Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a thought...when did MT stop showing her hand signals while on camera? I recall thete was speculation about her intentions and what they meant.

Did she stop giving signals after she learned about AC? When did AC move in?
I think you could be correct that it all seemed to end in Late October as I don’t recall seeing the hand signals in that hearing but it might be worth a second look. The October hearing was most memorable I thought for the MT years and papa t propping mt up for the appearance.

MOO

The

The Fudge story came from HC. We never knew if it was a LE leak or Atty. P. Leak to DA.

moo
Ct-n.com has video of a meeting of the CT Foundation for Open Government held 1/27/2020. (Go to On Demand, then search by date) DA speaks about the Dulos case near the beginning, and then near end at about 1:09. Says he walked Albany Ave, found homeless man and Fudge and spoke to both. Also speaks on FOIA request difficulties.

Yes, imo they all knew and in my mind it makes them part of the fraud. Fd attys worked on that bond package and I can remember atty smith saying that “technical” difficulties were behind the delay in getting the bond issued!

I guess a group fraud action takes time to pull off!!

I hope we see consequences for Atty. P. And atty Smith involvement in the fraudulent bond. But I’m not holding my breath as we haven’t seen atty colengelo fight for consequences on much so far unfortunately!

Moo
They all seem as thick as thieves, IMO.

Shannon Miller‏Verified account @_ShannonMiller
IN COURT: Mawhinney has note for attorney tucked in his jumpsuit pocket. Attorney takes it out of his pocket before he left the courtroom. #nbcct

ERO5-mBXsAAh-Id.jpg

ERO5-l_XsAAw_8z.jpg

8:36 AM - 20 Feb 2020

@davealtimari

Kent Mawhinney has a note in the pocket of his prison uniform. When the hearing ended he leaned over and his attorney Lee Gold took it out. His attorneys then met with him downstairs in lockup for 25 minutes. Gold and Jerry Donnelly refused to comment on the notes contents.

Watching the video, the note exchange is bizarre. Presuming that Gold and Donnelly met with KM before the hearing. We could come up with a long list of "What's in the Note?"
  • Plea bargain information?
  • KM needs new undies?
  • KM wants funds for his prison shopping account?
  • KM states his memory is improving...depending on the deals presented?
  • KM wants a new roomie?
  • As part of the plea deal, KM wants botox?
  • KM wants to file suit claiming the prison is providing inferior TP and meals?
Sorry for the snark, but I've never seen anything like this in a court before...my experiences are certainly limited compared to those working in the field or reporting on the trials, etc. Passing notes in court to one's own attorneys is "out of the norm," eh???

No idea on that but certainly there are medications sometimes used with patients with dementia that also can be abused by people recreationally or for other nefarious purposes. I am not saying anyone working there ever did or would have anything to do with sharing such items; it could simply be a meeting spot. There also are items used for restraint although let us hope very rarely and only ever to protect a patient. Could such things be used to restrain a person with dementia? Sure, although, again, we all would hope that never occurred. If I were LE, I would look for associates of FD, MT, and KM there especially given the dazed looks seen on their faces at times. MOO.
IMO
I agree...my first thought when I read that location, was a drug deal, possibly even just used as a meeting place, as it is not a busy spot. Someone might be able to conduct business there as the parking area may be away from public and cameras. Although nearby cameras could catch them coming and going.
Might be a know drug purchase point?
Could also be an employee that KM knew from a former client. That guy seemed to run in bad circles with his practice and his own alcohol abuse, possibly drug use.
But at the first arrest of FD and MT they looked zoned out. He especially looked maniacal in the photos...
I would be using drugs if I did what he has been charged with and shown on cameras coming and going, and then the coverups.
Not knowing what is going to come at him next ?
How to possibly get out of it?
Most likely regretting all of it?
Especially how it went down, too many trails led back to him....
He also knew his financial world was falling apart so making bail and paying lawyer fees was going to be impossible...
That is all a recipe for anxiety and as we have now seen, suicide as a means to escape a life in prison.
The professional mental health experts that were following this case probably saw the suicide coming, courts and his attorney also should have been well aware of his potential risk and addressed it more throughly.
IMO

Marissa Alter‏Verified account @MarissaAlter
HAPPENING TODAY: Kent Mawhinney, the friend and former attorney for Fotis Dulos, is back in court today accused of conspiring with Dulos to kill his estranged wife, Jennifer Dulos. Mawhinney remains in custody on $2 million bond since his arrest in January. @News12CT

ERObJ_1W4AIqze5.jpg

6:21 AM - 20 Feb 2020

Mawhinney is expected to enter a not guilty plea today. Judge John Blawie, who’s been overseeing the cases connected to Jennifer Dulos’ murder, is back after being out for surgery and will be on the bench today. We’ll have updates on @News12CT.

6:22 AM - 20 Feb 2020

The media scene outside Stamford Superior Court for Kent Mawhinney is a LOT smaller than with Fotis Dulos and Michelle Troconis. @News12CT

EROc_eGWsAASqB9.jpg

6:29 AM - 20 Feb 2020

We are still waiting for Kent Mawhinney’s hearing to begin. Chief State’s Attorney Rich Colangelo is meeting with Mawhinney’s attorneys right now. @News12CT

7:41 AM - 20 Feb 2020

Bizarre—Judge Gary White is on the bench in the courtroom. I was told Judge John Blawie had returned from surgery. @News12CT

7:44 AM - 20 Feb 2020

Mawhinney enters not guilty plea, elects for a jury trial. Next court date 3/31. @News12CT

7:46 AM - 20 Feb 2020

Whole thing took less than a minute. Colangelo said he’s awaiting discovery from state police in the case. @News12CT

7:47 AM - 20 Feb 2020

Mawhinney’s attorneys—Lee Gold and Jeremy Donnelly—left the courthouse without speaking on camera with the media. @News12CT

ERO4SIQXsAA-0sf.jpg

8:28 AM - 20 Feb 2020

It came after they met with their client in lock-up for about half an hour following the brief hearing. @News12CT

8:40 AM - 20 Feb 2020

You can see in this picture Kent Mawhinney has what looks to be a note in his shirt pocket. After the hearing, he said something to attorney Lee Gold who then took the note. @News12CT

ERO_H9yWkAMsqeh.jpg

8:58 AM - 20 Feb 2020

Sorry for the snark, but I've never seen anything like this in a court before...my experiences are certainly limited compared to those working in the field or reporting on the trials, etc. Passing notes in court to one's own attorneys is "out of the norm," eh???
RSBM: KM is an atty and no doubt very invested in his case. During the hearing with my ex last month, I also wrote notes, nudged my atty and made him read the notes. Doubt he was happy about that but nobody knows my case like I do. IME.

Who knows what that note was about...maybe even ‘his’ alibi list of what his attorneys have found out that the state police are investigating.

My guess is that he is getting along fine with his other inmates, maybe providing them free legal advise.

How is this possible the suburban was abandoned at the park. The nanny didn't use the suburban, i'm confusd

The Nanny was 'Supposed' to drive the Suburban that day.

According to the AW, it was JFd's plan to drive the Land Rover and leave the Suburban for the Nanny.

The Child had no way of knowing what would happen that day and that the Suburban would be unavailable.

IMO.

Volunteering to submit questions about the Dulos case sent to me

LIVE CHAT - Tuesday, Feb 25 - Noon - 1 pm

Courant's investigative reporter Dave Altimari will answer questions about the Dulos case live on Courant.com Questions have to be submitted by a subscriber but I think non-subscribers can view the chat on Tuesday (awaiting confirmation).

Dave Altimari‏ @davealtimari
Trying something different. Going to do a Q&A on Dulos case. I've gotten private messages and questions from people so thought it'd be worth it. Next Tuesday at noon, you can submit questions ahead of time by following link. It's for subscribers only.

pCQMbF7H

Courant investigative reporter Dave Altimari to answer your questions about the Dulos case live

9:41 AM - 18 Feb 2020

BBM
In the last hearing tape posted by @afitzy CoAngelo indicates that he “heard of contact
through a third party but that he was still trying to confirm”. So there was no confirmation yet that there was any third party contact /hence no details. He says this at approx 10:00 when he is going over conditions of release. Was there an update to that I missed? IMO
Maybe KM was third party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member