Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does she have a court appearance tomorrow the 16th? I might have the date wrong.
Information is accurate as of March 15, 2023 04:50 AM
Defendant Information
Last, First: TROCONIS MICHELLERepresented By: 101793 J.L.SCHOENHORN
Birth Year: 1974Times on the Docket: 36
Docket Information
Docket No:FST -CR20-0241178-TArresting Agency:CSP TROOP G
Companion:
Program:Arrest Date:1/7/2020
Court:Stamford JDBond Amount:$1,500,000 (This case only)
Bond Type:Professional Surety
Miscellaneous:(Released From Custody)
Activity:Pre-TrialNext Court Date:
3/16/2023 9:00 AM
Current Charges
StatuteDescriptionClassTypeOccOffense DatePleaVerdict Finding
53a-54aCONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER

Information is accurate as of March 15, 2023 04:50 AM
Defendant Information
Last, First: TROCONIS MICHELLERepresented By: 101793 J.L.SCHOENHORN
Birth Year: 1974Times on the Docket: 36
Docket Information
Docket No:FST -CR20-0241178-TArresting Agency:CSP TROOP G
Companion:
Program:Arrest Date:1/7/2020
Court:Stamford JDBond Amount:$1,500,000 (This case only)
Bond Type:Professional Surety
Miscellaneous:(Released From Custody)
Activity:Pre-TrialNext Court Date:
3/16/2023 9:00 AM
Current Charges
StatuteDescriptionClassTypeOccOffense DatePleaVerdict Finding
53a-54aCONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER
Thanks!!

Agreed....I remember being so freaking angry when FD offed himself, I wanted him in court on the stand and he just took the coward's way out. I was greally mad for a long long time. Those kids deserved better.
I felt the same way-he was too much of a coward to face the consequences of his actions. His children DID deserve better.

MichelleT'sWants that GPS off to run. Or doesn't look good in shorts. She can have riding boots specially made. smh Knew this was coming. LOL

Michelle Troconis' lawyer files to suspend 24/7 GPS monitoring
You know what's preventing Jennifer Farber from working with horses and children? Murder.

i say tighten Michi's bracelet. I have a recommendation -- she wants her monitor off during her delay of trial? Try jail. Little bracelet, big jail. Your choice, MT.

She enjoys more freedom than most people! Enough with her entitlement already.

Jennifer has no freedom.

JMO

You know what's preventing Jennifer Farber from working with horses and children? Murder.

i say tighten Michi's bracelet. I have a recommendation -- she wants her monitor off during her delay of trial? Try jail. Little bracelet, big jail. Your choice, MT.

She enjoys more freedom than most people! Enough with her entitlement already.

Jennifer has no freedom.

JMO
I hope the judge denies this once again. (I think he will). These frivolous motions need to stop. The trial needs to move forward. What is up with courts in CT these days? I lived there most of my life and don't recall anything like this. Can this still be backlog from COVID?

I hope the judge denies this once again. (I think he will). These frivolous motions need to stop. The trial needs to move forward. What is up with courts in CT these days? I lived there most of my life and don't recall anything like this. Can this still be backlog from COVID?
IMO, seems to be different calendars for different folks.

Although the best response to MT's whining over the GPS monitor was when Judge White suggested jail might be more convenient if the monitor was such an issue, the Court has consistently upheld this condition of bond release.

The judge, who said she reviewed the arrest warrants, denied the reduced bails, and ordered that if either Dulos or Troconis are released on bail, they must turn over their passports and agree to GPS monitoring.

It has been awhile since she was in court - I will shorten this up a bit...

Thursday, March 16th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 9am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Michelle C. Tronconis (44/now 48) (Dulos’ GF) arrested & charged (6/1/19) & arraigned (6/3/19) with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence & hindering prosecution. Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond (on 6/3/19). These charges were dismissed (8/28/20) & recharged below.
*Charged (9/5/19) & arraigned (10/4/19) with tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from work colleague. Plead not guilty. $100K bond. Posted bond (on 9/5/19).
*Charged (1/7/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bond. Bond reduced (1/8/20) to $1.5M & bonded out (on 1/9/20).
*Charged (8/28/20) with 2nd degree hindering prosecution, tampering with physical evidence & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered yet. $500K bond. Posted bond.
Bond info & Court info from 6/3/19 thru 10/12/22 reference post #494 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-55.609653/page-25

10/18/22 Update: No info on what was discussed, but there will be a hearing on 11/29/22 & if needed, 11/30, about the state’s motion to disqualify Jon Schoenhorn as Troconis’ attorney. He filed his own motion to disqualify this state’s attorney’s office. “Schoenhorn should be disqualified,” the state wrote, for two reasons. First, prosecutors argued, “he is likely to be a necessary witness in the impending trial, and thus there is a compelling need for his testimony.” Second, they asserted, “he is laboring under a potential conflict of interest with a likelihood of it developing into a substantial actual conflict.”
11/29/22 Update: Due to a judge being out today & therefore cases being moved around, Troconis' hearing was pushed from 10am to 2pm. The State & defense met in Judge's chambers to discuss the many pending motions in the case, including the reciprocal motions to have attorneys from each side removed. The hearing will continue tomorrow, 11/30/22.
11/30/22: Schoenhorn & prosecutors in the case have called for the removal of each other over the handling of a sweatshirt that both sides contend may be evidence in the case. As recently as Monday, Schoenhorn filed a memorandum opposing his removal as Troconis' attorney while seeking deep sanctions against prosecutors. Schoenhorn now wants a judge to either dismiss the case against his client or replace the state police Western District Major Crime Squad, which has been investigating the death of Jennifer Dulos for more than three years, with another unit & transfer the court case to a different jurisdiction. Schoenhorn will be represented by attorney John Gulash during the hearing in February. On Tuesday, the parties essentially met with the Judge in chambers. They returned for a brief hearing today, Wednesday when Judge Gary White said he will hear arguments about the requests to disqualify the defense & prosecution in the case on 2/23/23.
1/31/23 Update: All cases have now been rescheduled on 3/8/23 for a pretrial hearing.
2/9/23 Update: State prosecutors have filed a motion to have the courtroom closed to the public during an upcoming hearing for Troconis & have any records related to the hearing sealed, records show. The State filed the motion with the Superior Court in the Stamford judicial district on 2/9/23, ahead of an impending privilege waiver hearing that is set to take place sometime between 3/9/ & 3/16, prosecutors said in the motion. The motion, signed by Assistant State’s Attorney Sean P. McGuinness, said the hearing is expected to cover two issues: whether a cover letter written by Troconis’ attorney Jon Schoenhorn to attorney Tara Knight falls under the category of privileged communication and, if it does, whether that privilege should be waived. According to the filed motion, Schoenhorn is expected to introduce evidence of his privileged relationship & confidential communications with Knight. Prosecutors said in the motion that protecting attorney-client privilege overrules the right of the public to attend the hearing. McGuinness said the state filed the motion not to agree or concede that the cover letter is privileged but in an effort to move the case along as quickly as possible.
2/16/23 Update: Pretrial hearing on 3/8/23 has been rescheduled on 3/16/23. 3/14/23 Update: Troconis' lawyer files to suspend 24/7 GPS monitoring.
*Kent D. Mawhinney (54/now 57) – Murder: Judge John F. Blawie put the case on the trial docket. Disposition hearing on 12/15/22. Trial set to begin January, 2023. 2/23/22: Plead guilty to a charge of violating a protective order that stemmed from an incident involving his ex-wife. Sentenced for violation & assault on 6/17/22 was given a 5 year suspended prison sentence & 3 years of probation on a domestic violence charge.
*Fotis Dulos (52) – Committed suicide on 1/28/20 & declared dead at 5:32pm on 1/30/20. 3/3/20: Charges dismissed. The case against Dulos will be officially dismissed in about a year, unless the state decides to reopen it. 1/17/22: After debt, no money left in Dulos estate for children. While Fotis Dulos’ estate has $395,687 in assets, it owes $548,280.75 in expenses, according to Farmington Probate Court records. Attorney Christopher Hug will be paid $189,525 for settling the estate & attorney Paul Knierim, who represented Hug, will receive $98,326, court documents show."

Wants that GPS off to run. Or doesn't look good in shorts. She can have riding boots specially made. smh Knew this was coming. LOL

This makes me really angry. First of all, that ankle monitor does not prevent her from training horses or teaching children. And as far as embarrassment goes, well, how embarrassed does she think Jennifer was when MT moved herself and her kid into HER house, and everything that Jennifer paid for? And then, let’s talk about MT’s compliance…as Judge White once said, it’s easy to be compliant when you know you’re being monitored. If they remove that ankle monitor, she will run.

So sorry she has had the burden of wearing it for 2 years - at least she CAN wear it, Jennifer can't wear anything anymore!

If she really wants her ankle bracelet removed then maybe just maybe let this progress to a court trial instead of one delay after another? I dunno, but that makes sense to me!

Wants that GPS off to run. Or doesn't look good in shorts. She can have riding boots specially made. smh Knew this was coming. LOL

From the newspaper article

"Calling the device a modern day "Scarlet Letter," her attorney Jon Schoenhorn argued again in a motion filed Wednesday that his client has obeyed all court orders and restrictions since she was arrested on tampering with evidence and hindering prosecution charges one week after the New Canaan mother of five vanished on May 24, 2019."

I say C'mon John, Really? A modern day "Scarlet Letter" ? The Scarlet Letter was written years ago was about a child born out of wedlock. Troconis is charged with conspiracy to commit murder. Vastly different John. More so in "modern day" times.

Also from the article:
"Schoenhorn filed the motion to support the modification of her conditions of release just one day before evidence in the case he gave to prosecutors through a third-party will be the subject of a closed hearing Thursday in state Superior Court in Stamford. " So it looks like the closed hearing was today to consider whether John gets removed as her counsel. All to do with the evidence given him, which IMO we all think came from Norm by way of the now deceased Fotis. Can you even make this up? Hopefully the court throws out the bogus no chain of custody "evidence" and keeps Schoenhorn in place and get to the damn trial !! What a wicked web they all weave. ALL IMO

So sorry she has had the burden of wearing it for 2 years - at least she CAN wear it, Jennifer can't wear anything anymore!

If she really wants her ankle bracelet removed then maybe just maybe let this progress to a court trial instead of one delay after another? I dunno, but that makes sense to me!
I think if I were innocent, my priority would be to elevate the trial date to prove my innocence vs. moan what a burden the clunky ankle bracelet is to navigate through daily living, which delays the process.

So no news from the closed hearing yet?

TIA! :)

@Tink56 - any news on next hearing dates in the court site? And one for maybe Mawhinney?

On April 20, the court will hear arguments on a prosecution request to seal the courtroom for certain portions of the case, reported WTNH-TV. Both the prosecution and Troconis' defense have leveled accusations of inappropriate actions in the case.

On April 20, the court will hear arguments on a prosecution request to seal the courtroom for certain portions of the case, reported WTNH-TV. Both the prosecution and Troconis' defense have leveled accusations of inappropriate actions in the case.

also from article - re GPS monitor:

Both Judge Gary White and Assistant State's Attorney Michelle Manning said they had not had time to read the brief, which led White to delay arguments on the matter until April 6. Before the next hearing, Manning may file a response to Schoenhorn's brief.

and then the April 20th hearing re seal the courtroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina