Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Connecticut bondwoman raised concerns with the lead prosecutor in the Fotis Dulos murder case within hours of the Farmington man’s Jan. 9 release on a $6 million bond.
Nearly three weeks later, on the morning he was due in court for a hearing on the bond, Dulos, who died Thursday, was found in his car after an apparent suicide attempt.
The 52-year-old, charged with murder, felony murder and kidnapping in the death and disappearance of his estranged wife, Jennifer Dulos, faced his bond being revoked and being sent back to jail at the hearing.
The hearing was called after the company that backed the bond discovered Fotis Dulos did not disclose that two homes put up as collateral were under foreclosure and didn’t provide enough value. In a motion filed in state Superior Court in Stamford, the South Carolina company stated the new information meant the bond created more risk than is allowed under Connecticut law.
McGuigan filed a motion Tuesday morning, indicating Palmetto was no longer willing to back the bond. McGuigan said in the motion that Dulos didn’t mention that two of the homes — 4 Jefferson Crossing in Farmington and 61 Sturbridge Hill Road in New Canaan — he put up as collateral for the bond were in foreclosure.
Farmington police found Dulos unresponsive in his running car in his garage around noon that day when he failed to appear for the emergency bond hearing in Stamford. The hearing was postponed to Wednesday when Judge Gary White revoked the bond and ordered Dulos rearrested if he survived.
when he posted the $6 million bond.
Anna Curry, a former co-worker listed on bond documents as his “best friend,” immediately paid $147,000 and agreed to 15 monthly installments of $18,143.33 to pay off the remainder of the $420,150 needed to release Dulos, who also wrote a check for $1,000, according to state Insurance Department documents obtained by Hearst Connecticut Media.

Mary Anne Casey, owner of Casey Bail Bonds Inc., and an advocate for Connecticut bond reform, said she immediately noticed potential issues with Dulos’ bond.
Within hours of Dulos’ release on Jan. 9, Casey emailed Richard Colangelo, the prosecutor on the case who was appointed chief state’s attorney on Thursday. Casey alerted Colangelo about her concerns that the bond could have been improperly written and pose a risk for escape, she wrote at 3:30 p.m. Jan 9 in an email obtained by Hearst Connecticut Media.
Colangelo could not be reached Friday for comment about the bond.
Connecticut law requires companies to only back bonds up to 10 percent of their annual surplus. If the company’s surplus in any year is $6 million, then it could back a bond for $600,000 and is required to obtain liquid assets as collateral for the rest, Casey said as an example.
Casey said a Connecticut state trooper contacted her a few days after her email to Colangelo. Casey said she told the trooper that the Department of Insurance should be notified because she believed Palmetto didn’t have the surplus capital or the proper amount of collateral to back a $6 million bond.

Casey, who has worked as a bondwoman in the state for nearly four decades, told a state Department of Insurance official in a Jan 16 email that she believed based on public financial records that “the only way a bond of this size could have been executed legally is if another company was willing to reinsure them,” she said.
She contends there should have been a closer examination of the property values that Dulos provided as collateral before the bond was signed.
The $147,000 Curry already paid is not refundable unless the Connecticut or South Carolina departments of insurance void the bond, Casey said. Curry could also be on the hook for the remaining $272,000 she was supposed to pay in installments, Casey said.
Curry could not be reached for comment. Dulos’ attorney Norm Pattis did not respond to requests on Friday for comment about the bond.
Casey is calling for the Connecticut and South Carolina insurance agencies to closely examine the bond and to investigate others that Palmetto currently has on file.
“This is something that should not be ignored,” she said.
Email shows prosecutor notified of bond concerns hours after Fotis Dulos release

Yes, Atty. P. all over this one!

Wonder if Fd sent Atty. P. a photo prior to his death?

How else would Atty. P. have gotten the note so quickly?

The scene was locked down with CSP/FPD immediately.

MOO
Yes, he could have taken a photo and texted it to him. I agree NP’s comments have been fishy about this.

Lawyers for Fotis Dulos, who died on Thursday amid a criminal trial for the murder of his long-missing wife Jennifer, released what is believed to be a suicide note by their client.

The note came from Dulos' attorneys. The letter's authenticity has not been confirmed by Connecticut State Police or Farmington Police.

‘If It Takes My Head to End This, So Be It’: Attorneys Release Suspected Fotis Dulos Suicide Note

@Seattle1, unfortunately I think we live in a world surrounded by them and I'm sadly no different from others here who have had the misfortune to encounter one of these folks and learned many lessons about dealing with them the hard and very painful way.

The thing though about Fd that threw me a bit is that I do believe that he bridges the line between narc and sociopath (leaning more toward sociopath vs narc IMO) and then you toss in the delusion and denial and inability to acknowledge the past and I agree he is a classic case of a few things.

Its hard to imagine folks without a range of emotions including empathy and inability to care about others but its just the way so many of these folks are wired.

I do wish that Fd had had treatment and evaluation by a top notch psychologist (not that I believe it would have made much difference though) but it might have saved his life. Unfortunately the Family Court assigned psychologist (discussed here in depth many many threads ago) wasn't IMO up to the task of working with Fd and seemed to have zero impact.

Reading that suicide note yet again I wonder if Fd was simply pissed that the trial and his past with MT/KM were intruding on his acquisition of his latest 'Stepford Wife' Anna Curry and he just wanted to move on and keep things rolling with zero acknowledgment or consequences for the past? He certainly didn't care to provide closure to his 5 children who will live with this for the rest of their lives and I do think this is tragic and painfully sad on so many levels.

MOO
Narcs are completely different from Malignant N/Sociopaths. Garden variety Narcs are totally pathetic and need validation. They don't lie pathologically. They don't con people out of money. They are jerks on steroids but they can be managed. Garden variety Narcs do have attachment to others. They have very low self esteem at heart. Case in point, Josh Powell. IMO. Narcs can manage their disorder if they acknowledge it. Most do not. All sociopaths are narcissistic but not all narcissicists are sociopaths. Sociopathy CANNOT be treated and many professionals will not take such a person as a client. There is no hope for them. They are terminally mentally ill.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/01/fotis...-mother-in-law-for-control-of-mansion-assets/

With Jennifer not declared dead, she is 'still alive' and 'missing' so her mother has her POA..so NP is fighting to control a house bought with Gloria's husbands money for her 'missing' daughter and grandkids to live in, that was squatted in by the soon to be ex-son-in-law who didn't have two nickels to rub together...whose Greek relatives are going to trash a place he did not own...

"Complex financial matters" is laughable in this article, Jennifer had money, Dulos was a broke con man...not complicated..

Even in death Dulos is a sc8ew up...
Fd was not divorced at the time of his death and so shares marital assets with JFd.

Situation regarding the marital assets has been a longstanding issue.

Fd is believed to have dissipated the marital assets.

Atty. P. can set up whatever framework he likes for the Fd assets, the reality though is that he cannot simply pretend that JFd has no interest in the distribution of assets that he contemplating scooping up.

Further, the ultimate beneficiaries will be the 5 Dulos children so if Atty. P. is undertaking this rush to the Probate Court on behalf of the Greek relatives he can drive the speed limit and not rush as they will be irrelevant if there is no will as was previously mentioned by Atty. P.

I do wonder if Atty. P. even recalls the name JFd and the fact that Fd was NOT divorced.

Unbelievable comments from Atty. P. yet again......

I just want to open the window and shout, "I'm as mad as hell and I won't take it anymore".......

Classic scene from movie Network:

MOO

I would bet that, with all those people hanging around on the driveway during the resuscitation efforts, at least one resourceful person took a picture of that suicide note and sold it to a reporter within the hour.

I might ordinarily find that appalling and an invasion of privacy but with FD, my concern is strangely absent.

I doubt the first responders had anything to do with note being sent to HC.
But when the taint team came for the search of 4JX at least one representative for the defense came too, to ensure a valid search.

I doubt the first responders had anything to with note.
But when the taint team came for the search of 4JX at least one representative for the defense came too, to ensure a valid search.
Haha! Are you saying that our taint team was 'tainted'?????

What case deserves a tainted taint team more than this sad and tragic one....UNBELIEVABLE!

IMO if a member of Pattisville were present on that taint team that would NOT surprise me in the least! Wonder if CSP checked their pockets and did a cavity search as they left 4Jx too?

MOO

@Seattle1, unfortunately I think we live in a world surrounded by them and I'm sadly no different from others here who have had the misfortune to encounter one of these folks and learned many lessons about dealing with them the hard and very painful way.

The thing though about Fd that threw me a bit is that I do believe that he bridges the line between narc and sociopath (leaning more toward sociopath vs narc IMO) and then you toss in the delusion and denial and inability to acknowledge the past and I agree he is a classic case of a few things.

Its hard to imagine folks without a range of emotions including empathy and inability to care about others but its just the way so many of these folks are wired. I do wonder about whether he was a psychopath too?

I do wish that Fd had had treatment and evaluation by a top notch psychologist (not that I believe it would have made much difference though) but it might have saved his life. Unfortunately the Family Court assigned psychologist (discussed here in depth many many threads ago) wasn't IMO up to the task of working with Fd and seemed to have zero impact.

Reading that suicide note yet again I wonder if Fd was simply pissed that the trial and his past with MT/KM were intruding on his acquisition of his latest 'Stepford Wife' Anna Curry and he just wanted to move on and keep things rolling with zero acknowledgment or consequences for the past? He certainly didn't care to provide closure to his 5 children who will live with this for the rest of their lives and I do think this is tragic and painfully sad on so many levels.

MOO

I should have been more clear -- I found FD textbook narc in his relationships with JD, MT, AC, and even KM's estranged wife -- women in general.

FD was constantly grooming so there was always one waiting in the wings. Moves one out and here comes another which is shocking to the public since they don't understand that AC was most likely an FD primary supply for 15+ years, and wouldn't hesitate to come if he called.

I think both JD and AC were primary supply for FD for more than 15 years (before transitioned to secondary supply --on FD's schedule).

This definitely played a part in AC not hesitating to step in and rescue him. FD had most likely been treating AC as if she really was his best friend - mask intact.

No doubt FD's been convincingly maligning JD for decades -- grooming, coning, AC all along. He probably started saying the same about MT recently-- how he was doing so much for her and her daughter and how unappreciated he was.

I worry for AC. I don't think she knows what just hit her.

MOO

Last edited:
Haha! Are you saying that our taint team was 'tainted'?????

What case deserves a tainted taint team more than this sad and tragic one....UNBELIEVABLE!

IMO if a member of Pattisville were present on that taint team that would NOT surprise me in the least! Wonder if CSP checked their pockets and did a cavity search as they left 4Jx too?

MOO
Yes, NP should have had someone go as the defense member of the taint team to ensure the client attny privilige not compromised.
That is the purpose of the team.

People usually take the listings down after it’s sold.
If the things are still up you can tell by the inside of the house or the garage.
I looked through a lot of the Craigslist ads and did. not see anything that matched the inside of the house or the garage. And I thought, why am I even doing this, Kind of a moot point now.

Fd was not divorced at the time of his death and so shares marital assets with JFd.

Situation regarding the marital assets has been a longstanding issue.

Fd is believed to have dissipated the marital assets.

Atty. P. can set up whatever framework he likes for the Fd assets, the reality though is that he cannot simply pretend that JFd has no interest in the distribution of assets that he contemplating scooping up.

Further, the ultimate beneficiaries will be the 5 Dulos children so if Atty. P. is undertaking this rush to the Probate Court on behalf of the Greek relatives he can drive the speed limit and not rush as they will be irrelevant if there is no will as was previously mentioned by Atty. P.

I do wonder if Atty. P. even recalls the name JFd and the fact that Fd was NOT divorced.

Unbelievable comments from Atty. P. yet again......

I just want to open the window and shout, "I'm as mad as hell and I won't take it anymore".......

Classic scene from movie Network:

MOO
From the article you posted....BBM

A spokeswoman for Farber, Carrie Luft, said the family is “surrounding the children with support and love” in the wake of Dulos’ suicide.

“Losing both parents is unfathomable.”

Enough said, IMO....Time for NP to get off the pulpit and allow the living to breathe and live. MOO

NP can quietly work on his book. MOO...IMO

P.S.How appropriate The Network clip is in this case.

I think it's more than coincidental that NP isn't mentioned by name in the letter. What a hit that must be to NP's ego. I also wonder if that has any bearing on NP taking AC's case. Maybe NP is worried that FD talked to her about having hard feelings about NP.
Yes, especially since NP spent FD's last dying day with him and the family at the hospital. He was busy marketing his song and dance to his distraught sister and his best friend. Shame on him.

A Connecticut bondwoman raised concerns with the lead prosecutor in the Fotis Dulos murder case within hours of the Farmington man’s Jan. 9 release on a $6 million bond.
Nearly three weeks later, on the morning he was due in court for a hearing on the bond, Dulos, who died Thursday, was found in his car after an apparent suicide attempt.
The 52-year-old, charged with murder, felony murder and kidnapping in the death and disappearance of his estranged wife, Jennifer Dulos, faced his bond being revoked and being sent back to jail at the hearing.
The hearing was called after the company that backed the bond discovered Fotis Dulos did not disclose that two homes put up as collateral were under foreclosure and didn’t provide enough value. In a motion filed in state Superior Court in Stamford, the South Carolina company stated the new information meant the bond created more risk than is allowed under Connecticut law.
McGuigan filed a motion Tuesday morning, indicating Palmetto was no longer willing to back the bond. McGuigan said in the motion that Dulos didn’t mention that two of the homes — 4 Jefferson Crossing in Farmington and 61 Sturbridge Hill Road in New Canaan — he put up as collateral for the bond were in foreclosure.
Farmington police found Dulos unresponsive in his running car in his garage around noon that day when he failed to appear for the emergency bond hearing in Stamford. The hearing was postponed to Wednesday when Judge Gary White revoked the bond and ordered Dulos rearrested if he survived.
Anna Curry, a former co-worker listed on bond documents as his “best friend,” immediately paid $147,000 and agreed to 15 monthly installments of $18,143.33 to pay off the remainder of the $420,150 needed to release Dulos, who also wrote a check for $1,000, according to state Insurance Department documents obtained by Hearst Connecticut Media.

Mary Anne Casey, owner of Casey Bail Bonds Inc., and an advocate for Connecticut bond reform, said she immediately noticed potential issues with Dulos’ bond.
Within hours of Dulos’ release on Jan. 9, Casey emailed Richard Colangelo, the prosecutor on the case who was appointed chief state’s attorney on Thursday. Casey alerted Colangelo about her concerns that the bond could have been improperly written and pose a risk for escape, she wrote at 3:30 p.m. Jan 9 in an email obtained by Hearst Connecticut Media.
Connecticut law requires companies to only back bonds up to 10 percent of their annual surplus. If the company’s surplus in any year is $6 million, then it could back a bond for $600,000 and is required to obtain liquid assets as collateral for the rest, Casey said as an example.
Casey said a Connecticut state trooper contacted her a few days after her email to Colangelo. Casey said she told the trooper that the Department of Insurance should be notified because she believed Palmetto didn’t have the surplus capital or the proper amount of collateral to back a $6 million bond.

Casey, who has worked as a bondwoman in the state for nearly four decades, told a state Department of Insurance official in a Jan 16 email that she believed based on public financial records that “the only way a bond of this size could have been executed legally is if another company was willing to reinsure them,” she said.
She contends there should have been a closer examination of the property values that Dulos provided as collateral before the bond was signed.
The $147,000 Curry already paid is not refundable unless the Connecticut or South Carolina departments of insurance void the bond, Casey said. Curry could also be on the hook for the remaining $272,000 she was supposed to pay in installments, Casey said.
Curry could not be reached for comment. Dulos’ attorney Norm Pattis did not respond to requests on Friday for comment about the bond.
Casey is calling for the Connecticut and South Carolina insurance agencies to closely examine the bond and to investigate others that Palmetto currently has on file.
Email shows prosecutor notified of bond concerns hours after Fotis Dulos release

I'd only read that the bondwoman contacted the State Insurance fraud-line to report FD's bond should be looked at. Thanks for the additional information.

Last edited:

This is really informative...I had no idea about the complexity of the bond.

Furthermore, NP should have heard through his "grapevine" that there might be problems with this issue. Wonder what was so important in Washington D.C. to pull Norm away from CT?

He could easily have missed a call from Fd. Perhaps he'll share some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman