Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

doodles1211

Reaction score
New Canaan Police are looking for a missing woman Saturday, May 25.

Jennifer Dulos, 50, was reported missing around 7:30 p.m. Friday, May 24. A sliver alert has been issued.

New Canaan Police with the assistance of the Connecticut State Police initiated a search and an investigation both of which are ongoing as of 8:45 am. Saturday..

Anyone with information related to Dulos’s whereabouts should contact Sgt. Joseph Farenga at 203-505-1332.

920x920.jpg

New Canaan Police search for missing woman

Media thread:
CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, Media, Maps, Timeline *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14
Thread #15[/B] Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #15 *ARRESTS*
Thread #16 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #16
Thread #17 Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #17
Thread #18 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #18
Thread #19 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #19
Thread #20 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #20
Thread #21 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #21
Thread #22 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #22
Thread #23 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #23
Thread #24 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #24
Thread #25 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #25
Thread #26 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #26
Thread #27 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #27
Thread #28 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #28
Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Welcome to our new members.

Please review THE RULES, particularly those called “Etiquette & Information” and “Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, etc.”, some of which are as follows:

Do not bring social media comments by the general public to Websleuths. They are considered rumor and are off limits. You can summarize information from an original post on a LE or MSM FB page. No copy and paste, no screenshots, and you must include a link.

Unless LE indicates that an individual is a POI/suspect, that individual is OFF LIMITS to sleuthing and speculation. Please keep your suspicions to yourself.

WS is VICTIM FRIENDLY. No sleuthing of family members, especially parents and spouses. We give them the benefit of the doubt and the last thing we want to do is re-victimize a grieving loved one.

Theories, opinion, speculation are welcome as long as they are based on FACTS that have been made available through mainstream media (MSM), law enforcement (LE), or other acceptable sources such as scholarly or professional publications.

When you state something as "fact", you must back it up with a link to an approved source. If you can't link it, you can't post it.

Copyright rules require that no more than 10% of any article may be copied and members must give credit to the source by providing a link. Again, if you can't link it, you can't post it. No link, no post.

Websleuths does not allow linking to unapproved sites, so if you happen to see one of your posts has disappeared, it could be because Websleuths does not allow discussion of hoax theories or rumors from other sites, or for a violation of one of The Rules noted and linked above.

DO NOT discuss moderation on the thread. Mods have the right to edit and delete posts at their discretion if there is a violation of TOS or the post is otherwise deemed inappropriate.

If you need help or have questions or concerns, the Mods are happy to assist. Please use the private messaging system called “Conversations” to contact us in a respectful fashion. Disrespect to members or Websleuths staff is not allowed.

The above is only a partial list of TheRules aka TOS. You'll find others in the links provided. Please check them out, as it is every member’s responsibility to know them and post in accordance with them.

images

This may have already been noted, but how ironic that FD was going so crazy in the confines of the sprawling (mc)mansion he had fought so hard to steal for himself. Fifteen-Thousand sq ft but the walls were closing in on him. It seems that FD could never stay in one place, for fear that he might have to spend time with his own worst enemy, himself. Always on the run. Always socializing. He could not spend "EVEN ONE MORE HOUR" in a jail cell because he would have to find some inner reserve and inner strength that he utterly, utterly lacked. MOO.

there is no skiing in prison (that I know of). I suspect more bad financial tangles, IMO, though I am not sure how they could be more extensive or worse. MOO.

How can NP represent Anna Curry and the Greek family about items relating to FD? Is that not a conflict of interests?

I smell rats...follow the money.

RULES OF PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT

Rule 1.7. Conflict of Interest: Current Clients
(Amended June 26, 2006, to take effect Jan. 1, 2007.)
(a) Except as provided in subsection (b), a law-
yer shall not represent a client if the representation
involves a concurrent conflict of interest. A concur-
rent conflict of interest exists if:
(1) the representation of one client will be
directly adverse to another client; or
(2) there is a significant risk that the representa-
tion of one or more clients will be materially limited
by the lawyer's responsibilities to another client,
a former client or a third person or by a personal
interest of the lawyer.
(b) Notwithstanding the existence of a concur-
rent conflict of interest under subsection (a), a
lawyer may represent a client if:
(1) the lawyer reasonably believes that the law-
yer will be able to provide competent and diligent
representation to each affected client;
(2) the representation is not prohibited by law;
(3) the representation does not involve the
assertion of a claim by one client against another
client represented by the lawyer in the same litiga-
tion or the same proceeding before any tribu-
nal; and
(4) each affected client gives informed consent,
confirmed in writing.
(P.B. 1978-1997, Rule 1.7.) (Amended June 26, 2006, to
take effect Jan. 1, 2007.)

Dave Altimari‏ @davealtimari
The ending to this story is telling. There were 389 pleadings in case when he wrote the letter. There are 544 now. The last one filed Friday notified the court he was dead.
‘I feel like a passenger in a runaway train that is headed to nowhere’: A frustrated, cash-strapped Fotis Dulos fought against judge overseeing his two-year contentious divorce

4:32 AM - 2 Feb 2020

Dave Altimari‏ @davealtimari
Four months before Jennifer disappeared Fotis Dulos wrote a secret letter opposing the reappointment of the judge in their divorce case. Heres his own words on his growing frustrations.
‘I feel like a passenger in a runaway train that is headed to nowhere’: A frustrated, cash-strapped Fotis Dulos fought against judge overseeing his two-year contentious divorce

4:22 AM - 2 Feb 2020

I was googling something related to this case that brought me here, and I saw some legal professionals were on the board so I thought they might clear it up.

I understand that it is being said that the cases against Kent Mawinny and Michelle Troconis could go forward. This doesn't make sense to me though, because as the state never had and will never have the opportunity to establish that Jennifer Dulos was murdered by her husband, how can these two people be considered to have conspired to commit murder with someone who hasn't even been convicted of murder?

I understand that there is a lot of evidence that is damning against Fotis Dulos, but as the only conviction that has happened is the unofficial court of opinion, how can you convict 2 other people who are being charged with a crime that is dependant on the original crime being convicted first? Would the courts not have to allow the posthumous trial as Norm Pattis is moving for, so that Fotis Dulos can be convicted of the murder, so that they can then move forward on the conspiracy charges against the other 2?

I was googling something related to this case that brought me here, and I saw some legal professionals were on the board so I thought they might clear it up.

I understand that it is being said that the cases against Kent Mawinny and Michelle Troconis could go forward. This doesn't make sense to me though, because as the state never had and will never have the opportunity to establish that Jennifer Dulos was murdered by her husband, how can these two people be considered to have conspired to commit murder with someone who hasn't even been convicted of murder?

I understand that there is a lot of evidence that is damning against Fotis Dulos, but as the only conviction that has happened is the unofficial court of opinion, how can you convict 2 other people who are being charged with a crime that is dependant on the original crime being convicted first? Would the courts not have to allow the posthumous trial as Norm Pattis is moving for, so that Fotis Dulos can be convicted of the murder, so that they can then move forward on the conspiracy charges against the other 2?

First off, I am not a lawyer, but I don’t think Dulos has to be convicted first. Evidence of a conspiracy is evidence of a conspiracy, and if the state has it, they can proceed. Conviction might be a different matter. I do think it’s likely that the state has good, solid evidence of a conspiracy; we should be able to extrapolate by watching what they do in the next few weeks or so. If they modify the charges, you can probably assume that their evidence is minimal, or that they don’t think they can get a conviction on the conspiracy charge. I don’t think Pattis is going to get any traction with his “let’s proceed with the case but substitute his ‘estate’ for himself, so he can be acquitted”. At all.

I'm not a legal professional but IMO, the cases against KM and MT can certainly go forward. KM is an atty so he certainly understands that. Attys have spoken out in media interviews and say there is no roadblock to the defendants being tried and convicted.

There is no legal rule that says FD had to be convicted before the conspiracy charges can be tried. FD has never spoken to LE and likely would never have testified in court. Again, no roadblock to convicting MT and KM. Their cases will fall and rise regardless of FD being dead or alive. The cases are separate.

The state will present all evidence available. Do you think that in a drug conspiracy case that the conspirator cannot be convicted just because the primary person charged has been killed in shooting? It doesn't work like that. The state can still establish that JD was murdered by her husband.

There seems to be alot of wishful thinking on behalf of MT/KM that the death of Fotis Dulos is a Get Out Of Jail Free Card. It's not. MOO.

I am hoping that, to counter the memorial to Fd, that more locals come by and add to Jennifer’s memorial, making Fd’s look puny and miserable (just like him!)

I agree and I’m sure this will happen. That was not a “memorial” for FD. It was a self-serving statement made by NP and FD’s family. Its purpose was to provoke anger and a negative response. IMO, those who did this are cruel, vengeful, and full of hate. MOO!

I’ve been catching up – back to reading!

Motion to Perserve Evidence
Marissa Alter on Twitter
Motion to Compel Discovery
Caren Pinto on Twitter
Is NP just trying to use up his retainer fee? Why would a motion need to be made to preserve evidence obtained from a search warrant? I mean, that happens naturally. So, on information and belief, LE has obtained this note. Where did the "information" come from? Did LE let him look at the note? How did he get photos of it? What if FD only sent a copy to NP and then destroyed the note? Is NP intending to make LE look bad? Very strange motion, IMO.

Is NP just trying to use up his retainer fee? Why would a motion need to be made to preserve evidence obtained from a search warrant? I mean, that happens naturally. So, on information and belief, LE has obtained this note. Where did the "information" come from? Did LE let him look at the note? How did he get photos of it? What if FD only sent a copy to NP and then destroyed the note? Is NP intending to make LE look bad? Very strange motion, IMO.

Knowing what a PITA Fd must have been, tells me that Pattis had to have used up whatever retainer he got in aggravation alone, IMO. Personally, I think he was planning on being highly visible with this case for a lot longer than this, and doesn’t want to give up the spotlight, so watch for more and more outrageous motions to be filed. Since he doesn’t seem to carefully consider or even proofread much of what he files, I don’t think it is costing him much at all in either time or effort; for him, it’s a “can’t lose” proposition now because it keeps him visible, even though Fd is dead. I do think he likes the fight, even if he doesn’t realize that he is way overmatched by better legal minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhernan1215