulos had tried to kill himself by carbon monoxide poisoning on Tuesday.

Officers found Dulos in the garage of his home with the car running behind the closed doors and a hose attached to the tailpipe.

It is understood that he had been in the car for some time.

Officers found Dulos in the garage of his home with the car running behind the closed doors and a hose attached to the tailpipe.

It is understood that he had been in the car for some time.

Dulos' new girlfriend, who has been intermittently staying with the real estate developer at his home, had left the home to go to the grocery store before he was discovered in the garage.
Fotis Dulos on life support after suicide attempt and family urged to say last goodbyes | Daily Mail Online

I worry that when their aged grandmother is no longer able to care for them, FD's family may gain custody of them and access to their considerable trust funds. How will custody of these poor kids be determined? If Jennifer had other family, I would really hope that custody will go to them, if they want it and are capable of it, because thanks to FD, that family has lost enough already. They don't need to lose cntact with Jennifer's kids, and the kids don't need to lose contact with their mother's family.

The pictures posted yesterday of the Jacobi set up is that it was a very large room and that patients were in the room in hospital beds. The doctor today said that the room was as large as the TV studio he was in this am. The room is large enough that it permits multiple patients and their caretakers to be in the room for care.
Confused.
He is saying the hyperbaric chamber is THAT large?
MOO.

I worry that when their aged grandmother is no longer able to care for them, FD's family may gain custody of them and access to their considerable trust funds. How will custody of these poor kids be determined? If Jennifer had other family, I would really hope that custody will go to them, if they want it and are capable of it, because thanks to FD, that family has lost enough already. They don't need to lose cntact with Jennifer's kids, and the kids don't need to lose contact with their mother's family.
She has a sister

Despite how I feel about the abyss of tragedy here, I don't envy his family's trip here. What a miserable journey.... nobody deserves this pain.

Bigger still, my heart is heavy for the children. WE can't get our heads around this, and they're going to have to find a way to do that, daily, for the rest of their lives.

So many wounds....

Praying for peace....

JMOJMOJMO
Yes, he sure has put a lot of people through much turmoil and tragedy....

"'He is completely reliant on life support.' Fotis Dulos' family members are flying in from Greece as they're urged to say their goodbyes..."

While this isn't remotely surprising information, it's the first I've seen it reported as such in MSM.

From the link:

"At his bond hearing on Wednesday, the judge ruled that Dulos would not have to deal with issues over his bond unless he recovers.

If his bond had been revoked, it may have prevented family from visiting him in hospital."

I don’t think there’s a chance in hell that FD’s family pursues custody, much less obtains it.

I’m sure arrangements will be made to keep them in the United States, in the custody of either Jennifer’s family, or friends.

Money won’t be an issue, and that’ll help things.

Confused.
He is saying the hyperbaric chamber is THAT large?
MOO.
There are 2 kinds of hyperbaric chambers, one is a room setup like what they have there, the other is an enclosed more tube-like chamber. Since Jacobi treats a lot of CO poisoning cases it makes sense they have the bigger setup.

From Hyperbaric oxygen therapy - Mayo Clinic
Depending on the type of medical institution you go to and the reason for treatment, you may receive hyperbaric oxygen therapy in one of two settings:

• A unit designed for 1 person. In an individual (monoplace) unit, you lie down on a table that slides into a clear plastic tube.
  • A room designed to accommodate several people. In a multiperson hyperbaric oxygen room — which usually looks like a large hospital room — you may sit or lie down. You may receive oxygen through a mask over your face or a lightweight, clear hood placed over your head.

Per DM-No Rear Admiral arrival expected:
Rena Dulos, his sister who lives in their native Greece, is his closest living adult relative, and is traveling to New York with his niece Angelika after relatives got on the first flight available after being told Dulos had tried to kill himself by carbon monoxide poisoning on Tuesday.

I’m being a smartass here but... NP has said No proof JD is dead/ she’s pulled a “gone girl” scenario. They are technically still married does that mean JD gets to make FD’s medical decisions? Or they would have to prove she wasn’t alive to let someone else make those decisions? Or that by NP supporting someone else making medical decisions for FD he is indeed supporting the argument that JD is no longer with us and blowing up his original Case. I mean how can he support other family coming in to make these decisions when he’s said all along he doesn’t believe her to be dead.
*I hope you all can follow that. I’m not sure I got it out of my head right.

All suicides are treated as a criminal investigation. I think the probable cause is at least two-part: Investigators found FD locked inside a running vehicle in his garage trying to gas himself. Police need to search the scene for evidence that FD was responsible and no evidence of a second suspect in his attempted death.

Next, FD's suicide attempt is evidence in the current charges against him. Investigators searching for dying man's declaration or suicide note that may have additional information on the disappearance of JD.

I checked with my law partner (criminal defense) and he says no. There has to be evidence of a crime for it to be investigated criminally.

However, the death itself can be investigated because any death is subject to the coroner investigating cause of death. But FD hasn’t been declared dead.

He thinks they got the search warrant by pretending they want to make sure no crime occurred here but of course the real reason is to get in the house and scour it. Although that must’ve been done already?

But he says investigating a suicide or attempt as a possible crime isn’t standard unless there’s something more. A reason for them to rule out homicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm