Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
STAMFORD - Connecticut prosecutors filed new evidence tampering charges Friday against a woman accused in connection with the presumed killing of Jennifer Dulos, a mother of five whose disappearance last year spurred interest nationwide.

Michelle Troconis, a dual American and Venezuelan citizen, appeared in a state courtroom in Stamford for a bail hearing as her lawyer asked a judge to ease her release conditions.

Before the hearing, Chief State's Attorney Richard Colangelo Jr. filed two new counts of conspiracy to commit evidence tampering in connection with what authorities allege were efforts to cover up the killing of Dulos. Troconis’ lawyer, Jon Schoenhorn, has denied the allegations against her.
The Bristol Press - New charges filed against Michelle Troconis in Jennifer Dulos case

I think reporters might have tweeted about the new charges hrs after the hearing was over.
Thanks, @sds72 for MSM citation.

I'm assuming that since the charges are only additional counts of the same tampering with evidence charge first filed in 2019 that both the defense and DA deemed the entry insignificant to the point that each omitted them from the appellate filing and recap of filing.

MOO

Last edited:
Updated: Aug. 29, 2020 12:22 a.m.

Minutes before the hearing, Chief State’s Attorney Richard J. Colangelo Jr. filed two additional counts of conspiracy to commit tampering with evidence, removed one charge of first-degree hindering prosecution and added a second-degree hindering prosecution charge…

The new charges claim Troconis tried to “alter, destroy, conceal, and a remove a thing with the purpose to impair” the state’s investigation into Jennifer Dulos’ disappearance and presumed death.

The filing also claims Troconis aided Fotis Dulos “with intent to prevent, hinder and delay the discovery and apprehension of” her then-boyfriend through “concealment, alteration and destruction” of physical evidence…

The new charges against Troconis stem from the night of the disappearance, when she and Fotis Dulos were seen on video surveillance on Albany Avenue in Hartford, police said. The video showed Fotis Dulos throwing out garbage bags that were later determined to contain his estranged wife’s blood and clothing, arrest warrants stated.
The new charges are also connected with video footage police said shows Fotis Dulos and Troconis taking the pickup truck believed to be used the day of the disappearance to a car wash in Avon on May 29, 2019. Police later discovered Jennifer Dulos’ blood on one of the vehicle’s seats, arrest warrants state.
Michelle Troconis faces new charges in Jennifer Dulos case

The new charges are also connected with video footage police said shows Fotis Dulos and Troconis taking the pickup truck believed to be used the day of the disappearance to a car wash in Avon on May 29, 2019. Police later discovered Jennifer Dulos’ blood on one of the vehicle’s seats, arrest warrants state.
Michelle Troconis faces new charges in Jennifer Dulos case
^^rsbm

Awwwwwww -- got it! The new charges stem from the car wash -- 5 days later on May 29.

Thanks, @sds71 :)

Reviewing the transcript of the recent pre-trial hearing for MT, using the eye of a humanist, unlike the legal watchers of U.S. Supreme Court who try to gauge the jurists' feelings by the questions the judges ask, I spent way too much time reading that transcript. (Spoiler alert: My humanist opinion says the judge was tired of AS's repeated, lengthy, media worthy statements on the record. The terms unprepared (prosecution's fault per AS), incomprehensible, and inarticulate sum up much of his presentation.

The most obvious and telling comment by Judge Blawie was his comment that "we all know the law makes no distinction between direct and circumstantial evidence."
Am sure AS will continue to claim there is no body so none of the charges are relevant, however, and the judge seems puzzled that AS doesn't acknowledge that law recognizes circumstantial evidence.

This came after the judge briefly interrupted AS who was stating that the AW "suggested" a bloody death scene.

Of course, AS was "sorry."
(*I should go back and count the number of times he says "I'm sorry" and "no, but.")
MOO
upload_2021-2-22_14-53-19.png
http://appellateinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentDisplayer.aspx?AppId=2&DocId=2G/ovrouCzFOXMr7OER3mA==

Reviewing the transcript of the recent pre-trial hearing for MT, using the eye of a humanist, unlike the legal watchers of U.S. Supreme Court who try to gauge the jurists' feelings by the questions the judges ask, I spent way too much time reading that transcript. (Spoiler alert: My humanist opinion says the judge was tired of AS's repeated, lengthy, media worthy statements on the record. The terms unprepared (prosecution's fault per AS), incomprehensible, and inarticulate sum up much of his presentation.

The most obvious and telling comment by Judge Blawie was his comment that "we all know the law makes no distinction between direct and circumstantial evidence."
Am sure AS will continue to claim there is no body so none of the charges are relevant, however, and the judge seems puzzled that AS doesn't acknowledge that law recognizes circumstantial evidence.

This came after the judge briefly interrupted AS who was stating that the AW "suggested" a bloody death scene.

(*I should go back and count the number of times he says "I'm sorry" and "no, but.")
MOO
View attachment 285596
http://appellateinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentDisplayer.aspx?AppId=2&DocId=2G/ovrouCzFOXMr7OER3mA==

@Tink56 -- I should have known you too were reading closely!

I was equally pleased when Judge Blawie carefully discussed JLS use of the term "jurisdiction" when he most likely means "venue."

.... And 60 pages later, I forgot I missed my lunch. ;)

ETA: Judge Blawie to JLS:
I know you're not confused, you're just speaking colloquially :rolleyes:

Last edited:
@Tink56 -- I should have known you too were reading closely!

I was equally pleased when Judge Blawie carefully discussed JLS use of the term "jurisdiction" when he most likely means "venue."

.... And 60 pages later, I forgot I missed my lunch. ;)

It was an amazing trip down a rabbit hole! (sorry you missed lunch...)

Judge Blawie was amazingly patient, but during the last 10-15 minutes the judge was starting to show some impatience.

I was surprised about how rude AS was to Colangelo when AS realized AC was going to speak. Attorney Colangelo is speaking in the following screenshot.
AS started with the line, "I thought only one State's attorney was speaking, (insert scowl) but, you know, I mean, I understand what Mr. Colangelo is saying. (rest below)

upload_2021-2-22_17-15-52.png
IMO...

It was an amazing trip down a rabbit hole! (sorry you missed lunch...)

Judge Blawie was amazingly patient, but during the last 10-15 minutes the judge was starting to show some impatience.

I was surprised about how rude AS was to Colangelo when AS realized AC was going to speak. Attorney Colangelo is speaking in the following screenshot.
AS started with the line, "I thought only one State's attorney was speaking, (insert scowl) but, you know, I mean, I understand what Mr. Colangelo is saying. (rest below)

View attachment 285614
IMO...
Lol -- or when JLS said he wasn't going to be so rude (as to regret ethically saying) as the DA and allege somebody was lying through their teeth -- but did so anyway!!

I'm also sure Judge Blawie was hoping to cut him off -- reminding him that this was the DA's hearing i.e., they get the last word.

Not that it helped... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Lol -- or when JLS said he wasn't going to be so rude as to copy the DA and allege somebody was lying through their teeth -- but did so anyway!!

I'm sure Judge Blawie was hoping to cut him off -- reminding him that this was the DA's hearing i.e., they get the last word.

Not that it helped... :rolleyes:

Schoenhorn almost "threatened" the judge about CT law vs Federal rulings...Mr. super prepared said..."the case that began with an O, I can't remember..." Uber preparation...
upload_2021-2-22_17-40-14.png

MOO
View attachment 285596
Judge Blawie doesn't come off as brusque as Judge White but he is no push-over, IMO.

Question?

LosAngeles said:
snipped...
This email is to inform you that MICHELLE TROCONIS, with docket number FST CR190167364T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Hearing has been scheduled for 05/25/2021. This will take place in Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse located at the following address: 123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT.

Thank you - and what about these case #s:

#0148553T & #0241178T moved also? @Tink56 ?

Wednesday, February 24th:
*Plea Hearing (@ 2pm ET) – CT - Adam Davenport (31/now 32) arrested & charged (1/29/20) with 1 count of second-degree harassment. Bond: promise to appear.
Davenport confessed to making the calls (30 calls within a span of half-hour) to both Pattis & his law partner Kevin Smith which started in October, 2019. New Haven Superior Court. Re: Jennifer Dulos case.
2/21/20 Update: Preliminary hearing. 2/21/20: Preliminary hearing continued to 3/27. Has been arraigned, but has not entered a plea.
Due to the coronavirus, Connecticut courts are only hearing “priority 1” matters for the next two weeks.

3/27/20 Update: Next plea hearing on 5/1/20. 5/1/20: Plea hearing rescheduled due to coronavirus to 6/19/20. 6/19/20 Update: Awaiting plea. Hearing rescheduled on 8/21/20. 8/21/20 Update: Hearing rescheduled – again – to 10/23/20. 10/23/20 Update: Hearing was rescheduled to 12/24/20. 12/24/20 Update: Plea hearing was rescheduled to 2/4/21.
2/4/21 Update: Still awaiting plea. Plea hearing moved to 2/24/21.

Wednesday, February 24th:
*Plea Hearing (@ 2pm ET) – CT - Adam Davenport (31/now 32) arrested & charged (1/29/20) with 1 count of second-degree harassment. Bond: promise to appear.
Davenport confessed to making the calls (30 calls within a span of half-hour) to both Pattis & his law partner Kevin Smith which started in October, 2019. New Haven Superior Court. Re: Jennifer Dulos case.
2/21/20 Update: Preliminary hearing. 2/
0: Preliminary hearing continued to 3/27. Has been arraigned, but has not entered a plea.
Due to the coronavirus, Connecticut courts are only hearing “priority 1” matters for the next two weeks.
3/27/20 Update: Next plea hearing on 5/1/20. 5/1/20: Plea hearing rescheduled due to coronavirus to 6/19/20. 6/19/20 Update: Awaiting plea. Hearing rescheduled on 8/21/20. 8/21/20 Update: Hearing rescheduled – again – to 10/23/20. 10/23/20 Update: Hearing was rescheduled to 12/24/20. 12/24/20 Update: Plea hearing was rescheduled to 2/4/21.
2/4/21 Update: Still awaiting plea. Plea hearing moved to 2/24/21.

Looks like it's on for today:
Last, First: DAVENPORT ADAM Represented By:21/2
Birth Year: 1988 Times on the Docket: 11
Docket Information
Docket No: N23N-CR20-0226603-S Arresting Agency: LOCAL POLICE NEW HAVEN
Companion:
Program: Arrest Date: 1/29/2020
Court: New Haven GA 23 Bond Amount: $0 (This case only)
Bond Type: Promise to Appear
Miscellaneous: (Released From Custody)
Activity: Awaiting Plea Next Court Date: 2/24/2021 2:00 PM
Current Charges
Statute Description Class Type Occ Offense Date Plea Verdict Finding
53a-183 HARASSMENT 2ND DEG C Misdemeanor 1 10/15/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online