Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JS friend, Lisa Backus just released this story. Almost as if she was reading our minds...

My question remains: What is the cost of MT's lying? Maybe better said, What is the cost of MT withholding information from investigators?

Analysis: Search for Jennifer Dulos nears $1M in police overtime

Connecticut State Police spent about $730,000 in overtime from May 24, 2019 — the day the New Canaan mother vanished — to Oct. 13, 2020, the latest date the data was available. However, most of the overtime — nearly $558,000 — was accrued between May 24 and July 18, 2019, the data shows.

The figures are important to defense attorney Jon Schoenhorn as he crafts a defense for his client, Michelle Troconis, who has pleaded not guilty to conspiracy to commit murder, tampering with evidence and hindering prosecution charges in the case.

“There’s a natural tendency to want to receive some type of motivation for your effort in a case this big,” Schoenhorn said. “I’m not saying that it’s the only motivation, but it certainly is a motivation.”

Since becoming Troconis’ attorney shortly after Fotis Dulos’ death, Schoenhorn has filed numerous court motions, including one asking Chief State’s Attorney Richard J. Colangelo Jr. to turn over documents detailing the cost of the investigation.

JS-I think the motivation was to FIND JENNIFER, a missing mother of 5 young children. MOO

Seriously, claim LE is pursuing this as a means to justify expenditures? What about the fact that it's his client's circumvention that is requiring additional investigation?

If only LE could bill her directly.

JMO

Seriously, claim LE is pursuing this as a means to justify expenditures? What about the fact that it's his client's circumvention that is requiring additional investigation?

If only LE could bill her directly.

JMO
THIS is what happens when you have no defense! You put your focus everywhere but defending your clients actions. MOO

I LOVE the idea of direct billing!

I keep going back to what the plan was supposed to be.

KM factors in at least twice. The meat run rendezvous the night before and the alibi meeting the morning of (I'm not convinced he was present and accounted for).
FD awakens early at 4JC, drives the Tacoma to New Canaan. Bikes with zip ties to Welles. Or he planted them there. Either way, I still believe he intended to ambush, subdue and abduct Jennifer. Within minutes of 8:15 or so. Drive her to.....

Car jockeying, bike recovery, opportunity for a McComplice.

Return Tacoma, clean. (No blood, no clean up, no paper towels, no leakage.) Reclaim cell phone, work from home briefly, as if never having left.

Go to 80 MS... Commence revenge fantasy....

The bloodshed at Welles ruined his timing, his plan and his alibi. It also increased the amount of evidence to dispose of.

He had to know a call could come in at any time....

It's possible interrogators pressed MT about body parts to shake her, but it's also possible there was tissue....

So, if FD did something from roughly noon to 4 in and around 80 MS to dispose of Jennifer, why didn't he dispose of the trash at the same time? Fill up an abandoned cistern, for instance. Awfully risky to retain that damning trash STILL, almost a full twelve hours after Welles. Smarter to stash it somewhere, anywhere, as remote as possible, THEN call the accomplice to take it from there. The Odyssey of Stupidity. Cellphones, a witness, CCTV, just dupid all around.

He seriously had no opportunity to dispose of those bags earlier and more concealedly?

And all the while MT is driving cars and phones all over high heaven, and we're supposed to believe she was unawares?

With fingerprints on the rims of trash bags? How'd THAT happen?

These accomplices are DIRTY.

JMO

I heard this "pound the table" adage while watching a recent report on the case. JS immediately came to mind as he had just filed new motions, that to me read like a desperate whine. MOO I am reminded of it again today after reading the new Backus article (which notably, states that "The search began after police said they discovered videos of Fotis Dulos dumping bags in trash bins along Albany Ave in Hartford the night of his estranged wife's disappearance."). Clever wording, Lisa. Failure to mention MT is not lost on me.

The old adage among lawyers goes like this:

"If you have the facts on your side, pound the facts; if you have the law on your side, pound the law; if you have neither the facts nor the law, pound the table."

If JS's defense including the state's breakdown of costs isn't 'pounding the table', I don't know what is....
He is using the only sticks he has left-attacks. More mud will stick to those who are hurling it.
Pound the table

MOO

JS friend, Lisa Backus just released this story. Almost as if she was reading our minds...

My question remains: What is the cost of MT's lying? Maybe better said, What is the cost of MT withholding information from investigators?

Connecticut State Police spent about $730,000 in overtime from May 24, 2019 — the day the New Canaan mother vanished — to Oct. 13, 2020, the latest date the data was available. However, most of the overtime — nearly $558,000 — was accrued between May 24 and July 18, 2019, the data shows.

The figures are important to defense attorney Jon Schoenhorn as he crafts a defense for his client, Michelle Troconis, who has pleaded not guilty to conspiracy to commit murder, tampering with evidence and hindering prosecution charges in the case.

“There’s a natural tendency to want to receive some type of motivation for your effort in a case this big,” Schoenhorn said. “I’m not saying that it’s the only motivation, but it certainly is a motivation.”

Since becoming Troconis’ attorney shortly after Fotis Dulos’ death, Schoenhorn has filed numerous court motions, including one asking Chief State’s Attorney Richard J. Colangelo Jr. to turn over documents detailing the cost of the investigation.

JS-I think the motivation was to FIND JENNIFER, a missing mother of 5 young children. MOO

Unable to read this article unless I subscribe.

Hey Lisa Backus-would it be too much to spend, if the missing/murdered person was somebody YOU loved?
Agree. Also to consider: This is a conspiracy of at least 3 people willing to murder to gain what they hoped to on the other side of all this. In the early months of this investigation, LE did not yet know the scope of the conspiracy or who all the conspirators were.

IMO, there were still individuals who should have been and likely were considered endangered because these other individuals could become obstacles to that gain (PG by his cooperation with LE and JFD's mother and other family by any challenge she or they might make to FD - as the not-yet-divorced spouse - seeking to collect JFD's estate as well as the children and any funds obligated to the children).

Edited to read more clearly.

Last edited:

Wow! Lisa Backus, who has a close relationship with Jon Schoenhorn, strikes again. Again, at something that is irrelevant in the context she presents.

MT's innocence or guilt in aiding FD in ending his wife's life is not dependent on how much money the state or local LE agencies spent on their investigations.

You absolutely nailed it...What if MT had spoken to police earlier? Would the path the JFD's body been easier to find? Would the entire situation have been circumvented?

Michi hasn't been forthcoming in how her behavior with FD might have helped push him over the edge. Did she engage with him in his revenge fantasies? Did she have a melt down over those days she had to vacate 4JX so FD could meet with his children there? What did Jennifer mean that the children were sometimes forgotten during the large Dulos/Troconis gatherings? (Such as her concerns over the Easter plate throwing events, etc.) Why was she providing alibis for him such as the phone left in the office, responding to AT phone call, saying KM was at the house and she saw him, taking the employees's truck's keys, being around while he calls KM and the children's nanny?

Schoenhorn has been broadcasting his intent to prove his client's innocence by attacking LE from various sides. He really should spend more time analyzing the warrants and the evidence against Miss T.

This is a very deep rabbit hole to dig and I don't have much if anything to say but I do hope any suspects left are brought to justice and convicted and we get some form of resolution as to what happened with Jennifer. Posting to get alerts mainly.

I wanted to say MT had to be in the courtroom physically, not via zoom. I know onetime she did try not to appear via zoom but she finally ‘showed up’. So for the next hearing MT will be in court virtual more then likely via zoom.

thanks everyone

(I think spellcheck needs to go away....it saids naughty words in place of my good words. Sorry if anything snuck through.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenitsa