Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #44

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand what got him into home building. Did he and JD decide to do this venture?

Who would agree to loan or fund a 40 year old man with no building experience what-so-ever on a whim project costing and wasting millions of dollars - on garish homes - in an area that won't sell..

How did JF talk her dad into helping fund this debacle..

If her Dad had said no, no banks would have worked with FD he had no experience..her Dad should have said NO. No. No....

If we went all the way back in time to a NO from Daddy Farber, Dulos has to keep his day job; they will live comfortably enough on JD 400k/year from her trust (or the like) and supplements but Dulos is working a DAILY grind...not vacationing or living like a man of leisure on a pet project of building..

Last edited:
"So given that the house is under water, there is no collateral for the 270k. " I agree. MOO.

"So basically they are in line for the proceeds, if any, from the estate." I disagree. Collateral that is posted as protection against FD fleeing is lost when FD flees. "They" or the bail company, 24/7, can look to the indemnitor, Palmetto, and Palmetto can look to its insurance company, to be made whole on the loss of collateral when FD flees. Not sure what happens upon FD's death. MOO.

"I'm not sure what this AC lady has to do with it except maybe she's the executor or beneficiary." Please clarify the legal entity for which AC has been appointed executor or beneficiary. So far there has been no documents released which indicate that AC has been appointed as an executor (perhaps you mean of FD's estate) or that AC is the beneficiary of some of kind of insurance policy or will executed by FD. No evidence that an insurance policy purchased by FD or will executed by FD exists. Should an insurance company receive an insurance claim related to FD's death, suicide would void a payout. I would hope the insurance company would investigate the source of the premiums used to purchase the policy as ill-gotten gains. Palmetto's relationship with AC is unknown although I expect investigators to produce documents outlining that relationship and any compensation paid by Palmetto to AC for sourcing new business. MOO.

Suicide does not always preclude a pay-out.

"So given that the house is under water, there is no collateral for the 270k. " I agree. MOO.

"So basically they are in line for the proceeds, if any, from the estate." I disagree. Collateral that is posted as protection against FD fleeing is lost when FD flees. "They" or the bail company, 24/7, can look to the indemnitor, Palmetto, and Palmetto can look to its insurance company, to be made whole on the loss of collateral when FD flees. Not sure what happens upon FD's death. MOO.

"I'm not sure what this AC lady has to do with it except maybe she's the executor or beneficiary." Please clarify the legal entity for which AC has been appointed executor or beneficiary. So far there has been no documents released which indicate that AC has been appointed as an executor (perhaps you mean of FD's estate) or that AC is the beneficiary of some of kind of insurance policy or will executed by FD. No evidence that an insurance policy purchased by FD or will executed by FD exists. Should an insurance company receive an insurance claim related to FD's death, suicide would void a payout. I would hope the insurance company would investigate the source of the premiums used to purchase the policy as ill-gotten gains. Palmetto's relationship with AC is unknown although I expect investigators to produce documents outlining that relationship and any compensation paid by Palmetto to AC for sourcing new business. MOO.

Suicide does not always preclude a pay-out.

Norm has probably been busy today and hasn't had time to write the story for DA. Breaking headlines in the morning??
02/04/2020
WHAT IS GOING ON? IS THE CRIMINAL COURT SYSTEM UNAWARE OF HIS PASSING? UNSETTLING.

This notification is brought to you by Connecticut Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (SAVIN) Program.

This email is to inform you that FOTIS DULOS, with docket number FST CR190148554T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Disposition Hearing has been scheduled for 02/07/2020. This will take place in Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse located at the following address: 123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT.

Please be aware that there is often more than one case scheduled for a particular date in this court. Please visit www.jud.ct.gov to check for any updates that maybe available on this case.

For more information, contact the Office of Victim Services at 1-800-822-8428. For updates about this case or for driving directions to the courthouse, you can visit www.jud.ct.gov.

This notification is sponsored by the Connecticut SAVIN Program. It is our hope that this information has been helpful to you.

Thank you,

The Connecticut SAVIN Program

You know Citygirl it is an ouch. When is MT going to screw her head on straight, and call LE and say I want to talk? FD gave her the ultimate s***w you. If she doesn't talk now to LE about everything she knows, MT is the stupidest broad I've ever heard of!
Well, as legal analysts have stated, her position is worse now because FD is dead. Nothing to bargain with except disclosing the location of JD.

Yes, Fd Definitely Knew by 9:30 am.

However, my point is, Why did the Bond company Expect to find him at Home at 11:30 am to serve the 'official' notice when he was due in court just 30 minutes later and at least 1.5 hours away?

The Bond company would have Known (or should have) that Fd should be on his way to court for the Very Bond they were Revoking.

Did they Not have someone attending the Emergency Hearing, They Requested?

It just does not make sense.

Was their visit earlier in the morning?

Otherwise, that Bond Company needs to make some adjustments with their staff communications.

IMO.

does a home confinee always appear in court for something like this? would it have been possible for an attorney to appear and for sheriffs to pick up the confinee if necessary?

02/04/2020
WHAT IS GOING ON? IS THE CRIMINAL COURT SYSTEM UNAWARE OF HIS PASSING? UNSETTLING.

This notification is brought to you by Connecticut Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (SAVIN) Program.

This email is to inform you that FOTIS DULOS, with docket number FST CR190148554T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Disposition Hearing has been scheduled for 02/07/2020. This will take place in Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse located at the following address: 123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT.

Please be aware that there is often more than one case scheduled for a particular date in this court. Please visit www.jud.ct.gov to check for any updates that maybe available on this case.

For more information, contact the Office of Victim Services at 1-800-822-8428. For updates about this case or for driving directions to the courthouse, you can visit www.jud.ct.gov.

This notification is sponsored by the Connecticut SAVIN Program. It is our hope that this information has been helpful to you.

Thank you,

The Connecticut SAVIN Program

Fd's cases have not been dismissed yet in the Criminal and the Civil Courts.

It was dismissed in the Family Court Today.

Until all the cases are dismissed, you will continue to receive notices for all the hearings.

IMO.

does a home confinee always appear in court for something like this? would it have been possible for an attorney to appear and for sheriffs to pick up the confinee if necessary?

That is a thought.

I would think that Fd would need to be present to arrange a Different Bond company, though.

I will let this thought simmer for a bit and see what info we get in the next few days.

Although, everyone on the legal team and the press have said that Fd was Required to be in Court.

IMO.

Ct. State Insurance Regulators who oversee the
Bond Co. which issued FD's bond for 6million
on 1/9/20- Palmetto Surety was also turned in by a fellow bonds woman "whistleblower" who
sent a letter to the Insurance Regulators telling
them about the irregularities in the bond:
one that there was inadequate collateral put
up by Dulos due to the two homes being in foreclosure (4JC and Sturbridge).
She also pointed out that the financials of the
Surety Co. showed the company did not have
the money to pay the state if FD fled.

Now the Insurance Regulators have dropped
the investigation and consider the case closed.
How convenient for Palmetto Surety.

Bail bondswoman says she alerted CT regulators to issues with Fotis Dulos’ bond company
This Bail bondswoman is a hero IMO.

Now that it appears that the bail bondswoman was absolutely correct we then move on to why it took Atty Colangelo so long to respond to her information?

On the surface of things, this bond looks like a $6 million CON perpetrated by multiple people on the STATE OF CT (Fd, AC, Atty. P. PI etc.).

Yep, fraud (I guess technically insurance fraud). Will we see consequences?

Fd is dead but what about the other folks that were part of the bond such as AC, GV (I believe) and Atty. P. PI? I hope so as this entire situation seems unexplainable given that the bond was supervised by multiple attorneys IMO including Atty. P.

THEN someone I think needs to answer the question as to whether Atty. P. and Pattisville staff (in this case the PI who participated in making the bond) have any legal responsibility here and will they face consequences given that they were intimately involved with finalising the bond (remember all the clips of Atty Smith saying the bond was delayed due to 'technical details'!) Yep, technical details such as insufficient collateral!

Why was a bond of $6 million accepted from Palmetto when their capital level was insufficient. Seems like the State of CT ought to redo its list of "Companies AUthorized to Appoint Bail Bond Agents in CT" perhaps by size of acceptable bond as it appears the people reviewing the bonds initially are incapable of basic financial due diligence. It might also make sense to understake a review of Palmetto to figure out if they should be on the CT list AT ALL. Companies Authorized To Appoint Bail Bond Agents In Connecticut

So disappointing to see what appears to be yet another administrative SNAFU on the heels of the Parole CSP people watching Fd on their monitors not moving and calling voicemail on repeat.

I actually don't envy Atty Colangelo his new job as I think that a lot of these issues we are seeing with this bond SNAFU might fall into his new job responsibilities. Parole that seems incapable of managing people out on bracelets to keep the citizens safe and the prisoner safe and alive such that they can stand trial and Bond Review practices so that the State is covered adequately when a Judge makes a determination on a bond. Criminals now know that nobody is minding the store so why not simply lie on bond applications, flee and head to the beach! I know its not that simple but how many $6 million bonds does the State of CT get in a year that they couldn't do a better job here?

MOO

Last edited:
You know Citygirl it is an ouch. When is MT going to screw her head on straight, and call LE and say I want to talk? FD gave her the ultimate s***w you. If she doesn't talk now to LE about everything she knows, MT is the stupidest broad I've ever heard of!

She may be a tad conflicted after NP spoke out on that radio show today.

When he spoke about FD's suicide note proclaiming his great love and loyalty for MT.

Just today.

Was she listening?

Was her mother listening?

Moo.

She may be a tad conflicted after NP spoke out on that radio show today.

When he spoke about FD's suicide note proclaiming his great love and loyalty for MT.

Just today.

Was she listening?

Was her mother listening?

Moo.
NP said that? Even though the note HE released said nothing of the sort? NP is a pathological liar. He will say whatever, hope it sticks, hope it gets him what he wants, hope no one notices. NP lies for sport. So comfortable with his silver-tongued lies, thinks he sounds so grandiose when he just sounds like a buffoon. (MOO!)

Now that it appears that the bail bondswoman was absolutely correct we then move on to why it took Atty Colangelo so long to respond to her information?

On the surface of things, this bond looks like a $6 million CON perpetrated by multiple please on the STATE OF CT.

Fd is dead but what about the other folks that were part of the bond such as AC, GV (I believe) and Atty. P. PI? I hope so as this entire situation seems unexplainable given that the bond was supervised by multiple attorneys IMO including Atty. P.

THEN someone I think needs to answer the question as to whether Atty. P. and Pattisville staff (in this case the PI who participated in making the bond) have any legal responsibility here and will they face consequences given that they were intimately involved with finalising the bond (remember all the clips of Atty Smith saying the bond was delayed due to 'technical details'!) Yep, technical details such as insufficient collateral!

Why was a bond of $6 million accepted from Palmetto when their capital level was insufficient. Seems like the State of CT ought to redo its list of "Companies AUthorized to Appoint Bail Bond Agents in CT" perhaps by size of acceptable bond as it appears the people reviewing the bonds initially are incapable of basic financial due diligence. It might also make sense to understake a review of Palmetto to figure out if they should be on the CT list AT ALL. Companies Authorized To Appoint Bail Bond Agents In Connecticut

So disappointing to see what appears to be yet another administrative SNAFU on the heels of the Parole CSP people watching Fd on their monitors not moving and calling voicemail on repeat.

I actually don't envy Atty Colangelo his new job as I think that a lot of these issues we are seeing with this bond SNAFU might fall into his new job responsibilities. Parole that seems incapable of managing people out on bracelets to keep the citizens safe and the prisoner safe and alive such that they can stand trial and Bond Review practices so that the State is covered adequately when a Judge makes a determination on a bond. Criminals now know that nobody is minding the store so why not simply lie on bond applications, flee and head to the beach! I know its not that simple but how many $6 million bonds does the State of CT get in a year that they couldn't do a better job here?

MOO
BBM

On the surface of things, this bond looks like a $6 million CON perpetrated by multiple please on the STATE OF CT.

MOO
“Criminals now know that no one is minding the store” [in Connecticut] - agree, and so concerning!

The wasteful lack of enforcement in this state has been such a recurrent theme with this case. Just to start, astronomical town and state resources and taxpayer dollars expended (anyone care to venture a guess on cumulative total thus far?) throughout the investigation contrasted with individual taxes never even filed/paid for years on end by the “wealthy” alleged perpetrator. I sincerely hope that I am just not privy to strategic investigations and actions in progress with CT IRS and they actually DO have some processes in place to go after those who are willfully non compliant such as FD. Honestly so frustrating for those of us who dutifully meet the deadlines and have to write a check every year only to wonder where those dollars are actually going...

W

Why didn’t the builder make the house all electric or at least heat by electricity? This is probably a dumb question, but I’ll ask it anyway. Wouldn’t propane cost more than electricity?
CT has one of the highest electricity rates in the Country unfortunately.

Most folks have oil heat, many are converting to partial solar and some larger houses have duel fuel.

Some towns like NC are undergoing the painful conversion to natural gas (major gas pipeline runs right through New Canaan so the town has the option to do this but many towns don't have pipeline access) to bring down fuel prices for residents.

But, I don't think all towns have access to the pipeline like New Canaan and the geography of CT makes running pipelines very expensive I believe as well. There are other hybrid systems that some higher end houses have such as radiant and geothermal etc.

Here is the electrical rate chart - there really is nothing cheap about living in CT as it also has some of the highest property taxes in the Country as well!

State Profiles: Highest/Lowest Electric Rates, Production, and Consumption
  1. Hawaii – 33.53 cents per kWh. ...
  2. Alaska – 17.58 cents per kWh. ...
  3. Connecticut – 16.98 cents per kWh. ...
  4. New York – 16.25 cents per kWh. ...
  5. Rhode Island – 15.57 cents per kWh. ...
  6. Massachusetts – 15.34 cents per kWh. ...
  7. New Hampshire – 15.25 cents per kWh.
MOO

CT has one of the highest electricity rates in the Country unfortunately.

Most folks have oil heat, many are converting to partial solar and some larger houses have duel fuel.

Some towns like NC are undergoing the painful conversion to natural gas (major gas pipeline runs right through New Canaan so the town has the option to do this but many towns don't have pipeline access) to bring down fuel prices for residents.

But, I don't think all towns have access to the pipeline like New Canaan and the geography of CT makes running pipelines very expensive I believe as well. There are other hybrid systems that some higher end houses have such as radiant and geothermal etc.

Here is the electrical rate chart - there really is nothing cheap about living in CT as it also has some of the highest property taxes in the Country as well!

State Profiles: Highest/Lowest Electric Rates, Production, and Consumption
  1. Hawaii – 33.53 cents per kWh. ...
  2. Alaska – 17.58 cents per kWh. ...
  3. Connecticut – 16.98 cents per kWh. ...
  4. New York – 16.25 cents per kWh. ...
  5. Rhode Island – 15.57 cents per kWh. ...
  6. Massachusetts – 15.34 cents per kWh. ...
  7. New Hampshire – 15.25 cents per kWh.
MOO
No natural gas option in my northern part of town yet. Beyond electric, the $800 monthly winter oil deliveries aren’t much fun either.

W

Why didn’t the builder make the house all electric or at least heat by electricity? This is probably a dumb question, but I’ll ask it anyway. Wouldn’t propane cost more than electricity?

In my area it cost less to heat with propane than with electricity. It cost even less to heat with natural gas than with propane. Natural gas is delivered via a pipeline, but if the pipeline has not been laid where you live then propane is less costly than electricity.

I couldn't guarantee that this is true in all parts of the country. The relative cost of electricity versus natural gas versus propane could be different in different places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jkn1989