Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Things I wonder:

Did KS even try to contact him? Was he not Fauxtis's appointed minder that morning - whether assigned or merely assumed?

Didn't NP tell KS to keep track of Fd?

Did NP have a fight with Fd that made Fd feel deserted from his self-proclaimed Christ figure (NP, that is)?

Did they not know they had a fragile ego for a case, at the very least?

Why didn't Fd mention NP in the note? He was closer to him than most people at that point.

Did Fauxtis ever mention to his lawyers that he might do such a thing (commit suicide) if things got bad? People often do mention it ahead of time.

I really think that KS did NOT like Fd...I have been thinking that KS sort of dropped the ball with Fd. Of course, he was super high maintenance, and there wasn’t a lot of time that day, but I think Fd expected a lot of hand-holding.

Apologize if this has been posted before. I was under the impression that Fd's remains would definitely go to Greece, but Norm suggests that is not certain.

Really, really hope the family takes him home.

The Dulos family is now making funeral arrangements and has considered burying Fotis Dulos in Farmington.

“We recommended that Mr. Dulos body be removed from the United States for fear that his grave would be desecrated.”

One-on-one with Fotis Dulos’ attorney Norm Pattis

Apologize if this has been posted before. I was under the impression that Fd's remains would definitely go to Greece, but Norm suggests that is not certain.

The Dulos family is now making funeral arrangements and has considered burying Fotis Dulos in Farmington.

“We recommended that Mr. Dulos body be removed from the United States for fear that his grave would be desecrated.”

Those who bury their loved ones in Greece have to exhume them after a few years because there is not enough space in their cemeteries. Many exhume their own relatives themselves. I would not wish that experience on anyone honestly.

Well just burn him and scatter him at sea if they are so worried about it. In Greece they are starting to do cremations because they are running out of burial sites.

A Connecticut bondwoman raised concerns with the lead prosecutor in the Fotis Dulos murder case within hours of the Farmington man’s Jan. 9 release on a $6 million bond.
Nearly three weeks later, on the morning he was due in court for a hearing on the bond, Dulos, who died Thursday, was found in his car after an apparent suicide attempt.
The 52-year-old, charged with murder, felony murder and kidnapping in the death and disappearance of his estranged wife, Jennifer Dulos, faced his bond being revoked and being sent back to jail at the hearing.
The hearing was called after the company that backed the bond discovered Fotis Dulos did not disclose that two homes put up as collateral were under foreclosure and didn’t provide enough value. In a motion filed in state Superior Court in Stamford, the South Carolina company stated the new information meant the bond created more risk than is allowed under Connecticut law.
McGuigan filed a motion Tuesday morning, indicating Palmetto was no longer willing to back the bond. McGuigan said in the motion that Dulos didn’t mention that two of the homes — 4 Jefferson Crossing in Farmington and 61 Sturbridge Hill Road in New Canaan — he put up as collateral for the bond were in foreclosure.
Farmington police found Dulos unresponsive in his running car in his garage around noon that day when he failed to appear for the emergency bond hearing in Stamford. The hearing was postponed to Wednesday when Judge Gary White revoked the bond and ordered Dulos rearrested if he survived.
when he posted the $6 million bond.
Anna Curry, a former co-worker listed on bond documents as his “best friend,” immediately paid $147,000 and agreed to 15 monthly installments of $18,143.33 to pay off the remainder of the $420,150 needed to release Dulos, who also wrote a check for $1,000, according to state Insurance Department documents obtained by Hearst Connecticut Media.

Mary Anne Casey, owner of Casey Bail Bonds Inc., and an advocate for Connecticut bond reform, said she immediately noticed potential issues with Dulos’ bond.
Within hours of Dulos’ release on Jan. 9, Casey emailed Richard Colangelo, the prosecutor on the case who was appointed chief state’s attorney on Thursday. Casey alerted Colangelo about her concerns that the bond could have been improperly written and pose a risk for escape, she wrote at 3:30 p.m. Jan 9 in an email obtained by Hearst Connecticut Media.
Colangelo could not be reached Friday for comment about the bond.
Connecticut law requires companies to only back bonds up to 10 percent of their annual surplus. If the company’s surplus in any year is $6 million, then it could back a bond for $600,000 and is required to obtain liquid assets as collateral for the rest, Casey said as an example.
Casey said a Connecticut state trooper contacted her a few days after her email to Colangelo. Casey said she told the trooper that the Department of Insurance should be notified because she believed Palmetto didn’t have the surplus capital or the proper amount of collateral to back a $6 million bond.

Casey, who has worked as a bondwoman in the state for nearly four decades, told a state Department of Insurance official in a Jan 16 email that she believed based on public financial records that “the only way a bond of this size could have been executed legally is if another company was willing to reinsure them,” she said.
She contends there should have been a closer examination of the property values that Dulos provided as collateral before the bond was signed.
The $147,000 Curry already paid is not refundable unless the Connecticut or South Carolina departments of insurance void the bond, Casey said. Curry could also be on the hook for the remaining $272,000 she was supposed to pay in installments, Casey said.
Curry could not be reached for comment. Dulos’ attorney Norm Pattis did not respond to requests on Friday for comment about the bond.
Casey is calling for the Connecticut and South Carolina insurance agencies to closely examine the bond and to investigate others that Palmetto currently has on file.
“This is something that should not be ignored,” she said.
Email shows prosecutor notified of bond concerns hours after Fotis Dulos release

This is SO shady and makes me give Colangelo an even bigger side-eye than I've been giving him thru this whole debacle.

Those who bury their loved ones in Greece have to exhume them after a few years because there is not enough space in their cemeteries. Many exhume their own relatives themselves. I would not wish that experience on anyone honestly.

This is disturbing. What do they do with the bodies after exhumation?

Was hoping that following the organ donation and autopsy, the family would opt for cremation. Taking cremains on an airplane is not difficult I understand.

I suspect the channels by which Pattis got paid and by which Anna Curry got reimbursed were the same. And smitten or not by Fotis’ charms, I don’t believe Anna would take a $$$ loss on her relationship with Fotis. She could have been ripped off- maybe all the promised money won’t come to make those payments- but she didn’t plan to take a loss if she did.

Maybe the funds will barely cover her legal expenses rather than be the profit she anticipated. She better run to better representation-she should not be represented by the man who knows where Fotis’ ( ill-gotten) $$$ come from. It doesn’t matter if Pattis is not breaking laws by taking it or failing to disclose the source. It matters that Anna might have different interests than Pattis. She might be more culpable if she doesn’t tell. She absolutely has more to gain if she does tell. Get another lawyer, Anna.

Agreed. Huge conflict of interest for Attorney Pattis IMO if the funds went through the washer like we suspect. AC, like MT, needs to come clean. Now is a good time. MOO.

This is disturbing. What do they do with the bodies after exhumation?

Was hoping that following the organ donation and autopsy, the family would opt for cremation. Taking cremains on an airplane is not difficult I understand.
I don't understand much about the process to be honest, other than that graves are rented and only the very very rich can have permanent graves if at all. I believe the last resting place for many is called an 'ossuary.'

ETA but for those who cannot afford the ossuary fees... Well it's just too sad to think about. :(

Why Greeks are exhuming their parents

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members