Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On April 20, the court will hear arguments on a prosecution request to seal the courtroom for certain portions of the case, reported WTNH-TV. Both the prosecution and Troconis' defense have leveled accusations of inappropriate actions in the case.

bbm

Interesting, didn't Schoenhorn make a formal request for a sealed transcript from the Dulos divorce?

Wonder what the prosecution wants to keep quiet until trial?

Maybe KM shared....

From the newspaper article

"Calling the device a modern day "Scarlet Letter," her attorney Jon Schoenhorn argued again in a motion filed Wednesday that his client has obeyed all court orders and restrictions since she was arrested on tampering with evidence and hindering prosecution charges one week after the New Canaan mother of five vanished on May 24, 2019."

I say C'mon John, Really? A modern day "Scarlet Letter" ? The Scarlet Letter was written years ago was about a child born out of wedlock. Troconis is charged with conspiracy to commit murder. Vastly different John. More so in "modern day" times.

Also from the article:
"Schoenhorn filed the motion to support the modification of her conditions of release just one day before evidence in the case he gave to prosecutors through a third-party will be the subject of a closed hearing Thursday in state Superior Court in Stamford. " So it looks like the closed hearing was today to consider whether John gets removed as her counsel. All to do with the evidence given him, which IMO we all think came from Norm by way of the now deceased Fotis. Can you even make this up? Hopefully the court throws out the bogus no chain of custody "evidence" and keeps Schoenhorn in place and get to the damn trial !! What a wicked web they all weave. ALL IMO
Well the scarlet letter is a symbol of shame. So if the GPS fits...wear it

bbm

Well the scarlet letter is a symbol of shame. So if the GPS fits...wear it
she has zero right to claim to be embarrassed to have to wear this. She had zero sympathy for Jennifer’s embarrassment when she moved herself and her kid into Jennifer’s home, and bedroom. Embarassment goes with the territory of being arrested on the most serious of charges. It doesn’t matter if she claims to be innocent-there was enough evidence to charge her.

also from article - re GPS monitor:

Both Judge Gary White and Assistant State's Attorney Michelle Manning said they had not had time to read the brief, which led White to delay arguments on the matter until April 6. Before the next hearing, Manning may file a response to Schoenhorn's brief.

and then the April 20th hearing re seal the courtroom.
The good news is it's Judge White. The best,IMO

It occurred to me today that we’ve focused most of our “hostility”in MT’s direction, and not much for KM. I think it’s because there is little to no pretense on KM’s part about being a good guy, who is being unreasonably persecuted. MT, on the other hand has gone out of her way to pretend to be a person of great faith (joining the church in Avon for about 20 minutes), a person who loves animals and children (horse therapy), and one who obey the rules (so compliant re: her bond restrictions). At least, this is the source of my intense dislike-all of that, and my belief that she knew in advance that Jennifer was going to die, and she helped with the planning and the aftermath.

It occurred to me today that we’ve focused most of our “hostility”in MT’s direction, and not much for KM. I think it’s because there is little to no pretense on KM’s part about being a good guy, who is being unreasonably persecuted. MT, on the other hand has gone out of her way to pretend to be a person of great faith (joining the church in Avon for about 20 minutes), a person who loves animals and children (horse therapy), and one who obey the rules (so compliant re: her bond restrictions). At least, this is the source of my intense dislike-all of that, and my belief that she knew in advance that Jennifer was going to die, and she helped with the planning and the aftermath.

YES! KM doesn't wear all-white to court, sport a rosary/use faith as a tool, flood social media with an aura of goodness & family & everything fine and dandy.

Of the three alleged co-conspirators, KM has been the most straightforward since JF's disappearance. More respectable, essentially, then before. Facing the mess instead of taking the coward's way out like buddy fD imho.

And he didn't remove belongings from the house that should have benefited the children, either by loading a truck or through an attorney.

Say, Easter is soon -- does everyone have their white plates for throwing???

03/20/2023

This notification is brought to you by the Connecticut Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (SAVIN) Program.

This email is to inform you that MICHELLE TROCONIS, with docket number FST CR200241178T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Hearing has been scheduled for 04/06/2023. This will take place in Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse located at the following address: 123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT.

Please be aware that there is often more than one case scheduled for a particular date in this court. Please visit www.jud.ct.gov to check for any updates that may be available on this case.

For more information, contact the Office of Victim Services at 1-800-822-8428. For updates about this case or for driving directions to the courthouse, you can visit www.jud.ct.gov.

This notification is sponsored by the Connecticut SAVIN Program. It is our hope that this information has been helpful to you.

Thank you,

It truly breaks my heart that this case has taken so long to get to trial. It’s an embarrassment to me as a Connecticut resident. I believe MT will run the second her monitor is removed. Please begin the trial so MT can get a verdict! Only then will her ankle bracelet be removed. Judged by a jury of her peers - only they can decide where her ankle will tread. IMO

It truly breaks my heart that this case has taken so long to get to trial. It’s an embarrassment to me as a Connecticut resident. I believe MT will run the second her monitor is removed. Please begin the trial so MT can get a verdict! Only then will her ankle bracelet be removed. Judged by a jury of her peers - only they can decide where her ankle will tread. IMO
Wheels of justice in CT are indeed stuck! Meanwhile, husbands in the west (Colorado esp) keep killing their wives but the courts are moving them along to trial! MOO

Most defendants in criminal trials also benefit from a delay that often makes it more challenging to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt because the longer the case is delayed, witnesses move away or memories fade with time etc. It’s so unfortunate, especially in this case where 5 children lost their mother. I would think it would be placed on a “high priority” trial date list (and maybe it is?), but we are approaching year 4 in late May. Who knows, MT may now claim she’s been denied her right to a speedy trial!

Most defendants in criminal trials also benefit from a delay that often makes it more challenging to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt because the longer the case is delayed, witnesses move away or memories fade with time etc. It’s so unfortunate, especially in this case where 5 children lost their mother. I would think it would be placed on a “high priority” trial date list (and maybe it is?), but we are approaching year 4 in late May. Who knows, MT may now claim she’s been denied her right to a speedy trial!
Schoenhorn already recently alluded to MT being denied her right to a speedy trial. As if he wasn’t partly responsible!

Any attorneys here-can someone explain what interest MT might have in JD and fD’s divorce documents? My inclination is to say that she has zero business perusing those documents, but I don’t want to be reactionary. Is there, or could there be, any legal reason for MT and her legal team to have access to either the divorce or custody documents?

Any attorneys here-can someone explain what interest MT might have in JD and fD’s divorce documents? My inclination is to say that she has zero business perusing those documents, but I don’t want to be reactionary. Is there, or could there be, any legal reason for MT and her legal team to have access to either the divorce or custody documents?

I realize that this is a different state, but here goes:

@gitana1 @AZlawyer @LaLaw2000 @Nikynoo

Judge White did restate it:

White told Schoenhorn that he was misinterpreting the purpose of the monitor.

“You’re mischaracterizing the pretrial regulations as punishment, they’re not intended to punish,” he said, noting that Troconis’ life has not been significantly impacted by the terms of her release.

“She’s doing all sorts of things and her life isn’t being impeded,” he said. “But the court has an interest, and the state has an interest, in knowing where she is at any particular time.”

Assistant State’s Attorney Michelle Manning said she strongly objected to Schoenhorn’s request that the monitor be removed, emphasizing the seriousness of the charges Troconis faces.

White denied the motion, ordering her to continue wearing the monitor.

Troconis must keep wearing GPS monitor; defense receives sought-after evidence in Dulos case
From one year ago March 2022 -- bumping Judge White correcting Attorney JS that he's mischaracterizing MT's GPS monitor as punishment!

bbm

Interesting, didn't Schoenhorn make a formal request for a sealed transcript from the Dulos divorce?

Wonder what the prosecution wants to keep quiet until trial?

Maybe KM shared....
^^bbm

This appeal is being heard in the Supreme Court and was ready for oral argument later in March but JLS filed he was going on vacation and not available so no date set by the court as of yet.

Shameless JLS.

He filed the appeal a week after he received the evaluation report. What's worse, he wants to court and the public to believe he's filed this as a regular public citizen because he alleges Judge Heller did not give proper public notice before closing the hearing to the public. o_O

“I brought this appeal on principle as a regular citizen with a clear constitutional right to attend public court hearings and get certified transcripts from them,” Schoenhorn said Friday. “Any time a judge ever wants to close a courtroom to the public, it first requires a public hearing and a finding that the right of the public is outweighed by something compelling. None of that happened here.”

Also, be reminded this was the two-day hearing where the psychiatrist (Dr. Herman) who did the evaluation refused to complete his testimony and walked out.

I trust the court will agree the spirit of the public disclosure law is not to prevent private family matters-- especially where only minor children remain alive, to be forced unsealed by a public citizen! To my knowledge, he's the only public citizen challenging the closure of the hearing!

There is nothing here to warrant the transcript of the hearing being made public as a matter beneficial to the public at large or the public's safety. It's complete rubbish by JLS! MOO

Refresher on the closed hearing presided over by Judge Heller:

7/7/19

[..]

Meehan [guardian] said Dulos at that point had had 10 supervised visits with his children totaling about 48 hours.

“Not speaking for Ms. Dulos, but Ms. Dulos’ concern is that dealing with Mr. Dulos is like dealing with a bouncing ball. He sends an itinerary, he sets for a procedure she prepares for that and then shortly before, during or while in, something changes,” Meehan said.

But he also made it clear that the children wanted to see their father.

“The children are very vocal. They have vocalized their position as to what they would like to see. All of them want more time with their dad. They want to see their father. They have vocalized that to me,” Meehan said.

Dulos complained that he hadn’t seen his children in three weeks at that point other than in family therapy sessions. He asked the court for “makeup time” because the children were begging for it. Dulos also believed the restrictions keeping the children from seeing Troconis and her daughter were unnecessary as was barring his children from coming back to his home in Farmington.

“Michelle and [her daughter] have been wonderful to the children. There’s absolutely no evidence they have done anything wrong or they have spoken badly about Jennifer or anybody else,” Dulos said. “I want the children to come back to their home. They are asking for it. They’re asking to see their rooms. They’re missing their home. They consider this to be their home, and they have voiced that many times in family services therapy.”

[..]

40 different motions

The hearings on the custody motion ended in October 2018, but it wasn’t until March of this year that Heller issued new orders — the ones that Dulos’ attorney, Norm Pattis, referred to in court last month as being beneficial to his client.

Heller set up a schedule allowing supervised visitation for Dulos to see his children every other weekend, seven hours at a time, starting on March 30. She kept many of the previous restrictions in place, including no contact between Troconis and the children.

But as with other orders in this case, it was immediately challenged by the other side, causing even further delays in the case.

On April 25, the date of the last hearing held before Farber Dulos’ May 24 disappearance, the couple argued about whether Dulos’ drive to and from New Canaan should count as part of his visitation time and where he should pick up and drop off the children. The hearing was long, prompting Heller to suggest that they visit family relations, which Midler dismissed as just another level of bureaucracy.

“There needs to be some mechanism for addressing disputes that do not require the court’s intervention, because if that is the case, then this case will be here five years from now,” Heller said, according to transcripts. “There are probably at this point forty different motions, and we could shut down the courthouse and not hear any other case and spend the rest of 2019 hearing and deciding those motions.”

The hearing ended with Midler arguing strenuously against Dulos getting the children for the Greek Orthodox Easter weekend on April 28.

“This is a piece of self-interest litigation that’s being driven by the defendant, because he has other concerns than the healing of the family; he’s more concerned with the problems back at” Dulos’ home in Farmington, Midler said, according to court transcripts.

[Farber-Dulos attorney] Midler raised concerns about how the children would be supervised during the weekend, saying 15 relatives of Troconis would be there in addition to another 20 to 30 people that are usually invited.

“We’ve had problems with children going missing in action before while visiting there, so this would be totally unworkable, it is not appropriate,” he said.

Heller didn’t adjust the visitation schedule to allow the Easter visit. She said she was waiting to get the custody report from Dr. Herman, which was overdue.

“Then the children will not have Easter,” Dulos said. “That’s great.”

Herman submitted his custody report to Meehan on April 24. A week later, Midler filed a motion asking the judge to remove Meehan as the guardian because he claimed Meehan had allowed Michael Rose, Dulos’ new attorney, to see it before the judge issued an order on how it would be distributed. It was Rose’s copy that was found in Dulos’ home after state police searched it last month.

Meehan asked Heller to investigate how Dulos ended up with the report. Heller ordered copies of the reports returned to Meehan and said attorneys could only look at it and take notes in his presence.

The motion to remove Meehan was never acted upon. Family law experts have said the motion to remove the guardian so far into the case was unusual.

Forensic exam

After Herman’s report was finished, he testified about it in a closed courtroom, but Midler could not complete his cross-examination once Herman left the witness stand and refused to return to court. Because of that, the sealed report is not officially part of the family court file, though Pattis is arguing in criminal court to have it unsealed.

Midler, who had recommended Herman, had emphasized the importance of the report during the previous hearing.

“We’re talking about one week, and when you consider the importance that many people attach to a custody evaluation that it may very well cause one or the other party to change their position,” Midler said.

While the details of Herman’s report haven’t been released publicly, no one disputed Pattis when he said in court two weeks ago that it was favorable to Dulos. But whether the report ever officially becomes evidence in the divorce case is now uncertain, which Dulos would have been well aware of as he played basketball with his sons on May 22.

[..]

9/20/2020

[..]

Justice Is Hard to Come By​

Justice for Jennifer advocates have done everything within their collective power to hold Fotis Dulos accountable.

Who else should be held accountable?

[..]

Fotis and Jennifer Dulos were amid an acrimonious divorce and custody battle. As a result, emergency custody hearings were held at the request of Fotis before Judge Donna N. Heller on May 10 and May 17, 2019.
The hearings included testimony from court-appointed psychiatrist Dr. Stephen Herman, who met with Fotis Dulos 14 times in an evaluation of the Dulos family to help determine suitable custody of the children.

Dr. Herman found Fotis, the father, eminently suitable to have custody of the children.

1679631347554.png

Dr. Stephen P. Herman, evaluated Fotis Dulos. His job was to find which parent was best suited to have custody, from a standpoint of how the lawyers and the GAL, on whom he depends for referrals, can maximize their earnings.

Dr. Stephen Herman’s court-ordered evaluation was supposed to fully assess and document actual reality and actual potential.

Fotis Dulos also met with Dr. Stephen Humphrey, a court-appointed Hartford psychiatrist, 20 times.

Screen-Shot-2022-09-19-at-5.53.55-AM.png

Dr. Stephen Humphrey, CT court psychologist, does the needful. Whatever it takes to ensure the billings go skyward.

Dr. Humphrey concluded Fotis Dulos was a “gregarious and confident person” who had no psychopathic tendencies.

ETA: I recall listening to Dr. Humphrey and my impession of him was that he had a serious "man-crush" on Fotis. It was pathetic. I would not be surprised if FD also charmed Herman. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina