Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG!!! It was $500 dollars a week in the winter, which let's be honest, can be 9 months long in CT. And then the rate you pay fluctuates with the cost of oil. So if gas prices went up sharply, I knew that oil prices would be too.

Absolutely...we had some years where we were $2,200 a month/oil because the furnace was at 78% efficiency and fluctuating prices..and it would cost x to fix the furnace efficiency only getting it to tops 88% or x to swap out for natural gas..and we do not have a giant mansion..this is for standard 68 degrees in a decent size house for yes 9 months of winter (not this winter which it was 51 today, bizarre).

So we did the conversion (and are at 98% efficiency with the boiler/natural gas) and it paid for itself with in one year..our heat bills are $300-500 month tops even when its 1 degree to 15 degrees for the entire month..*part of the reason why thinking of Dulos all warm and cozy in that big giant mansion with someone else paying for his heat, no pun intended made my CT blood boil...

If he hadn't been deemed abusive to the children there would have never been a guardian.
I was under the impression the GAL was because he was badmouthing Jennifer, and trying to turn the kids against her. She seemed like a good mother, I would think they would have divorced long ago if he was abusing the children.

I imagine that fd sister will pay for transportation, I sure hope it is not the people of CT. The site as a lot of info...here is info on shipping bodies to other countries. Greece as well as other countries then have their own rules.

What to do when a loved one dies away from home | us-funerals.com

What happens if you need to transport the deceased overseas?
Transporting the deceased overseas can be more complex. Now there is export and import legislation to meet, customs declarations, consulate forms and the logistic requirements to coordinate a mortal shipment from a dispatching location in the U.S. to the receiving country, and receiving funeral service provider overseas. It can be really important to use the services of an experienced and professional funeral company that specializes in International funeral shipping, as time can be of the essence in gathering all the Embassy or Consulate documents, and knowing the requirements for funeral cargo shipping import for the destination country.

How much does it cost to ship a dead body to another country?
The cost for International Funeral Shipping is generally more expensive. As I have mentioned, it is a more complex process, which requires more time from the funeral director. Also, there can be additional fees for the Embassy paperwork, and the shipment tray requirements for the destination country. International ship-out fees tend to start at around $3,000 - $4,000, but can sometimes cost even more than this. On top of the ship-out service charge, you then have the airline cost for an international mortuary cargo fee. These obviously range by destination country, but a ball-park figure would be anywhere between $2,000 - $6,000.
This means an international repatriation of remains can cost thousands of dollars in total.

What does an International Funeral Shipping Provider do?
They arrange everything for you. Time IS of the essence if a body needs to be transported internationally. One call to an International Funeral Shipping Program Funeral Provider, and they will immediately set the ball rolling. Arrangements are made to collect the deceased from the place of death and move them to a funeral facility. They ensure the correct preparation for transportation, including a sealer casket, and ‘approved’ receiving country shipping container. They handle all the bureaucracy and coordinate all local, state, and receiving country consulate paperwork and handle the booking of all international flights. As ‘Known Shippers’ with major airlines, a Funeral Shipping Funeral Provider can usually confirm flight availability with ease and often have discounted programs. An experienced funeral shipper will be versant with shipping windows and after hours’ release processes, ensuring they can transport your loved one home as speedily as possible.
The specialized team handling the funeral shipping will also liaise with the receiving country, or state, funeral provider to ensure a seamless transportation process. They also handle the delivery and supervision onto the deceased’s international or domestic flight.
The export/import of human remains must meet the regulations of both the disembarking and receiving country. A certified English translation of the death certificate, written authorization from local authorities to remove the body, and a certificate of the embalming must accompany the body.

“We had contemplated burying Fotis in Farmington but fear desecration of his grave. We will remove his remains to Greece and bid farewell to a nation at war with its ideals,” she wrote.
“We are shocked at how Law Enforcement obsessively focused with speculation and circumstantial evidence on an innocent man and turned their back on finding the real perpetrator of this tragedy, who is now at large, still a threat to public safety,” Kyrimi said. “Words are not enough to describe our thoughts, emotions, and sorrow.”

Kyrimi also echoed her brother’s concerns with the family court system. Dulos had complained about the enormous costs of the divorce from paying a court-appointed monitor more than $175,000, to hiring experts and court monitors. He also complained that the court unfairly kept him from seeing his children and allowed his wife’s attorneys to control the courtroom.

“Will the State now investigate the circumstances that led to this horrible end? A family court system lacking accountability? A family court system bleeding the estate of Gloria Farber, while destroying a loving man’s relationship with his children?” Kyrimi wrote.

“We are not alone in wondering how great wealth can be abused to destroy a family. We call the Judiciary System, in the name of justice, to publicly release the family relations study in the family case; Fotis had no motive to kill. We demand nothing less than the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.”

The statement ends saying that the case is far from over.
Family of Fotis Dulos says he was ‘in a dead-end where he saw taking his own life as the only way to be granted peace’

I disagree with the assertion about LE being obsessive focused on circumstantial evidence. That is their job--to find people who do/did criminal things and make a case. While there have been instances of innocent people convicted of crimes they did not commit, there have also been people who committed crimes who were unable to be proven guilty. It is part of a perfectly imperfect system. If there was no Fd dna in JFd's house and no blood of hers in his vehicle and no video of Fd tossing bags of clothing, duct tape, zip ties, bloodied paper towels, and Fd having time unaccounted for on that day, we wouldn't be having a conversation on the overly focused LE but rather looking for evidence to identify her killer.

Where I do agree with the sister of Fd is that there is need for reform in the divorce and family court industry. No one should be able to create a situation where they bankrupt or pummel the other with so many motions that it is bank breaking. Nor should people be able to be emotionally abusive and attempt to alienate children from their parent. Fd's behavior has been abhorrent on so many levels I do not dispute that. But, the point on reform should be taken.

I will call BS on the idea that he was so cornered that he had to take his life. Many innocent men/women who are incarcerated fight for years to clear their name--is it fair? No, but it is a part of the system. This whole he had no conscience of guilt is a load of garbage. Fd had her bra, t-shirt, items with her dna/blood that he disposed of the night of her disappearance. He claimed exculpatory evidence yet we have seen none. And, in our system, the burden of proof is on the prosecution. He didn't like that they were proving a case against him. He knew he was going to go to prison for murdering her and, probably more important to him, become poor and disgraced by a guilty verdict. If he was cornered, he created the small box that he was in--not LE, not the prosecutors, not the media and not the people on SM who spoke up about his horrendous actions. Note to all criminals, don't do the crime if you don't want to do the time. It is just that simple. There are very few people who are brilliant at planning a crime so well that they get away with it.

This is the letter Fotis Dulos’ family sent to the Courant by his sister, Rena Kyrimi, Monday:

Suicide – the last word anyone who knew Fotis would associate with him. Caring and nurturing father, son, brother, and uncle, achiever, hard worker, fighter, loyal friend, accomplished sportsman, book worm, a great cook, unparalleled host. This was Fotis. He would walk into a room and immediately light it up. He was the man everyone wanted to befriend.
Fotis was a loving man much loved by those who actually knew him.

We, the family of this great man, feel let down by the State that pursued and harassed him and us relentlessly and with no mercy, without ever giving him or us a chance to speak our truth and to share, with a world that was too quick to call him a monster, our story. We feel devastated that a man, only 52 years of age, found himself in a dead-end where he saw taking his own life as the only way to be granted peace. We are enraged with the Media that used him to make sensationalistic headlines, thus manipulating public opinion; the Media abandoned the presumption of innocence, seeming heedless of the effect its reporting would have on the children in this case. We are shocked at how Law Enforcement obsessively focused with speculation and circumstantial evidence on an innocent man and turned their back on finding the real perpetrator of this tragedy, who is now at large, still a threat to public safety. Words are not enough to describe our thoughts, emotions, and sorrow...
The family of Fotis Dulos issues statement following his death

This is why I think the staged suicide got away from him...and his being such a control freak, just needed a ploy for time..underestimating the gas..because he decides it won't kill him..when AC comes back they get to buy time (literally)..in the hospital, and find a new way to secure the bond..

Otherwise, why not kill yourself in the middle of the night Monday night..why wait til broad daylight, when LE and attorneys are looking for you, AC wide awake...sneak off in the middle of the night and do it..

I understand that FD family is in pain. However no one stirred the media pot better than NP and FD. You can't have it both ways. As far as pointing the finger at a community, or world that cared about Jennifer F Dulos, and what happened to her, where is FD family's Collaboration in his suicide, or in his behavior?
Very little is said about how they want justice for Jennifer. All they are doing right now is popping a squat at the expense of GF good nature. Take that FD home to Greece when you leave , and don't let the door hit you in the *advertiser censored**!

Ok, first, nothing in the penal code

*sigh* I don't think the law means what you think it does. Yes, they can prosecute people who are peripheral without prosecuting the main player, but they still need to be able to make the case against the peripheral players, which in this instance they can't because they have a circumstantial case against FD with no direct witnesses. It isn't that they can't prosecute him, it is that they can't prove that a crime even occurred at this point. They don't have a body, they have no witnesses that link the peripherals to the main crime, so while it isn't absolutely required that the main person be prosecuted IN EVERY CASE in order to prosecute the peripherals IN THIS CASE they don't have anything to prosecute on without FD being tagged for it.

I used the example of the Pazuzu Algarod case, his girlfriend was prosecuted and served like 3 years, but there were several people who knew of her direct involvement including a direct witness. A case like that is what I believe the law is referring to, where there is independant evidence of the persons involvement.

My prediction is they pursue the obstruction and drop the rest. You must think I have some influence over the way the courts going to decide this because I can not understand why you care so much what I think that you just keep coming at me. You know, changing my mind won't change the outcome, right?
Cases can certainly be tried and won on circumstantial evidence only. A body is not needed either.
Frazee Trial: "No body" murder trials carry high conviction rates
DiBiase's research shows so-called "no body" murders carry a conviction rate of 88 percent. That's compared to just 70 percent for murders where the victim's body or remains are included in the evidence, according to the Department of Justice.

Prosecutors only charge in no-body cases when evidence is exceptional. So, when somebody is charged in a n0-body case, there is a mountain of evidence.

The law says that neither trial or conviction of the primary defendant is required to prosecute conspirators. That is very clear and I'm not sure what other meaning can be assigned to that.

There was enough probable cause for a judge to sign arrest warrants. There is no legal guideline that states there must be direct evidence for a conspirator to be brought to trial. Sure it happens, but not required.

FD has already been tagged for murder even though he can't stand trial The State will go thru every piece of evidence just as though he were still alive. Even if alive, the State could have chosen to prosecute MT and KM first. All the evidence was always going to be the same. Dead or Alive.

Personally, I would believe the video on Albany before I would rely on most people. Don't forget the testimony of the ex-employee. That is icing on the cake to video. A guy who did all the right things.

I will not predict yet what happens at trial but there is no legal basis to drop charges just because FD is dead. IMO.

Nothing changes the blood evidence of Jennifer's, FD and MT DNA on trash bags being disposed, that LE catches on video. There is so much evidence of FD, MT, and KM involvement it staggers the mind, IMO.

I'm sure FD family is sad, and they're striking out at what they perceive the unfair case against FD.

I read in the letter that they only discuss the Fotis they knew, and not the Fotis that they didn't know existed. Did they ever read the evidence the LE had complied against him? I would say did they ever ask him, but if they did, he would have denied it was true. There are some things that you can't deny and that is the trash bags, and the blood, the DNA evidence to name a few.

Maybe it is acceptable in their family for the men to do their own thing, and the women are just to take care of the children. It's possible they see that FD never did anything wrong because it's just the way their family is. But did he ever contribute to his family here, financially or mentally?

I also read into the letter the phrase they would take the body back to Greece for fear that the grave would be desecrated. The same words NP used, which leads me to believe NP might have a heavy hand in writing the letter. Also the last sentence, we demand nothing less than the whole truth and nothing but the truth? That certainly doesn't sound to me to be a phrase a grieving family would use. Will they also take back with them their mothers remains? Or do they know where she is buried or her ashes are kept?

Sorry they are grieving, but they have to know in their hearts that FD knew something more about JFD's disappearance, they don't seem to address any grief that JFD's family and her children still have not knowing where her remains are.

MOO

“We had contemplated burying Fotis in Farmington but fear desecration of his grave. We will remove his remains to Greece and bid farewell to a nation at war with its ideals,” she wrote.
“We are shocked at how Law Enforcement obsessively focused with speculation and circumstantial evidence on an innocent man and turned their back on finding the real perpetrator of this tragedy, who is now at large, still a threat to public safety,” Kyrimi said. “Words are not enough to describe our thoughts, emotions, and sorrow.”

Kyrimi also echoed her brother’s concerns with the family court system. Dulos had complained about the enormous costs of the divorce from paying a court-appointed monitor more than $175,000, to hiring experts and court monitors. He also complained that the court unfairly kept him from seeing his children and allowed his wife’s attorneys to control the courtroom.

“Will the State now investigate the circumstances that led to this horrible end? A family court system lacking accountability? A family court system bleeding the estate of Gloria Farber, while destroying a loving man’s relationship with his children?” Kyrimi wrote.

“We are not alone in wondering how great wealth can be abused to destroy a family. We call the Judiciary System, in the name of justice, to publicly release the family relations study in the family case; Fotis had no motive to kill. We demand nothing less than the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.”

Family of Fotis Dulos says he was ‘in a dead-end where he saw taking his own life as the only way to be granted peace’

IMO this public letter seems to be a shot across the bow blaming the Farber wealth for 'destroying a family'.

I've made the suggestion any number of times but it doesn't seem that the "Greek Family" actually read the Family Court file (of which I am sure Fd and his attys have complete copies including the non public bits).

Its unfortunate to hear this ongoing blame game play out in public during a time of Family Grief. Its also sad to see that when given a public platform to speak that instead of choosing to speak with LE ON THE RECORD the format taken is a 'hit and run' letter to the HC. Did anyone in the 'Greek Family' speak with CT LE ever? We know Fd never spoke with CT LE ever and frankly I do think this will go down as one of the main criticisms of the Atty. P. legal strategy. The lack of cooperation it appears of both Fd and the 'Greek Family' is disappointing, given that the goal was always to find JFd. The reference to some unknown killer on the lose in CT is equally irresponsible as if you have any information that can exonerate your brother then why not share it with LE? My guess is that its simply easier to criticise LE and head home to sunny weather. Fd could have spoken to LE at any time to exonerate himself but he never did. He had a suicide note (still don't know if it was real) to explain how he could be exonerated and he pointed the long finger at Atty. P. Atty. P. will never speak most likely as the quality of his representation of Fd will no doubt be debated endlessly as will be his statement that he never saw the suicide of Fd coming.

Again I make the suggestion to read the ENTIRE Family Court file prior to making a public call to release a single report which was absolutely discredited (as was the Doctor writing the report) by Judge Heller. Whoever is suggesting that this report will make a difference to change the public perception of your dead brother/uncle etc. IMO is leading you down a road of false dreams and wishes.

I would also strongly suggest reading the individual psychological reports of the older children to see precisely how Fd behaviour impacted the lives of these individuals in a way that was simply heartbreaking to read. The behaviour choices of Fd regarding his children and HIS CHOICE to not see his children for 10 months and to effectively weaponize the children against their mother amidst their psychological turmoil was probably one of the most heartbreaking and diabolical acts I've ever read about in a Family Court file.

IMO the prior DA article about the claims of the 'Greek Family' and the veiled innuendo surrounding the professionals in Family Court Case along with mention of the Farber wealth etc. was a shameful article that had little bearing IMO on the reality of the Family Court action that played out for 2 years. To single out one party or family as being responsible for the situation in Family Court simply belies the fact that there were 2 parties to the case. Fd filed more motions than JFd and even when he was representing himself held his own in the case but was losing not because he was "Greek" but because he didn't follow ANY rules. Fd was not a victim of the Family Court system IMO and the file present I believe confirms this as being true.

I wish the 'Greek Family' safe travels and time to work through their grief. I do hope at some point they can also reflect on the role and direct responsibility Fd had for the situation that he created in CT. The CT Family Court has any number of flaws and imperfections but it didn't rip a family apart, it didn't keep a father from his children and it wasn't responsible for his eventual death.

IMO Fd was himself alone responsible for everything that happened to him and its sad to see the 'Greek Family' perpetuate the identical delusion that we saw over and over from Fd. Fd was unable to look in the mirror and accept responsibility for anything ever and we have seen this in Family Court, Civil Court multiple times and ultimately Criminal Court.

MOO

Last edited:
Sorry. I re
Ok, first, nothing in the penal code

*sigh* I don't think the law means what you think it does. Yes, they can prosecute people who are peripheral without prosecuting the main player, but they still need to be able to make the case against the peripheral players, which in this instance they can't because they have a circumstantial case against FD with no direct witnesses. It isn't that they can't prosecute him, it is that they can't prove that a crime even occurred at this point. They don't have a body, they have no witnesses that link the peripherals to the main crime, so while it isn't absolutely required that the main person be prosecuted IN EVERY CASE in order to prosecute the peripherals IN THIS CASE they don't have anything to prosecute on without FD being tagged for it.

I used the example of the Pazuzu Algarod case, his girlfriend was prosecuted and served like 3 years, but there were several people who knew of her direct involvement including a direct witness. A case like that is what I believe the law is referring to, where there is independant evidence of the persons involvement.

My prediction is they pursue the obstruction and drop the rest. You must think I have some influence over the way the courts going to decide this because I can not understand why you care so much what I think that you just keep coming at me. You know, changing my mind won't change the outcome, right?

The poster that I originally responded to said that if MTs story about not knowing what was in the bags was not proved wrong, then there was nothing left to prosecute her for. Do you think that is true?
MOO there is more evidence from from MS and MIRA.
MOO maybe the court will rule JF dead by homicide.
MOO maybe FD gave his friends his suicide as a gift. maybe FD even had some what if" legal counsel on the matter.

Wonder if NP wrote that letter for free for the Greek family, or if he charged for it.

Last edited:
IMO this public letter seems to be a shot across the bow blaming the Farber wealth for 'destroying a family'.

I've made the suggestion any number of times but it doesn't seem that the "Greek Family" actually read the Family Court file (of which I am sure Fd and his attys have complete copies including the non public bits).

Its unfortunate to hear this ongoing blame game play out in public during a time of Family Grief. Its also sad to see that when given a public platform to speak that instead of choosing to speak with LE ON THE RECORD the format taken is a 'hit and run' letter to the HC. Did anyone in the 'Greek Family' speak with CT LE ever? We know Fd never spoke with CT LE ever and frankly I do think this will go down as one of the main criticisms of the Atty. P. legal strategy. The lack of cooperation it appears of both Fd and the 'Greek Family' is disappointing, given that the goal was always to find JFd. The reference to some unknown killer on the lose in CT is equally irresponsible as if you have any information that can exonerate your brother then why not share it with LE? My guess is that its simply easier to criticise LE and head home to sunny weather. Fd could have spoken to LE at any time to exonerate himself but he never did. He had a suicide note (still don't know if it was real) to explain how he could be exonerated and he pointed the long finger at Atty. P. Atty. P. will never speak most likely as the quality of his representation of Fd will no doubt be debated endlessly as will be his statement that he never saw the suicide of Fd coming.

Again I make the suggestion to read the ENTIRE Family Court file prior to making a public call to release a single report which was absolutely discredited (as was the Doctor writing the report) by Judge Heller. Whoever is suggesting that this report will make a difference to change the public perception of your dead brother/uncle etc. IMO is leading you down a road of false dreams and wishes.

I would also strongly suggest reading the individual psychological reports of the older children to see precisely how Fd behaviour impacted the lives of these individuals in a way that was simply heartbreaking to read. The behaviour choices of Fd regarding his children and HIS CHOICE to not see his children for 10 months and to effectively weaponize the children against their mother amidst their psychological turmoil was probably one of the most heartbreaking and diabolical acts I've ever read about in a Family Court file.

IMO the prior DA article about the claims of the 'Greek Family' and the veiled innuendo surrounding the professionals in Family Court Case along with mention of the Farber wealth etc. was a shameful article that had little bearing IMO on the reality of the Family Court action that played out for 2 years. To single out one party or family as being responsible for the situation in Family Court simply belies the fact that there were 2 parties to the case. Fd filed more motions than JFd and even when he was representing himself held his own in the case but was losing not because he was "Greek" but because he didn't follow ANY rules. Fd was not a victim of the Family Court system IMO and the file present I believe confirms this as being true.

I wish the 'Greek Family' safe travels and time to recover from their grief. The CT Family Court has any number of flaws and imperfections but it didn't rip a family apart, it didn't keep a father from his children and wasn't responsible for his eventual death.

IMO Fd was himself alone responsible for everything that happened to him and its sad to see the 'Greek Family' perpetuate the identical delusion that we saw over and over from Fd. Fd was unable to look in the mirror and accept responsibility for anything ever and we have seen this in Family Court, Civil Court multiple times and ultimately Criminal Court.

MOO
So well said, thank you. Just reading What FD sister wrote set me off. Thank goodness cooler heads prevail.

I was under the impression the GAL was because he was badmouthing Jennifer, and trying to turn the kids against her. She seemed like a good mother, I would think they would have divorced long ago if he was abusing the children.
Badmouthing the mother of your children to your kids IS abuse. It's called parental alienation and does alot of damage. FD also went against court orders prohibiting MT from being around the kids. And this has nothing to do with GAL, but FD stopped paying health insurance for them, never paid a dime in child support and went 9 or 10 months without seeing them because he just couldn't contain himself long enough to be a decent father and human being.

BUT, the State needs to show that MT knew what was in those bags. Perhaps the State will go for all or nothing?

I wonder, though: Perhaps the State doesn't need to show that MT knew what was in those bags, as long as she knew she was helping to clean up evidence.

Desperately cleaning bloody seats, and hiding keys from an employee to prevent him from getting his bloody car back so that she could do so, might be enough.

Bringing Fd to detail his car (and lying about it) so he could get the blood out of the seats...

Planning alibis for Fd...

There is also a mountain of other evidence - some of which we know, and a lot - no doubt - that we don't know.

Even if she didn't know that it was Jennifer's blood AT THE TIME (highly unlikely IMO), once she knew Jennifer was missing would have been time for her to speak up (if she were actually innocent at the time of cleanup).

However, she most likely WAS aware of what was in those bags, as she helped to FILL those bags, and was seeing and smelling blood and bloody clothing (and possibly hair, body parts or an intact body, which may have also arrived at 80MS).

Just cleaning a lot of blood off the seats with paper towels might be enough, but I think we can be confident there was a WHOLE lot more physical evidence - as well as a lot more surveillance/tracking evidence she was highly involved.

Last edited:
It’s not so easy to break up a family especially when you are afraid someone will grab up the kids and disappear to another country. Have to wait and plan and strategize until the time is safe and right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member