Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
83316130_10219881478820928_1978998338745270272_n.jpg
83895814_10219881501181487_8874532095834193920_n.jpg
Do you think her son is there also?

My guess? He may actually care about his client and is sad at this outcome IMO - I’ve worked with many attorneys for years and they do care about their clients - friendships beyond the attorney-client level are possible
JMO

I didn’t get the sense that KS liked Fd. And I suspect it’s because Fd treated him like the junior varsity whenever NP was busy with another client.

I didn’t get the sense that KS liked Fd. And I suspect it’s because Fd treated him like the junior varsity whenever NP was busy with another client.
What makes you say that? I just remember the last hearing when KS was putting a hand on FD's back in a warm, conciliatory way and I got the feeling he DID like him, and he seemed quite shaken by the suicide attempt. I think FD has one the unspeakable and I despise him, can't stand NP either, but I thought maybe KS was the more humane one.

The woman didn't leave until almost 11:30 so he didn't likely start it before then. IMO. No one seems to have a real time for that yet.
For all we know, he could have planned to do this even prior to the emergency hearing. Would take some time to have that car hosed up - could have done that the day or night before. We will never know.

The big question two days after Fotis Dulos’ attempted suicide on Tuesday is whether the man charged with killing his wife will be competent to participate in the legal proceedings against him.

Among legal experts and forensic psychologists, the consensus Thursday was that the trial will likely not take place if Dulos is not legally competent, and unable to understand the charges against him. This will likely end the criminal case against Dulos, a real estate developer facing prosecution after the disappearance of the mother of his five children.

If that happens, experts say Dulos will likely end up in a mental healthcare facility.

Fortis’ lawyers rushed to the hospital earlier this week to be with their client, who reportedly attempted suicide at his Farmington home. Two days later lead counsel Norm Pattis said in court that Dulos’ condition was “dire.”

“The first issue is competence,” said Shipman & Goodwin attorney [URL='https://www.shipmangoodwin.com/jbergenn-1']James Bergenn
, a long-time criminal defense attorney, who is not involved in the Dulos case. “Otherwise, you do not have a meaningful Sixth Amendment right.”

White-collar and federal criminal attorney Richard Brown of Hartford’s Brown, Paindiris & Scott agreed.

“The obvious and controlling question is the ability of Dulos to recover from his attempted suicide, and the effect it has on his intellectual capacity to understand what is going on,” Brown said.

Neither Pattis or prosecutor Richard Colangelo Jr. were available for comment at presstime.
[/URL]
What's Next for Attorneys After Fotis Dulos' Attempted Suicide? | Connecticut Law Tribune

I feel bad for Norm, he probably feels responsible in part to Fotis' suicide attempt
I don't feel bad for him. IMO, he is a Narc. Narcs really don't have feelings for anybody except themselves. They don't feel responsible for anything. More than likely, he manipulated the situation and feels good riddance to bad rubbish. FD was a stone around his neck. If FD is truly a goner, NP is likely breathing a sigh of relief. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member