Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would need to search prior threads but I posted a quote and the article about the CSP looking for reimbursement for costs from New Canaan - one items For reimbursement was for the dogs used to search for Jennifer’s phone at Waveny. Also the iPhone in the suburban at Waveny in the red case is never identified as Jennifer’s phone.
But wouldn't there be warrants for both the phone found with the car and and the 2nd phone that may or may not exist. I know search dogs were out there. Even electronically trained dogs does not mean there was a missing phone belonging to JD. Could have been looking for FD burner. I'm not saying 100% there is no 2nd JD phone. I went thru the entire 347 SW doc and I only found one number associated with JD. It's a long doc, maybe I missed it.

Or possibly someone else turned it off?
Yes, but the time from Waveny to the rest stop on the Merritt being only 3 minutes apart, if it was another person then it was incredibly coincidental!
Note: from my own familiarity, I thought that 3 minutes sounds right. However I just google mapped it starting exactly at 200 Lapham, and it comes out saying 5 minutes (or even 7 minutes if going around to get on on 106). So maybe he was going fast, or google maps isn't precise for such a short distance, or possibly this suggests another scenario. But it would be odd if the red truck was there so close in time to when the phone was turned off, and it wasn't the same person, right?
MOO.

I feel like FD had help with the body. Forgive me, but rigor mortis will be setting in.
I also feel he had help. To do this on his own would be extremely risky. The search warrant indicates there was evidence of a possible accomplice (page 343, item 15) in the garage and that they further believe that the MS property was a secondary crime scene (page 245, item 12).

I've been looking at videos online of FD's hearing before Judge White, at which the judge said FD's dismantling of the tribute to JFD was "stupid." But the part I'm looking for I can't find-- where NP asks judge to reconsider taking away FD's right to leave his house for work-related matters, saying something like the "sale of one house will right the financial ship" AND then (to my memory) Colangelo tells the judge that it wouldn't bc the amount of the mortgages exceeds the market value of the houses. And NP doesn't challenge him on that. Can anyone find that? Bc IMO that would show that both NP and Colangelo knew at that time that the collateral put up for the bail bond was insufficient. Maybe at that time RC had been tipped off by the bail bond woman and was dealing with it behind the scenes, but it seems to me that NP was in violation of the RPC on "candor to the court" when he said that the sale of any property would "right the financial ship" for FD. Moo.
My recollection is the same.
BBM: I thought at the time that Colangelo knew it wasn't sufficient and wondered why he did not make a challenge.

I've been looking at videos online of FD's hearing before Judge White, at which the judge said FD's dismantling of the tribute to JFD was "stupid." But the part I'm looking for I can't find-- where NP asks judge to reconsider taking away FD's right to leave his house for work-related matters, saying something like the "sale of one house will right the financial ship" AND then (to my memory) Colangelo tells the judge that it wouldn't bc the amount of the mortgages exceeds the market value of the houses. And NP doesn't challenge him on that. Can anyone find that? Bc IMO that would show that both NP and Colangelo knew at that time that the collateral put up for the bail bond was insufficient. Maybe at that time RC had been tipped off by the bail bond woman and was dealing with it behind the scenes, but it seems to me that NP was in violation of the RPC on "candor to the court" when he said that the sale of any property would "right the financial ship" for FD. Moo.
I think this is the one you are referring to

I really think it may have been during the 40-minute gap in NC. Otherwise, he had to drive over an hour from NC back to Farmington in a (likely) unreliable, unfamiliar truck with a dead body somewhere in it. There's so many variables and what-ifs that could've happened on that drive back. I'm just not convinced he would've taken that risk.

Also, this was planned. He knew what he planned on doing with the body. 40 minutes is a long time to move some things from car A to car B, especially when you've already spent longer than you probably originally anticipated cleaning blood in a garage.

The one thing I can't figure out is the phone. The warrants make it seem like JFD's phone got to Lapham, stayed at Lapham, then was disconnected 40 minutes later. If that IS what happened (and LE aren't just purposefully leaving info only the killer would know out of the warrants), it doesn't make sense to me. He brought her car and phone to Lapham, left to dispose of the body, then swung back around to power off her phone? That seems foolishly dangerous and unnecessary.

Could the phone have happened to run out of power shortly before the Tacoma was spotted?

good thoughts.
So if that were the case then FD handed off or dropped off the body BEFORE the trash run to Albany.
Possibly the call to KM at 7:47pm from Albany
was to confirm the final disposition by KM who
may have been the one to cover up the grave,
or the one to use his boat to take out to a lake and dump or, or, or.
KM had one last duty to do and FD was confirming it was done.
Where is KM's boat in relationship to pings, or any other location in question?

Yes, but the time from Waveny to the rest stop on the Merritt being only 3 minutes apart, if it was another person then it was incredibly coincidental!
Note: from my own familiarity, I thought that 3 minutes sounds right. However I just google mapped it starting exactly at 200 Lapham, and it comes out saying 5 minutes (or even 7 minutes if going around to get on on 106). So maybe he was going fast, or google maps isn't precise for such a short distance, or possibly this suggests another scenario. But it would be odd if the red truck was there so close in time to when the phone was turned off, and it wasn't the same person, right?
MOO.
It sounds like you looked it up at rush-hour that could make a difference

I feel like FD had help with the body. Forgive me, but rigor mortis will be setting in.

I think fd could handle a 100 pound body by himself.he was in good shape a non smoker as far as I know.I’m sure he used his in house gym to stay fit so he could compete in water skiing competitions. As far as pre digging a grave and filling it back in goes. I’m a little on the maybe he wouldn't want to work that hard? There is a proper way to use a shovel so as to get more done and not tire yourself so much.witch he probably didn’t have the shovel experience.Im a little older farm raised and I could do it.But he was stubborn and determined I’m sure,that can go a long way when trying to get a job done. Pre digging it is the hard part and would take hours.filling it back in with loose dirt is the easy part and will go a lot quicker. Moo

Marissa Alter‏Verified account @MarissaAlter
DULOS GAG ORDER: Attorneys have a week to file written arguments to the state Supreme Court on why justices should still rule on the gag order appeal in the Fotis Dulos even though Dulos has died. An order was filed late yesterday in the appeal. @News12CT

ERJSicvXUAAzMFi.jpg

ERJSicwXYAAN0Ik.jpg

6:25 AM - 19 Feb 2020

Note for those of you following the Dulos/Troconis/Mawhinney cases: Judge John Blawie is back at work after being out for surgery. Blawie will proceed over Kent Mawhinney’s Thursday hearing where Mawhinney is expected to plead not guilty to conspiracy to commit murder @News12CT

7:48 AM - 18 Feb 2020

But no location history was returned per the SW. Handwritten:
"E-mail stating no geo-locations on vehicle
2017 Chevrolet Suburban
VIN: 1GNSKJKCXHR239005"

So are you saying he could of gone some where with the suburban to bury her body during the 40 minutes and there would be no tracking on the suburban? As long as he left the phone at waveny park.
Eta return to waveny transfer bags.Bicycle and Mat to Tacoma.retrive phone witch was left on hidden at waveny.......Park the suburban and turn of phone and 3 minutes latter the Tacoma is on the merit moo

Last edited:
But wouldn't there be warrants for both the phone found with the car and and the 2nd phone that may or may not exist. I know search dogs were out there. Even electronically trained dogs does not mean there was a missing phone belonging to JD. Could have been looking for FD burner. I'm not saying 100% there is no 2nd JD phone. I went thru the entire 347 SW doc and I only found one number associated with JD. It's a long doc, maybe I missed it.

I also went through all the SW's (the grouping I have has 467 pages) and like you, I only found a search of one JFd phone (the number the nanny gave police after reporting JFd missing, which was the number police pinged near where the Suburban was found). Four other items identified in exhibits as iPhones were located in the search of JFD's home, but they appear to be older cellphones (5th and 6th Generation Apple phones), an iPod, and either another IPhone 6 Plus, or an iPad mini (I got conflicting results from the IMEI number).

When New Canaan police initially went through JFd's home to see if they could locate anyone inside, they reportedly found "a cellular telephone and tablet on master bedroom night stand." I presume that phone was the iPod, since they look like phones, it would seem odd for JFd to keep an older cellphone close by, and there is no SW for search of a second phone.

Last edited:
I'm confused about the cell phone still. are we sure the red cell phone is jennifer's cell phone? or was that one of the kids cells inside her suburban. i thought that he would throw her cell phone away. per the warrants it does not specify that the cell phone found was hers, please correct me if i'm wrong. thank you guys
@kimch33kim Ive looked through the search warrants. The model iphone located inthe surburban was an iphone model A1778 which equates to an iphone 7.
Phones/devices retrieved from Welles Lane were:
Apple iPhone model A1512 = is coming up as an ipad mini
Apple iPhone model A1634 =iPhone 6s plus
Apple iPhone model A1574 = is coming up as an iPod touch
Apple iPhone model A1661 = is also an iPhone 7

So, I am thinking the phone located in the surburban belonged to one of the children?

There may be a very simple solution to find out if the phone found in the Suburban belonged to JD or one of the kids. If there were 2 different phones involved, there will be search warrants for 2 different phone numbers. I don't have time right now to search 347 pages of a searchable document. JD Suburban also had Sirius which the SW states would have GPS info. MOO.
but the Sirius warrant didn't return any information.

DULOS GAG ORDER: Attorneys have a week to file written arguments to the state Supreme Court on why justices should still rule on the gag order appeal in the Fotis Dulos even though Dulos has died. An order was filed late yesterday in the appeal. @News12CT

ERJSicvXUAAzMFi.jpg

ERJSicwXYAAN0Ik.jpg

6:25 AM - 19 Feb 2020

Dear Pattis Team: LESS THAN 5 pages, folks. LESS THAN 5 pages.

If he writes more, can they all just be shredded??? A little more compliance with court procedures might have saved FD's life...and Jennifer's....

JMHO YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member