Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
@auspex, thanks for this info on Pine Lake Park. After the confusion around the address in the SW I did a google walk around the area and Pine Lake Park stood out to me as an interesting location for a variety of thing.

Do you know if that area around the Park might have been a drug meet up location possibly as well? I'm not seeing people walking around the Park at that hour of the night but possibly meeting there for a pick might be doable? IDK. Was wondering about the camera situation in that Park as well? Do you think there are possibly cameras there or in the parking areas?

MOO

No idea on that but certainly there are medications sometimes used with patients with dementia that also can be abused by people recreationally or for other nefarious purposes. I am not saying anyone working there ever did or would have anything to do with sharing such items; it could simply be a meeting spot. There also are items used for restraint although let us hope very rarely and only ever to protect a patient. Could such things be used to restrain a person with dementia? Sure, although, again, we all would hope that never occurred. If I were LE, I would look for associates of FD, MT, and KM there especially given the dazed looks seen on their faces at times. MOO.

This article is sad as obviously, despite family and AC, Fd still required people, even unknown people, to praise and validate him. I wonder how NP failed to understand that his client was becoming increasingly depressed and desperate.

From the article from you posted, @afitzy:

Another thing learned from the documents is how lonely Dulos appeared to be. He was texting a random number since September, just because that person said nice things to him. Since he didn’t know who that person was, Dulos thought it was Ragaglia, but police didn’t make that connection.

It seems extremely unlikely that NP wouldn’t have heightened awareness of such issues given his regular psychotherapy visits. MOO.

After much thought today about where, when and how FD could have disposed of or handed off the body in NC before returning to Farmington, there are 2 pieces of evidence that make me think that he brought the body back to Farmington.

They are two items found in the Albany trash, described in AW3.

The first is the black taped together black plastic bags. There are 2 reasons I can think of for why he might have taped them together: 1. to make a larger "tarp" like surface, to protect either a vehicle interior or bed, or a floor or tub surface, from blood; or 2. as has been described here, taped end to end to wrap or enclose JD body.
Given there were 2 ponchos found I could also consider that he might use them as a coverall, etc but that seems redundant (and cumbersome) given that ponchos were also found.
If he taped them together to make some sort of protective surface/tarp, did he find the tape and the bags in JD house? Did he bring both bags and tape with him to NC? And if so, why did he need to make a tarp-like covering in NC, unless of course he did some sort of dismemberment in the garage, but one would think it would require far more than 10 rolls of paper towels and leave far more evidence.
Alternatively, if he used this taped together bag to somehow contain or wrap the body, then if he disposed of the body down in/near NC, why would the bag come all the way back to Farmington with him? Only if he emptied the bag of the body, I guess, which would mean in a grave or some other disposal site. But even then it might seem best to keep it all wrapped up in plastic, right, even in a grave it seems like less work and mess at the site to unwrap or empty the body from the bags, and being wrapped up might make it less likely to be discovered.

The second item is related to this line of thought. It is the black plastic bag, with both FD middle finger prints, tied in a knot on one side and ripped open on the other, with red/brown stains and black tape on the interior. This item again appears to have been tied shut and then ripped open, to perhaps empty something. The inside has blood (assuming red brown stains are blood) and black tape on it. Why would this item appear all the way in Farmington if it contained the body and then was emptied? Why was it tied shut and then ripped open? Wasn't FD wearing gloves, how did both of his middle fingerprints get on there?

The presence of her clothes in Albany also suggests that if he did bury or dispose or hand off down in NC area, then he must have taken the clothes off first down there. He had a short time to do the disposal if he did it between leaving Welles in Suburban and being spotted on Merritt parkway heading home, did he disrobe her in the garage? He would have needed to wrap a naked body in something to avoid it being seen as he drove away, maybe the taped together bags. But then how did he end up with those bags up in Albany?

Thinking this through I find it hard to believe that all that stuff of that nature would end up in Albany, if the body had been left down in NC.

MOO.

The Courant has obtained monthd of court monitors report from the Dulos case including May 22 when Fotis Dulos visited his wife’s New Canaan home. Two days later she was gone:

Two days before Fotis Dulos allegedly killed his estranged wife, Jennifer Farber Dulos, he was in the driveway of her home handing her a piece of a chocolate bunny.
The encounter is an odd juxtaposition to what authorities accused Dulos of doing barely 40 hours later — lying in wait for Jennifer to return from dropping their five children off at school and violently killing her in the garage at the other end of that same driveway.
But that moment on May 22 — like so many others — was closely monitored and dutifully chronicled as part of the custody arrangement that lay at the heart of the dispute between the couple. The court monitor cataloged every movement by Dulos, every interaction with each child and submitted a report to the court after each visit over the previous two years.
And while Fotis Dulos’ death has shifted focus away from the criminal case, the lengthy and expensive divorce case has raised an array of questions about the family court system in Connecticut.
The visit to her home two days earlier, along with his other interactions with the children dating from January 2018, was documented in court monitor reports obtained by the Courant. While that gathering has been referred to in court, the details of it are being revealed here for the first time, including a potential defense answer to a key element of the prosecution’s case, how Dulos’ DNA was found inside a house he claimed never to have been in.

The reports reveal a couple constantly fighting over small things, including whether Dulos could get out of the car and hug his children when he picked them up. They also provide a window into the difficulties of supervised visits and the tension that builds as the visits tick swiftly by — the children always aware their three-hour window is closing.
Most of the visits were to parks in the New Canaan area, where Dulos would bring bikes for the kids to ride or a soccer ball for an impromptu game. They then either would set up a picnic or go into town for dinner and ice cream before their mother picked them up.
Dulos was habitually late for the mid-week visits, often complaining about traffic. When one of the children told him their mother had remarked about his tardiness, he responded: “She doesn’t have to drive an hour and a half” to get here. He also tried several times to change plans at the last minute, a source of irritation for Jennifer Farber Dulos because she seemed “like the bad guy” if she said no.

On May 22, though, Dulos actually arrived an hour early, getting to Welles Lane at 3:30 p.m. only to be told by his estranged wife to leave and come back in an hour when the court monitor would be there.
Returning at 4:30, he parked at the bottom of the driveway and pulled out chocolate bunnies for each of his five children. As he handed them out, Jennifer Farber Dulos, who was standing nearby, said that she “ate chocolate every day” to which Dulos replied “maybe one of the children would want to sacrifice their bunny for you.”
He then gave her a piece of one of the bunnies to eat.
Dulos’ children immediately noticed his haircut, he had shaved his hair off. The monitor wrote that all of the children rubbed his head in the driveway. Dulos had bought a cake for dessert and he asked if Jennifer could put it in the refrigerator. The monitor observed that Jennifer took the cake from Dulos to bring into the house. Both were instances the defense could have pointed to as moments where his DNA could have been transferred.
The visit was different from the others — it was the first time Dulos was allowed past the beginning of the long driveway of her Welles Lane home and into the backyard area.
First, Dulos played basketball with his children on a new hoop that had just been installed that morning. While playing, two of the children started fighting and both Jennifer and Dulos intervened. Dulos then told his wife he was impressed with the new basketball hoop
It was there when you parked, you just missed it,” Jennifer said.

“It is a very nice hoop and I like how it has the protection,” Dulos replied.
The hoop had in fact been installed that day by a Stratford man who was one of the last people, outside of her family, to talk with Farber Dulos.
“She was so excited to get the kids their own basketball hoop. She seemed like a very nice person,” Earl Capuano said in a recent interview with the Courant. Farber Dulos had purchased the hoop from the Darien Sport Shop, where Capuano worked.
“I talked to her a few times to set up an appointment to come to the house and where it would be best to put it,” Capuano said. “She mentioned that she was divorced but I got the impression it had just happened recently.”

The story of the last time Fotis Dulos saw his children: Chocolate bunnies, a haircut, a new basketball hoop and an outdoor picnic

I am creeped out by the “sacrifice their bunny” because wouldn’t most people say “share” or something? It’s very odd in moo. Also, in regard to the shaved hair, I would think you would want to do that more than just the day of such an “event” to eliminate stray loose hairs. MOO.

I think the mud room door being unlocked is a definite key to the puzzle of whether there was an accomplice or not. He could have gone out that way to put the bike deeper in the woods to come back for later, or someone else could have left that way. Just not sure how the bike makes it way to the Tacoma. Did someone take the bike to the woods and he came back for it? Maybe he hid it,I just can’t see the bike tossed into the back of the Suburban with a body.

I don’t think it ever would be good to have a body in the back of a Suburban or any other vehicle but if one did, a bike thrown on top of the bags would look less suspect in my view than a big bag that might have strange lumps if viewed carefully. And if you’re caught with the body, having the bike wouldn’t make it worse in my view. MOO.

Thursday, February 20th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan) – for *Kent D. Mawhinney (54) – Arrested & charged (1/7/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. Held on $2M bond.
*Charged (1/2019) spousal sexual assault, disorderly conduct & 2nd degree unlawful restraint & in June, 2019 with violating of a protective order. $500K bond.
If bond made – on house arrest, surrender passport & no contact with co-defendants. Dulos’ former civil lawyer who represented Dulos against a $2.5 million civil lawsuit filed by his mother-in-law.
1/7/20: Arraignment hearing on 1/8/20. 1/8/20: Court notes Mawhinney was out on bond on spousal abuse & other charges. State’s Attorney says $2 million bond is appropriate, wants GPS monitoring. Says Mawhinney May have been trying to flee the state to evade arrest. Judge leaves bond for Mahwinney at $2 million. State’s Attorney Rich Colangelo brings up how Mahwinney has not cooperated and when he learned of the arrest warrant, didn’t turn himself in but appeared to run. Troopers took him into custody at gun point late yesterday afternoon. Defense counsel asks for $500k bond, citing he's a father & hockey coach. Immigration law attorney in good standing. No financial resources. Bond set at $2 million. House arrest. Next pretrial hearing on 2/20/20.
1/28/20 Update: Superior Court Judge David Sheridan, acting on a request from the Office of Chief Disciplinary Counsel, suspended attorney Mawhinney on Jan. 28, 2020.
2/14/20 Update: re spousal assault: A judge said Friday an attorney accused of sexually assaulting his wife has been offered a deal that’s pending “discussions” in the Jennifer Dulos homicide case. The terms of the potential deal were not revealed in court and the judge said it could be held up pending “discussions” in the Jennifer Dulos case. Baldini agreed to set Mawhinney's bond at $500 in the two cases so that he could receive credit for any jail time served. He previously was free on bond prior to his arrest on the conspiracy to commit murder charge. He is next scheduled to appear for the charges related to his estranged wife on April 23.
*Michelle C. Tronconis (44/now 45) – Has pretrial hearing on 3/20/20.
*Fotis Dulos (52) – Committed suicide 1/28/20/died 1/30/20 – Has Motions hearing on 3/3/20.

I remember that. There was confusion about if the maid had been there. But, I don't think anything ever came of that. She has not been mentioned.

That last roll of paper towels would have been long gone if someone was cleaning the house. Although we do have the subway receipt.....and still don't know who bought the footlong!

Seriously, what was on that receipt? What kind of sub? Just one? Peppers on it? Seriously asking. MOO.

I've wondered this too. If I think about my partner, would he know where I store replacements for anything? and the answer is no. But perhaps logic?

Jennifer was known for being very organized and orderly and FD knew that as well. He certainly knew her habits. Also, these are big houses with defined areas for things, not like in a normal house where things might be stuffed in here or there to fit. Dry goods go in the pantry. Martha Stewart would agree. MOO.

I think it was something else on the phone itself. Not call related and not able to be pulled by the phone carrier. I wonder what type of phone it was? I think iphones store everything on the cloud?

Not all iPhones or even all smartphones. You have to set that up and many people never do. A photo would thus only be on the actual phone. MOO. Edited to fix one letter of typo.

@kimch33kim, I'm not sure the @sleuth66 quote from the AW confirms that the cell phone doesn't belong to JFd. IMO that entire section of the AW refers to JFd cell phone and the 929 area code refers to NY (usually northern Manhattan I believe) and the Fd cell phone that we have seen is area 860 (Hartford).

Sure people can get phones in different area codes but IMO that section of the AW was addressing LE attempting to find JFd cell phone.

Did Fd simply turn off the 929 area code cell phone and toss it from the window as he was driving up the Merritt?

I believe this JFd cellphone number was also provided to LE by LA too? Maybe we have the AW language someplace to confirm this as I'm going from memory.

MOO
I wonder if she didnt have a "Fotis" phone. Perhaps she did not want him calling her on her or the kids usual phone for a number of reasons. I can see having a device dedicated to his calls only. Personally I would have one like that in her sitch. Then he couldn't disrupt her all the time nor reach the kids to manipulate them without her being around.

Sorry I meant to say MT didn't find out about AC until FD died.
Not sure about that because there has always been some very quiet chatter here about a girlfriend. Source is a trusted poster. I think it was probably more openly discussed on other sites. And pretty sure MT has been all over the net, including here, reading about her case. MOO.

@LissetteNunezTV

Kent Mawhinney is back in court today. He is charged with conspiracy to commit murder in the disappearance of #JenniferDulos. In a suicide note left by Fotis Dulos, he claims Mawhinney has nothing to do with Jennifer’s disappearance.
@FOX61News
Hmmm...I wonder how FD knew KM had nothing to do with JD disappearance?

My post that you replied to said:

Just jumping off your post -

JMO but I have a hard time thinking that FD put the plates in the storm drain because he or somebody else was planning to retrieve them at a later time. I would think getting the plates out of the storm drain would be a lot harder and take a lot more time than it did to put them in there. MOO
I'm confused by your response, maybe I wasn't clear in my post. The box was taken out of the storm drain by LE with assistance IIRC of fire department and I agree it probably didn't take them long (we did see video or maybe it was pictures while this was in process). But what I was referring to was if FD had plans of he himself or MT, KM, retrieving the box out of the storm drain, that it would be much more difficult for FD or MT, KM to get the box out, than it was for FD to put the box in the storm drain.

I understand, and I think it is a good point. It could be that the plates were in there to be disappeared forever, as Fotis asked EEto do with the car seats.

I vaguely remember a lot of fussing around the storm drain. It could be it was very hard to find and retrieve the plates, and they were found only because homeboy didn’t consider witnesses and cameras.

Or it could be that the plates were put in a box so they don’t get too marred, and were waiting for someone to pick them up.

Some could argue, but it seemed to take the Fire department* hours to get them out. (Then announce nothing was found.)

And the counter argument could be it did not take them long at all to recover the plates; the time spent was additional investigation.

Back again, Fotis could have arrogantly thought his easily retrieved plates were indeed disappeared forever, even if they were conveniently located for pick up.

I don’t have a strong opinion, but I lean to the theory that the plates were there pass off. I wonder why a box rather than a garbage bag. I wonder what made LE lie about finding anything. Did they want to imply a pass off was successful?

I remain unsure. I was simply appreciating your theory, internally debating it, and typing my thoughts. LE does know how deeply or carefully the plates were placed, if there was more in the box than plates, etc. So they have more info and might have a firmer theory.

(Edited to spell out fire department; using FD was more unclear than average for me!)

After much thought today about where, when and how FD could have disposed of or handed off the body in NC before returning to Farmington, there are 2 pieces of evidence that make me think that he brought the body back to Farmington.

They are two items found in the Albany trash, described in AW3.

The first is the black taped together black plastic bags. There are 2 reasons I can think of for why he might have taped them together: 1. to make a larger "tarp" like surface, to protect either a vehicle interior or bed, or a floor or tub surface, from blood; or 2. as has been described here, taped end to end to wrap or enclose JD body.
Given there were 2 ponchos found I could also consider that he might use them as a coverall, etc but that seems redundant (and cumbersome) given that ponchos were also found.
If he taped them together to make some sort of protective surface/tarp, did he find the tape and the bags in JD house? Did he bring both bags and tape with him to NC? And if so, why did he need to make a tarp-like covering in NC, unless of course he did some sort of dismemberment in the garage, but one would think it would require far more than 10 rolls of paper towels and leave far more evidence.
Alternatively, if he used this taped together bag to somehow contain or wrap the body, then if he disposed of the body down in/near NC, why would the bag come all the way back to Farmington with him? Only if he emptied the bag of the body, I guess, which would mean in a grave or some other disposal site. But even then it might seem best to keep it all wrapped up in plastic, right, even in a grave it seems like less work and mess at the site to unwrap or empty the body from the bags, and being wrapped up might make it less likely to be discovered.

The second item is related to this line of thought. It is the black plastic bag, with both FD middle finger prints, tied in a knot on one side and ripped open on the other, with red/brown stains and black tape on the interior. This item again appears to have been tied shut and then ripped open, to perhaps empty something. The inside has blood (assuming red brown stains are blood) and black tape on it. Why would this item appear all the way in Farmington if it contained the body and then was emptied? Why was it tied shut and then ripped open? Wasn't FD wearing gloves, how did both of his middle fingerprints get on there?

The presence of her clothes in Albany also suggests that if he did bury or dispose or hand off down in NC area, then he must have taken the clothes off first down there. He had a short time to do the disposal if he did it between leaving Welles in Suburban and being spotted on Merritt parkway heading home, did he disrobe her in the garage? He would have needed to wrap a naked body in something to avoid it being seen as he drove away, maybe the taped together bags. But then how did he end up with those bags up in Albany?

Thinking this through I find it hard to believe that all that stuff of that nature would end up in Albany, if the body had been left down in NC.

MOO.
I so agree with you that there’s no good explanation for everyone of those black trash bags why a knot tied in one side and ripped open and black tape inside it.And the two taped together. Myself and others have suggested as you did that the two taped together could have been used as a wrap for the body with the zip ties as handles.I believe he packaged her fully clothed with the bags and zip ties, in the garage at wells.If he buried her weather it was in nc or Farmington.he would of stripped the zip ties,bags and all her clothes off before Burial, the reason would be his fear of his dna or fingerprints being with the body of it was ever found. Separating evidence makes sense. The two ponchos scream accomplice, witch goes against how I feel,that Fotis murder and buried jd by himself in nc.Mt and km job was to establish a alibi for FD and themselves.and help with clean up of the Tacoma,and disposal of evidence.Moo.Maybe they wore the ponchos for the clean up of the Tacoma and packaging of evidence at 80ms? What also puzzles me is what happened to fd clothes from that day? I would expect when the clean up was done fd and MT would of stripped there clothes off and dispose of them as well.They weren’t found at Albany ave or Mira as far as we know.again separating evidence makes sense so they could of dumped them in trash bins in Bristol,there were phone pings there.i don’t recall what time of day that was?
Moo

I am creeped out by the “sacrifice their bunny” because wouldn’t most people say “share” or something? It’s very odd in moo. Also, in regard to the shaved hair, I would think you would want to do that more than just the day of such an “event” to eliminate stray loose hairs. MOO.

Me too. I’m creeped out by the bunny story.

If the bunny were mine, I would over identify with the bunny as a bunny, and shudder at breaking it. (But I get over it for chocolate.)

If the bunny were a gift for my baby, I’d feel a little like my ex just ripped apart my baby’s pet and fed it to me. Calling it a sacrifice, even. But, that’s just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluntzilla901