Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Removing items from a home that does not belong to you is stealing, no matter what country you are from! FACT

Here, (Australia) we have people prosecuted who 'loot/steal' from bushfire victims.
Great to see, as broadcast everywhere, seeing them being imprisoned.
Yippee.

Here Jennifer's home, public recognition for the stealing and prosecution would be fantastic.
These creeps need to lose any money they possess, due to their ugly actions.
Hope they trip over stolen items, break their bones as they try to hide their wares.

Wait, am I understanding this correctly? You were directed to ignore the first-hand account of the witness if you were able to understand it?
Kinda makes sense, if the attorneys, court reporters, judges are working from the English- that's the evidence the jury is working from. On the other hand, as when something stricken from the record that occurred before the jury--- it's not in the record, but no juror can strike what they saw and heard from their memory.

I noticed this. I think she's listening to both.

Is anyone conversational or fluent in a second language? Has anyone here ever used the services of a live translator?

I haven't used them, but was a juror in a trial involving a defendant who was Spanish speaking. The translator used some type of device that allowed them to quietly speak into a microphone which fed to the defendant's headset. I don't remember even noticing the translator during the 5-day trial.

However, this is southern CA where the need for translators is probably much greater than CT.

I noticed this. I think she's listening to both.

Is anyone conversational or fluent in a second language? Has anyone here ever used the services of a live translator?
Yes, I am conversational in a second language and have used a live translator. It is very difficult to listen in both languages at the same time unless the conversation is going at turtle speed because your brain is switching back and forth. I usually just go ahead and listen to the person speaking rather than the translator because there is a lag.

This is just pitiful. It's manipulative. It's really an insult to the judge/court - can everyone be that stupid to suddenly believe she can't understand english, right at the time she gets a new lawyer, when she never requested a translator before? LOL! C'mon CT. The Judge should've kicked her out. Like My Cousin Vinny - Get out of my court with your nonsense. My opinion only.
Maybe someone in WS in CT needs to look at Designer fabrics, wink wink. See if language barrier is a problem.

@MarissaAlter

Interesting note regarding Michelle Troconis using an interpreter today for the first time. About halfway through the hearing, she appears to have one of the headphones out/not on her ear, suggesting she’s listening to her attorney speak English with that ear.

EQM1tgHX0AA2bQP

I burst out laughing. Does this woman and these attorneys realize what utter jokes they are?

Thank you. And I would love to see the videos. I tried to go back and look but was immediately overwhelmed!!

Unfortunately I didn’t save the footage and much of it now seems to have been taken offline. However, here are a couple of stills.

2C25C790-CE2A-4ACE-9C64-98703D547D22.jpeg 45403705-E7F1-490E-A2D0-C5155893E1A0.jpeg

They don’t quite capture the catwalk-sashaying that was going on, or the peals of tinkling laughter, but they give you an idea.

Troconis’ mother even carried a bouquet of flowers one day. And I don’t get the impression they were in memory of Jennifer.

Wait, am I understanding this correctly? You were directed to ignore the first-hand account of the witness if you were able to understand it?

Yup. In actuality, we pretty much disregarded it as the witness's Spanish answers were short, pithy, and clearly understandable even if you didn't have much more than local street knowledge; but those weren't the instructions we were given.

Unfortunately I didn’t save the footage and much of it now seems to have been taken offline. However, here are a couple of stills.

View attachment 230633 View attachment 230634

They don’t quite capture the catwalk-sashaying that was going on, or the peals of tinkling laughter, but they give you an idea.

Troconis’ mother even carried a bouquet of flowers one day. And I don’t get the impression they were in memory of Jennifer.
Thanks! Yeah, these smiles are certainly off-putting. Definitely don't look like the "nervous" smiles and laughter that sometimes occur when people are feeling pressured and/or uncomfortable with the cameras. Gross. JMO

Although the only time MT looked really upset was when she was told she had to come right home after the business meeting without any other stops. No mani-pedi's?

Just watched the hearing video...a couple of other things...
  • Not that it matters...maybe...but didn't MT arrive in CT in 2017? She's been here 3 years now??? Was she working for FORE group before she moved into 4JX?
  • Why did MT want to add MA to her travel area?
Sure she was upset, since she doesn’t have any business meetings even set up.

So, what happens now?
Will Colangelo call her out if he confirms that she indeed tried to contact FD?
Would love to know what Mr.Bowman feels about today's hearing.
The interpreter was a male.
Who was the woman walking with JS?

Kinda makes sense, if the attorneys, court reporters, judges are working from the English- that's the evidence the jury is working from. On the other hand, as when something stricken from the record that occurred before the jury--- it's not in the record, but no juror can strike what they saw and heard from their memory.
This makes perfect sense, thank you.

Yes, I am conversational in a second language and have used a live translator. It is very difficult to listen in both languages at the same time unless the conversation is going at turtle speed because your brain is switching back and forth. I usually just go ahead and listen to the person speaking rather than the translator because there is a lag.
Thank you, you answered my questions before I could even really ask! I'm wondering if MT thought this would be helpful, until she was in the situation, had that exact problem, then just started to listen to the English instead.

Last edited:
This is a good guess. Iirc, there was a trade/craft fair last year early on where their wares were being sold (maybe in the Springfield or Northampton area). Someone else might recall this as well.

"Their wares"?? I must have been sleeping and missed this adventure.

Who's their? And what were their wares? Animal skins or ????

Last edited:
Or vice-versa. Don't know who the informant is, if either. Is this Morales guy big? What was/is his profession?

Generally informants are as good as dead unless they are LE, attorneys could be safer, depending, and/or HUGE. Nobody likes the snitch, and everybody without a chance of release is looking for a way to gain status. Punishing or killing the snitch works very well.
Jose Morales was a long-unemployed felon.

I burst out laughing. Does this woman and these attorneys realize what utter jokes they are?

Honestly, I think her attorneys doesn't want any more "cleaning JF" gaffes. And that is fair. She meant she was cleaning house not participating in a disposing of CS evidence or a body, and she was responding to a police question, such as "where you chopping JF up with FD?"

MOO she is involved in the crime, but she just did "what the man said to do" and in her mind that absolves her. MOO prefer she really understand the questions, and that her answers are strictly true.

"Come on, Your Honor. Remove the ankle monitor and how 'bout I just fill out a time sheet at the end of the month, documenting my many important and exceptionally innocent appointments. I have experience with that. Por favor, confie en mi."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amarie969