Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kent Mawhinney, Fotis Dulos’ former attorney, pleads not guilty to conspiracy charge in murder of Jennifer Farber Dulos

Feb 20, 2020

Kent Mawhinney, a lawyer and friend of Fotis Dulos, pleaded not guilty Thursday to conspiring to kill Dulos’ estranged wife, Jennifer Farber Dulos, last May.

[..]

Prosecutor Richard Colangelo told Judge Gary White that he still hasn’t received all of the discovery from the state police detectives investigating the Mawhinney case and said when he does, he would turn it over to Mawhinney’s lawyers.

[..]

Mawhinney, like Dulos, is in the midst of a contentious divorce. In court records connected to an earlier arrest of Mawhinney, lawyers outline an effort by Dulos to broker communication between Mawhinney and his estranged wife, despite a restraining order against Mawhinney.

[..]

Mawhinney made a brief appearance in Superior Court in Hartford Friday, where he faces a sexual assault charge. Prosecutor Sharmese Hodge told Hartford Superior Court Judge Laura F. Baldini she has made an offer to Mawhinney’s lawyers, Jeremy Donnelly and Lee Gold, to resolve the Hartford cases. He is also charged with second-degree unlawful restraint and disorderly conduct.

The details of the plea offer were not disclosed.

Guess his attorneys wanted to discuss what was in that note...

During the hearing, a note could be seen tucked into the breast pocket of Mawhinney’s uniform. At one point, Mawhinney leaned toward Lee Gold, one of his attorneys, who took the note from his pocket. Gold and defense attorney Jeremy Donnelly then left the courtroom and went downstairs to meet with Mawhinney for about 25 minutes.

Kent Mawhinney, Fotis Dulos’ former attorney, pleads not guilty to conspiracy charge in murder of Jennifer Farber Dulos

KM most likely was the 3rd party in communication between FD and MT...however, I wonder if it may have been MT mother or sister.

KM attorneys at least know what a Gag Order is....even if we want info from any comments defense makes, at least for now KM defense lawyers are following the courts rules. (Not like NP and all)

KM probably wrote a note....because he knows we love to read lips!

KM...his awkward facial expression I believe is a muscle or nerve issue, not because he is making faces or looking quizzical because he does not understand. The awkward look worse when he scrunches his face or smiles. This is just how his face is.

All above JMOO.

How many attorneys does KM have, and do we know who they are?

Two that we know of: Mawhinney’s lawyers, Lee Gold (center) and Jeremy Donnelly (far rt).

ERO_H9yWkAMsqeh.jpg

Feb 20, 2020

Kent Mawhinney, a lawyer and friend of Fotis Dulos, pleaded not guilty Thursday to conspiring to kill Dulos’ estranged wife, Jennifer Farber Dulos, last May.

[..]

Prosecutor Richard Colangelo told Judge Gary White that he still hasn’t received all of the discovery from the state police detectives investigating the Mawhinney case and said when he does, he would turn it over to Mawhinney’s lawyers.

[..]

Mawhinney, like Dulos, is in the midst of a contentious divorce. In court records connected to an earlier arrest of Mawhinney, lawyers outline an effort by Dulos to broker communication between Mawhinney and his estranged wife, despite a restraining order against Mawhinney.

[..]

Mawhinney made a brief appearance in Superior Court in Hartford Friday, where he faces a sexual assault charge. Prosecutor Sharmese Hodge told Hartford Superior Court Judge Laura F. Baldini she has made an offer to Mawhinney’s lawyers, Jeremy Donnelly and Lee Gold, to resolve the Hartford cases. He is also charged with second-degree unlawful restraint and disorderly conduct.

The details of the plea offer were not disclosed.
Usually when an accused agrees to a plea deal it's not a secret. So when KM are you going to come clean in the JD case?

Here’s what I have @spaz1959

Upcoming Court Dates:

3/3 Dismiss FD murder
3/23 BR - FD stalker
3/20 MT - JFD
3/31 KM - JFD
4/23 KM - wife

KM’s attorneys entered a not guilty verdict for him today and elected for a jury trial on JFD. ‘If’ a plea agreement is done prior to next court date, it probably will be cancelled.

ETA: having a lot of trouble today trying to reply to a post!

Last edited:
What is the next court case for? Between he and his ex? If he was going to plea in JD case, wonder if he'll see that court date?

KM appeared in court last Friday, Feb 14 for his sexual assault charges where his estranged wife was his victim. His next court date for this case is April 23.

Prosecutor Hodge also told Hartford Superior Court Judge Baldini that she has made an offer to KM's lawyers to resolve the Hartford case but did not reveal the details. So that he would accrue jail credit, Judge Baldini increased his bail modestly on the Hartford charges. (MW had posted bail on those charges).

KM appeared in Stamford Superior Court today, Feb 20, where he pleaded not guilty to conspiring to kill JD. He also elected a jury trial. His next court appearance for this case is March 31. KM remains held on $2 million bail since his arrest on Jan. 7 for conspiracy to commit murder in connection with JD's death.

@Niner

The Nanny was 'Supposed' to drive the Suburban that day.

According to the AW, it was JFd's plan to drive the Land Rover and leave the Suburban for the Nanny.

The Child had no way of knowing what would happen that day and that the Suburban would be unavailable.

IMO.
Sorry I still don't get it. FD drove JD 2017 suburban with JD body at 10:25 then how can the nanny drive her suburban and how can the kid's cell phone be left there. the land rover was the only car in the garage when she came home

Usually when an accused agrees to a plea deal it's not a secret. So when KM are you going to come clean in the JD case?

I think today was the first opportunity he had to talk to his lawyers outside of jail since Prosecutor Hodge's offer to resolve the Hartford case . I think this is probably what they talked about for a half-hour after his brief hearing today in Stamford.

MOO

AD is tomorrow at 10AM @ New Haven Superior Court pattis n smith harasser
Here’s what I have @spaz1959

Upcoming Court Dates:

3/3 Dismiss FD murder
3/23 BR - FD stalker
3/20 MT - JFD
3/31 KM - JFD
4/23 KM - wife

KM’s attorneys entered a not guilty verdict for him today and elected for a jury trial on JFD. ‘If’ a plea agreement is done prior to next court date, it probably will be cancelled.

ETA: having a lot of trouble today trying to reply to a post!

Because this MT contact with FD through a 3rd party had just been revealed to the Prosecutor. He stated this at the hearing with MT’s new lawyer who wanted bracelet removed, more freedom, etc. The Prosecutor was investigating. IF this is found to be true then charges should be brought against MT.

I agree! IDK why Judge proceeded with loosening restrictions IF the Prosecutor brought up the 3rd party contact!

I'm filing this under 'Only in CT BS' as it makes no sense to reward someone who is NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES.

I do hope that when the 3rd party contact is investigated and revealed that if MT was involved that she gets "Door 2" and heads right back to Prison!

Enough is Enough is Enough is Enough!!!!!!!!!!

MOO

Sorry I still don't get it. FD drove JD 2017 suburban with JD body at 10:25 then how can the nanny drive her suburban and how can the kid's cell phone be left there. the land rover was the only car in the garage when she came home
I think she means - Jennifer drove the kids to school in her suburban that morning. One of the children left the red case iphone in the car thinking they would grab it later when the nanny picked them up in the same suburban. No one knew that suburban would end up hijacked during a crime and end up deserted at Waveny later that am. IMO

I think @CTGrammy meant... if everything had went like a normal day on May 24th. ( NO murder, no disappearance) Jennifer dropped off the kids at school in the suburban, a child could’ve left their cell phone in the suburban that morning, planning to get it after school. If Jennifer had left for the doctors appointment in the Range Rover (like planned) and the nanny came back to house and got the Suburban to go pick up the kids later (if no murder had occurred and the suburban was still in the garage), the phone would still be in the suburban.
IMO

@kimch33kim, Nanny didn't drive the Suburban to NY because it wasn't there as it was on Lapham. If you recall this issue was alluded to in the LA deposition where she was grilled on how she got the children to NY given she doesn't have enough space for 4 children or the proper car seats (all along the guess was that LA drove her sedan with the 4 children in it (3 in back and 1 in ft)). If you recall Fd and Atty BM were essentially accusing LA of child endangerment for possibly using her car to transport the children to NY. Atty Weinstein would not allow LA to answer ANY questions on the car transportation to NY issue and so we didn't get closure on the issue. But, given that Suburban was at Waveny and Range Rover was in Welles garage then the only option other than car service IMO would be LA personal vehicle. Fd was very AGGRESSIVE in his threats to LA IMO on this issue.

Given the height of the oldest it was unclear whether he was tall enough to qualify to sit in front seat. This was discussed in depth in prior thread so head there for more details as I'm going from memory here now.

When LA arrived at 69/71 Welles she just saw the Range Rover and most likely didn't have keys for it and perhaps thought that JFd changed her mind and took the Suburban to NY as at that time I'm not sure she yet thought there was an issue with JFd being missing.

MOO

You raise a good point. If the nanny was supposed to use the surburban to collect the children from school and take them to NYC, which vehicle did she use? The surburban was at Lapham Road and the Range Rover was in the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluntzilla901