Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Walsh located Jennifer Dulos' black Chevrolet Suburban (Connecticut passenger registration AJ69099)
along an isolated stretch of the southern portion of Lapham Road in very close proximity to Waveny
Park. This location was consistent with the Verizon "ping." A police canine was summoned to search the
surrounding area with negative results.

I'm not seeing how that confirms the phone in the Suburban is not hers. I would think the canine was there to search for JD at that time. JD would have been priority, electronics a bit later on. MOO.
I would need to search prior threads but I posted a quote and the article about the CSP looking for reimbursement for costs from New Canaan - one items For reimbursement was for the dogs used to search for Jennifer’s phone at Waveny. Also the iPhone in the suburban at Waveny in the red case is never identified as Jennifer’s phone.

So you think FD disposed of Jennifer body asap?
I really think it may have been during the 40-minute gap in NC. Otherwise, he had to drive over an hour from NC back to Farmington in a (likely) unreliable, unfamiliar truck with a dead body somewhere in it. There's so many variables and what-ifs that could've happened on that drive back. I'm just not convinced he would've taken that risk.

Also, this was planned. He knew what he planned on doing with the body. 40 minutes is a long time to move some things from car A to car B, especially when you've already spent longer than you probably originally anticipated cleaning blood in a garage.

The one thing I can't figure out is the phone. The warrants make it seem like JFD's phone got to Lapham, stayed at Lapham, then was disconnected 40 minutes later. If that IS what happened (and LE aren't just purposefully leaving info only the killer would know out of the warrants), it doesn't make sense to me. He brought her car and phone to Lapham, left to dispose of the body, then swung back around to power off her phone? That seems foolishly dangerous and unnecessary.

I would need to search prior threads but I posted a quote and the article about the CSP looking for reimbursement for costs from New Canaan - one items For reimbursement was for the dogs used to search for Jennifer’s phone at Waveny. Also the iPhone in the suburban at Waveny in the red case is never identified as Jennifer’s phone.
Here's the first random article I found about the search at Waveny: Dogs hunt for cell phone at Waveny Park in New Canaan

Here's the first random article I found about the search at Waveny: Dogs hunt for cell phone at Waveny Park in New Canaan
Replying to myself because I just noticed this in this article:
"The dogs searched an area near the bridge that carries Lapham Road over the Merritt Parkway shortly after it was scoured by an FBI Evidence Response Team.
Officers with dogs were also seen late Monday afternoon searching on the other side of the Merritt Parkway from the park in a six-acre area the town is considering selling."
The bolded location is closer to that cell tower in Darien that her phone last pinged...

Replying to myself because I just noticed this in this article:
"The dogs searched an area near the bridge that carries Lapham Road over the Merritt Parkway shortly after it was scoured by an FBI Evidence Response Team.
Officers with dogs were also seen late Monday afternoon searching on the other side of the Merritt Parkway from the park in a six-acre area the town is considering selling."
The bolded location is closer to that cell tower in Darien that her phone last pinged...
Replying to myself again. Here is an article about that six-acre area apparently.
Letter: Selling Town-Owned Land at Lapham and Talmadge Hill Roads a ‘Bad and Short-Sighted’ Idea

Of the black garbage bags that were dumped and later found by LE in the trash receptacles on Albany Ave, there was found two bags that were taped together. We don't know exactly what configuration that was, but I have speculated that they were taped together open-end-to-open end to make one much longer bag and that improvised longer bag was used to contain JFd's bloodied body.

I've also speculated that the reason four 36" long zip ties were used was not to restrain JFd (much smaller zip ties could be used to restrain hands and feet); instead the longer ones were used to wrap around JFd's double-bag wrapped body at intervals along its length to facilitate carrying the body, much like a builder or a carpet installer would carry a roll of carpet. Perhaps the cargo mat from her suburban could have also been used to roll JFd's body in first, before bagging the resulting bundle, to add stability.

Carried that way, JFd's body would not draw much unwanted attention in broad daylight as it would resemble a rolled up rug or length of carpet. One strong person could lift by grabbing the zip-ties along JFd's body's length and two could easily do so.
good thoughts.
So if that were the case then FD handed off or dropped off the body BEFORE the trash run to Albany.
Possibly the call to KM at 7:47pm from Albany
was to confirm the final disposition by KM who
may have been the one to cover up the grave,
or the one to use his boat to take out to a lake and dump or, or, or.
KM had one last duty to do and FD was confirming it was done.

You and @afitzy know what i'm thinking about this. The last ping was in Darien
Yes, but the location of that tower (4 Tower Drive, Darien) is just on the other side of the Merritt from Waveny. Phones don't always ping off the closest tower, and pings can't pinpoint location. Cell service in NC and that area of NC especially is terrible- and just because it pinged off the tower at that Darien location doesn't mean the phone wasn't at Waveny. Phones can ping off towers even 45 miles away, and this was just one mile away. They also took down the cell towers at Waveny at some time in the summer or fall which made service even worse than the terrible coverage already.
Here are some articles about how cell pings can be misleading and can't pinpoint exact location, especially in rural (or Luddite! IMO) areas that are afraid of cell towers near schools and have to dress them up to look like trees.

Your Cell Phone GPS is Tracking Your Every Move
Cell tower data may be misleading

This doesn't mean that the phone in the car was JDs, and the electronics dogs were sniffing both sides of the Merritt suggesting that they were searching for her phone. Or maybe a burner phone that FD might have discarded?

The thing that stands out to me is that someone must have been there at Waveny at 11:09 to turn off JD phone (disconnect from network) and then 3 minutes later the red Tacoma was on the Merritt. These times add up quite nicely so it seems the same person in the Tacoma also disconnected the phone. If FD left the scene to dispose, then he would have returned to the scene to turn off her phone. Risky, but maybe he didn't want to attract attention by turning her phone off while he was out disposing?

MOO.

Walsh located Jennifer Dulos' black Chevrolet Suburban (Connecticut passenger registration AJ69099)
along an isolated stretch of the southern portion of Lapham Road in very close proximity to Waveny
Park. This location was consistent with the Verizon "ping." A police canine was summoned to search the
surrounding area with negative results.

I'm not seeing how that confirms the phone in the Suburban is not hers. I would think the canine was there to search for JD at that time. JD would have been priority, electronics a bit later on. MOO.
I would need to search prior threads but I posted a quote a few threads ago and the article about the CSP looking for reimbursement for costs from New Canaan - one item was reimbursement for the dogs used to search for Jennifer’s phone at Waveny. Also the iPhone in the suburban at Waveny in the red case is never identified as Jennifer’s phone.imo

Yes, but the location of that tower (4 Tower Drive, Darien) is just on the other side of the Merritt from Waveny. Phones don't always ping off the closest tower, and pings can't pinpoint location. Cell service in NC and that area of NC especially is terrible- and just because it pinged off the tower at that Darien location doesn't mean the phone wasn't at Waveny. Phones can ping off towers even 45 miles away, and this was just one mile away. They also took down the cell towers at Waveny at some time in the summer or fall which made service even worse than the terrible coverage already.
Here are some articles about how cell pings can be misleading and can't pinpoint exact location, especially in rural (or Luddite! IMO) areas that are afraid of cell towers near schools and have to dress them up to look like trees.

Your Cell Phone GPS is Tracking Your Every Move
Cell tower data may be misleading

This doesn't mean that the phone in the car was JDs, and the electronics dogs were sniffing both sides of the Merritt suggesting that they were searching for her phone. Or maybe a burner phone that FD might have discarded?

The thing that stands out to me is that someone must have been there at Waveny at 11:09 to turn off JD phone (disconnect from network) and then 3 minutes later the red Tacoma was on the Merritt. These times add up quite nicely so it seems the same person in the Tacoma also disconnected the phone. If FD left the scene to dispose, then he would have returned to the scene to turn off her phone. Risky, but maybe he didn't want to attract attention by turning her phone off while he was out disposing?

MOO.
Or possibly someone else turned it off?

What's in Darien? 4 parks, couple of beaches, hunt club? Please share what your thinking?
I would point out that the Waveny Park is essentially the on the border between NC and Darien. Talmedge Hill Road is on the south end of Waveny Park. I believe that if you live on the North Side of Talmedge Hill Road you are a resident of NC. If you live on the south side ot Talmedge Hill Road you are a Darien resident. I am not sure just how exact those cell phone pings actually are. JMO

I really think it may have been during the 40-minute gap in NC. Otherwise, he had to drive over an hour from NC back to Farmington in a (likely) unreliable, unfamiliar truck with a dead body somewhere in it. There's so many variables and what-ifs that could've happened on that drive back. I'm just not convinced he would've taken that risk.

Also, this was planned. He knew what he planned on doing with the body. 40 minutes is a long time to move some things from car A to car B, especially when you've already spent longer than you probably originally anticipated cleaning blood in a garage.

The one thing I can't figure out is the phone. The warrants make it seem like JFD's phone got to Lapham, stayed at Lapham, then was disconnected 40 minutes later. If that IS what happened (and LE aren't just purposefully leaving info only the killer would know out of the warrants), it doesn't make sense to me. He brought her car and phone to Lapham, left to dispose of the body, then swung back around to power off her phone? That seems foolishly dangerous and unnecessary.
Agreed. Now I'm reading that wasn't JD phone as per LE?

Assuming it would take a man around 10-15 minutes to transfer and position a wrapped and zip-tied immobile body, a cargo mat, a bicycle, and however many filled garbage bags there were at that point (we don't know how many of the 30+ bags dumped in Albany Ave area were from New Canaan vs from 80MS or some other area) and then another 2-3 minutes to re-park the Suburban and run back to the Tacoma, then there is only 22-28 minutes of unaccounted for time.

Perhaps, since the Toyota Tacoma had been left parked in a single spot for nearly 3-1/2 hours by the time FD returned to it, he took the precaution of driving past it a few times and maybe parked nearby to watch for a bit and make sure it hadn't received any undesired attention before he felt it safe enough to approach and do the transfer.

@MollyDDD, I actually think it could have been the reverse situation. Atty. P. could have been doing the 'same old same old' telling Fd they would prove reasonable doubt. But, as AW3 came out and Fd knew what LE had documented, he was smart enough to realise that Atty. P. was simply running a very expensive billing clock and that life in prison was inevitable. My other guess is that the Fd decision to desecrate the JFd memorial on Jefferson Crossing resulted in some very harsh words as no doubt in the delusional mind of Atty. P. his 'brilliant attempt at reasonable doubt' had been effectively undermined (this seems a ludicrous argument IMO but I can see him saying this). Fd knew what he money situation was and wasn't and realised that once the bond fraud was caught that he was going to 'Door 2' in Stamford IMO.

As I've said before, the fact that we see Atty. P. PI McKenna part of the Fd fraudulent bond package (he chose to not fill out the required paperwork - why State didn't flag this clear omission immediately and reject the bond out of hand is another head scratcher IMO?), to me signals MUCH Atty. P. involvement in the fraudulent bond as why would a random PI choose to be part of a bond? The other reason the entire Atty. P. involvement in the fraudulent bond seems probable is that Atty. P. has been dealing with intimate involvement in the financial affairs of Fd for MONTHs via the Civil Case and Family Court.

The Atty. P. word salad about the bond referring to 'title issues' as being the reason for the 'issues' is IMO laughable. We saw the delay in the bond being issued and I believe we heard comments from Atty Smith to the effect that 'technical details' were holding it up! Really! To me this says that both Atty Smith and Atty. P had intimate knowledge of the fraudulent bond and so I wonder will their roles in putting forward a fraudulent bond on behalf of Fd be investigated by the State? Why did Atty Colangelo not push to have the fraudulent bond issue and AC role hashed out in Court after the Fd suicide attempt? While its likely that at that time it might have been clear that Fd was brain dead at Jacobi and just waiting for his family to arrive from Greece, the reality was that the bond being a fraud was never at question and Anna Curry was always front and centre in the bond IMO. Why was Anna Curry not detained and told to not leave the State of CT until the situation was resolved? Where is Anna Curry now?

Atty. P. knew that 4Jx and Sturbridge were subject to foreclosure at the time the bond package was submitted IMO. So, why let a client submit a bond package that was fraudulent? We also saw Palmetto as the insurer and are we to realistically believe the the State didn't know that they didn't have the financial wherewithal to support a $6 million dollar bond? It seems like we are looking at ineptness on the part of the State on so many levels and the fact that it took 20 days to figure out after a whistleblower stepped up and pointed the situation out almost immediately is frankly mind blowing as well.

I would hope that the State of CT undertakes a COMPLETE REPORT that will be made public looking at the role of Atty. P. and PI McKenna and ANNA CURRY and GV etc. in the Fd Faux Bond. Will all parties that participated in putting forward a fraudulent bond (including the bonding company and the insurer) be prosecuted? Will the bonding company and the insurer be STRUCK from the State of CT approved list and will tighter controls and financial updates be undertaken to make sure that the companies on the approved list actually can financially stand behind their bonds?

It seems like we have seen one admin related SNAFU after another on the bond from the State of CT and I wonder if there will be any repercussions or will it be swept under the rug? Will we see any repercussions for Atty. P. and Atty Smith or any of the participants to the bond?

When will the report from FPD be released about the Fd suicide to the public? Why is the Press not following up on this report and the prior FPD report about the Glock 19?

This IMO is all so administratively lax to say nothing about the bond fraud being illegal IMO. So disappointing.

MOO
I've been looking at videos online of FD's hearing before Judge White, at which the judge said FD's dismantling of the tribute to JFD was "stupid." But the part I'm looking for I can't find-- where NP asks judge to reconsider taking away FD's right to leave his house for work-related matters, saying something like the "sale of one house will right the financial ship" AND then (to my memory) Colangelo tells the judge that it wouldn't bc the amount of the mortgages exceeds the market value of the houses. And NP doesn't challenge him on that. Can anyone find that? Bc IMO that would show that both NP and Colangelo knew at that time that the collateral put up for the bail bond was insufficient. Maybe at that time RC had been tipped off by the bail bond woman and was dealing with it behind the scenes, but it seems to me that NP was in violation of the RPC on "candor to the court" when he said that the sale of any property would "right the financial ship" for FD. Moo.

Well, the warrant never mentions locating the phone the pings came from, yet they did locate A phone. On top of that, there were specially trained electronics-sniffing dogs at Waveny supposedly looking for a cell phone about a week and a half after the "disappearance."
I think they may have been looking for a burner phone. I went thru the 347 page SW and found only one phone number connected to JD. If there were 2 phones involved, I would think there would be 2 phones listed in the warrants. One for the phone in the car and another that was missing. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Berryhij1