Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Superior Court pretrial hearing in Hug/Farber case against Pattis re retainer fee will be live-streamed this Fri 5/7, 9 a.m., according to jud.ct.gov. Maybe you can link us to it? You're better at it than I am. o_O The trial is also on schedule for live-stream --I think it's 5/26.

Good find Pernickety...And thanks to @sds71 for agreeing to help set it up.

This should be interesting!

@sds71 - is the trial management conference hearing on May 7th still a go for this:

Cases consolidated: #HHD-CV-20-6131504-S: Mark Dean; #HHD-CV20-6131980S: Christopher J. Hug, as administrator of Estate vs. Pattis & Smith, LLC, et al.
Yes, jud.ct.gov says it'll be streamed on youtube. See below. Sds intends to link it here.

Good find Pernickety...And thanks to @sds71 for agreeing to help set it up.

This should be interesting!
Yes, if there's anything good to say about pandemic mode it's that we can "attend" certain events that may have been inconvenient for us to attend in person. I've been getting nuggets of education from library events, town meetings, etc., just by dialing in with my phone. Then they often link us to a video recording afterward.

Yes, if there's anything good to say about pandemic mode it's that we can "attend" certain events that may have been inconvenient for us to attend in person. I've been getting nuggets of education from library events, town meetings, etc., just by dialing in with my phone. Then they often link us to a video recording afterward.

I think that’s good, too. It IS amazing what people can do when they need to. Where I live, they’ve finally allowed some things to be done online that they used to insist only could be done in person, not because of any law or obvious need like to get a vaccine but because they’d always fine it face to face. I’m so glad for changes to make life easier for those who don’t drive or have mobility issues or even just have little kids they’d rather not have to take places like in winter. Anyway, determination and resiliency certainly are in evidence here with everyone dedicated to helping however they can to bring about or cheer on justice for Jennifer. :) MOO.

I wanted to see Norm's receipts
Ditto. NP's lawyer objected to Weinstein's motion to compel discovery saying their motion to dismiss Farber's case (but not Hug's) wasn't decided, then RW replied saying court granted his motion to consolidate Farber's case with Hug's....
IMO court should rule on motion to dimiss, if only to say it's moot.

So - @sds71 - has the hearing for 5/7 been moved to another date? I'll go ahead & post this JUST in case it hasn't....

Friday, May 7th:
*Trial Management Conference Hearing (@ 2pm ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (missing May 24, 2019, New Canaan; not found) – Regarding: Christopher Hug vs. Pattis & Smith. Mark Dean, Trustee v. P&S (MD is trustee of Farber Trust, represented by Richard Weinstein. The 2 cases are consolidated). To recoup the Fotis Dulos’ retainer fee.
Cases consolidated: #HHD-CV-20-6131504-S: Mark Dean; #HHD-CV20-6131980S: Christopher J. Hug, as administrator of Estate vs. Pattis & Smith, LLC, et al. Suit brought by Gloria Farber to ask NP to return some of the funds FD paid him in January, 2019.
Attorney Christopher Hug, the administrator of the estate, filed to intervene in the lawsuit & then filed his own complaint on Aug. 25, also claiming the money should go to the estate. Hug has since negotiated with Pattis & his attorney to determine how much of the $250K should be reimbursed. Dulos paid Pattis & Smith $50K after he was first arrested in June 2019, according to Hug’s lawsuit. Dulos also paid the attorneys $155K prior to his second arrest on a tampering with evidence charge in Sept. 2019, Hug said. In his lawsuit, Hug claims Pattis & Smith broke their June 2019 agreement with Dulos by failing to reimburse unused portions of the $50K & by spending exorbitant amounts on items that were not connected with his defense.
Remote court trial on 5/28/21.

2/25/21 Update: Next trial management conference on 5/7/21 @ 2pm & Remote court trial proceeding on 5/28/21 @ 10am. 5/5/21 Update: Attorney Weinstein has asked for a continuance on 5/7 remote pretrial hearing--until pending motion to dismiss is decided by the court.

So - @sds71 - has the hearing for 5/7 been moved to another date? I'll go ahead & post this JUST in case it hasn't....

Friday, May 7th:
*Trial Management Conference Hearing (@ 2pm ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (missing May 24, 2019, New Canaan; not found) – Regarding: Christopher Hug vs. Pattis & Smith. Mark Dean, Trustee v. P&S (MD is trustee of Farber Trust, represented by Richard Weinstein. The 2 cases are consolidated). To recoup the Fotis Dulos’ retainer fee.
Cases consolidated: #HHD-CV-20-6131504-S: Mark Dean; #HHD-CV20-6131980S: Christopher J. Hug, as administrator of Estate vs. Pattis & Smith, LLC, et al. Suit brought by Gloria Farber to ask NP to return some of the funds FD paid him in January, 2019.
Attorney Christopher Hug, the administrator of the estate, filed to intervene in the lawsuit & then filed his own complaint on Aug. 25, also claiming the money should go to the estate. Hug has since negotiated with Pattis & his attorney to determine how much of the $250K should be reimbursed. Dulos paid Pattis & Smith $50K after he was first arrested in June 2019, according to Hug’s lawsuit. Dulos also paid the attorneys $155K prior to his second arrest on a tampering with evidence charge in Sept. 2019, Hug said. In his lawsuit, Hug claims Pattis & Smith broke their June 2019 agreement with Dulos by failing to reimburse unused portions of the $50K & by spending exorbitant amounts on items that were not connected with his defense.
Remote court trial on 5/28/21.

2/25/21 Update: Next trial management conference on 5/7/21 @ 2pm & Remote court trial proceeding on 5/28/21 @ 10am. 5/5/21 Update: Attorney Weinstein has asked for a continuance on 5/7 remote pretrial hearing--until pending motion to dismiss is decided by the court.
Good tally, Niner. Looks like hearing was marked off for today. Judge Noble granted continuance, but no new date for pretrial conference.

http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=20686600

"Should the motion to dismiss be denied the parties should expect a trial shortly after the ruling."

5/28 remote trial still "proceeding"

Then a 6/14 hearing is scheduled. (doesn't say what for)

Ditto...Thanks to Pernickety and to all....I do hope NP has had time to refill the firm's coffers before the next judicial ruling. (Can they possibly come up with another excuse to avoid discovery?)

I'm particularly tired on NP's legal genius (or games). I, too, want to see the receipts. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

IMO...MOO

Good tally, Niner. Looks like hearing was marked off for today. Judge Noble granted continuance, but no new date for pretrial conference.

http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=20686600

"Should the motion to dismiss be denied the parties should expect a trial shortly after the ruling."

5/28 remote trial still "proceeding"

Then a 6/14 hearing is scheduled. (doesn't say what for)

How do all of those involved keep up with all the dates and changes? I marvel at it. I use calendars, alarms, dual systems, and still, I can’t imagine!

Ditto...Thanks to Pernickety and to all....I do hope NP has had time to refill the firm's coffers before the next judicial ruling. (Can they possibly come up with another excuse to avoid discovery?)

I'm particularly tired on NP's legal genius (or games). I, too, want to see the receipts. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

IMO...MOO

Hug’s complaint says P & S provided “an informal accounting” (I assume to the Probate Court). That seems to be the source of the (alleged) evidence that P & S made expenditures unrelated to FD’s defense from the first retainer fee-- and not the $250,000 second retainer fee. There weren’t many days between the date they got the second retainer and FD’s death. NP wasn’t much of a “genius” if he willingly provided the “informal accounting” that gave grist for legal action against him and his firm.

It’s Mother’s Day and I always think of the countless moms who did and do all they could to keep their beloved children safe and happy, and I always think of JFD—and GF. Whether you’re a mom or not, I wish you this day of feeling loved. Take care, all.

It’s Mother’s Day and I always think of the countless moms who did and do all they could to keep their beloved children safe and happy, and I always think of JFD—and GF. Whether you’re a mom or not, I wish you this day of feeling loved. Take care, all.

Just stopped by to wish all "Moms" a Happy Day!

You've done it much better @HopeForTheBest.....and I agree, love to all, it's the motivation that keeps one going. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lee02!