Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she means - Jennifer drove the kids to school in her suburban that morning. One of the children left the red case iphone in the car thinking they would grab it later when the nanny picked them up in the same suburban. No one knew that suburban would end up hijacked during a crime and end up deserted at Waveny later that am. IMO
Okay I get it now thank you guys

After much thought today about where, when and how FD could have disposed of or handed off the body in NC before returning to Farmington, there are 2 pieces of evidence that make me think that he brought the body back to Farmington.

They are two items found in the Albany trash, described in AW3.

The first is the black taped together black plastic bags. There are 2 reasons I can think of for why he might have taped them together: 1. to make a larger "tarp" like surface, to protect either a vehicle interior or bed, or a floor or tub surface, from blood; or 2. as has been described here, taped end to end to wrap or enclose JD body.
Given there were 2 ponchos found I could also consider that he might use them as a coverall, etc but that seems redundant (and cumbersome) given that ponchos were also found.
If he taped them together to make some sort of protective surface/tarp, did he find the tape and the bags in JD house? Did he bring both bags and tape with him to NC? And if so, why did he need to make a tarp-like covering in NC, unless of course he did some sort of dismemberment in the garage, but one would think it would require far more than 10 rolls of paper towels and leave far more evidence.
Alternatively, if he used this taped together bag to somehow contain or wrap the body, then if he disposed of the body down in/near NC, why would the bag come all the way back to Farmington with him? Only if he emptied the bag of the body, I guess, which would mean in a grave or some other disposal site. But even then it might seem best to keep it all wrapped up in plastic, right, even in a grave it seems like less work and mess at the site to unwrap or empty the body from the bags, and being wrapped up might make it less likely to be discovered.

The second item is related to this line of thought. It is the black plastic bag, with both FD middle finger prints, tied in a knot on one side and ripped open on the other, with red/brown stains and black tape on the interior. This item again appears to have been tied shut and then ripped open, to perhaps empty something. The inside has blood (assuming red brown stains are blood) and black tape on it. Why would this item appear all the way in Farmington if it contained the body and then was emptied? Why was it tied shut and then ripped open? Wasn't FD wearing gloves, how did both of his middle fingerprints get on there?

The presence of her clothes in Albany also suggests that if he did bury or dispose or hand off down in NC area, then he must have taken the clothes off first down there. He had a short time to do the disposal if he did it between leaving Welles in Suburban and being spotted on Merritt parkway heading home, did he disrobe her in the garage? He would have needed to wrap a naked body in something to avoid it being seen as he drove away, maybe the taped together bags. But then how did he end up with those bags up in Albany?

Thinking this through I find it hard to believe that all that stuff of that nature would end up in Albany, if the body had been left down in NC.

MOO.
Re the ponchos, I had thought that they were Jennifers (they AW states a JD DNA match) and were either stored in the car or garage. Surely, if they had been worn by any of the accused their DNA would also be noted (unless of course that has been omitted from the AW for strategic reasons)?

Re the ponchos, I had thought that they were Jennifers (they AW states a JD DNA match) and were either stored in the car or garage. Surely, if they had been worn by any of the accused their DNA would also be noted (unless of course that has been omitted from the AW for strategic reasons)?

No, the way and reason they are mentioned in the AW because it's part of a crime.

It's possibly part of a very gruesome crime, IMO, the details yet to be heard.

A lot of DNA evidence is yet to be heard, per Colangelo's most recent public words.

Last edited:
DEAN, MARK H., AS TRUSTEE OF THE CT RE 2019 TRUST v. DULOS, FOTIS Et Al
P AMENDED COMPLAINT AS SERVED
Document.gif
SECOND AMENDED COMPLAINT

138.00 02/20/2020 http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=18751285

Does he have a black eye here or is that just the lighting? Not trying to start any rumors, just checking. He’s not looking good here.
MOO

I expected him to look much better, given a month or so of sobriety. He doesn’t. Looks older than 54 to me. What is known about his representation? We’re they already friends or did he know them personally? Public defenders?

No, the way they are mentioned - it's in the AW - is not listing Jennifer's items. It's because it's part of a crime.

It's possibly part of a very gruesome crime, IMO, the details yet to be heard.

A lot of DNA evidence is yet to be heard, per Colangelo's most recent public words.
Hate to be pernickety, but the pochos were on the same list as JD clothing, but I take your point they were an output of the crime ( as was the clothing).

I believe the wording that Colangelo used was 'some videos and some DNA' was left out of AW and 'most (information) was used in the AW'.

They were found in Hartford trash. Nothing says they belonged to JD. There were plenty of other things in the trash that only had her DNA. I don't recall ever reading anything saying the ponchos were stored in her car or garage. Maybe I am wrong. It really doesn't matter if they belonged to JD or not. FD and MT were caught dumping them along with everything else. There is no guarantee that FD or MT DNA would be on the ponchos. Obviously, they dumped the ponchos and their DNA was not found on them. There is no strategic reason why LE would leave out a DNA match on the ponchos when they have included that info on other items. The ponchos are no different from garbage bags or tape. LE would have included if anybody else DNA was there. IMO.

I expected him to look much better, given a month or so of sobriety. He doesn’t. Looks older than 54 to me. What is known about his representation? We’re they already friends or did he know them personally? Public defenders?
I thought on the video, that he was looking better. I believe he knows his attorney well. I do not believe his attorneys are public defenders.

They were found in Hartford trash. Nothing says they belonged to JD. There were plenty of other things in the trash that only had her DNA. I don't recall ever reading anything saying the ponchos were stored in her car or garage. Maybe I am wrong. It really doesn't matter if they belonged to JD or not. FD and MT were caught dumping them along with everything else. There is no guarantee that FD or MT DNA would be on the ponchos. Obviously, they dumped the ponchos and their DNA was not found on them. There is no strategic reason why LE would leave out a DNA match on the ponchos when they have included that info on other items. The ponchos are no different from garbage bags or tape. LE would have included if anybody else DNA was there. IMO.
So, it is unlikely that the ponchos were worn to commit the murder, could have possibly been contaminated by other items in the bag(s) and may (or may not) have originated from Welles Lane?

So, it is unlikely that the ponchos were worn to commit the murder, could have possibly been contaminated by other items in the bag(s) and may (or may not) have originated from Welles Lane?
IMO, there is no reason to think either way when they were worn. If the nanny testifies there were ponchos at WL, there you go. Or maybe she doesn't know one way or another. Or maybe LE found ponchos at 4JC that match. There is no way I would commit 100% to any point of view. There is not enough info. MOO.
ETA: I think it far more likely that FD brought the ponchos to WL. MOO.

Last edited:
Kent Mawhinney, Fotis Dulos’ former attorney, pleads not guilty to conspiracy charge in murder of Jennifer Farber Dulos

Feb 20, 2020

Kent Mawhinney, a lawyer and friend of Fotis Dulos, pleaded not guilty Thursday to conspiring to kill Dulos’ estranged wife, Jennifer Farber Dulos, last May.

[..]

Prosecutor Richard Colangelo told Judge Gary White that he still hasn’t received all of the discovery from the state police detectives investigating the Mawhinney case and said when he does, he would turn it over to Mawhinney’s lawyers.

[..]

Mawhinney, like Dulos, is in the midst of a contentious divorce. In court records connected to an earlier arrest of Mawhinney, lawyers outline an effort by Dulos to broker communication between Mawhinney and his estranged wife, despite a restraining order against Mawhinney.

[..]

Mawhinney made a brief appearance in Superior Court in Hartford Friday, where he faces a sexual assault charge. Prosecutor Sharmese Hodge told Hartford Superior Court Judge Laura F. Baldini she has made an offer to Mawhinney’s lawyers, Jeremy Donnelly and Lee Gold, to resolve the Hartford cases. He is also charged with second-degree unlawful restraint and disorderly conduct.

The details of the plea offer were not disclosed.
Are the Hartford cases his case with ex-wife, or the Jennifer Dulos case?

Kent Mawhinney, Fotis Dulos’ former attorney, pleads not guilty to conspiracy charge in murder of Jennifer Farber Dulos

Feb 20, 2020

Kent Mawhinney, a lawyer and friend of Fotis Dulos, pleaded not guilty Thursday to conspiring to kill Dulos’ estranged wife, Jennifer Farber Dulos, last May.

[..]

Prosecutor Richard Colangelo told Judge Gary White that he still hasn’t received all of the discovery from the state police detectives investigating the Mawhinney case and said when he does, he would turn it over to Mawhinney’s lawyers.

[..]

Mawhinney, like Dulos, is in the midst of a contentious divorce. In court records connected to an earlier arrest of Mawhinney, lawyers outline an effort by Dulos to broker communication between Mawhinney and his estranged wife, despite a restraining order against Mawhinney.

[..]

Mawhinney made a brief appearance in Superior Court in Hartford Friday, where he faces a sexual assault charge. Prosecutor Sharmese Hodge told Hartford Superior Court Judge Laura F. Baldini she has made an offer to Mawhinney’s lawyers, Jeremy Donnelly and Lee Gold, to resolve the Hartford cases. He is also charged with second-degree unlawful restraint and disorderly conduct.

The details of the plea offer were not disclosed.
Ok, on NPATTIS blog dated Nov 18th, he describes coming up against Ms. HODGE. TITLED I like Fire an Brimstone.Worth a read. Sorry I wasn't able to cut and paste.

Imo KM ‘s face looked less bloated and thinner than when he was first arraigned. None the less , he looked like a man who has the full weight of his life’s circumstances / poor choices crashing all over him. Another guy, well educated, kids and family
Only to throw it all away. If he can feel any type of shame I bet it’s gnawing at him now. I am optimistic he is going to do the right thing and spill the beans/ cut a deal. I hope it is sooner vs later. IMO

Volunteering to submit questions about the Dulos case sent to me

LIVE CHAT - Tuesday, Feb 25 - Noon - 1 pm

Courant's investigative reporter Dave Altimari will answer questions about the Dulos case live on Courant.com Questions have to be submitted by a subscriber but I think non-subscribers can view the chat on Tuesday (awaiting confirmation).

OK, received confirmation that Dave's LIVE CHAT will only be available to subscribers of courant.com.

I'm still willing to submit questions and share Dave's reply if he does in-fact choose your question. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxooowow